Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jaycha2jaycha2 Member Posts: 40
    edited August 2012
    Being offered a price of 26754 +ttl on a 2.5SL 2013 model. It comes with mats, exterior light, some kind of paint protection. IS this a good deal.
    Your opinion will be appreciated -Jay
  • altimaguy24altimaguy24 Member Posts: 4
    On a 2.5 (base model) I was offered 2 deals.

24months/$240 month/ 12kmiles yr/ 1700 out of pocket

39 months/$235/12kmiles yr/2000 out of pocket

What do you feel about this deal
  • growing_creditgrowing_credit Member Posts: 26
    That looks like great price. Where are you located?
  • belwah87belwah87 Member Posts: 23
    edited August 2012
    That seems like a pretty good price, but I'm not sure where you're located-- does it include dealer processing fee? In the DC area, I got an SL with floor mats and splash guards for 25616+$389 dealer processing fee+TTL, so that's 26005 +ttl (the 26005 includes processing fee and destination). Fitzmall In PA is offering the SL with mats and ground lighting (no-haggle price) for $26530 + $120 processing fee +TTL.
    In LA using Truecar you can apparently get a no-haggle price of $26,628+TTL and maybe +dealer fee ( http://www.truecar.com/prices-new/nissan/altima-pricing/2013/BA284968/ ), but I assume that's the SL without any options.

In Tampa (Zip code 33605) TrueCar currently shows 2.5 SL no-haggle pricing of $26,171 + TTL (don't know if dealer processing fee is included in that, I suspect not)

Also, I wish I'd known before I purchased, but on some pages of the Edmunds website there's a clickable ad to get a $500 Visa Cash card from Edmunds/Nissan if you purchase a new Altima within 30 days after clicking the link and getting the confirming email...so that can get you an additional $500. I don't know how long that ad has been on this website or when it will expire. Someone on the Altima leasing forum posted about that offer, and I was able to find it on either the Camry or Accord page on Edmunds, but I can't get the $500 bonus cash because I bought my Altima before clicking on the ad.

Good luck. I spent a lot of time with multiple dealers getting them to underbid each other via email to get the price I got, and only one dealer was willing to go that low...the next lowest offer I had was $26,000+$200 dealer fee +TTL.
    I. Am located in Jacksonville, fl.basically I am getting mats, exterior safety light and some more mats (I didn't really care about the mats). He also removed charges for some protection paint, wheel locks and nitro. The price excludes dealer fee of 400.00
  • mattinycmattinyc Member Posts: 6
    I spoke with my dealer in Long Island, the SL Techs are starting to come in. Not in the color combo I wanted but they seem to be getting stock in. Not soon enough!
    Same here in NJ .I saw couple of dealers having few SL with tech's listed on their website with VIN and Stock #.
  • miapoppymiapoppy Member Posts: 15
    Bad Deal. Honda & toyota have much better leases. Don't do 24 month lease, do 36 month. Example Honda civic 36mo, 12,000 miles yr. $2000.00 down with 1st month payment included, $169.00 month. This is upstate NY an accord will be a little more a month, no BS.
    Thanks for the great tip! belwah!just took possession of storm blue with charcoal int. before ttl it was 26754. It included the standard mats ,cargo net, tint, theft protection ( Etched codes),and protection package and of course ext lights. My kids love the car
  • roxxiroxxi Member Posts: 9
    hey, i'm looking to purchase a new vehicle and my current one is a 2006 honda civic coupe with 36k miles on it.

i am surprised that they offered you that little for a trade in. on kbb.com it is showing the civic for over 10k for trade in price.

is there are reason why they offered you so little?
    let me know please. thanks.
    Hi Roxxi,

A, it was a 5 speed and B, because they are cheapo's and want to make as much profit as they can! I showed it to a few dealers, used car dealers etc, Nissan was the lowest at 4K and the highest was a small used car dealer down the road from me. I ended up selling it to a friend for 8250. I didn't want to bother with the hassle of privately selling it. Now I'm waiting for my 2.5 SL!
  • seolbroseolbro Member Posts: 19
    I saw a 2013 Altima in a rental lot at O'Hare Airport last week. Initially surprised, but later not so much when I recall how many of Altimas of the prior generation were bought by Hertz, National, Alamo, etc.
    Hi guys,

I just got a quote for a 2013 2.5S with remote start, splash guards and carpeted floor mats for $21918 before Tax/title/registration/other fees.

is this a good deal? or can i do better?

$20,500 is do-able, plus through edmonds a $500.00 visa card. Good Luck
  • dbluesdblues Member Posts: 6
    I went to couple dealers in MD and negotiated and one dealer came close to $27,400 OTD and another dealer beats by $27,000 but the car i needed have 140 miles and said NO.

How do guys think about this price, intially I showed this forum with guy posted from N. Virginia with 26,900 OTD and then they agreed to this price (because VA tax only 3% and MD tax is 6%).

Also how to get $500 visa car.

please advice.
    got my SL Tech yesterday! Car is SWEET! I'm going to drive it like a cabby this weekend!
    Hey roxxi I got an interest in you now, so let me know how you made out. I'm rooten for you!
    Congrats and Enjoy your new ride

How much did you pay for it? I am expecting mine next week
    Just purchased a 2013 2.5S for 21500 + tax/title/reg today!

included remote start, splash guards and carpeted mats.

I think we could have gotten a better deal but we needed the car within a week and figured why not. hard driving all around town with a 8 month old baby, test driving and negotiating prices.

should we purchase the extended warranty? any thoughts on that anyone?

thanks in advance! hope everybody has a great labor day weekend!
    I'm leasing with option to buy. 2K down, 400 due at signing which included first payment and DMV stuff. 345$ a month for the 2.5SL with Tech package with mats including the trunk one. Hope I got a good deal! I'm going back to get the mud flaps, crap will kick up on the car w/o it. So far I think this car outdoes the G25 I test drove last year.
  • oliveshyoliveshy Member Posts: 1
    $23,680 OTD in Austin, TX. How did I do?
    Great deal! Could you please help us by breaking your (OTD) out the door price down by telling us how much was tax and how much for other fees. This way we will then know what your bottom line price was. Thank You, because this will help us all a lot.
  • paf1945paf1945 Member Posts: 1
    The 2.5 SL Altima with tech package, spash guards, body side moulding, floor mats--quoted a price of $28,000 plus tax and dealer paperwork ($184.50)--do you think this is a good deal? I live in southwestern PA. Also, does it bother anyone that maintenance schedule for Altima is oil change @ 3,750. I currently have a Honda Accord and only need to take it for servicing @ 7,500. I like my Honda but need to purchase a car within the next two weeks and the 2013 Honda Accord isn't availale. Appreciate any respones--thanks
    Hello,

WHat could be a good price for this demo model with 700 miles on it? The dealer near my home is ready to provide me with complimentary maintenance also as courtesy since my pre-order has been delayed again till mid to end of october.

I've some expense in my old car that I need to get rid off before it dies so I think I can accept dealers offer (if he can provide me with decent pricing) just not sure what could be decent. I am in NJ
    It's kind of hard not knowing what the MSRP is. But I'm going to figure the price of mats and splash guards. With 700 miles on it I got a feeling it's more than a demo so let them show you carfax. Anyway no more than $25,991.00 but if it was registered, it now becomes a used car. Good Luck
    As per him what he told me upfront is this car was never registered and I would be the first owner.

The MSRP price is around 31000 since it has side moldings, splash guards, floor mates with trunk mates, external lightings.

The only reason I am desperate is he has agreed to pay 1000 for my car which is on market for more than 2 months now and noone is ready to even talk about the price after seeing the pics (due to external damage). And if this car fails than I would not have negotiation power as I would be in dire need of a car.

What could be fair price?
    If your sure it hasn't been registered (get it in writing) I stand by $25,991.00 and the price of your trade included. Good Luck and keep us informed.
    Thanks to the forum I was able to receive the $500 rebate card from Nissan/Edmunds. I purchased my Altima 2012 in August .
  • bobcarsbobcars Member Posts: 3
    I am looking to buy a 2013 nissan altima. does anyone know how to get the edmund 500 rebate card? thanks
  • swupikswupik Member Posts: 1
    Hey, I am from the bay area as well, and looking to get the Altima 2013 2.5S.
    So far the best I got is 21000$.
    Can you please share what dealerships gave those offers? (the 20200 and the 20500).

Thanks!
    Alex.
  • 4chn84chn8 Member Posts: 1
    For what it is worth, fitzmall is showing a 2.5 SL with tech, mats and splash guards (no molding) for 27,208 + 129 doc fee
  • mazda6dudemazda6dude Member Posts: 283
    Several weeks ago Dublin Nissan had couple of new 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5S on ad during weekends for $19,988 plus fees. This is the lowest price I have seen for new 2013 2.5S. Hope this helps.
  • hossiberthossibert Member Posts: 4
    Got the follwoing quote for the 2013 2.5SV with nav, convenience + external lighting ( as aftermarket):
    List price: $ 27150
    Discount: $ 3215 ( VPP )
    Aftermarkets: $ 399
    Total Purchase: $ 24334 ( incl. Ext. lighting of 399 as aftermarket )
    Admin Fee: $ 699
    State + Local taxes ( live in SC, but offer from NC dealer ): $ 300
    Title + License fees: $ 595
    3 year/36K maintenance: $ 489

Total OTD: $ 26417

Am planning to lease for 36 months with first rate of $ 345 as down payment for $ 345 per month; residual is 59% with a buy out of $ 15933 and a rate of 0.00149

Have to say they are giving me good money for my 09 Cube with 47K miles ( $ 10500 ), which is what I still owe on it, so this will be a wash for me. I think, I can get them to waive the maintenance and the downpayment. Then I still have a 500 $ voucher/coupon from them, where I am not surem if they will still accept them - at least it would give me a 20$ walmart gift card :) i just read about the $500 Visa Gift card and checked the saab.com webpage but could not find it there, so I would be very interested in where I could get that as well.

Would be very thankful, if you can let me know, if this is a good deal, since I want to pull the trigger soon.

Thanks a lot !!!
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Please note that the sponsors of these offers do not allow Edmunds to publish any specific details about how or when they become available.

For more information, please see this FAQ:

http://support.edmunds.com/faq-Special-Offers-for-Edmunds-Shoppers-Rebates-83199- .aspx
  • ahossa1ahossa1 Member Posts: 52
    I signed up for this offer and it expired on 9/20/2012. I tried to sign up again but it wouldn't allow. me. Can You tell me how can I go about taking advantage of this offer?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    Please note that the sponsors of these offers do not allow Edmunds to publish any specific details about how or when they become available.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

edited October 2012
    Finally my search is ended yesterday, I bought 2013 2.5SL with Tech package for $28,000 OTD which includes Tax (in MD 6% tax) and didn't trade any car. Title and Tag. If anyone need dealer name, let me know. I took the numbers from here and negotiated even before stepping in to the showroom and after all confirmation with stock and Vin#, I went and bought the car which has only 12 miles.
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    What is the sale price, after removing the title/tag/other fees and the 6% taxes ? Were there any manufacturer incentives? I think this is the lowest price I have seen until now for the 2013 SL model.
    Congradulation! Please help us by breaking the price down. If you can do this by excluding Tax, title and registration. Also if their were any options or incentives. Thank You because it can help many of us who use this board.
    edited October 2012
    2013 2.5SL with Tech Package with mats, ground lighting,splash guards.
    MSRP = 30,510
    ( base price 28050+mats 185+GL 260+spl guards 145+ tech pkg 1090+marketing fee)
    Discount = -4550
    -----------------------
    25960+200(dealer processing fee)+272(tag&title)+6%tax =28000

I started negotiating OTD price. Still I strongly believe if I bargained more, I would gave got for 27,500 OTD, so negotiate for that price.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
  • whatcar2buywhatcar2buy Member Posts: 35
    According to Edmunds, the invoice for the 2013 2.5 SL Tech with the accessories you specified is 27,829. Your sale price was $1869 below invoice! Even if I put on my skeptic hat on and say that the $200 dealer fee should be included in this calculation, $1669 below invoice is an unbelievable price for the 2013 model now. I don't know if you could have done 27.5k

I am assuming this does not include any manufacturer incentives.
    I got the 2.5 SL without tech for $1000 under invoice in early August in Northern Virginia, within a few weeks of the car's debut. I believe him -- he's buying 2 months later.
    Has anyone purchased a car from Cowels or Rosenthals Nissan Virginia? I can't seem to pin them down to a price because they won't come clean with all their fees. Can anyone break down an actual purchase from them? Thank You
    I remember your post, that time I took your post and negotiated for $27000 but then I found out that tech was only $1K above, waited and negotiated for $28K and bought it and I got benefited from your post and I hope others benefit from my post. Initially dealers teased and tried to sell demo but I waited and ignored to get this deal. Good luck.
    It's hard to get Rosenthal to give a good OTD price. I found Brown's Fairfax Nissan to be very straightforward to deal with. :)
  • meastmeast Member Posts: 2
    dblues, could you please tell me which dealership in MD you purchased from? Also, what was the first name of the salesman that you dealt with?

Thanks!
  • iugrad10iugrad10 Member Posts: 5
    edited October 2012
    Has anyone financed a 2013 Altima 2.5S through Nissan Motor Finance? If yes, please share APR rate with your fico score (average, good, excellent etc).

Is $20775 a good price (before tax and $149 fees) for a 2013 Altima 2.5S with splash guards and floor mats? I don't have more room to negotiate down.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Their sale prices usually do not include destination(freight) charges so you need to add $780.00 to the sales price. Then, consider your mileage limit is 15,000 and not 12,000 miles. It sounds like you're requesting a zero down lease? If so then you have to roll in the other costs(tax/title/tag/doc) when calculating your lease. That means your actual leased amount is higher. Especially if they are throwing in a high document fee. All this could put your lease amount back up $29,000.00 or possibly $30,000.00. Right now there is no real lease support for the 2.5 SL model.

Given all of this to be true......then the lease rate quoted to you makes sense. It sounds like you're trying for the 2.5 SL model with Technology Package? Your capitalized cost & leased amount checks out. However, you could of done slightly better.....Fitz Mall is showing $26,704.00 OTD plus tax/tag/title and doc fee of $129.00. I say slightly better because the Fitz Mall price includes destination/freight and they charge a low doc fee.

My suggestion would be to restart the negotiation with a couple different dealers and talk OTD and not sales price up front. Someone else posting on here noted he got $25,960.00 OTD on a 2.5 SL with Nav.
  • ajr1775ajr1775 Member Posts: 33
    Best published price I've found thus far on the net by Fitz Auto Mall for a 2013 Altima 2.5 SL with Technology Package.

Internet Price(Delivered Price): $26,704.00 (includes destination/freight of $780.00)
    Value Price: $27,199.00
    Invoice Price: $28,099.00
    MSRP: $30,510.00
    Style: 4dr Sdn I4 2.5 SL

The Delivered Prices include manufacturer rebates and incentives, including customer satisfaction, available to all consumers. You may qualify for additional rebates and incentives such as college graduate, military or owner loyalty.

-This is a New vehicle located in the state of Pennsylvania.
    -Price Does NOT Include Tax, Tags, Title, Documentary Fee of $129.
  • mikers1981mikers1981 Member Posts: 17
    Ok so what is the lease amount for the fitz mall price ??? Using the money factor/residuals and 15,000 miles. The GM did call me back and was very mad, at his manager, and apologetic towards me. His final offer of 0 down, 39 months, 15k was $404 a month. I wanted him to come closer to the 365 I'm paying now for my max. I'll have to wait for the rates to come down.