Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• lucasqlucasq Posts: 20
    Baltimore area. 2.5s has more options to select and you may find the information you want from here.
    http://www.edmunds.com/nissan/altima/2011/#fullreview
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    Wow, to get $20940 OTD, your base price is about 19K + TTL or 6k under MSRP.
  • laran1laran1 Posts: 3
    Hi,
    How much should I excpect to pay for
    1-the basic 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 in MA ?
    "The Msrp is $20,410.00"

2-the basic 2011 Nissan altima 2.5 ?

Thank you
    Yes, that's what the altima's price is supposed to be.
  • prizpriz Posts: 1
    edited July 2011
    I recently got a 2011 Altima 2.5S in Lynnfield, MA
    special edition
    alumium plate
    splash guard
    floor/ trunk mat
    wheel lock(not listed but maybe a bonus)

21K OTD. (MSRP $24430 by truecar...but dealer tagged it as $24060)
    about $19400 for the car. (with $1250 incentive)

2.5 base is a bit harder to deal since the dealers don't stock them a lot. Check the truecar and you could see the lowest recent sale was around $16500. That price won't be easy, but try to deal better than truecar haggle free quotes.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Posts: 749
    Yes, that's what the altima's price is supposed to be.

No, I don't think it's a normal price for every where or all the time. It might be true for your area or if you buy it in the right time.

I helped my brother to get a 2011 2.5S like yours minus the Special Edition almost 2 months ago. We needed to go to 3 dealers in order to get 19.5K +TTL.

Best price at Truecar now is $20,622 (like yours) + TTL in Philly area.
  • cocruisincocruisin Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2011 2.5SL-in Colorado

Convenience Pkg
    Convenience Pkg Plus
    SL Pkg with all bells and whistles
    Prem Audio Pkg
    Alum. Sill Plates
    Splash guards

24,700-8000 trade + 0% finance! Awsome!
    Love this car so far. Very fun to drive with all the upgrades!
  • jam808jam808 Posts: 14
    What is an good price for a 2012 Altima 2.5S with
    Convience package
    Audio (radio on steering wheel)
    Blutooth packatge

I live in Miami/Fort lauderdale..

Esserman Nissan in Miami $21695 for a 2.5S
    Maroone Nissam $22788

all with none of the perks listed above. I am still waiting on a few other quotes.
    I will keep u posted.

all help will be good.
    24,700 is OTD or plus tax and tags?
    Thanks
  • jam808jam808 Posts: 14
    edited July 2011
    2012 Altima Nissan 2.5S
    Convience Package

sub total 23785.
    Florida disp 6.5
    Vehicle Service contract 2002. (Gold Security Package 72 months or 100,000 miles)
    Amount taxable 25793.50
    Sales tax 1547.61
    tag and registration fee 110.10
    Sub total 27451.21
    warranty enforcement act 2.0
    non taxable Gap 695.00
    Customer rebate 1250.00
    Down 2000
    unpaid balance 24898.21

My plan is to refinance with the credit union is 6 months
    The Gap will be credited and added at a less amount
  • jack203jack203 Posts: 1
    edited August 2011
    just bought at OTD 17000 + TTL
  • jithujithu Posts: 1
    I am new this country and hence I dont have any credit hisory. I bought a Nissan Altima 2.5S 2012 putting 50% as down payment and my relative who had 751 FICO score co-signed for me. The dealer made my relative as the main buyer and I as the co-buyer. He charged an extra 500 dollars stating that I belong to Tier 4 and and my relative belong to Tier 1 otherwise my interest rate for the finance would shoot up. So is this additional fee actually charged or was I fooled??? Somebody please advise me. Thanks in advance.
  • rachitrachit Posts: 5
    I just bought a new 2011 Nissan Altima on July 30.

I got the 2.5S with Convenience package + Carpeted floor mats + Aluminum kick plates + trunk sub floor organizer.

The car was listed at some $24850 or so.

I got it for $19322 + TTL = $21450 out of door (CA taxes suck!!)

The dealer was trying to force GAP insurance on me for $600 and I said that no way am I buying that, so he removed that.

Though, he did end up selling me some phantom sticker warranty thing for $99 which helps recover cars if stolen.

Apart from that since I did not have that good a credit score (~ 650), I got the loan at 4.74%

Quite happy that the dealer reduced the base price by at least $5500.
    Note: This includes $500 of new college graduate discount.
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Posts: 37
    It sounds like you got a very good deal to me. I bought my new 2010 exactly a year ago and have really loved it. Only had one weird problem...the battery having to be replaced after 3 months. I have never heard of that $99 thing you bought. I would be interested to know if anyone knows if it is worth anything. Happy driving!
  • Drove the Altima and consider it far superior to Fusion, Malibu, and 200. Few questions for the forum:

1) Costco plan is $100 over invoice. Is this as good as it gets or should I try to negotiate lower with another dealer?

2) I am over 50, no accidents or claims for over 20 years. Yet, the insurance quote for the Altima 2.5S was $632/six months or about $220 over my Grand Prix. Is the Altima abnormally high? I did notice on the IFHS website that it ranked lower in crash tests than many of the mid-sized cars.

3) How difficult is it to order a Special Edition with no other options? I am getting it for the foglights. Or is it easier to just get a 2.5S and have the lights installed as an accessory?

4) Is the quality the same for vehicles coming out of both plants?

Thank you in advance for any insights you can provide!
    It is a good price in Baltimore/DC area.
    That warranty is called Invisible Phantom Stickers. After doing a little search myself I feel that it's almost like a scam. You pay $99 and the warranty is for 5 years. They have etched my VIN number on different parts of the car and they will help me recover the parts if stolen. If they fail to do so within 30 days, then they will pay me $2500.

Why was your battery replaced after 3 months? I hope it was covered by the warranty..
  • LEASE
    2012 Altima 2.5 S
    Base: $22,570
    Options:
    Premium Audio, Convenience, Convenience Plus, SL Packagem Mats & Kick Plates + Destination Charges.

Total sticker: $28,850.

TERMS
    Agreed Value: $26,349 + $595 Acquisition + $1,250 trade-in (balance).

$2k out of pocket ($1226.66 as cap cost reduction and includes 1st payment & reg)

36 month lease
    12k miles/year
    Los Angeles County

Total monthly: $308.32 (including tax)
  • nash4unash4u Posts: 5
    edited August 2011
    Hello,

I recently bought a 2011 Nissan Altima 3.5 SR Coupe with Premium, Leather and Technology package for $540 per month for 60 months (0% APR) and $1000 down from a Nissan dealership in Dallas.

Please let me know if this is a good deal for a price of $33,400 ($540 * 60 + 1000)?

Thanks!
  • otoluvaotoluva Posts: 143
    No you did not celloshred, I just leased a Maxima MSRP $36400 for less than that, check out Maxima board.
  • Just signed a lease this evening in MA for a Silver 2011 Altima 2.5 S:

Here was my situation. Just financed a 2012 VW CC 3 months ago. Had payments of $427 but had a family emergency. Wanted to lower payments without sacrificing too many features as I am in sales and need a comfortable car. My first concern was getting out of my CC with no negative equity and I did that. So then it came to the Altima:

Base Price: $22,430
    Includes:
    -Premium Audio Package
    -Convenience Package
    -Convenience Plus Package
    -2.5 SL Package
    -Mat set
    -Kickplates
    (Tried to get the mats and kick plates taken off considering I dont want them for $355 but they wouldn't budge)
    Total Sticker Price: $28,760.00

Actual Sold Price: $25,590
    Incentives: $1,250($500 Recent Grad program)
    Maintenance and Warranty plan up to 60k miles, $895 for both(I plan to buy it out).
    $894 due at signing (includes first months payment, $319 doc fee which they would budge on, title and registration)
    Total Gross Cap Cost: $27,161.79

12k miles/year
    39 months
    Residual= $15,530.40
    Monthly Payments: $300.28 (Was around $280 w/o warranty and maintenance plans. But I like the security of not having to pay for any oil changes, tire rotations, and anything else that may happen).

I gave another Nissan dealership the opportunity to gain my business if they could beat that and they said absolutely not, you better jump on that.

According to True Car, if I add the options to the 2.5 S, I could get it for around $23,500 but I don't think I could have gotten another $2k off considering they wouldn't even give me the mats and kickplates discount, even tried to get a spoiler and no go. So anyone who can get the Altima with all those packages for $23,500 is lucky.
  • nash4unash4u Posts: 5
    Hello,

Please let me know if I was unable to get a good deal on this car?

I was also sold a service package and GAP insurance for a total monthly payment of $554.11 for 60 months and $1000 down.

Hence the total price that I will be paying for this vehicle is $34246 over the next 5 years at 0% interest.

Note that the car has a Leather, Technology and Premium package installed.
  • Hello all,
    I am planing to purchase a 2011 Nissan Altima special edition, checked out couple dealers around the Pittsburgh area, the best price i got so far is $22000 walkout price, i am wondering is this a good price for the car?
    Thanks
  • ninja15ninja15 Posts: 3
    Hey guys.. here is the quote I am getting (cheaper than Costco) in Phoenix -

2012 Nissan Altima Sedan
    SL Package
    Premium Audio Package
    Convenience Package
    Convenience Plus Package
    Aluminum Kick Plate
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats

$24300 + tax & TTL

Let me know what you think.
  • That's a good deal I think. I was quoted something similar in DE.

2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
    Premium Audio
    Convenience Pkg
    Convenience Plus Pkg
    Floor Mats
    Rear Spoiler
    Fog Lights
    Aluminum Kick Plates
    Lifetime oil changes

$23,500 + TTL

Dealer said they wouldn't do the special financing on top of this though. I had to choose the special rate or rebates. Credit rating is good so I should still get under 3%.
  • clistclist Posts: 1
    My wife thinks I settled too quickly. What do you think?

2012 Altima S

SL Package
    Convenience & Convenience Plus
    Floor Mats

MSRP 27,850

Purchased for $24,500 after $1500 in rebates but they gave us $14,300 for our 2009 Civic that we paid $14,500 for 2 years ago. Our payoff with a $500 down payment left us at:

$20,300 before TTL. Total financed is just above $21,500.

She kept trying to get them down to $24K but they said $24,500 was their invoice and they wouldn't go lower but they did sweeten the trade.

What do you thinK?
  • mspohcamspohca Posts: 1
    Hey Edmundians, I am in the DC/MD/VA area, and I am purchasing my 1st car. Wanted to see if I can get some feedback on what should be a fair and reasonable price, or what was the lowest price someone got on either a:

2011 or 2012 Altma Sedan 2.5 S with "The Technology package"(Navigation System).

If I could get a break-down, that would be super great and highly appreciated. Thank you!
  • patilpatil Posts: 3
    Hi,

I have been offered $22,995 + TTL (about $424) for the following in Manchester, NH.
    NH doesn't have a sales tax but I will have to shell out about $500 for registration apart from the title charges.

Nissan Altima 2.5 S
    Premium audio package
    2.5 SL package (leather)
    2.5 S Convenience plus package

Should I go for this deal?

Thanks in advance,

Sharath
    Hi Sharath

Though the deal is very good, it's not the best.

I think there is space for $300-400 more.

Give the dealer an offer of $22650 + TTL and tell them that you will buy the car right now (provided you are ready). I did this on the phone & told the dealer that I will be there in an hour if he agrees on my price (& he did)

This is just my thought but if a dealer is in a good position, they may not negotiate. On the other hand, it's nearing the end of the month & if they have not met their target they would probably agree.

Remember the deal is very good. If you are happy with everything else, this price is good enough. I was just try to help you to squeeze the best out of the dealer :)
  • patilpatil Posts: 3
    Hi Rachit,

Thank you for posting your opinion. I shall try negotiating and post the results :)

Thanks,
    Sharath