Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Nissan Altima Owners: Photo Gallery

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Nissan
You cannot upload photos directly from your computer into a message within a discussion. Your photo must reside elsewhere. Some have used free photo hosting sites (www.ofoto.com/, www.fototime.com, www.clubphoto.com) to load their photos into a private folder and then post them within a message.

Here's how:

To get this:

Use this coding, but replace the ( and ) with < and >:

(img src="http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com/pictures/123085.jpg")

Or: (img src="Photo URL address")

To make your photo a link like this:

do this:

(a href="Page URL address")(img src="Photo URL address")(/a)

Remember, posting copyrighted photos is a no-no. Unless, of course, you own the copyright.

Hope this helps! If you need more assistance, please let me know.

KarenS
Host
Owner's Club

Comments

• aftyafty Member Posts: 499
    Here are some pics of my Altima 3.5SE. It's two weeks old now, and I'm loving every minute I get to drive it.

• otoluvaotoluva Member Posts: 196
    Wt a beauty,enjoy it.If you dont mind what options does it have and what did you pay for it?
    Thanks for the compliment. I am definitely enjoying my new car. I can't wait to finish the break-in period so I can see how quick she really is!

It's a 3.5SE, silver exterior/charcoal cloth interior, with manual transmission, sunroof, Bose stereo, xenon headlights, spoiler, floor mats, microfilter, and splash guards (which haven't been put on yet). MSRP was $26,521, and I paid $24,500 plus $140 documentation fee, $80 title and tag fee, and 5% sales tax, for a total just under $26,000.

Hope this helps.
  • 1969iggy1969iggy Member Posts: 17
    ...only automatic, and no Xenon headlights...
  • mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Now that you've had the car for almost a year now, any comments on reliability, problems, or anything else you'd like to say on it?
    Wow, it has been almost a year now. Scary. :)

I'm still pleased with my Altima. Mechanically, the car has been perfect. No engine problems, no oil burning, no chassis problems. I did have to deal with a few first-year quirks, however: the ignition coils were poorly shielded, causing radio static, and there was a recall for the airbag sensors back in June. Both items were fixed under warranty.

My main complaint about this car is the interior (surprise surprise). Many of the parts used are cheap, and durability is suspect. For example, my cupholder lid broke about a month ago, and my shift boot, which is made of very thin vinyl, has ripped twice. Nissan will fix them under warranty, but my previous Nissan went 8 years without either of these problems and cost half as much as the Altima. The interior is laid out very well IMO, it's just that the materials are subpar. Supposedly the '03 Altima has improved in this area.

The above paragraph may make it sound as though I don't like the car, but that is not true. I consider my interior complaints to be minor. Like I said above, mechanically the car has been flawless, and that is what really matters.

The driving experience of the Altima is great. It is really fun to drive: the engine is strong and smooth, and the handling is quite good for such a large sedan. The Altima urges you to have fun in a way that other cars in this class don't. In their recent family sedan review, Car and Driver said of the Altima, "Are family cars this far south of $40,000 allowed to be this much fun?", and I fully agree.

So those are my impressions after 1 year. Let me know if you have any more questions and I'd be glad to help out.

And since this is a photo gallery, here is a picture of me doing a high performance driver's education event at New Hampshire International Speedway a few weeks ago. It was my first track event and I had a great time!

• mazda6smazda6s Member Posts: 1,901
    Thanks for the update. I was waiting for the Mazda 6s (can you tell?), but option combos have just been released and they're incredibly stupid. Of course if you want an auto with leather it's no problemo. It's much worse than the Altima combos for 2002, and I can't get even close to what I want. So, I'm thinking of a 3.5SE-MT, Crystal Blue with Charcoal, with SAB/ABS Pkg, Floor Mats, Splash Guards, and In-cabin Microfilter. According to the web site you can get it this way, but it may require a factory order, because I haven't seen any this way. MSRP is $24225, so should be able to get it for $23000, maybe less. I see you have about the same in Silver/Charcoal, minus the SAB/ABS Pkg. Any thoughts?

Yea, "high performance driver's education event", that's the ticket!
    I've been following the 6 forum here and have seen the gnashing of teeth over the option packaging. It's too bad Mazda is limiting the buildable combos so much, because it looks like they have a great car on their hands. I'm going to an auto show this weekend and am looking forward to seeing it in person.

My Altima actually has more equipment than the one you mentioned. I do have the SAB/ABS package, along with the Bose stereo, sunroof, xenon headlights, spoiler, floor mats, microfilter, and splash guards. I didn't particularly want the xenons or spoiler, but the dealer gave me a good deal.

Your config sounds good. The Crystal Blue color looks really nice, and I think the charcoal interior looks best. But I wouldn't be surprised if you did have to order it. For some reason, MT Altimas with the SAB/ABS package are hard to come by, or at least they were when I was shopping.

I think you can do a little better than you expect on pricing. Even last year when I bought I was able to get within $500 of invoice. You should be able to do at least as well since supply has caught up with demand.

"High performance driver's education event," indeed! I think they call it that so that normal insurance will still cover it, since racing is excluded from most policies. Anyhow, it was fun to see what my car could do on a track. My instructor drove it for a few laps and did things I wouldn't have thought possible. :)
  • exbyexby Member Posts: 11
    Ford has been notorious for adding huge amounts of $$ onto their cars with ridiculous option packages. I wouldn't expect mazda to be any different considering it's owned by ford. Now back to the Altima.....!!
  • cjs2002cjs2002 Member Posts: 341
    I'm thinking about getting an 03 Altima 3.5 SE with the Auto trans. yet there is one problem, I'd like to have leather, but I can't afford to go up the price scale... someone in another post suggested that I go into getting the dealership to install after market leather, (some said it was cheaper.) do ya'll have any advice about this.. I was gonna get the 2.5 S but I wanted the bigger engine... any suggestion
  • slov98slov98 Member Posts: 112
    almost 2 years now...any new updates?
    Well, I took the Altima on a 5000-mile road trip this past summer, and it performed beautifully. The Altima is really a great road-trip car: seats are comfy, ride is very good on the highway, and you've got plenty of power for passing. Had no car problems the whole way, so the Altima gets a gold star for that.

On the negative side, my Altima has developed a squeak somewhere on the driver's side of the car. It sounds like an engine belt, not an interior squeak. It's pretty annoying, and I'm going to have my dealer look at it next time I take the car in.

Other than that, not much to say. My Altima continues to chug along mostly without incident.
  • ifuxwituzifuxwituz Member Posts: 1
    hey i just got a new 2005 nissan altima 2.5_S and as soon as i got in the car the inside luks ALOT better then the older models and i didnt wait for the break in process i just broke it in (literally) i abused this car so much for the week i had it and "ALLIE" runs like a charm i love this car the more i drive it the more i like it and the steering wheel luks PHAT im gonna put a cold air intake into it and also a exaust system because i really dont like restrictions.
This discussion has been closed.