Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got a good deal, I found the bottom line price for that model at $21,083.00 with just the $1500.00 rebate. Can you break down the price as I too am from San Antonio. Also what dealerdhip did you purchase from?
  • new_car_tnnew_car_tn Member Posts: 4
    Is this $22,848 OTD Price?
  • livindol2012livindol2012 Member Posts: 5
    No before tax, title, tags...
  • texasuser786texasuser786 Member Posts: 4
    Price of the car(After all the discounts from dealership & Nissan):- 20020
    Grad Discount : - 500
    MLK weekend Discount:- 500(I think they are still running it)
    TTL - > 1480.
    with 0% Apr + 0 downpayment.

Actually I did some comparision shopping. I first got the price from Ancira Nissan, they were offering me the same car to me at 21,180 OTD. Then I asked Ingram Park Nissan if they could beat the price. They said yes & sold it to me at $20500 OTD.
    Hope this helps!
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Thanks for the information. I checked the Gunn website and see they have one listed at $18,108 so I plan on checking with them to see if there's a catch on that price. How do you like the car thus far?
  • cfundocfundo Member Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Guys, can anyone tell me what a "good" deal is in OTD price for a 2012 Nissan Altima Anniversary edition in NYC or Brooklyn? I'm trying to buy one next week and want to know what people have been able to get in OTD price.
  • friday3pmfriday3pm Member Posts: 2
    2012 Altima 2.5S (Con, Con+, SL PKG) w/ floor mats, trunk organizer, splash guard (included)

MSRP $27,990
    Sticker $27,800

OTD $25,200
  • sbs9sbs9 Member Posts: 7
    Depends on where you are and what your tax rate is.

I'm shopping for basically the same Altima SL (MSRP 28k +/-) and here in Pittsburgh the best price I've gotten is $25.6k before incentives and tax, which makes your deal look good.

A couple hours down the road in MD I can get it for $23.4k before incentives and tax, which makes your deal look not so good.

Shop around.
  • friday3pmfriday3pm Member Posts: 2
    Thx

I bought that car cuz I bet the price I got is the best.
    The dealer I bought a car from is in IL and tax rate is 6.25%.
    Before incentives and tax, the car price I got is $24,947.
    I bet you better drive 2hrs down and get that babe and hope this could help you :)
    I am about to buy a Nissan Altima 2.5S with the 20th Anniversary package for $20,500 (plus NY taxes and NY DMV fees = $22,627). I will also get the 0% financing (could get it for $1,500 less if I go with a different financing option and get the $1,500 cash back).

What do you think?
  • livindol2012livindol2012 Member Posts: 5
    You should go to truecar.com. You can find out the lowest selling cost of the car near you. I got a 2.5SL for $25 OTD
  • walletlesswalletless Member Posts: 40
    $1500 is a lot of money. Do you think you will save that much in financing with them vs. what you can get at other places? If you have good credit history, Penfed offers 1.99% and PSECU has 1.49% APR. How much are they offering through Nissan NMAC?
    Well at this point I am approved by Capital One at 4.17% (which is pretty high). I am not a member of any credit union and do not qualify for any (don't work for the right companies, make more in salary than the amounts required, etc). As such, my savings would be over $1,500. I will, however, look to see what standard financing they also provide beyond the 0% and perhaps their standard APR is also low enough to make getting the $1,500 a good idea.

As a price though, is this good? It is about $770 less than the lowest I got at Truecar. I arrived at this price after combining truecar.com with the fax attack method and got dealers to bid against each other via phone. It seems that my final low price is at $20,400 + taxes and DMV fees (total of about $22,517 out the door).

Is that good for an Altima 2.5S with the 20th Anniversary package in NY?
    Well I think you can certainly get a better deal.

I got 2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S with anniv edition in San Antonio, Texas out of door for $20500.

It also has Carpeted floor mats + Aluminum kick plates + Splash Guards + 0% APR + 0 down payment + $500 Grad discount.

Here is the break down
    $19000 + 1448(TT&L)

If you don't add 500 Grad discount, it should come to $21000 out of door.

Hope this helps.
    I get that, but that's in San Antonio, TX. How about in NY or NJ?
  • irus_x5irus_x5 Member Posts: 15
    Hi, looking for a quick price confirmation. I am getting the altima s with no additional packages for 17K cash price + TTL. If I take the 0% financing then I will have to pay an additional 1.5K. Please let me know if this sounds reasonable.
  • justin84justin84 Member Posts: 2
    According to leaseguide.com this is an excellent deal, but you tell me...
    2012 Altima coupe 2.5 automatic, convenience, premium & leather packages.
    MSRP 30,555
    Selling Price $27,280
    Bank fee $595
    Cap cost reduction $500
    Adj cap cost $29,244
    Money Factor .00073
    Residual $16,194
    Due at signing $500
    Payment (pre-tax) $367.79
    39 month/15k year lease
  • skins2357skins2357 Member Posts: 6
    hey everyone...new poster here looking to buy a new car. Right now my top 3 are between the Altima, Subaru Legacy or Kia Optima. Im leaning towards the Altima though just based on price alone. I was wondering if ppl could tell me if they were happy with their Altimas? Everything I have read online seems that ppl love them, you guys seem like a pretty informed group so I was wondering if ppl could help me out.

Also I found this deal being advertised on a website, and it seems like a CRAZY deal:

MSRP$21,855.00
    Internet Price$16,058.00
    You Save:$5,797.00
    ePrice: Click Here
    Drivetrain: 4 door Variable 2.5L 4 cyl.
    Mileage: 0
    Exterior Color: Super Black
    Interior Color:
    Vin: 1N4AL2AP0CN492674

http://www.herbgordonnissan.net/new-cars/2012-nissan-altima-4dr-sdn-i4-cvt-2-5-v- 888720/

Seems to be a pretty awesome deal and Im thinking I should jump on it....what is the consensus here? Thanks for the help everyone!
    Price looks amazing, but I am concerned about this line: "Your only additional costs are sales tax, processing fee, destination charge, and MVA tag and title fees for the state in which the vehicle will be registered". Can you check what the processing fee is for, and how much. The other fees (tax, destination, title/tag) are fine - you cannot generally escape that. Here in CA, we are charged Documentation fee upto $50 - if the processing fee seems reasonable, you may be fine. Inquire what your final "out of door" price will be.

Also, realize that this is an absolute base model with no stereo/radio.

I own an Altima 2.5S (one trim higher than this - includes radio and mp3), and so far I have been loving it. When I did my research, most people dis-liked the CVT. I suggest you see if there is a rental company close by who has Altima - rent it for a day or so, drive around town, and see if you like it. I did, and I bought the Altima.
    Price looks amazing, but I am concerned about this line: "Your only additional costs are sales tax, processing fee, destination charge, and MVA tag and title fees for the state in which the vehicle will be registered". Can you check what the processing fee is for, and how much. The other fees (tax, destination - generally around $750, title/tag) are fine - you cannot generally escape that. Here in CA, we are charged Documentation fee upto $50 - if the processing fee seems reasonable, you may be fine. Inquire what your final "out of door" price will be.

Also, realize that this is an absolute base model with no stereo/radio.

I own an Altima 2.5S (one trim higher than this - includes radio and mp3), and so far I have been loving it. When I did my research, most people dis-liked the CVT. I suggest you see if there is a rental company close by who has Altima - rent it for a day or so, drive around town, and see if you like it. I did, and I bought the Altima.
    This is the info I got from the dealer. What do u think?

$ 21,855.00 MSRP
    $ 16,058.00 Special Internet Purchase Price*
    + $780.00 Nissan Destination Fee
    + $ 199.00 Dealer Processing Fee

Other Nissan dealers don't always include the Destination fee in their quotes. We like to keep our
    quotes completely transparent with no hidden fees. Dealer processing fee is regulated in Maryland at
    no more than $200.00 but in Virginia, it is not regulated and dealers can charge as much as $500.00.
  • ghostrider10ghostrider10 Member Posts: 1
    Deal looks good.. If you dont mind could you please let me know the dealer..
    I am trying to buy one and lowest quote i got is around 20500.
    Dealer is Herb Gordon in Silver Spring MD. It is a 2.5 with minimal options, but I figure I can buy a nice sound system at Best Buy, the rest of the necessities on the car are there for me (power windows, Power Locks, AC). It does not have the options of a 2.5S, but to be honest alot of those option are not worth it to me
  • robinoc1robinoc1 Member Posts: 1
    The reason I picked the 2.5S Altima over the Accord, Mazda6, and Camry was the better legroom (I'm 6'3"), wonderful CVT transmission (I've always owned manual tranny's because I hate the jerking that an auto does), and its better performance. During the test drive I took the freeway onramp, which had a good climb to it, and when I barely hit the gas I was pressed back into my seat.

In fact I liked the Altima MORE after owning it 3 years, never had that happen with any other car, SUV or truck I've owned. So when my lease ended I started the search process all over again, and still went with the Altima this time with the 20th Anniversary package.

Wonderful car, will probably get another in three years.
    edited February 2012
    Hey everyone, so here are my 3 offers for carshopping over the weekend...let me know what you guys think. I really negotiated hard, and thus far these are the best offers I have gotten, for 3 different models.

2.5 BASE (no radio, minimal options) - $18,800 OTD (including all fees + 6% tax) using Nissan Finance (3.99 I think ?) with $0 down

2.5 S - $21000 OTD (including all fees + 6% tax) using 0% Finance with $0 down

2.5S 20th Anny Package - $23,000 OTD(including all fees + 6% tax) using 0% Finance with $1,000 down

Like I said, I negotiated hard, but cant tell if these are good deals based on what everyone else has paid. What do all of you guys think? Thanks for the input!!!
  • brucelee82brucelee82 Member Posts: 1
    between 2.5S and 2.5 20th edt shouldnt it be only 900 dollar difference? the nissan website show 1500 option reduced to 900 dollars. maybe im wrong....
  • 1erazer1erazer Member Posts: 1
    newer cars use newer(untested) tech usually getting better mpg and hp to boot, so if I find a reck with low mileage it seems like it would be more cost efffective in stead of/ engine, trans, and axle rebuild.
  • quickyquickquickyquick Member Posts: 1
    Cfundo -

Did you actually get the car for this price? I've been making this same exact offer at several dealerships with no luck. If you bought the car, can you please let me know what dealer in NY you bought it from? Thanks!
  • djnephdjneph Member Posts: 16
    Hey Everyone,

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this posted, but hope the info helps someone. I purchased the following Altima for $20,977 + TTL. Here is the breakdown. This was in Austin, TX.

2012 Altima 2.5S
    Conv. Package
    Conv. Package Plus
    Premium Audio Package
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    Tints
    Protection Package (*all vehicles come with at this dealer)
    Nitrogen in Tires (*all vehicles come with this at this dealer)

MSRP: $27,140
    Selling Price (before rebates): $23,727
    Rebate 1 - $1500
    Rebate 2 - $750 (NMAC finance at standard rate 3.49)
    Rebate 3 - $500 MLK Holiday
    Selling Price (with rebates): $20,977 + Tax, Title, and License fees

The only other non state tax or license fee was a $149.00 Doc Fee.
  • cynoidcynoid Member Posts: 1
    Hello, i stumbled upon this site with google. Im not actually in TX, in fact im in ohio but iwith the offer i got it seems like it would be better to drive to texas and get an altima there, is this correct?
    my offer:
    2012 Nissan Altima 2.5 S
    Stock#: NCC1153
    Engine: 2.5L 4 cyls
    Body Style: Coupe
    MSRP $25,450
    My Price: $21,026
    I wouldnt be getting any 0%apr like others have gotten either.

Is my offer just bad?
  • lj827lj827 Member Posts: 1
    edited February 2012
    Just bought 2012 Altima 2.5S

very basic option (No packages)+Carpeted Floor and Trunk Mats ($180) Total msrp $23670 (Freight fee of $780 included)

Total OTD price after the negotiation : $21850 (include freight fee $780,tax 3%,processing fee $349,licence and tag fee $200)

After the rebates (which includes $1500 (altima)+$500(resent grad)+$400(president day special)+$750(Standard apr with Nissan)= $3150

My total OTD price: $18700, Invoice price :$22,216 $3516 below invoice price.
    Msrp price :$23,670 $4970 below msrp price.

Total savings: bout $7000

The salesperson told us we literary stole the car. I left the dealership with big smile :)

Didn't take 0% special or 1.9% because we paid bout 50% upfront and got a good apr % Nissan can offer for 48months (bout $200 per month).

If u guys need or wanna know more about my deal, please let me know.
  • tim_arcandtim_arcand Member Posts: 7
    What did you show for your grad discount?
    What did you show for your grad discount?
    I just showed them my degree. Actually Nissan do a degree verification before giving you the discount.

Hope this helps
    Are you guessing or you know for fact?
  • absolutgtabsolutgt Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone, this is a GREAT forum. As all of you I am trying to get the best deal for my wife and currently have 3 dealers throwing everything at me.

The first dealer we went to this past Saturday was local and we were there about 4 hours trying to hammer out a deal....it was a bust so we left. I then went on true car and from there it has been a crazy day with three dealers trying to earn my business.

I would like to see what everyone thinks, because I kinda feel one of the deals is too good to be true and it's also the farthest away but at the same time a way bigger dealer ship in a heavy metro area.

The car with options is:
    2012 Nissan Altima 2.5s
    convience package
    conveience plus package
    dark slate with frost interior

Local deal is

Retail : 25,975.00
    Savings: 3,350.14
    Selling Price : 22,624.86
    Rebate: 750.00
    Sub total: 21,874.86
    Fees: 725.50
    Sales Tax: 1,399.64
    Net Sales: 24,000

we are putting down $4000, and financing $20,000 @ 0% interest.
    -We originally spent 4 hours in this dealership and they were not willing to even come this close until I contact 2 other dealers who were willing to negotiate.

The two other dealers have been hitting me hard all day, but both originally gave us the current price you see before the local dealer finally called and said that they would do it.

I already informed them that 2 other dealers have given me what I wanted without burning 4 hours of my time, and they said they would split the cost of the fog lights to make the deal better and free oil changes and tire rotations for as long as we own the car.

The furthest dealer came back and just offered up

Net sales price: $23,300
    minus the $4000 down to $19,300 @ 0 %, plus moon roof deflector and foglights free of charge, and they will fill up the tank of whatever we drive to go get their car.

is this price too good to be true? because both the other dealers are telling me that it's impossible they are selling that far below invoice and that I'm going to get hit with all sorts of crazy fees once we make the drive.
    Just leased Fully Loaded 2012 Altima SL
    MRSP - 31610
    Includes: Convenience Package, Convenience Plus Package, Premium Audio, Technology Package, Splash Guards, Rear Spoiler, Fog Lights, Aluminum Kick Plates, Trunk Sub Floor Organizer, Floor Mats.

Rebates - $850(lease rebate) +$500(new grad)

24 month 12k lease for 300 per month(includes all MN tax+ fees). Yes, first payment and full tank gas on them.

I would like to thanks Edmunds and Car_man for the great site and forum.
    Truecar was excellent help too.

Let me know if anyone is looking for any details on this. I will be glad to help.
  • sdmy123sdmy123 Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I bought this week 2012 Altima Base model (Auto) with floor mats/SplashGuard, Paint/sealant fabric guard package with 2yrs free maintenance with Nitro fill tires for 16000 (out the door) (Sales tax not included). Is this a good price?

Thanks
  • skyfan1skyfan1 Member Posts: 37
    I have had my 2010 Altima for about 20 months and loved every minute of it. It is a joy to drive and extremely comfortable. My only two minor complaints are: 22.3 mpg for city driving and high pitched sound during highway driving, especially during acceleration. With these two minor complaints, I am enthusiastic and happy about my Altima, so far.
  • sss11sss11 Member Posts: 1
    Hey,

which dealer was this? It seems like a pretty good deal. Congratz on ur purchase!
  • steveaspesisteveaspesi Member Posts: 46
    Premier Nissan of San Jose - it said "one day only" but you know how that goes - it often shows up a week later.

new 2012 Altima 2.5S sedan automatic $17,588
    here's the breakdown of the discounts:

dealer discount: $3,977
    factory rebate: $1,500
    NMAC Cash: $ 750
    College grad rbt $ 500

3 at this price: this tells me that there is over $6,000 you can take off MSRP - if you know how to negotiate. Any dealer who values high volume would likely do this at the end of the month.
    By searching dealer inventory and arming yourself with this, I don't see why anyone couldn't find the exact car they want, get on the phone with the internet sales manager and get this deal. Just be certain of what you want and let them know you're serious and ready.

no one wants to throw out an aggressive price to someone just kicking the tires - but they will if they think you're ready to buy and are willing to go to another dealer who you've already contacted.

I have no reservations being cut throat with car salesmen - there are endless stories on these boards of people being taken advantage of. I love hearing the stories of people who driver a bargain and hearing the lame exit line from the salesman "you stole this car" - give me a break.

The Altima is going to be revised later this year and it means you should be driving a hard bargain for the tail end of the out going model.
  • jsquared83jsquared83 Member Posts: 3
    Hi everyone,

I've narrowed my car choices down to the Altima and have heard there are some great deals available for the 2012s due to March being the end of Nissan's fiscal year. I've made some phone calls and emails just to test to waters, however, what kind of numbers should I be expecting when I get ready to pull the trigger? The car I built is about $24,200 MSRP. Also, if anyone is from Northern/Central NJ, which dealers are the best/worst to do business with?

Thanks!
    I think you should be able to take $6k off MSRP as long as you aren't fixed on a particualr car that is only available on one lot. Find it on two or three lots using the internet and then play all three against one another.
  • me4altimame4altima Member Posts: 2
    I have also nailed down my choice to an Altima 2.5s w/20th anniversary package and am also planning to add the 2.5S Premium Audio package. Do you know what is the best price to pay in Edison Area in NJ.
    I was quoted $5500 off from one local dealer, expiring on 3/31 however it might be a whole bunch of rebates that you need to qualify for in order to get the full amount. $5500 would be pretty nice though. Slightly off topic, does anyone know if Nissan offers any kind of military incentives/discounts?
    if you were quoted $5,500 off without having to stand on your head, then waiting till the end of the month and identifying two or more dealers in your area with the car you want will definitely make $6k off or more doable.

before you head off to the dealer with cash in hand, make sure you get an OTD price that spells out all the fees and and make sure they aren't including rebates that you may or may not qualify for (get the breakdown in an e-mail and come well before closing so you can threaten to walk to the other dealer). The rules to these rebates are totally flexible to the dealer - there's no way they send a copy of your degree into someone who validates the thing - it's BS really.
  • zfoxzfox Member Posts: 3
    Should i take this deal??

2012 Altima 2.5S with value package (bluetooth, fog lights, rear spoiler, rearview mirror dimmer and steering wheel controls). 39 months and 18K miles per year. I needed the extra miles.

Monthly payment: $309 per month. I only paid DMV and first month upfront.
    with zero down and the added miles it sounds pretty good.

what's the residual or cap. cost?
    I'm definitely waiting till the end of the month and about 4-5 local dealers. If they're all blowing smoke, I have no problem travelling a little to get the right deal.
    The biggest trap most fall into, is wanting that one car and falling in love with it. The dealer can see that look in your eye and feel your excitement. If you can't leave your emotional side behind, it will hurt your ability to negotiate.

be flexible, be prepared to leave. Being buddies with the salesperson isn't going to get you very far.

Most people only think they're good at negotiating. Using a broker and allowing him to make a couple hundred on the deal works well for those who truely know they're not up for the grind that takes place with the sales process.