Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

1626364656668»

Comments

• visagrevisagre Member Posts: 1
    Did you buy this car at this price? Please let me know as I am also in the market for the similar specs car.
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    This is my price, in Houston:
    msrp: $26,100
    tax: 6.25%
    accessories: illm.kick plate & ext. lighting
    OTD: 24,000 0% finance for 36 mos.

I thought I did okay; was not too happy with the deal. My purchase was kind of hasty since it was a surprise gift for my sister. I could have gotten a better deal...what do you guys think?
  • legolas1234legolas1234 Member Posts: 1
    I got the $1000 rebate for financing with NMAC. Has anyone had problems getting NMAC rebate and paying off the loan within days/weeks after purchase? I could not find any restrictions in my paperwork, but the finance guy in the dealership was scaring me that NMAC will clawback the rebate if I pay the loan off "too soon."
  • denise55denise55 Member Posts: 2
    ......going Sunday to pick my baby up !!.....Pearl White 3.5 SL w/ tech. and ground lights......28,753.00 OTD price !!......got financed thru Nissan for 1.9 % for the extra 1000 off.....I have to make a 3 1/2 hr. drive to the dealer, as NONE of my local dealers could give me better than 31,000.00 OTD.......
  • neptune00neptune00 Member Posts: 16
    Could you give more details, name of dealer, etc. Looking for exact car, live in NY but go to fort myers often. Maybe it is worth looking into to. Thank You
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,948
    We did this back in '09 when we purchased our daughters Versa SL hatch and had no problems what so ever...paid off the loan within a week and a half. They are just trying to scare ya here in my opinion...I know in our case, nothing happened except we had to pay some interest but hey, to get the rebate it was definitely the right move at the time.

Hope this helps.

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• denise55denise55 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer is Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland Florida....Ted Payne is my salesman....worked with me to get the best price, none of my local dealers could believe it, or beat it. It`s a 3 1/2 hr. drive for me, but well worth it for the savings.
  • micgnmicgn Member Posts: 1
    Can you give the name of the dealer you bought your Altima please? Thanks. I am looking for a new Altima within two weeks, and your price is the best I have seen so far.
  • ab0785ab0785 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to pick up a new Altima - the lease on my current Altima matures in August (2010 2.5 w/convenience +tech).

Dealer gave me a price for a 2.5SL $315/mo, $0down + taxes.
    36 or 39mo 12kmiles/year
    This includes 500 loyalty, 500 nmac, 375 nmac.
    Disposition fee waived, 500 damage allowance, bank fee/acquisition waived.
    All remaining payments on current vehicle are waived.
    Only DMV fees and first month at signing.

Also will be able to take advantage of additional $500 for college grad program.
    And he stated for navi/tech package it will be about another $15/month.

Altogether, including the college grad cash my calculations come out to be $300/mo w/out tech and $315 w/tech plus taxes.

This quote he gave me at the end of March - I told him I'll wait since I had time- dealer called me back in April and said that he could beat that price by another $10 for the month of April.

My hesitance is whether or not to wait until May where Memorial day may offer an extra incentive. Their current incentives (500+500+375) are set to expire in April, and although they usually do renew these incentives, there's no guarantee - do I go ahead and aim to get it this month or take the risk and wait to see what May has to offer?? I do have time on my side, but I'm not looking to push this much further.

If necessary - the numbers he had were:
    57% residual
    .00073 MF
    Negotiated cost 27816-1375.

(Off topic, but he was also offering 3.5SL for $332/mo $0down, same deal)

Thanks!
  • xadionxadion Member Posts: 4
    I bought my 2012 Quest from Jenkins, I live in pinellas and within 20minutes drive of... Crown, Autoway, Lokey and their Tampa locations also... and the dealers in bradington / sarasota... NONE of them would get to what Jenkins posted for all to see on their site.

I would say hit up their website- get an equote- that is what you will pay... no matter what I did I could not get them below what they proposed in the equote and on thier site... I am sure there is still some they could trim..

BUT considering in my exp buying my quest three close to me I fought for weeks over email and phone calls for 6k off MSRP and thats ALL they could do and every email I got had THIS IS THE PRICE NO NEGOTIATION WHEN YOU COME IN OR YOU CAN LOOSE THIS PRICE - bs... Jenkins boom 9k off MSRP on their website... built a little of a deal off my trade as it was in the green- but that was it.

I only say this as mentioned above for good prices in florida... and I was browseing this thread to see what I can expect for an Altima or Sentra for my wife... maybe a juke...

One thing I always try and get- even when the deal is cold and you are take it or leave it with whatever number is to try and get something from the "back room" part of the deals thrown in- I am far from Jenkins about 1.5hr so asking for 3 or 4 years of service is of no use- so I asked for tire/rim protection as that is generally offered... nope they dont offer that- nor did they offer any clues as what little things they do.. They offer Xylan or whatever paint protection as a sell up in the back room, as well as extended coverage as usual- so once your deal is at that stage, ask for them to throw in the paint protection stuff-- tis basicallay just your buying insurance for your paint- I got it because my van is Plat Graphite as was my Murano- and it was VERY suseptable to love bug pitting- you had to was that stuff QUICK- worse than any other color imo.

so all that to say... Jenkins - go online, get a equote that may be 100$ less than their advertised discounts.. take that to your local dealer have them beat it...if not...go to jenkins.
  • jones181jones181 Member Posts: 2
    I paid $23,100 OTD (6% Tax ~185 DMV fees) for an Altima SV. This was with VPP and included $500 from NMAC.

They gave me an awful rate at 4.99% but I just refinanced through my credit union @ under 2%.

What is the other $500 Nissan cashback you guys are taking about? Wish I knew about it before I made the purchase. :cry:
  • samalisamali Member Posts: 12
    Finally got my car. This was a long and time consuming search with multiple going back and forth between dealers. This is for 15k miles over 36 months

Here are the numbers!:
    Sticker Price:$24,460 MSRP) ---after dest charges = $25,860
    Agreed upon Value of Vehicle:$21,790+$595 acquisition fee
    Gross Capitalized Cost=$22,385

Downpayment (cash)= $500
    Trade in= $600 (old 96 accord w/ over 250k miles and unable to pass smog)
    Rebates and non cash creds=$375
    SUM TOTAL=$1,475 due at lease signing

Residual Vale=$15,092.20 or 59%.
    Total Monthly Payment (includes tax)=$225.73
    (--Bumping up to 15k miles a year brought up total monthly payment from $217 orig)

What do you all think? Could it have gotten better? The dealer said he was basically 'givin it away' as the last day of the month-and I established good rapport w/ the dealer. I'm happy I was patient because I was originally getting similar offers for the BASE Model!

Also free car washes (don't know how long this will hold up)
  • mpillaiusmpillaius Member Posts: 10
    sorry i was not looking at the messages for sometime. are you still looking for the salesmans name?
  • matlevmatlev Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2013
    Hello,

Yesterday I traded my 2010 Altima coupe 3.5SR for a 2013 Nissan Altima 4dr 2.5SV.
    The coupe had a payoff of $17,500, 36,000 miles and overall was in good condition. The lease on the coupe ends August 2013.

After a long negotiation process the deal on the new Altima I got is:

0 down.
    $350 a month (after CA tax) for 36 months. (35 payments)
    Residual Value: $15,006.00 (If I want to purchase the car after lease is over)
    Dealership appraised the coupe for 16,475.

More info:
    My credit score is 605 and I had a loyalty letter from NMAC. (I know its almost impossible to get a lease without normal credit)
    I graduated from collage within a 2 years and I had a 500 rebate. from NMAC.

Did I get a good deal?

I hope this helps others in their purchasing experience.
  • falejandrofalejandro Member Posts: 1
    Hey budd!, What was the interest they gave you on the New Altima? I am looking into it now. I want to go prepared to the dealership before I talk about numbers...
  • rick2456rick2456 Member Posts: 320
    Can I ask how long you had to wait before refinancing? I did the same thing you did, but they said I had to make at least 3 payments. Thanks.
  • jones181jones181 Member Posts: 2
    I waited 5 days. Look at your contract, you won't find anything about having to keep the loan for 3 months/payments. My interest rate was 4.99% so I refinanced to 1.49% with a credit union.
  • edison_njedison_nj Member Posts: 2
    MSRP: $31,325.00

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL, Technology/moonroof Package + Exterior Lights, Illuminated Kick plates, Car & Trunk Mats, Body Side molding, Splash Guards

OTD: $28,000.00 , Financed 28,000.00 from Nissan at 0.0% Interest rate for 36 Months ($777.78/month).

Price Breakdown:
    - Dealer selling price with incentives/rebates: 25,325.00
    - NJ Sales Tax (7%): 1772.75
    - Document Fees: 310.00
    - Title/Registration: 325.00
    - Total Loss Prevention + life time oil change/Tire rotation: $259.00 (Couldn't avoid it)
    - Some NJ tire surcharge: $8.25
    TOTAL: $28,000 OTD
  • jpjjajpjja Member Posts: 1
    I am interested in purchasing a 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 for my teenager. The most basic package available. Can anyone share with me what they paid for their 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5?
  • meg106meg106 Member Posts: 1
    Can you share the dealership name where you received the deal? Thanks
  • edison_njedison_nj Member Posts: 2
    Yes, it is Nissan Dealership on Rte 22, North Plainsfield, NJ
    Their website is: http://www.jerseynissan.com
    Sales Rep: Howard

I just walked in, asked for what I wanted and what I was interested in paying out the door ($28,000) with 0% APR financing from Nissan for 3 Yrs. Howard talked to his manager who came by and we shook hands and got the ball moving. No haggle, No hassle, very pleasant experience. No gimmicks by finance guy either, I just told him that I'm not going to be taking any additional service plans or gap insurances at this time, I just want to finance full $28000 at 0.0% APR for 3 yrs from Nissan (28000/36 month = $777.78/month).

They even sent a $19 and few cent check back few days ago as the actual price of title/registration for the car was less by that amount than they charged originally. So my actual OTD end up being $27980 and few cents.
  • vk2013vk2013 Member Posts: 1
    Bought 3.5SL
    +Tech Package
    + rear deck spoiler
    + external ground lightning

MSRP: $33,400
    OTD: $30,100
    Interest rate: 4.99%
    Dealer: Boardwalk Nissan, Redwood City, CA
  • samalisamali Member Posts: 12
    edited June 2013
    I still haven't got a reply or any input from anyone here, which makes me believe my deal wasn't all that great as the dealer claims....Plus carman is saying we shouldn't be paying more than 'mid to high hundreds'
    Is it possible I could have gotten this same deal w/o trading in or dropping the DP as well? The dealer still claims I had a "rare deal" that won't be often repeated. I'm very skeptical now.
  • rico59rico59 Member Posts: 2
    Just finalized deal with dealer in Pittsburgh area. Used truecar, Nissan CarMax in Baltimore and Jenkins in Florida as benchmarks. I think I did ok and dealer is 5 minutes from my house.

Got fully loaded 3.5SL with Tech, mats, mudguards, kickplates, moldings, ground lighting and spoiler. Had them throw in all-weather mats too (~$100).

MSRP: $33,830 (without all-weather mats)

Price after $500 rebate and before tax, tags: $29,343

Opted for only $500 rebate to get 0% financing for 60 months. Could have gotten another $500 with alternative financing.

Thanks to all for the info listed in the forum. Just wanted to post my results for everyone. Good Luck!
  • rico59rico59 Member Posts: 2
    *UPDATE*

Additional $500 rebate kicks in today from Nissan! Glad I held off on paperwork/delivery. Deal is now $28,843 with $1000 rebate and 0% financing.

As mentioned in first post, could get another $500 in rebate (total $1500) without the 0% financing.
  • g_1g_1 Member Posts: 1
    Got this quote for 2013 Altima 2.5 SL with nav and moonroof in Dallas,
    Can anyone help me if this is a good deal or not. How much should I ask.

MSRP $31,155
    Market saving -$3,275
    Rebate -$15,00

Sale Price $26,380

Tax (estimate) $1700
    TTL $120
    Doc $130

Total OTD $28,330

And based upon my credit, they are offering me 4.99% APR for 60 months with 3k down.

Can anyone tell me, where I should bargain, Sale Price or APR or both?
  • winpwinwinpwin Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    Just brought altima sl fully loaded at 28300 otd. Free oil changes. State inspection car wash and free nitrgen for life. Financed 0 percent 60 no money down no payments for 90 days. It was a hard btw accord and altima. Had a good deal on accord from dealer two hours away but local dealers would not meet the price nissan did here in va. Just saw dealer offering 0 for 72mo. I've only drven 10 miles hope mpg works out and no cvt problems earlier cars this year. Same with accord exl.
  • This is what I suggest you do. Be assertive in your negotiations. First of all, the savings that you normally get is $3,000 (Factory Incentive) off with 0% APR for top-tier credit holders (typically a FICO score of 750 or above) or $3,500 (Factory Incentive) off with 2.9% or 3.9% APR, depending on your loan term. The factory incentive is money that the dealership is directly receiving from the factory, and the dealership may or may not pass that off to its customers. For the dealership, it is like getting FREE money.

Next, there are four things that you could argue are unfair: destination charge, dealership processing fee (doc fee), dealership holdback, and sales tax. You might not be aware of this, but you can control two of those things: dealer doc fee and holdback. If you go to another dealership that has the same exact car you are looking for, chances are that the doc fee may be different. In some cases, it could be lower than the dealership you are currently shopping at.

Also, dealerships receive holdbacks, or "hidden incentives" from the manufacturers based on how quickly they can sell their cars from their lots to customers. You can definitely inquire the dealership what this amount is for the car and try to negotiate, even if the general manager says that you're getting the best possible deal on the car and that no money is to be made from the transaction. That being said -- stop for just a moment. Take a breather and absorb this information piece by piece. Now, before thinking you're getting a good deal, I need for you to do a few checks.

1. Look at your APR. I want you to first figure out why you're getting a 4.99% APR for a 60-month loan instead of 3.9%. Try to find out what your FICO score is and improve it before even applying for a loan. Otherwise, whatever loan you take out could be costing you thousands of dollars or more down the road. Do an inquiry of the Big 3 (Equifax, Experian, TransUnion) and see whether or not one or more reports may have errors on it if you, in fact, know that you have a good credit score overall.

2. Next, either put less or nothing down. I know you might be cautious of this advice, but your $3,000 down on a nearly 5%, 60-month loan is like putting an ice cube on a sidewalk on a hot day. You will lose all of it plus any additional savings you would have received by negotiating on the car's pre-tax price. It's better to get a lower APR and less or NO DOWN and save that money for college, a house, as part of an emergency fund, or anything else your family will need rather than giving the lender FREE money. Your focus should primarily be on being approved for a lower APR. (The same applies for any large loan).

3. Based on the previous statement above, you seem to be getting a good deal of savings and rebates. In fact, you should be normally getting a $3,500 total rebate instead of $4,775. I would be cautious if I was you. Normally, a car gets extra discounted when it's been sitting in the lot for too long, was damaged during transit or while being test driven, or it suffered from hail or flooding. All of these little but important details may be disclosed or undisclosed by the dealership. Now is your time to be skeptical. First, check the car's manufacturing date by looking next to the driver's door sill. Next, if you've narrowed down your list of cars and you're absolutely sure that this is the right car for your family's needs, then run a VIN check by going to a reputable site like carfax.com. Type in or copy and paste (if from a dealer website that already has the VIN for that particular car) the car's VIN. You may decide to purchase one of the packages for a full, detailed report. Make sure that the site offers a 100% money back guarantee just in case. (Also, make sure to conserve the number of VIN checks you use, since you only get a few at a time and the costs can quickly add up if you change your mind a lot about what dealership to visit for the best deal or decide to look for another car. Normally, this strategy would be beneficial right before sitting down with the general manager and going over the paperwork. Also, this should be between steps 4 and 5).

4. There is definitely room to negotiate even further. Try to say something like another dealership is offering you a lower pre-tax price, free one-year subscription to satellite navigation, lifetime oil changes, or a gas card. You need to have the dealerships compete for your business and not the other way around.

5. Let's summarize what you have versus what you could potentially negotiate towards (based on my estimates):

Take 1: Your Negotiations

Car (Year / Make / Model): 2013 Nissan Altima SL
    Options: Navigation Package, Moonroof
    MSRP: $31,155.00
    Sale Price: $27,880.00 ($3,275.00 instant savings)
    Qualifying Rebates: - $1,500.00
    TTL: $120.00
    Dealer Admin (Doc) Fee: $130.00
    Total Purchase Price (OTD): $28,826.98
    Down Payment: - $3,000.00
    Amount Financed: $29,236.20 (This is your TRUE loan amount)

Monthly Payment: $487.27

* To figure out the monthly payment, I went to bankrate.com 's APR mortgage calculator. I plugged in $25,826.98 with a term of 5 years (60 months) and an APR of 4.99%. It gave me a monthly rate of $487.27. Then, I multiplied that by 60 months to get "Amount Financed." I subtracted "Adjusted OTD" from that amount to receive a total interest payment of $3,409.22. Isn't it just awful how that $3,000 down payment would go into interest and then some?

Take 2: Your Negotiations with Better Interest Rate, Less Down, Rival Dealer Pricing, Gas Card ($50) and Couple of Oil Changes ($70)

Car (Year / Make / Model): 2013 Nissan Altima SL
    Options: Navigation Package, Moonroof
    MSRP: $31,155.00
    Sale Price: $29,544.00 ($1,611.00 instant savings)
    Qualifying Rebates: - $3,500.00
    TTL: $120.00
    Dealer Admin (Doc) Fee: $130.00
    Total Purchase Price (OTD): $28,463.26
    Down Payment: - $2,000.00
    Amount Financed: $29,170.20 (This is your TRUE loan amount)

Monthly Payment: $486.17

* What do we get here? Let's see... You save $1,000 on down payment alone, $1.10 per month on monthly payments ($66 for the life of the loan), $50 gas card, and $70 in free oil changes. Total Savings = $1,186, or $19.77 per month, in total financial savings
  • db24db24 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought fully loaded 2.5 SL in NJ with MSRP of $31,495 at the end of the July 4th incentives, including $1500 in incentives and 0% financing. My OTD was about $29,300 with one year of oil changes. Purchase price on car was $26,250 plus tax and various fees.

Based on the posts in this forum, I attempted to get OTD at $28,300k, but this was the best deal I was able to obtain. I went to 3 dealers and called 2 others to get the best price. The next closest dealer was $750 more, so on one hand I was happy with that price. On the other hand, it seems like others are getting OTD of $28,300. For me, it was a struggle to get my price. Perhaps NJ sales taxes of 7% accounts for part of the difference or maybe I didn’t negotiate as well.
  • voland_dallasvoland_dallas Member Posts: 1
    I know that dealers have a significant markup on the extended warranties but they are all different. Who has the best prices for the plans?

Thanks!

V
  • ff811ff811 Member Posts: 12
    I got an OTD price on new black Nissan Altima SV in Staten Island, NY @ $23,678.65 (this includes all taxes, dealer fees, DMV fees with new plates and all rebates), and received 0% financing for 60 months. How did I do? I am new to the game of car buying and needed a car quickly, but think I did OK. There were some hidden fees I wasn't happy with, but given I felt the bottom line was OK I dealt with it. I tell you, this website is great and next time I am in the market for a new car I will definitely be armed with the knowledge I gain here.
  • vaddalavaddala Member Posts: 3
    Anythoughts? Waht would be the steel price for ALTIMA S model
  • ballcballc Member Posts: 1
    Just picked up a 2013 2.5 SL w/ tech package, spoiler, external ground lighting, illuminated kick plates, mats, and splash guards.

36 month lease
    12k mileage allowance
    NMAC lease

MSRP $33585
    Negotiated price: $27695.86
    Acquisition Fee: $595
    Dealer Doc Fee: $699.50
    Capitalized Cost: $28990.36

MF: .00055 - 1.32%
    Residual: 57% - $19143.45

Dealer ate the tax, tag, title, and 1st payment (~$710).
    Sign and drive, paid nothing at dealership.

35 payments of $318/month
  • xian5681xian5681 Member Posts: 13
    Carmund or anyone,

Just got this quote 2.5 sl
    Please pick it apart. 36 months 15,000 miles. 1st pmt down

Msrp 29175
    Residual 55%
    Residual actual 16046.25
    Agreed upon value 25763
    Acquisition fee 595
    Cap cost gross 26358
    Cap cost reduction 73.80
    Cap cost adjusted 26284
    Dep payment 284.39
    Rent pmt 14.82
    Tax pmt 23.94
    Pmt 323.15
    MF .00035
    Reg fee 264
    Doc 80
    Ever 18.00
    Sales tax doc fee 6.40
    Ca tire fee 8.75
    Amount due 780.00
    Cash down 323.00
    Rebates 375.00
    Dealer participation 82.00
    How to pay amounts due 780.00
    Advance % 90.34
  • iamthe57iamthe57 Member Posts: 2
    I am pretty sure I got a decent deal!

Model: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SV *No packages just splash guards & carpeted floor & truck mats
    State of purchase: Massachusetts MA (message me for more details) Great experience with this dealership.

MSRP: $25,200.00
    Cash price: $23,363.00
    Trade in value: $3150.00 (note that my car is probably really $1500)
    Rebate for financing at 0.00% for 60 months: $1000.00
    Total (before taxes/doc fee): $19,213.00
    ---------------------------------------
    Total amount of taxes & registration fees: $1354.00
    Doc fee: $372.00

OTD: $20,939.00
  • nerlmannerlman Member Posts: 1
    I'm seriously looking at a 2.5 SL loaded in Ma....Got an offer $4145 (incl) doc. fee below msrp.. Wonder how much more room to bargain..
  • iamthe57iamthe57 Member Posts: 2
    if you buy today/tomorrow I think there is a lot of room to bargain. End of the month quotas need to be met & they are trying to move the 13's off their lots.
  • bennett12bennett12 Member Posts: 2
    Nerlman - On Wednesday I bought a 2013 2.5SL with navi, sunroof, external ground lighting, vehicle tracking, remote start, floor mats, etc (all but illuminated kick plates) msrp $31,667/invoice ~$29,500 for $24,590 (before tax). No doc fee or other dealer add-ons). Plus I did 0% for 60 months with $0 down. OTD we financed just under $27k (had $900 credit for trade-in). Another bonus, gas mileage went from 22mpg to averaging 35 mpg. I think I got a really great deal. I did all the negotiating by email. Talked to two different dealers. Went with the one in my town (in Georgia just to do business local and because they beat competitors price after going back and to).

** Also in case anyone else is wondering I originally was going to do a SL with navi/sunroof because I couldn't justify the cost. But I got the dealer down on the one with navi only $400 away from his lowest price on the one with navi. I don't think he realized he came so close since we weren't looking at the papers side by side until he walked out while my husband and I could make a decision.
  • danminazdanminaz Member Posts: 5
    Purchased an altima sv on Saturday in Phoenix metro area. Figured it was a great time being the last day of the month and all the rebates going on right now. Ended up negotiating a price of $20,500 (after $2K in rebates) plus 0% financing for 60 months. The dealer doc fee was $395 plus TTL. The MSRP on the vehicle was over $26K as it had a lot of dealer upgrades that they basically just threw in: illuminated kick plates, floor mats, trunk mat, wheel locks, paint protection, and splash guards. I had been watching this model for months but couldn't get a dealer to budge until now.
  • coppersmithcoppersmith Member Posts: 3
    OTD total price was 20,700 purchased Aug 31.
    Price included splash guards, illuminated kick plates, carpet floor and trunk mats plus TTL and doc.
  • steve7515steve7515 Member Posts: 12
    Hi. Was thinking of leasing, but got a finance quote of $24,200 on 2013 Altima 2.5 SL with tech/moon and mat/molding/lighting, silver/black leather. Basically $28K (I will do better negotiating on this) minus $3800 Nissan incentives ($500 cap cash, $1000 cust cash, $2300 equipment allowance). Dealer said the $2300 equip allowance applied to this car as it's been on the lot for 160 days.

I don't know much about new car inventories, but is there a concern with a car sitting on the lot for 160 days? Sign of a problem? I haven't seen it yet as negotiating over internet/phone.

I was first looking at a 2014, but if the $24.2K price and car is real, and I can negotiate down, hard to pass up.

THANKS!

Steve
    Hi again..is this a good deal?

2014 2.5 SL with tech, nav, moon, floor mats, kick, splash, molding, ground lighting.

Dealer Quote: $28700
    NMAC -$500
    VPP -$500
    No doc or misc, just tax/DMV.
    Final cost: $27700
    Invoice: ~$28693

Is this a good deal for a 2014? I can get a similar 2013 for about $2K less, lower price and $1000 customer cash.

P.S. Something soudned very strange when I spoke to the dealer again in the Altima in my previous post again!

Steve
    THANKS!
  • danminazdanminaz Member Posts: 5
    For the 2014's invoice is probably the best price you will see right now. I would think you could do better than $2k under invoice on a 2013 though. Check truecar.com for your area to see what competing dealers are offering for those same models.
  • mikekf7mikekf7 Member Posts: 2
    Hello, new to this forum and can't find much pricing for the 2.5S on here. I was quoted 19110 after all $2000 in incentives. Is there room to move on this deal or is this a good price?
    Thanks for the reply. I'm now down to $700 below invoice pre-incentives for the 2014 2.5SL fully loaded. Still looking around for 2013 as that could probably be gotten for $2K less.

Dealer Quote: $28150
    NMAC -$500
    Cust Cash -$500
    VPP -$150 (incorrect at $500)
    No doc or misc, just tax/DMV.
    Final cost: $27000
    Invoice: ~$28693
  • elenahappyelenahappy Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2013
    Hi everyone,

I am planning to buy my first car, and I found this forum so helpful. Thank you everyone!

I am looking for a 2013 Altima 2.5 SV w/ nav, the MSRP is $28,140, and the dealer gave me $24,650 OTD after all rebates.

These are the installed options:
    Nav package
    Convienence package
    Floor mats
    Trunk mat
    Ground lighting
    Splash guards
    Vehicle tracking system.

Is it a good deal? How much room for negotiation? Thank you so much!
  • crf2318crf2318 Member Posts: 6
    Just bought new 2013 Altima 2.5 SL, dark blue with tan leather, with splash guards, mats, wheel locks from Autonation Clearwater Nissan. Also got 5 yr roadside asst and 2 yr maint plan thrown in with deal. See price details below. Overall, easy to do deal with dealer, but they started with a very high price even though their online price was shown much lower. Once i threw their competitor prices at them to beat or I would walk, they were more willing to negotiate. Got what i wanted without having to drive to another dealer, Jenkins Nissan in Lakeland, which offered very low price with a few extras like kick plates and illumnation. Also got 0% financing for 5 yrs.

Price breakdown:
    msrp: 28750
    Negotiated price: 23869
    dealer fee: 699
    battery fee: 1.50
    tire fee: 5
    tag fee: 99
    sales tax: 1528
    county taxes: 65
    title fee: 364
    factory rebate: -500
  • maygomaygo Member Posts: 1
    Does your OTD total price include taxes?
  • sunshine_boysunshine_boy Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2013
    Looks like this forum post was down for sometime and it appears back to normal now.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454

For 2014 Nissan Altima purchase experiences, please visit the 2014 Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience discussion.

Please help launch our new Facebook tab and be one of the first to share your car shopping experience.