Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Expedition Accessories and Modifications

13»

Comments

• cougltcouglt Member Posts: 2
    i have the same vehicle that we bought used from a dealer. my wife and i discovered that it had a chip on the module that holds the chip when that module went out and had to be replaced. the dealer told us that the installation of the superchip voided the warranty of the powertrain module, which is something like 80,000 miles. even though i fought it telling them that aftermarket parts don't void warranties, they stood their ground. i contacted the dealer i bought it from and had them pay half of the $600 for a new powertrain module since they failed to detect the chip and disclose it to us.

now, did the chip cause the failure of the module? probably not but i can definitely tell you that there is zero difference in the vehicle now that the chip is not there. save your money and spend it elsewhere.

after taking out the chip i put it on ebay and made $80 about as fast i had ever made $80 before. so, there's obviously a market for it....
  • rlynch1rlynch1 Member Posts: 1
    This must be some sort of super-secret information because I've been looking and can't seem to find it online anywhere :-) And no one seemed to post anything here. I'm trying to get at the sub-woofer in 98 expedition. Can someone outline how to go about this? Or point me to some instructions online?
  • seamus8seamus8 Member Posts: 1
    Has anyone seen an Expedition EL with a front bench seat? I am interested in the 9-passenger version of the EL with the front bench seat, but cannot find any pictures, brochures, etc. from Ford or anyone else. My main question is whether the middle seat has a shoulder seat belt.

Any thoughts?

Thanks.

Seamus8
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    No new retail Expeditions or Expedition ELs are available with a front bench seat cause that is where the shifter is.

And you can forget about buying the police package.

Mark.
  • rob052067rob052067 Member Posts: 8
    Mark, your comment is not accurate. The split bench seat is standard on 2008 XLT models and it comes with a column shift. However, it's pretty much a custom order, as nearly all dealer orders come are configured with front bucket seats. (With the 2007 model, it was the reverse: buckets standard, and split bench was a late-availability option). The front split bench seats are available only on the XLT model (excluding fleet orders).

As for pictures, Seamus8, I've looked everywhere and have not found any anywhere. I'm ordering an XLT with the front bench seat (I'm a big/tall guy and the center console with the bucket seats bothers my right leg), so I'll post pictures when I get a chance.
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    Well you must be reading a different order guide then the one I just downloaded from the Ford dealer only website dated 1/3/2008 which states that the split bench with column shifter is optional. Look for trim codes ML, MC, or MW.

Mark
  • luvinitluvinit Member Posts: 2
    It's interesting that there's been no answer to this technical question- unless I've missed it. (Re ability to modify '99 Expedition from 4AWD to 2WD via a single wire alteration which is apparently possible on some Explorers & F-Series Pickups). If someone knows, I would sure be interested. This query was initially posted as message #73.
  • jmears8jmears8 Member Posts: 1
    Hi All, I just bought a 2007 Expedition XLT without Daytime Running Lights, however I would like to have them. I read an article found on a Google search by a gentleman who found his 2000 F150 was manufactured with all the wiring necessary for DRLs and gave information as how to remove a jumper and plug in the DRL module This is for a 1999 and newer F150. Might there be a similar fix for my 2007 Expedition?? My local ford dealer told me the after market DRL kit was no longer available from Ford.
  • ronniereynoldsronniereynolds Member Posts: 1
    I live in South Florida and Sawgrass Ford refused to replace my 2003 Ford Expedition's front bucket seats with a bench.

They said I might want to try a private "pimp my ride" kind of place, but the dealer will not do such modifications.

I really need space for a 9th passenger. Anyone else replace bucket seats with a bench. How much did it cost? Who do I call to get this done? Anyone recommend someone in South Florida for this work?
  • stan58stan58 Member Posts: 9
    have 05 expedition with a switch I can't find out what fer.
    It is an on-off switch located in the tray in front of the cup holders in console. I guess its for an option i dont have but would like to know what its for. the ford people dont know but whats new with that.
    Thanks
    Fuz
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    The dealer is probably concerned with liability (or their insurance company is). The bucket brackets and floor pan holes may not match the bench seat hardware so there could be an increased risk of seat failure in the event of an accident.

But a body shop may be willing to try something, or maybe there's a van conversion kind of place around with experience doing this kind of mod.
  • bfsgrossbfsgross Member Posts: 2
    you may have the optional traction control feauture (installed)?
  • bfsgrossbfsgross Member Posts: 2
    jc penny sells a 2 1/2 lift kit for 2005 expedition. anyone install a small lift kit on 2003-2005 expedition?
  • flyinghigh2flyinghigh2 Member Posts: 7
    I have the 99 Expedition XLT 4 X 4 and I have a nice third row seat( beige? cloth) that isn't doing me any good and would be willing to sell it to someone that can use it. I don't have kids and, just me, my wife and the parents go out. My kids are grown and gone. Is there a FOR SALE forum here? Scott TheNascarDude@aol.com
  • tidestertidester Member Posts: 10,059
    No, we don't have a for sale forum. You can get some tips on selling in Questions About Private Sale Transactions or Prepping Your Used Vehicle for Sale, for example. Also, be sure to check out our How to sell your car. page.

tidester, host
    SUVs and Smart Shopper
  • flyinghigh2flyinghigh2 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks, I will try that. It is just taking up valuable space. Scott
  • lashleroux15lashleroux15 Member Posts: 11
    Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to remove the center console between the front bucket seats in a 2007 XLT? I'm installing a video screen, DVD head unit in the dash and a backup camera. I would like to get into the center console and tap the stock AUX inputs so they can be routed into the new radio's AUX inputs. THis way the RCA jacks facing the back seat will still work (I'll actually use one for video & the other for audio) so a game system, etc. could be plugged in. I'm using a Metra XSVI-5520-Nav harness to wire in the new radio. Are the aux inputs still available on that if you're aware of it?

Any help is appreciated. I haven't found any center console info on the 'net. And I am referring to accessing/opening the center console itself, not the front panel around the radio in the dash, etc.
  • tonymendeztonymendez Member Posts: 7
    its for traction control.
This discussion has been closed.