Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ronni_eronni_e Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the info. The price im being offered is right at $22000 and it includes the floor mats, protection package, side sills, and sport package along with the EC Mirror. The price of $22000 is with the rebates.

Financing is 5.54% at 60 months. So with this info does it sound good?
  • newaltinewalti Member Posts: 4
    Yeah...but still think that you could get a lower APR. $22K is a great price.
    Thanks ill keep you posted. Im speaking with 2 dealers. One is offering a car with only the side sills, spoiler, and mats for $21k and the other is what I mentioned above. Im not really sure I need some of the options that are included with the 22K one.
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    but if you are happy with the deal, take it.
  • lilblilb Member Posts: 4
    2005 Altima 2.5S (Smoke/frost)
    5 speed
    Convenience package/guards/mats/protection package
    1% financing
    tax,title out the door for a little over 21K (used VPP; was either 1% OR rebate...chose the 1%)

N. Olmsted
  • lilblilb Member Posts: 4
    oops...also included the extended 'gold' warranty.
    Here is what I got. What does everyone thing?

3.5SE Automatic
    Sheer Silver with Charcoal Cloth Interior
    Sport Package (Spoiler and Sunroof)
    Side Air Bags w/Traction Control
    Side Sills and Rear Splash Guards
    Protection Package
    Floor/Trunk Mat Set
    Got it for $22,422
  • jerseytomjerseytom Member Posts: 1
    Two-pronged question/comment:

I too have had a hard time trying to find used Altimas (2002-2004) with ABS (carshopn mentioned this as well in his/her Mar 24 post). They don't seem to exist.

Even when trying to "build" a new car online (this site and Nissan's), it seems that package T01 (ABS & Side Airbag Package for $800) is only availble for the Altima 2.5 S and not for the various 3.5's (and I really want a 3.5). The 3.5's offer a package T02 (TCS & Side Airbag Package), but TCS isn't ABS, which is why it has a different name, eh? Does anyone know why this is? It seems that most other sedans in the Altima's class offer ABS stanard or at least as an option...

Many thanks in advance,

JerseyTom
  • keeferbkeeferb Member Posts: 81
    I just went to the Nissan web site and built a 3.5SE with the Side Air Bag/TCS pkg. When I clicked on the details of that package it lists ABS as part of it...

• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
    • Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD)
    • Brake Assist
    • Driver and front-passenger side supplemental air bags
    • Roof-mounted curtain side supplemental air bags for front- and rear-seat occupants head protection
    • Traction Control System (TCS)
  • iwantonetooiwantonetoo Member Posts: 86
    ABS is standard on the 3.5SE.
  • njfotomannjfotoman Member Posts: 6
    After many test drives and lots of homework, I finally decided on a 2005 Nissan Altima SE V6 silver with black heated seats and Navi. I only test drove the Altima V6 without Navi. Well decision made, but just could not find the car. Exhausting New Jersey dealerships, I finally gave up. I was told that most people who want Navi and a V6, go for the Maxima, but I didn't want to go over $30K and prefered the look of the Altima better. Has anyone else tried to find this car? Any luck?

I know Navi is just a toy, but it is something that I wanted. So my new search begins. Fun to drive, 5 or 6 speed trani, Navi, heated leather seats, in silver! Any ideas? I have drove the Acura TSX w/Navi, Cadillac CTS w/Navi, Mazda 3s w/Navi (no Navi available in the Mazda 6s), Mini Copper S w/Navi and finally the Honda Accord EX V6 w/ what else.... Navi. :D A friend of mine has a new Toyota Solara SL w/Navi, but really am not fond of the styling, and you can ONLY get the Navigation in the SL not the SE.... and I can't stand fake wood inside a car!!! Anyone have any suggestions on what else to look at? I am leaning towards the Honda. Thanks for any assistance. :)
    I guess you could always have the Navi added by the dealer. Just doing a quick run on the prices though im not sure you are gonna get what you want for under $30k. For an Altima 3.5SE with Auto Tranny, leather package and navigation the price is just over $30.
  • docrxdocrx Member Posts: 3
    I'm considering an altima SER ,anybody have prices paid for that?
  • john55john55 Member Posts: 4
    I am concerned with the SE-R's ground clearance - and wondering what I pay for a new loaded Altima SE-R?
  • john55john55 Member Posts: 4
    Hi -

I found your review encouraging and wonder if you can advise me on purchasing a new Altima SE-R? I am concerned about its ground clearance considering I live in Vermont (snow, mud season, etc.) and I'm also clueless about what to expect to pay. Thanks
  • ptinnjptinnj Member Posts: 2
    I'm having the hardest time finding a 2005 Altima with a Manual Transmission and ABS. Do they exist?

The dealer tells me he can't find one or order one from the factory, but I don't anywhere that says the two can't go together. Any thoughts?
  • thenebeanthenebean Member Posts: 1,124
    you looking at a 2.5S or a 3.5SE?
  • ptinnjptinnj Member Posts: 2
    Either, really. On the 2.5S, I can find plenty with ABS and the auto, and it comes standard with the 3.5SE with the auto. But the only model where I can find both a manual and ABS is the SE-R. And I don't want to pay that much. Any thoughts?
    just checked with the sales manager, and according to him - nissan is not making any more Altimas with a manual transmission AND side air/abs. weird if you ask me, but im not nissan corporate. like you said - it is available on the SE-R.

hope that helped (even if it was something you didnt want to hear)
  • hijack784hijack784 Member Posts: 4
    hi, i have 3.5SE MT and no ABS or TCS (who really needs TCS for MT).
    im not sure if TCS is linked w/ cars having ABS, but if it is, i have seen some MT TCS out there.
  • hijack784hijack784 Member Posts: 4
    seems that they want you to get the se-r.
    too bad you can't get navigation with those- you have to go aftermarket.
    i have no clue why they are doing it this way - funny thing is, our quick reference guides have it listed as something you CAN get with a MT, but they are just not being built that way. in fact, nissan isnt going to be building any more MT 3.5SEs this year - how weird!

though, i wouldn't mind an SE-R! those are AWESOME! (i drive the baby brother spec-v)

-thene
  • confusedman1confusedman1 Member Posts: 34
    Hi All
    I am the newbie here, and I am in the market for a new 05 altima 2.5S (auto) plus ABS/side airbag. could someone please give me some recommandations on Nissan dealers around boston MA, and Nashua NH area, that known to give out bargan price on the 2.5S Altima.

the readings on this forum are fanatastic.
    keep up the good conversation!!!

Thanks
  • confusedman1confusedman1 Member Posts: 34
    HI all
    I am interested in buying altima 2.5S (auto) with conveince pkg and abs/sideair. the MSRP is 22760 and invoice 21156 including destiation charge. given the incentive and rebate floating around. what would be a good offer price for this vehicle? and how much would other fee cost, doc fee, titile fee, reg fees? ohh, I am in boston area, and I am also looking for some good nissan dealer who give out good prices.

thanks
  • saleesalee Member Posts: 2
    Hi everyone,

Wanted to see what you thought of a quote I received for a Altima 3.5SE. I have been quoted $24,194 (not including TTL). This includes a small discount for Nissan's Vehicle Purchase Program (VPP) and already includes the $1500 rebate.

What it has is...
    Sports Package Plus
    Floor Mats
    Side Sills w/mud guards
    Auto dimming mirror
    XM Radio
    Wind Deflector (rather it did not have)
    Protection package
    Also a automatic and the dealer is in San Antonio, TX

The actual invoice price is $25,776 and the MSRP is $28,130. This also is what I got when I priced it out on Edmunds. Is this a decent deal, given the car has everything but traction control, leather, side airbags and nav?

Also was wondering if the rebate starting on May 3, may be bigger than the current $1500. Thanks for your help.
    VPP is a great way to get a competitive price without any haggle. sounds like a good deal to me! Also, it is unsure whether the rebates will go up or down, but if it is any indication, our rep from Nissan said the lease specials on some cars were DEFINITELY being cut back...if you are happy, i'd say make the deal, and whatever happens down the road, don't worry about...

good luck!

-thene
  • gottookgottook Member Posts: 4
    What is a good price on a Altima 2005 SL? I just purchased on for my wife, I thought i did all the research. Nissan does not seem to motivated to sell you a car. I ended up paying $ 23,200, the car had charcoal leather, sunroof heated seats. I took the 1% financing and not the rebate. It seems like a nice car but could i have gotten a better deal?

Later,
    what kind of equipment did it have on it - foglamps, sunroof, abs? what was msrp?
  • saleesalee Member Posts: 2
    Thanks thene,

I am going to take the plunge and get the Nissan SE. I agree that VPP is a great, especially since it takes out the haggling. Thanks again for the feedback!
    no problem! enjoy your new Altima! its a great car

:shades:

-thene
    It had sunroof, leather, Chrome wheels the msrp was $ 26,000.00. I found I have a pretty bad oil leak with 278 miles on the car. I left the car in the garage all weekend and moved it late Sunday and found a puddle of oil.
    This is not good with a car with only 278 miles. I'm thinking I really got hosed. Anyone interesrted in buying an Altima??? :mad: :sick:

Later,
    maybe when they serviced the vehicle the mechanic didn't tighten the oil cap properly? it doesn't seem right that a brand new car would leak that much oil...have you called the dealership to tell them the issue? if you havent, i certainly would - especially if you haven't gotten and filled out your survey from nissan yet!

let us know how it goes!

-thene
    Called the dealership they finally got somebody to come get the car at 3:00 yesterday. They could not tell me anything last night and have yet to hear from them this morning. It must really have a problem! Needless to say I'm unhappy with my first experience with a foreign automaker. This could be a short lived experience. You expect this from a US automaker, plus they have places and parts to fix the problems. When they get my survey back it will be the they trash.

Live and learn, If anyone wants to know about buying a Nissan just email me..

Later,
    you have to understand that one car is not an indication of an entire car lineup. i actually sell nissans, and we've had great luck with them. I own one, my dad owns one, and my mom owns one - all problem free! sometimes you get a bum car, regardless of the manufacturer. i am sorry that you happened to get one. hopefully the dealership/company can make it right for you!

-thene
    My wife got her car back late yesterday afternoon. I got up under the car to look it over. All they did was reseal the oil pan with a sealent (liquid gasket). They did not even put a gasket on the pan. There was still oil on the frame, they did not even wipe that up, they could have hit Nissan for another $ 15.00 for a rag (supplies). The cost to reseal my pan was $ 199.00. Break down: $ 6.75 for Sealant (Parts) $118.00 for Labor (2 Hrs) and $ 71.25 for towing. The dealership came and got the car and returned the car. My wife got the car back with 130 more miles on it than when they took it. And had to go to put gas in the car before she could get home.
    They fixed the car and used it to run errands the rest of the day. Since you sell Nissan's is this standard practice at all dealerships. What is the cost to fix something that is really wrong? At this rate I can see me keeping this car for 35,800 miles and getting rid of it. I cant afford to take it in to get it repaired.
    gottook,

that's certainly not Nissan practices! they didn't even cover it under warranty? or at least take responsibility for something not bering right at the time of delivery. i can assure you that it's not a nissan thing.

maybe you should try taking it to another (more reputable?) dealer, and see if they can help you out - or at least call their service department and see if they can give you some help.

im sorry to hear you aren't having a great experience with your Altima. it really is a great car!

-thene :)
  • brickersbrickers Member Posts: 12
    "cant afford to take it in to get it repaired." gottook

what happened to your car is very unfortunate and that does happen to any car manufacturer from time to time, no matter how reliable they are. Your best course of action at this point is to make sure you take detailed notes of all these events and start looking at the "lemon laws" for your particular state; familiarize yourself with it. From my understanding the dealership has 3 chances to repair the same problem and if it is not resolved I think you should be able to exchange it for another or just get your money back as long as it is within the mileage limitation which I think is about 12K or 15K(don't quote me on this because i know it varies from state to state). this may seem drastic but its better to be prepared for the worse.
    i would also try and contact someone from the Nissan Corporate Office to see if they can reimburse you for any of those repair cost and report how that particular dealership handled the problem.

goodluck!
  • blumanbluman Member Posts: 3
    Paid $26,578 after $1,500 rebate for 3.5SE auto , fully loaded except navigation with charcoal leather ,MSRP was $29,880, love the car ,great power , it is the second vehicle I own with this engine , the first being my favorite vehicle , the Infiniti G35 SD... :)
  • panthersfanpanthersfan Member Posts: 4
    I just found this forum in the last couple of days and it seems like a good place to ask this question.

I just got back from the dealerhsip where we bought my wife a 2005 Altima 3.5 SE-R. She truly loves it - and I must admit that it have a nice look and exceptional power for what I expected. It has power without having to push it too hard to get it - and I used to drive a Honda S2000!

We bought from the local Nissan dealer and I always come out of a car negotiation feeling like I got taken. For the SE-R with splash gaurds and mats we paid $28,000 OTD inclusive of the $1,500 rebate from Nissan. Was that a fair deal? I think it must be okay, but I hate feeling like I could have done better if I had been prepared to be a jerk in negotiations.

Any thoughts?
    based on our invoice, with our dealer conveyance ($249) and our sales tax 6%, if i were to sell you the vehicle at invoice, our OTD price is $28,475.34. Sounds like you got a pretty fair deal to me!

happy motoring! the SE-R is definitely a fun car!

• panthersfanpanthersfan Member Posts: 4
    Thanks thene. I appreciate the feedback. My wife has already called me several times to comment on how she loves the car. I would recommend it to anyone who was in the market!
  • lulu2lulu2 Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I am about to lease a new 05' 2.5S altima with only standard options and 15G miles a year for 24 months. The dealer i will prob. lease from quoted me 275 a month including taxes. This is my first lease and hence i do not know how to negotiate with these people at all and i am not even sure if this the best deal i can get considering there is the 1500 rebate and this car has excellent residual value. can an experienced leaser give me some advice about this offer before friday. thanks
    lulu,

you want to make sure that you know the sale price of the vehicle, any fees they are adding in, and ask them for the money factor and residual. the money factor is like an interest rate (you take the money factor number, i.e. .00139 and multiply by 2400 for the interest rate) and the residual is what percentage is left of the MSRP value after the term of the lease has taken place (if the residual is 68%, then you are paying for 32% of the car while you have it)

based on what I have seen leases for here, $275 does not seem like its a crazy, off the mark lease. I am not sure what your taxes and fees are, but without actually calculating the lease out, $275 including all taxes and fees seems reasonably fair.

hopefully that helps!

• blumanbluman Member Posts: 3
    Paying $ 291.60 per month , 24 month lease 12K per year $2100 out of pocket incl m/v fees for a 2005 SE 3.5 fully loaded no nav , sticker $29.800. Shop around , there is also a $ 1500 rebate....
    unfortunately, you cant get the rebate with the lease...

-thene
  • sandylsandyl Member Posts: 42
    That seems very high. I would assume low 200's. I have even seen leases for the base model around 199 sign and drive. dont know what the residual and MF for the 24 month leases are for May.

sandy
    the money factors have gone up, and the residuals may have gone down a tad. also, the $199 sign and drive doesn't include tax on the payments (or registration or any other dealer fees)

just so you know :-)

-thene
  • tholt4tholt4 Member Posts: 1
    Two weeks ago I purchased a 2005 Altima 2.5 S Automatic with factory sticker price of $20,550.00 for $17,260.00 (includes $1,500.00 rebate). Factory floor/trunk mats (120.00) & Splash Guards ($150.00) included in prices. Dealer doc. fee was $269. + tax, tag & title fees. To no avail, I tried to get a spoiler thrown in to close the deal, but they did agree to sell me one at cost. Dealer is Prestige Nissan in Thomasville, GA (35 miles north of Tallhassee, FL). When I saw the newspaper add for this car, it said that at least 2 were available at that price, but they had about 20 Altima 2.5 S models at that price plus any options. :)
  • darrellt1darrellt1 Member Posts: 2
    10 or 15% Holdback? Wow that is alot. If you are looking for the 2.5S Model there is only a little over $500.00 hold back. I believe that the dealer should make more than $500.00 on a 20,000.00 vehicle. That is not a lot of mark up considering what kind of mark up are on other products that you buy everyday and not even think about it. I read a post that a gentleman said I shopped every dealer within 200.00 dollars. In my opinion that is taking it to the extreme!
  • darrellt1darrellt1 Member Posts: 2
    Hello,

Who includes the dealer advertising? The dealer or the manufacturer? I believe it is the manufacturer. The dealer makes money on invoice and hold back and hold back varies depending on what model you are looking at. The dealer is happy to take 250.00 over invoice because consumers are so concerned with getting the best deal that the dealer knows if thay do not take the deal that another dealer will and thay will not make any money. I think most consumers are over concerned with just getting the very best price thay can possibly get and it is so competitive for dealers that the prices just keep getting less and less. Invoice used to be an outstanding deal and still is in my opinion but the consumer keeps pressing for more and more and the dealers keep giving it to them so thay can beat another dealers price; even if it does not make sence for the dealer to sell the car that cheap.By the time thay pay the sales people their commision and from what I see is around a 100.00 for an invoice deal(a lot salespeople are paid above invoice) and then the dealer pays there floor plan for there invintory,sales managers,finance people,rent,and a ton of other things that it costs to run a dealership than the dealer is really out. In conclusion the dealer says ok because it is so competetive and people are so worried about getting the very best deal and know thay will lose the customer if thay do not take it. I put it on the dealers in a whole for not all staying on the same page and cutting each other throats over a couple hundred dollars. I think it is all blown out of preportion.