Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 1ovrzro1ovrzro Member Posts: 7
    However, for the same $$, Previously, the Maxima has had a higher resale value then Altima as well, another thing to consider 2-3 yrs down the road. If you get a Maxima for the same price as an altima, it might be to your benefit. As for the solid beam axle, it doesn't mean much. The Maxima back in the 1980's had a independent rear and can't hold a torch to the 2000 and on handling. I have driven other cars like Ford taurus with independent rears, that can't hold a torch to the max either, in the handling dept. I agree with you on the exterior styling being better on the Altima though.
    After shopping a while, I went with a 2002 Grand Prix GTP. MSRP was $28,240, got it for $22k in change. There is a $3k mfg rebate on this car that just ended and 0% financing. Yes, the Altima and Max are newer and more refined with better interiors, but for $22k and the better peformance I couldn't pass this deal up. Plus I got a 2 door coupe, something Altima or max don't offer. To me a 4 door just isn't that sporty. 0-60mph is in 6.8 seconds. The automatic 3.5 Altima is 7.3 seconds according to the nissan dealer brochure. the GTP gets 28mpg epa highway... altima 26mpg epa. Right now I have a 2001 I30T and the '97 GP i traded in. 5 yrs later the GP held up pretty good, not many complaints. Paint still looked like new. We'll see. For the money, esp $22k, I feel this was the better buy. Esp since they are stopping production of the 2door GP, 2002 was it, there are many good deals out there.
  • jimmorgjimmorg Member Posts: 1
    Any good dealers to look for a 2002 Altima 2.5S with min options? Also, any to avoid?
    thanks!
  • cfocfocfocfo Member Posts: 147
    "There is a $3k mfg rebate on this car that just ended and 0% financing."

Is there a rebate AND 0% financing ?
    My mistake, it was a $3k rebate OR 0%. It just ended either Tuesday or Wednesday! Both would have been really nice. I was better off taking the $3k rebate on a purchase. The dealers were pushing them out the door. It wasn't just a $3k rebate off MSRP, they had taken nearly $3k off MSRP before the rebate which gave me the $22k price range. Couldn't go wrong on that deal. Esp on a car that went for $28,240 MSRP and has every factory option. Again, It isn't put together as well as a Max or Altima nor does it have the same quality, but should do ok.
  • rbarker5rbarker5 Member Posts: 1
    Sept 6 paid $500 over invoice at Univ City Nissan in SoCal. MSRP was $28924 / Invoice was $26792. Paid $27292. CarsDirect quotes $27792 for 2003 and $27626 for same equipped 2002. Leather, V6, Auto, Sunroof, Bose,Spoiler, Xenon lights, ABS and more.
  • weeda21weeda21 Member Posts: 1
    ANY1 PURCHASE AN ALTIMA IN MIAMI??
    IM PLANNING ON BUYING A 2003 ALTIMA 2.5S IN DECEMBER. ANY1 GOT ANY INFO ON PRICES ETC.?
  • exhondafanexhondafan Member Posts: 3
    Altima 3.5S Base US MSRP (off web) $23,189
    Altima 3.5S Base CAN MSRP (off nissan.ca) $28,098

By my calculations , our US friends are paying about 25-30% for exact same car! Ouch !!!
  • loki234loki234 Member Posts: 2
    I just bought a 2003 2.5 S with sunroof, convienience package, ABS package, microfilter, and splashguards. Got it for 19,995 all told. Might have paid a bit too much seeing as this included my trade-in, but all in all I think I got a fair deal. It's pewter with charcoal interior, picking it up on Sunday.

BTW, as to the previous message, what is the current conversion rate for US to Canadian dollars? The prices are in different denominations.
  • orda1orda1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2003 Nissan Altima 3.5 SE 5 Speed Sheer Silver today but the dealer doesn't have the Silver Color that I wanted so they are going to get it from another dealer. They had me drove the Mystic Green Altima home while they keep my trade in till tomorrow. Hopefully I'll get it by then.
    The only options that the car has are micro-cabin filter, splash guard and floor mat. They gave me the car with a drive out price of $22,500.00 tax included.
    Good luck to all!
  • paulv4paulv4 Member Posts: 8
    2003 SE MT with mats, side sills, and filter for 21465.
  • dsofferadsoffera Member Posts: 1
    Please someone help!! I fif tons and tons of research for the Altima S with convience package, automatic, fog lights, splash guards, mats, and filter (this is for the 2003). I walked out of the dealership with a price of $20,713. Is that a fair price? It's 1000 under MSRP but $300 more than I wanted to spend. I paid $175 for Sealant and wheel locks. I have a 1993 Honda (142,000 miles) and they gave me $1200.00 to cover the cost of the tax and tags (as per my request).
    Did I pay too much?? I can change my mind b/c I only put a deposit down. Help me!!
  • aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    If "sealant" is paint sealant, then it is wholly unnecessary. Don't pay for it. And a set of wheel locks should cost no more than $30. www.nissanwholesaleparts.com has genuine Nissan wheel locks for $20 before shipping.

Check Edmunds TMV and CarsDirect for pricing info. They will be able to give you an idea of Altima pricing in your area.
  • cyril1cyril1 Member Posts: 5
    Just picked up my silver SE (5 speed) with premium leather, ABS, side sills/guards, mats, filter. MSRP was $28414. I picked it up for $26500. Also traded in 90 Accord junker for $1000, so cost was $25500 + tax and minor fees. So far I am a satisfied buyer.
  • jtonealjtoneal Member Posts: 1
    Just sealed the deal on an '03 3.5 SE automatic with just a few options (floor mats, air filtration, side seals, splash guards). Had an offer from a competing dealership of $500 over invoice going in, so the dealer knocked it down to $300 over invoice right off the bat. I told him I really didn't need the air filtration, side seals, or splash guards, so I got him to shave off an extra $289 (still got to keep the extra options), making the total $22,500 (plus TT&L). I couldn't negotiate my way out of the national advertising charges, but I felt like I got a decent deal overall. I bought from Gerald Nissan in North Aurora, IL (west Chicago suburbs).
    Hope you enjoy the car, it sounds nice. I was sorry to see the dealer got you for 1 of the 2 padded add-ons. It seems those bogus options and phony ad fees are keeping the dealers in profits until more car shoppers walk out. It's coming soon, as it's a buyers market now with consumers tightning their belts and sharing their buying experiences on the internet. With, of course, the great help from EDMUNDS.
  • njaltimadrivernjaltimadriver Member Posts: 1
    Just paid $18,300 all in (before registration and taxes) for a 2003 2.5S with filter, mats, splash guard, and mirror with compass/auto dim (Pewter with Charcoal). Final price was $18,100 but couldn't negotiate out the dealer fees of $199.
  • ultimaultima Member Posts: 96
    I bought back in March, 2002 (Los Angeles, CA).

Got a Silver 2002 Altima 3.5 SE V6 (Auto) with side/splash, microfilter, floor mats, single-CD (i.e., not the Bose), and had the dealer put in TWO-TONE (ala Lexus) "aftermarket" Leather (MUCH better than the factory leather, and less expensive).

Total Price Paid (AFTER tax, lic, etc.) was only $25,200... Had the Dealer back-in to the price.
  • windsor613windsor613 Member Posts: 2
    After doing my homework up front on pricing and option costs I went to the design and build section of Nissandriven.com. Put in all the options and did a dealer inventory search for the car I wanted.

After printing out a list of cars at dealers, I sent each dealer an e-mail and a fax indicating interest in a car.

Got responses and a "Feel" for the dealers lowest price. Most ranged in the $ 750 to $ 1000 over invoice. Some wanted Ad charges as a part of the over invoice cost.

I tried to work with my local dealer here in PA but they parked on a $ 500 ad charge and $ 250 over for a total of at least $ 750.

I found a dealer in the Philadelphia area who had the exact car and wanted $300 over and no Ad charge. The sales manager faxed the invoice to my office and in 10 minutes we had a deal. They offered to meet me "Halfway" and I picked up the car and signed the papers in a parking lot off the interstate.

My wife got to drive home and was very happy.

The dealer was super to work with and no hidden fees or agendas. I would highly recommend them.
    Concordsville Nissan in Philadelphia PA.

(Call the sales manager Fred) Their dealership info is on the Nissan site.
    Hope you are happy with the New Altima !

And nice work getting a fair price, $ 300 over invoice and NO ad fee ! That should be the standard until the end of the year.
  • webdiva1269webdiva1269 Member Posts: 1
    Did tons of research-found out the TMV from Edmunds and CarsDirect price. Presented to local dealers who all but laughed me out of the showroom. (I live in Western North Carolina. We have 2 local Nissan dealers. That's it!) Called Sam's Club-they locate a participating dealer nearby (?? Eastern Tennessee!!??) who promised 1% over invoice. Thought about going there, but got a wild hair and contacted Carmax. They have one for 21,250. Greenville, SC is closer than Johnson City, TN, so I go. I leave with a 2003 2.5S in Crystal Blue (which I happen to be groovin', personally!!) for right around CarsDirect (21,295) invoice, and under TMV (22,715). It has Convenience Plus, fog lights, microfilter, AT, EC mirror with compass, floor mats, side sills and splash guards. There is, incidentally, nothing like showing up for Kindermusik in this thing!
  • maxamillion1maxamillion1 Member Posts: 1,467
    I was at carmax about two weeks ago, and I looked at your car! Congrats, to you on the new Altima.

My cousin was in LOVE with that Altima! I live in Union, South Carolina, which is about 50-60 miles from Greenville. I go to carmax just about every weekend. I am glad that you were able to get the car that you wanted, and it's beautiful. Enjoy it. I have to wait until next year before I can get my new car. Again, congrats
  • hirenjoshihirenjoshi Member Posts: 2
    Recently I purchased 2.5 S (2003) at $20,200 out of the door. Includes Floor mats, Mirror with Compass with Temp., Splash guards, Fog lights, Silver Color with frost interior, Pinestrip. I would like to know if this is a good price to pay or can someone get a better deal in NJ. I got finance from Nissan at 6.49%. I would welcome your comments. Any suggestions about insurrance and financing would be a great help.
  • thatchman1thatchman1 Member Posts: 3
    I'm considering an Altima, 2.5 or 3.5 depending on the deal. I see that one should be able to negotiate to near invoice price (many 02's going for $1 over invoice).

Question is this: Invoice price for both model years are nearly identical. Should I be able to go much lower than invoice on an '02? Or is the 02 for someone looking for a bad deal?

Thanks for the advice. I've researched TMV & C. Reports dealer prices, etc. but didn't know how the end of the year would/should play into it.
  • tmnjalttmnjalt Member Posts: 19
    Mine is an auto with all your equip plus conv pkg paid 20,209 + tax.
    Also 6.49% sounds very high in this economy, unless you have a
    credit issue.
  • hirenjoshihirenjoshi Member Posts: 2
    Mine is also auto but does not have the conv. pkg. I paid @20,200 in total including all taxes, DMV fees and docs fees. I have 2 yrs good credit history in USA. Can u suggest where I can re-finance it. I bought my car at Acme Nissan, Rt 130, NJ. Where did u buy yours?
  • paulv4paulv4 Member Posts: 8
    Polished pewter with charcoal interior.
    3.5 SE MT, mats, side sill, rear splash guards, micro filter, wheel locks, paint treatment, and pin striping for $21739. It took a while but I got a great deal.
  • astorey1astorey1 Member Posts: 41
    I'm getting ready to buy my first car in January. I have done a TON of research on buying cars, the Altima, etc. However,I would like to get some clarification as to what advertising fees and administration fees are. Do all dealers try to stick these fees on you and can you say that you're not paying them? What other "hidden fees" are there? From the little that I know about what they are, I think they are just another way for the dealer to make $$. I live in Augusta GA and we have only 1 Nissan dealer. The next closest one is 65 miles away! I've been looking into possibly buying the Altima from Cars Direct due to the fact that they seem to have great prices. Finally, does anyone know what interest rates Nissan is offering right now? My husband and I got pre-apprived at our credit union last week and their rates are currently 6.25-10.25, which we were given 7.25(we have very good credit, just not a whole lot of it). That rate might be good for what they're offering, but I really need a lower rate. Thanks so much!
  • tomn3tomn3 Member Posts: 5
    Had the new Altima 2 weeks now.

2.5S
    Silver/Charcoal
    ABS Package
    Mats
    Splash Guards
    Microfilter

$20,000 +tax, tag and title

Pretty close to TMV.

I jumped on it since finding an ABS only Altima is next to impossible around here.

Last two fill ups:
    25 and 28 mpg mixed driving.
  • shokheadshokhead Member Posts: 1
    3.5 with everything but leather pkgs and lights,27,400 out the door
  • ultimaultima Member Posts: 96
    I got a 3.5SE V6 Automatic:

- Floor mats
    - Micro filter
    - ABS
    - Mud guards
    - Two-tone custom "aftermarket" leather

Opted against the:

- Moonroof
    - Bose
    - Auto Climate Control

Paid $25,000 out-the-door (Told the dealer, "that's all I'm willing to pay... back into the price however you need to, otherwise I'll be driving an Accord, Camry, or Passat by the end of this evening)... However, I paid cash, so that probably gave me a bit more "bargaining" power... Politely walk out (but leave your phone number) if you have to -- I did -- and they called me later to accept my offer.

** NOTE: I STRONGLY suggest going with the "aftermarket" leather -- a MILLION times better than Nissan's leather and it will SUBSTANTIALLY improve the "look" of the interior you hear so many complaining about... I also highly recommend the "two-tone" ala "Lexus" leather look... I'm serious, you will KICK yourself later if you don't get the aftermarket leather.

(:-D
  • fastaltfastalt Member Posts: 24
    I have a 3.5 SE automatic with:
    Bose 6 CD system
    Sunroof w/Wind deflector
    Mats
    Side Sills and Mud guards
    Rear Spoiler
    Micro Filter
    Modified maintenance package(oil changes and tire rotation for 40k miles)
    I paid $23,600....
  • astorey1astorey1 Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the advice! What do you mean by Cars Direct takes ownership of the vehicle? Can you explain that to me. Thanks~
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Technically, I believe CarsDirect is actually the first owner, even though it is never registered to them. CarsDirect buys the car from the manufacturer, and you buy the car from CarsDirect (not the manufacturer). I think they are acting as a broker in this regard. But, they handle the whole transaction for you so you really don't have to deal with any of that. It's been quite a while since I got this info, so I would suggest calling or emailing them to ask, if it concerns you. Like I said, it seems to be a technicality and doesn't make any difference in practical terms, and the price they gice you is the price you pay. Of course, if you're willing to do the homework, there is no reason why you can't get a comparable price yourself (I did). Once you have your target price figured out, write down exactly what you want, and what you want to pay. Take this (or fax or email) to the dealer(s), preferably to the sales manager, and let them know it is your target price but they should feel free to beat it if they can. Let them know you are not there to negotiate, and don't let them tell you that your numbers are wrong (a common trick). Don't let them bring you into the office, sit you down (bring you coffee or soda), and start writing down numbers to negotiate with you (another common trick). Tell them politely but firmly that you only want a Yes or No answer to your offer (smile when you tell them this, it helps). Keep in mind that you can always offer more later if they say No. Watch out for the "bait and switch" where they accept your price and then start adding stuff on the contract. Geez, I could go on and on ...
  • gqleftygqlefty Member Posts: 8
    So far best price quote on 03 Altima SL with Side sill splash guards, Spoiler, and Floor mats is $22350. I live in the south , did any SL owner out there do better ?? We really like its styling but Are you happy with the SL"s performance and handling ?? Thanks for any comments!!
    Price seems good, I was dealing for $ 21,800 before TTL. What was the cost of the spoiler ? Did yours have a sunroof ?
    HI..... From my info, invoice on Spoiler is $381.00 and $425.00 MSRP that I got from MSNautos.com . What options are you looking at for 21,800. ???
    Oh yes, 22350.00 does not include sunroof. Its Only the items I mentioned in previous post. The Spoiler is not listed in SL options but you can get it. Is yor price with sunroof? What else??
  • mikek37mikek37 Member Posts: 411
    $22,000 car and you dont even get a V6 . Whats the deal?
  • pottonpotton Member Posts: 1
    purchased 2.5S auto MSRP WAS $20,005, OUT THE DOOR FOR $18,500 EVEN. TRIED TO GET HIM DOWN TO $18,300 AND $18,400 BUT NO DICE. VERY NICE CAR, ALOT OF POWER.
  • qball2qball2 Member Posts: 1
    Purchased the 3.5 auto with leather sport package and TCS package. Invoice 26,262, out the door at 26,750. Good deal? Bought it on the 29th, said I would not have gotten it at that price on Thursday. Boy, does it have some power! Had a 98 V6 Accord coupe, this blows it out of the water.
  • normrnormr Member Posts: 1
    2.5S automatic
    Black/grey interior
    fog lights
    side sills
    auto mirror
    Mats
    Splash Guards
    Microfilter
    $19,500
  • klevayklevay Member Posts: 1
    Is it really hard to find one with ABS package and convenience package? I ordered car from CarsDirect and they cannot locate one. They say ABS/Side airbags package is rather rare.
  • jtkz13jtkz13 Member Posts: 51
    I had to factory order mine because there are only 5 in the nation with the combo I want, and all are west coast, and I'm in Detroit.

Black on black
    leather/sport package
    5 speed
    ABS/side air bags
    micro air filter
    side sills

MSRP-$28,300. Invoise is around $25.5, and I'll see if I can get it for ~$27.5. My problem is that my trade-in is killing me (2000 Taurus with 56k miles).
  • altimanaltiman Member Posts: 9
    Pewter 3.5SE Auto with Leather Package, which includes Bose Audio, sunroof w/ deflector, heated seats, auto-dim mirror, ABS/TC/Side airbags, mats, splash guards and microfilter. I'm an Eaton Corp. employee - we supply engine valves and superchargers to Nissan, so qualified for their VPP supplier discount - $2,600! Sticker was $28,093, paid $25,493 - whadda deal -- whadda car!
  • cpoliciccpolicic Member Posts: 2
    Conv Plus Package
    ABS
    EC mirror w/ compass
    floor mats
    fog lights
    microfilter
    splash guards
    sunroof wind deflector
    $22341 (including adv. fee)....right on the money w/ TMV
  • jld8996jld8996 Member Posts: 1
    2003 3.5SE Automatic w/the following options

Leather pkg
    side sills and splash guards
    microfilter
    floor mats

MSRP $27115 INVOICE $24644 Paid $25300 Dealer charged me $200 to bring the car from out of state so about $500 over invoice without the extra charge.

I've tinted the windows and now I'm looking for aftermarket accessories. Anyone have a soure for accessories?
  • jtkz13jtkz13 Member Posts: 51
    www.altimas.net
    www.nissanforums.com
    www.stillen.com
    www.freshalloy.com
  • jps4915jps4915 Member Posts: 8
    2.5 S with:
    ABS/Side Airbag package
    EC Mirror with Compass & Temp
    Splash Guards
    Microfilter
    Fog Lights
    Floor Mats
    Aftermarket leather

Selling price before tax $20,572
    39 month lease, 15K per year
    zero down, no first payment
    $325 per month, including tax.
  • ms01ms01 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone bought an Altima in San Diego CA or in CA. If so what did you pay