Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier Nissan Altima Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dllovettdllovett Member Posts: 2
    I got a mass email a couple of days ago from a dealer in Tampa who is offering $750 under invoice on all Altimas through the end of March.

I would also suggest that you check out fighting chance (www.fightingchance.com). They have a package for $35 that gives you all of the info on the car (including rebates, etc. that edmunds misses, though there were none on the Altima a month ago when I bought the package) and they tell you how to conduct a "fax attack" which I found very useful. It's a bit of work, but saved me a lot of money. If you do this, you need to do it this week as the end of the month is the best time to buy a car/conduct a "fax attack."
  • skinsfan3skinsfan3 Member Posts: 78
    I have received "important notification"postcards and letters telling me that my warranty is expiring shortly (2003 Altima). The way they send ot to you makes it sounds like you are getting a recall notice. If you call, you get a really hard sell for extended warranty coverage. (As hard as those people that sell condos!) In my case, I bought extended 7 year coverage from my auto insurance company (has to be done within the first 12 months and under 11,000 miles.) My coverage cost me $24.00

I do not know how the original scammers were able to get hands on my name, address and Vin #. I suspect they obtained it from the dealer. When I spoke with them and asked if they were from Nissan, they said they were."

Beware of this outfit.
  • victrolajazzvictrolajazz Member Posts: 75
    "I bought extended 7 year coverage from my auto insurance company (has to be done within the first 12 months and under 11,000 miles.) My coverage cost me $24.00"

I got the exact same card on a car I purchased in 12/21 that has 1,575 miles on it! I've been with State Farm for 35 years, but they'd never heard of this--they are going to check on it and get back with me. Do you mind revealing who you have your insurance with? Thanks!
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,930
    $24 for a 7-year warranty???

PLEASE, give more details. I'd buy that in a heartbeat.

do you mean $24/mo? Or /year? Or is that the whole cost? what does it cover? who is it through? etc etc

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• bv050506bv050506 Member Posts: 97
    2007 Altima SE V-6 with premium package. Out the door $29,644. They claim they sold it to me for $300 over invoice. Maybe true. a very nice car. Handles better than my '05 300c Hemi, and much better than my avalon and Camry did. Has lots of spunk too! Bose stereo is adequate but not superb. Now that I don't listen to as loud of music, I'll be able to get by. My '05 Avalon had the JBL synthesis system with sub-woofers, WOW! that was outstanding!
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Wonder if anyone has puchased an Altima Hybrid in california? What is your experience and how much do you pay? Do you see a lot of selection yet?
  • toys4bobtoys4bob Member Posts: 1
    I just purchased (yesterday) 2007 Altima 2.5 S with SL and Connection Packages, ABS breaks, fog lights, mats, kick plates, sunroof wind deflector, emergency kit package. Basically everything except Spoiler and Navigation. Color is dark slate/charcoal leather. I paid $27000 including all fees, taxes and registration (My tax is 8.625% since I live on Long Island, NY). I've been searching for this car for over a month. I paid cash and there was no trade-in. If I took financing I'm sure I could even get a better deal. Anyway, if you're in New York area use my post as a reference to get a good deal. I bought this car at Lynnes Nissan in NJ. MSRP of this car is $27285, invoice is $25207. I only have been driven this car for 80 miles but so far it is very nice and smooth. If you still didn't buy a car, good luck to you!
  • pghaltimapghaltima Member Posts: 19
    you probably could of gotten it for 25300 if you shopped around. You certainly got all the necessary toys.
  • bellabriezbellabriez Member Posts: 2
    I have been looking around for altima 2.5 SL and the best price that I got was $27071 OTD. After reading all of these posts I think that I can do better. Does anyone have any suggestions or is this a fair price. This only with the SL package and does not include the spoiler or wind deflector.
  • divedeepdivedeep Member Posts: 3
    I am in CA and just bought a 2.5 with SL and Connection packages (along with the obligatory floor mats and splash guards) for $25650 out the door. It was about 1K under invoice.
  • railmanerirailmaneri Member Posts: 3
    I bought my 2.5SL FOR $24957.94 OTD and that included the spoiler, the floor mats and mud guards. I KNOW you can get a better deal!!!! This is from Michigan where cars are selling slow so that might be part of the reason for my price. Anyway, got 1800 miles on it and not one problem. The car is fantastic and is great to drive! :)
  • redjackalredjackal Member Posts: 8
    2.5S V4 w/CVT in Precision Grey
    ABS
    Floor/Cargo Mats
    Emergency Kit

$21,137
    San Diego, California
  • jpierrejpierre Member Posts: 14
    Deep Dive, I'm in CA also, I really want a 2.5 SL, what dealership did you go to? I assume it was w/o the Nav, yes?
  • eace2063eace2063 Member Posts: 7
    I just purchased a 2007 3.5SL with spoiler and sunroof deflector. Price before tax $27,107. I paid $350.00 above invoice. This car is awesome! I got it in blue with tan leather interior. It comes prewired with Sirius Sattelite Radio. 270 HP and it rides very smoothly...

It is worth the money!

Oh and the dealer was fantastic! The only time I have ever had a great experience with a car dealer. I purchased through Gregorios Motors in Valley Stream Long Island and the sales women Names is Susan S. The finance guy offered to sell me extended warranteed which I declined but they did not try to hassle me. It was a pretty cut and dry deal. We spoke over the phone and email. I came in with the deposit and all the paperwork was ready for me to sign. They spent 30 minutes going over the car features topped of the gasoline so I had a full tank and off I went.

Good Luck All!

E-man

E-man
    Have you tried car's direct.com?

Supposedly they can find you the car at invoice price.

Give it a shot you have nothing to lose. Its a free service!
    I was quoted $460.00 per 36 month lease with no money down. No down payment or taxes, includes $550.00 NMAC bank fees...
  • adrienneuadrienneu Member Posts: 1
    Ok, I'm clueless when it comes to this game. I am being offered the following deal on a fully loaded 2007 3.5SE CVT with tech/nav package, spoiler..oh and the dealer tinted the windows (big deal huh?) haha

It is the dealer demo and has about 60 miles

$400 a month (includes taxes, charged monthly on a lease in NM - approx $30 - so technically a payment of about $370)
    39 months
    $2000 down
    12,000 miles per year

Does this seem fair compared to what some of you are being quoted?

Thank you for ANY help you can give me!
  • efisefis Member Posts: 5
    I'm in Orange County, CA. I'm going tomorrow to buy a new 2.5S, with nothing but a convenience package and ABS. Pebble Beach gold and charcoal. No emergency kit, no splash guards. I don't know if floor mats are included but I can buy them aftermarket for $57, and my emergency kit is better than theirs already.

Price including destination charge, $20,399. Nissan of Orange. They beat the AAA and Costco car buying service price. I got the quote through the Edmunds service.

I'll post about my experience after it happens.
  • lili1lili1 Member Posts: 44
    1) Dealer has a 270 miles on that car already. Is that considered as a demo?

2) Is it pretty common to find paint job flaw? On one, I find clear coat over a piece of dust at two different parts of the car.
    270 is kind of on the edge. You could argue it and they wouldn't laugh at you, and you might knock the price down a little more. But don't be offended if they don't give you much (like, a hundred $)

It's VERY common. DON'T FIX IT. If you break the seal of the paint it lets the elements in underneath, they'll attack that point after a couple of years make it worse than if you'd let it be.
  • lili1lili1 Member Posts: 44
    Thanks. Broke one already and I better touch it up. Sad!! Paint finish these days with cars below or border line $30,000 is just sad, large metal flicks, no shine, no depth, dirt, and just orange peel finish.
    OK, it was a terrific experience.

The fleet salesman, at Nissan of Orange (california) was casual and knew his stuff. No pressure to upsell - they offered an extended warrentee, but since it was about $2500 to extend the 3 year factory to a 7 year, I passed.

They did include the (universal) floor mats. Everything else was as expected - convenience package and ABS. I'll do an emergency kit and first aid kit myself.

Out the door at $100 LESS than they quoted me on the phone - $20,299. With tax and title, $22234.16

The only thing I didn't like was they wanted a photgraph, and a thumbprint, they said to avoid Identity Theft. I'm OK with that - my dad's identity was stolen, and one thing the moron did was get a loan for a car in my dad's name. Idiot. It's the one thing in life that always has a paper trail and visibil ID on the outside. But I was paying CASH.

Which leads me to the thing I REALLY, REALLY didn't like. Before they'd take my check, they made me submit to a credit check - full SSN, referenes, all three . I was tempted to turn them down, and come back monday with an envelope full of 100's, but they claimed they had to do it per state regulations, to not take money from people who are laundering it.

I backed down, but I'm not happy about it.

The deal, though, I'm very happy with, and the car drives like a dream. 32 mpg so far.
  • whitewandererwhitewanderer Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I'm new to the car buying scene; I've always had older cars and only bought one from a lot when I was 15 (1992 Stanza w/85k miles). I have been doing research on the Altima, and I know it is the car for me. I went to a dealer today (in Milwaukee, WI) and spent about 5 hours talking, driving, and bartering about the price. This is the deal that they gave me:

2007 Altima 4 Cyl w/ CVT
    + Convenience Package (with power wheels, not the alloy package)
    + ABS
    + Floor Mats

The MSRP for the car from the info I have is 22435, which matches what the Nissan site gave me.

Their offer is 21199, without tax, title, license. The invoice price on Edmunds give me $19739, a difference of $1460.

Am I getting a good deal, or should I look for something sweeter?

Any help/insight would be most appreciated.

Thank you! :)
    That's exactly the car and options that I bought this morning for $20,299. (See my post right above yours)

If you're an AAA or Costco member, use their car buying service, that will get you to about $20,800. I got an email offer of $20,600 from the Edmunds "multiple quotes" system.

But when I run that car and options through Edmunds, I get an invoice price of $20,910, and an MSRP 22,445. I'm in So. Cal., but I get the same thing when I enter a Milwaukee zip code. So I have no idea why the difference.
  • mastersaigonmastersaigon Member Posts: 3
    I got the same exact options on my Altima I bought last month. After giving my local dealership price quotes from other surrounding dealerships, they were able to offer me $21,000 + tax. The lowest price I received was 20,799 at a dealership about 2.5 hours away, but it was after I already signed at my dealership. I figured the time and expense it took to go get the car, it wasn't really worth it.

I think you just shop around by email with other surrounding Nissan dealerships and get their best Out-the-Door price and let them outbid each other.

Mine is super black with charcoal cloth interior. Love it! :)
  • leotskleotsk Member Posts: 13
    Can you please tell be the name of the dealerships in Boston area you dealt with?
    I am living 120 miles away from Boston and looking for buying a Nissan Altima 2007 2.5S and don't like to deal with Local dealer here. Currently driving 2005 Altima on lease from IRA Nissan, tried to talk to them through phone and they are not ready to give me any price through phone. They are asking me to visit the show room and I hate to be in a car dealership.
  • jd10013jd10013 Member Posts: 779
    Use the internet. Most dealers websites list the prices. Just email the sales manager and negotiate that way. Do all your haggling online and when you go to the dealership, It will just be a matter of test driving and signing on the dotted line.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    In new jersey i got a quote from route 1 auto mall for 17985
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    In new jersey i got a quote from route 1 auto mall for 17985 that is over 500 below invoice, and a 3.9 financing for 60 months. i am not really interested into this car, since i think the camry and accord are much better, however the altima will be my third option. i just wanted to post this since i always get good internet delas from them, and i thought this would be helpful for many.
    is to note that i am not even "trying to negotiate with them" they just e-mail me every now an then. i have'nt been following up on this particualr forum and i don't know if this would be a good deal. i am just hoping it helps
  • leotskleotsk Member Posts: 13
    I looked at camry, before take any decision check the user reviews in msn/yahoo auto site. suspect some design issue with the drives/dash board.
  • customer1customer1 Member Posts: 1
    I purchased a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL yesterday, ABS, mats, deflector, splash guard and emergency kit. $23,195 +TTL.

I never spoke with a salesmen during the negotiation process. All of my negotiations were via email. Sure, the dealers tried to call and talk to me but I purposely ignored all voice mails.

Some of the dealers won't give you offers via email. They want you to come in and "visit". I prefer not to deal with those dealerships - I prefer not to deal with the hard sell tactics and I don't want to waste my time haggling.

I had one dealer claim that they would beat any offer I got by $500. Then, when I gave them my offer price they said they wanted a signed buyer's agreement from the other dealer before they would, supposedly, give me the $500 off deal. I told them that the only dealership I was going to visit was the one that I was going to buy from, the one that provided me the best pre-negotiated price before I ever walked in the door. I wasn't willing to go on some wild goose chase to get another dealers signed buyer's agreement - my time is more important than that !! That dealership never did give me a price quote via email.

The initial "best price" offers that I did receive via email were good offers but, as I found out, it was not their best. Once I had what I felt was the best offer (the offer that other dealerships would not respond to when I asked if they could beat it !!), that's when I called the Internet Sales Manager and told him I was coming in.

- It took me less than 90 minutes at the dealership from the time I walked in the door until I was driving the new Altima home. This included getting approved for Nissan financing at 5.9%. The dealer already had the car cleaned up prior to my arrival.
  • usamkausamka Member Posts: 4
    Hi there - Just doing my homework and noticed your great deal. Was $24, 538 your Out the Door price including TTL?

Thanks so much - very excited about these cars!!

:)
  • poorprofpoorprof Member Posts: 124
    What dealer?
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    I purchased a 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL yesterday, ABS, mats, deflector, splash guard and emergency kit. $23,195 +TTL.

I really hope you purchased a 2007 for that price?!?!I would guess you didn't get the connection pkg....
  • samboysamboy Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am in the market for a 3.5SL with VDC. Can anyone share their purchase experiences and quotes? I am based in San Jose, CA but am willing to travel anywhere within CA to pick up the car if the price break is good.

Thanks in advance for your time and inputs.
  • glozaetaglozaeta Member Posts: 4
    Like I said I got my 3.5 loaded up for 29,600 in napa. I dont know if this is the trim or pice level you're looking for but thats what I got. The santa rosa dealer had one at the time i bought, he offered me 29,800. It was loaded, you can see if they have another one or if they'll match the price on something they currently have in stock.
  • divedeepdivedeep Member Posts: 3
    Family Nissan in RSM. Yes, w/o the Nav, but everything else.
  • plagwateplagwate Member Posts: 24
    Received an offer today on a new 2007 Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S
    Pebble Beach/Charcoal Cloth
    Convenience Plus Pkg
    Anti-Locking Brakes
    Splash Gaurds
    Floor Mats
    MSRP-$23,665
    INTERNET PRICE-$21,744

Of course I'd really like the auto-dimming rearview mirror with Homelink but it's not available post-factory. The dealer found a similar car at another dealer that he can trade with that has the mirror. However, it doesn't include Anti-Lock Brakes. Guess I can't have everything. **shrug** Both cars are comparably priced below invoice. Good deal?
    :confuse:
  • seminole4seminole4 Member Posts: 2
    Trying to deal for an 07 3.5 fully loaded with the exception of NAV

MSRP of 30715 Invoice of 28099 Can't seem to get any of 3 dealers to go under invoice. What's the trick? I keep pressing for 27,500 but cant get any better than 28100. Am I being too greedy?
    I'd be surprissed if you were able to get a dealer to go under invoice. It's not that your greedy, just that the altima is selling well. the dealer won't feel a need to go under invoice to get it off the lot. But who knows, you might get lucky.
  • garygambgarygamb Member Posts: 1
    Live in OKC and went to Hudiberg Nissan today and here's how we made out.

2007 2.5S -- Maroon with Charcoal Leather:
    SL Package
    Tech Package
    ABS
    Rear Spoiler
    Fog Lamps
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats with Hooks

MSRP of around $29,200
    Price Paid was $26,901

TMV said invoice with those options is $26,980 which means we got it for $79 under TMV invoice price. Dealer said it was $100 over invoice. Don't know if that is true or not, but we still feel pretty good about it.

Dealer did not have exactly what we wanted in stock, so they are locating one for us. Should have it in a couple of days. In the mean time, they gave us a 2007 2.5S as a loaner.
    It's pretty good, you might be able to get it for a couple of hundred less, but not more than that. I'd take it. I'd rather have ABS than the mirror.
  • plagwateplagwate Member Posts: 24
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S
    Pebble Beach/Charcoal Cloth
    Convenience Plus Pkg
    Rear Spoiler
    Auto-dimming Rearview Mirror
    Splash Gaurds
    Floor Mats
    MSRP-$24,005
    OTD Price (including tax, tag & title)-$23,914

Short of ABS, this unit is equipped exactly the way I want it. Hopefully I won't get screwed on my trade.
  • trumpetrtrumpetr Member Posts: 1
    Jay Wolfe in Kansas City

2.5 S
    SL Package
    Connection package with Sirius
    Splash Guards
    Floor Mats
    ABS
    Sonoma with Blond Leather.

MSRP: $26,565
    Invoice: $24,643
    Negotiated Price: $24,000
    Doc Fee (sucks): $299
    College Grad discount: -$500
    OTD Price: $23,799
  • pbhagatpbhagat Member Posts: 8
    2007 Nissan Altima 2.5S with CVT (includes destination charges)
    $19,102.00 + tax and license

I'm in SoCal. Is this a good deal? Thanks in advance.
  • bill_dingbill_ding Member Posts: 6
    2007 3.5SE w/CVT
    Premium Package
    VDC
    Splash Guards
    Floor & Trunk Mats

MSRP: 30,735
    Invoice: 28,168
    OTD Price: ~27500
    sounds like a very good deal. I paid 19,400 for mine and that didn't included destination, floormats/splash guards. with those two charges it came out to 20,400 + 500 for gap insurance for a total of 20,900.
  • sunspa14sunspa14 Member Posts: 2
    In a few states, including California, the Altima is available as a hybrid. It has the engine from the Camry hybrid. It's fairly new, I've only seen one on the roads here in Southern Cal. Anyone have a buying experience with the hybrid version? The local dealer quoted me on one in stock at the published invoice price of $23,515 without the connection package I want ($1,600 under MSRP). It always scary buying one of the first models of anything, but with the Toyota engine, sounds like a reasonable risk. Thoughts?
  • greanpea68greanpea68 Member Posts: 1,996
    The Altima Hybrid is only being sold in 8 states. California,New Jersy, New York, Maine, New Hampshure, Massachussets, Conneticut, Rhode Island. you shouldn't be scared about buying one, Nissan did a lot of research on this to get it right the first time. $1600 under MSRP sounds like a great deal. You will get a tax credit of $2350.00 for the year you buy it. There will be less than 60,000 made per year so people will qualify for the tax credit. Also I wouldn't wait to long because of the fast success Nissan is having with them they have already raised the MSRP on the car about $500. Good Luck and enjoy!!!!
  • usamkausamka Member Posts: 4
    Hey all - Just got a quote and I am so NOT the savvy buyer so I'd love any and all input on this offer:

2007 ALTIMA 2.5 S 4DR AUTO

BW9-G
    MAJESTIC BLUE, CHARCOAL LEATHER

MSRP
    BASE $20,300

ABS $300
    ANTI-LOCK BRAKING

COX $1,200
    CONNECTION W/XM

EAP $140
    EMERGENCY AID PAC

FLO $170
    MATS WITH HOOKS

SGD $130
    SPLASH GUARDS

SLP $3,850
    SL PACKAGE

Freight Charge $615

Total $26,705

Dealer quoted $24,741 Net. (exclude tax & lic.)

Any thoughts?

Thanks!