Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• maudlin2001maudlin2001 Member Posts: 37
    in south florida.
    MSRP 28300 for the Camry Hybrid LE with stupid options (toyota guard elite/ carpet mats/ tinting)
    Residual 66%
    MF is 0.00147
    OTD: 0 down +35 payments of 306/mo all inc
    I did buy the excess wear and tear ($19/mo)

Your price is very good I would say based on MSRP plus if you indeed decide to buy, you only pay 61%.
  • car_buyer_2013car_buyer_2013 Member Posts: 8
    edited July 2013
    Is the 18500 inclusive of the destination fee of $795?

States like VA charge high dealer fee. How much is the dealer fee in your area?

How much is the tax in your state?
  • erudite007erudite007 Member Posts: 2
    Yes, $18,500 includes the destination charge. The dealer fee was $499 and tax was $1,412. Again, this is for a bare boned 2013 Camry LE with just driver power seat and carpet mats. No other bells and whistles (navigation, back-up camera, moonroof, etc.)

Taxes in Georgia are high for cars. Sales tax for general items is 6% and I paid 8% effective tax for my Camry.

I think I could have saved another $300-$500 if I had more time. I would have ended up renting a car for a few days, so it wasn't worth it.
  • somewhat_toughsomewhat_tough Member Posts: 1
    Hope this might be helpful.
    I just bought XLE MSRP 29570 for
    Car price $24,182+ destination +delear fee+ VA tax and title= 26898 with 0 down 0% apr.

Bells and whistles:
    --CONVENIENCE PKG -inc: Smart key system w/push button start rearview camera electrochromic rearview mirror w/compass anti-theft alarm system engine immobilizer HomeLink universal garage door opener
    --LEATHER PKG -inc: leather seats leather door trim w/integrated armrests multi-stage heated front seats front passenger pwr seat
    --NAVIGATION DISPLAY AM/FM STEREO W/CD PLAYER/MP3/WMA CAPABILITY -inc: 6.1" touch screen w/vehicle info aux audio jack USB input w/iPod connectivity & control SiriusXM satellite radio w/(3) months subscription HD Radio w/iTunes tagging Entune (3) years subscription w/Bing & Pandora real-time info for traffic/weather/fuel prices/sports/stocks voice recognition (6) speakers
    --Sun/Moonroof
  • farmer20farmer20 Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2013
    Think I can contribute to this forum about my pleasant experience on buying Camry SE. Yesterday (July 18) I purchased 2013 Camry SE for my son at Sterling McCall Toyota, it was a very nice experience I hope to share here.

Last Saturday’s Houston Chronicle newspaper had an advertisement by Joe Myer Toyota with $5000 off for Camry in SE and XLE model. I contacted Joe Myer Toyota and Alex was very helpful and quick to respond. Unfortunately they did not have a Camry with the option my son likes: SE with leather seat but without sunroof and NAV (nowadays with most kids having smart phones containing GPS, who wants to spend > $1500 for an installed NAV?). We have another two cars at home with sunroofs as standard and have never used them.

So I contacted Sterling McCall Toyota and Mr. Ury Cuellar replied my email promptly. After I described the car with options, he quickly found one which just arrived in their dealership a few days ago as he said. I scheduled an appointment the following day and met Ury after work. I brought the newspaper with me with hope to save the back and forth negotiation time.

The initial discount was about $4000, rebate $1500, $500 for my purchasing a Lexus car at their sister dealership Sterling McCall Lexus in Feb, then $2000 discount from the dealership. I was very firm with $5K discount or clearly said that I would visit another dealership with newspaper if no $5000 discount was available, so after another two back and forths, the deal was sealed with $5000 discount within 20 minutes.

So here is the detail:
    2013 Toyota Camry 4dr Sdn I4 Auto SE
    2.5-liter, 4-cylinder, leather seat, no sunroof, no NAV, with 5 miles.

MSRP: $26,868.00
    Rebate: -$1,500
    Loyal customer: -$500
    Dealer discount: -$3,000
    The final sale price: $21,868
    Plus Tax, Title and License the same amount which everyone in Texas has to pay.
    Road hazard: $698

Did not buy extended warrantee, but road hazard for tire and wheel damage since the road condition in Houston is very challenging for any type of tires including Michelin. This is a very good investment since all of our cars encountered tire damage within one year.

In the end, I found about $60-$80 extra charges like inspection, dealer tax and others added to the final contract. Since the amount was not over $100 and the dealership provided a full tank of gas, I did not questioned.

The final OTD price is about $24,300.

I usually buy car at the end of month, or quarter, but this time it seems Toyota is really giving a huge discount to attract people to buy. We thought about Honda Accord and Nissan Altima. The discount for Corona is $4k, for Tundra is hard to believe: $10k, did not see discount for other models. I wish Camry could have $10K discount. If you plan to buy a Toyota car, I think it is a good time now and the rebate may disappear very soon. Remember to bring a Houston Chronicle Saturday edition with ad of $5000 discount for Camry. This may save you a lot time and saliva. I saw other people had posted here not pleasant experience with Sterling McCall dealerships, but my experience so far is nice for two cars, so at least you should give it a try.
  • emvtimeemvtime Member Posts: 7
    Whenever I check truecar pricing it comes around 20000 before tax and title. Am I missing something.

Who are the dealers I can contact for this kind of price?
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    Dealer negotiation depends on your location. What is your locale?
    Thanks for your response. I am in NJ. Yesterday once I got $18,100 - $18,400 in NJ and NY area but dealer did not honor that price. He told that there is some error on truecar site.
    I am down in Maryland. There is an MD dealer that others and I got excellent OTD price from. NJ is a little way, depending on where in NJ. Best of Wishes.
    I would not mind driving from MD if the difference is in thousands :) what is price you paid other than Tax, Title and Registration.
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hi all, I would like to share my purchasing experience of 13 Camry. Here is a breakdown

msrp: 24,750
    discount: 4,350
    plus TTL and dealer's fee of $390.00.
    OTD is 22,120.00

Floor manager on that day said he could not give 5k off b/c this LE equips with moonroof. I could have done better had I waited or walked away but I went ahead and took the deal. What do you guys think?
    I purchased an XLE from the dealer. I helped another Edmunds fella, he also bought an XLE from the dealer. He was from PA. His local dealers could only come to around $2k more.

The tax is calculated based on the state that you lived in. I bought a 2012 in March of 2012. He bought a 2013 in Aug/Sept of 2013. It took him a little longer because he wanted to look and see if any other dealer could match. He got some bait and switch, and finally gave up and bought a fully loaded.

I paid $26,400 OTD.... List was $29,600 + destination + dealer + tax + title.... I should have waited and get the 2013 (lol). He paid a little more for the fully loaded XLE.
  • shekkharshekkhar Member Posts: 1
    I am buying toyota camery sle with convenience package (cost around 3600$) in ohio with 26000 out of door price, please suggest me if its reasonable deal. I am really confused
  • adamzhaoadamzhao Member Posts: 2
    is this a good deal or not ? just for the basic model, no other options. I am in Alabama.
    You didn't provide much information: example 4cyl/6cyl. Presuming that it's a 4cyl, 2013 basic SE, ALA tax 2%, dealer cash back incentive $1,000.00. It's not a good deal... Good Luck.
    Ohio sales tax 7%, for around $1K more you could get an XLE. That's without Toyota's incentive. Toyota current incentive is $1000.00 so you should be able to get an XLE for a few hundreds more.... negotiate the deal my friend... tell them you want another $500.00 off, you will get it..... send me $100.00.
  • adamzhaoadamzhao Member Posts: 2
    yes . it's a 4 cyl. basic se. the car price is 20900. they charge 499 documentation fee and $500 dealer fee, the tax they said was 4.35%. the total is about 224000. I gave them 21500. but they still didn't want to give it to me
  • whyhellotherewhyhellothere Member Posts: 1
    edited August 2013
    I live in CA (specifically Los Angeles) and am looking for an SE. So far, my lowest offer is $23,956.00 for the SE with convenience package (includes anti-theft alarm, moonroof, navigation, smart start, etc.). This isn't OTD, this is just the lowest price anyone's offered me so far. Edmunds true value calculator states I should be paying around $25,877 before fees, so is this a good deal?

I'm kinda worried, cause the $1000 rebate is ending this Monday, so I want to get this done as quickly as possible.
  • mynewcar2013mynewcar2013 Member Posts: 4
    Hi sukaht,

Did you buy your 2013 Camry LE? If so, what is your final OTD price? or any car buying information in NJ is welcome. I also want to buy a 2013 Camry LE.

Thanks,
    Hi all,

Can anybody provide me some price information for 2013 Camry LE in New Jersey? I got a price from Truecar.com
    $20279 + dealer documentation fee $75 + TTL = $22100.

Is this a reasonable deal?

Thanks!
  • dweletdwelet Member Posts: 2
    Got the basic LE no extras for $19300. This does not include taxes and registration.
    Hi dwelet,

Thank you so much for your response. Your price is much lower than I could get. Could you please tell me the dealer information?

Thanks again.
  • dweletdwelet Member Posts: 2
    I bought in Sedalia, Missouri
    Hi dwelet,

Thanks again. I just got a price quote from a dealer in NJ at $21988 OTD for 2013 Camry LE. This is the lowest one I've got so far. I plan to take it soon.

Best,
  • rman66rman66 Member Posts: 21
    I am looking for a good deal on the fully loaded Camry Hybrid. I live in Seattle, and it is almost impossible to get any deal in this area that is even remotely reasonable. because of this, I am willing to travel out of state to clinch a deal. Any suggestions on the area I need to be looking at?
    thank you.
  • 414027463414027463 Member Posts: 1
    22000 OTD,IL
    edited August 2013
    I received the following quote from a dealer in Seattle area.

2013 Toyota Camry Hybrid XLE with navigation and leather interior navigation, leather interior,
    blind spot monitor, convenience package and sunroof

MSRP $32810
    Invoice $30725
    Internet Quote I receieved is $29385

is this a good deal? How much can I offer for this?

The rear end is so butt ugly though on teh Camry.. Toyota needs to learn something from Nissan
  • bengoshibengoshi Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    -purchased 8/10/13 in Roswell, GA at Toyota dealer
    2013 Toyota Camry LE White, has Leather Seats (beige), no sunroof and no navigation
    -total out the door price including negotiated car price, all state taxes, charges, a $77 payoff of leftover prior loan balance after my trade-in, and dealer fees ($700): $22,097.74
    -financed $22,097 thru Toyota at the dealer: 0 down payment, 3.59% APR + $125 finance fee for 60 months
    -monthly payment (includes $125 finance fee spread out through 60 months): $405.76, no prepayment penalty if I pay off early
    -also includes free oil changes for 25,000 miles or 24 months

Hope this info helps. I don't think I got the best deal I could have gotten, but based on other posts and research it seems fairly reasonable. Spent about 4 hours at the dealer in total.
  • japudejapude Member Posts: 8
    If it is Nalley Toyota, they are cheat.. Never heard of finance fees? With toyota offering 0%, why should they charge 3.59% APR? Credit Unions are better off than these guys. They are Leechers..

I got Camry L in July long weekend for $19,600 OTD including all fees, taxes and title. LE would have been $1000 more.

See if they would buy same Camry from you at price you paid.. There are other dealers in ATL (e.g. Marietta Toyota, World Toyota) which have no dealer fees and matching price.
  • japudejapude Member Posts: 8
    We got base Camry model for $19,600 OTD including all fees and taxes on 7/8/2013. Also included in price were mats and ToyoGuard (complete waste of money according to me. but it was included in the price)..

I think it's a good deal. Better than TreuCar price. Such good deal are still available in ATL area as of now.
    I agree it felt like I could have done better and their fees are very annoying.

Sounds like our prices OTD are about $2,500 apart. Just so I can compare apples to apples, why would the LE in your situation be only $1,000 more than the L that you actually purchased? The LE I purchased has leather seats, electric driver seat 8-way adjustable, seat warmers, is automatic (with no other options as far as I know). Was the LE you were looking similar or did it have cloth seats and less options. Just want to know if they really gave me a bad deal or if perhaps the car I bought has more options? Thank you for sharing your info
    I have seen several ads in Craigslist for $4000 off MSRP on Camry LEs at a local dealer in Seattle.
    Check CL for local deals like this. I think $5K off would be achievable in this model year change.
    edited August 2013
    It boggles my mind that many posters here simply dont get this. No one cares about OTD.. except maybe your neighbor who is also looking for the identical vehicle. If you really want to help us (and we are the thousands of buyers across the nation), dont forget to include MSRP, Invoice (if possible) and the price the dealer quoted you, and if possible the name of the dealer. Forget about tax or how much you got for your trade in, we dont give a rats rear end about that and its a waste of our brain power processing that junk information.
  • wuyilwuyil Member Posts: 9
    Did you count on the $1000 rebate?
  • tomcat21tomcat21 Member Posts: 1
    I got several offers for an 2013 XLE with leather and convenience packages (out the door price is around $25,500). Is that a reasonable price? The dealers told me that if I took the price, I cannot get the toyota 0ARP financing rate. Otherwise, $2,000 will be added back. Is that true?

Thanks.
    A fair point- but I still find OTD relevant. Aside from trade value which I agree would clearly be irrelevant, OTD represents the car price plus all taxes and fees. Its a quick way to have a base of comparison without having to analyze what portion of the amount you pay for the car constitutes fees and what portion is negotiated price off of the MSRP (recognizing that each state has a different tax rate- so I concede its not perfect way to compare).

The dealers work so hard to confuse people by calling a portion of the price a "fee" that you need to lump it all together (price + fees + taxes) and then factor what model/package to have an "apples to apples" or meaningful comparison. A dealer can give you a low price and jack up the fees, or vice versa. They also play around with discounts, interest rates, and cash back etc. to confuse consumers with multiple factors to weigh, all during the emotional and annoying give and take of a sale negotiation. Compounding the difficulty is the myriad of packages and options that are available on a given car- each with its own price. Ugh.
  • abhijeet00abhijeet00 Member Posts: 4
    Dear MD-VA contributors,
    I would appreciate feedback on recent prices paid (OTD excluding taxes) for 2013 Camry LE vehicles. I am interested in a base vehicle with Toyota security (no other accessories) but will appreciate all info on recent purchases.
    Thanks
    SJ
    @abhijeet00 OTD price paid is one thing. To get there achieving the savings is a process, an art by itself. I helped a poster here from PA. He traveled from PA to Rockville MD to buy. Saved $2k when compared to what he could get from PA dealers. PM me to discuss further.... on how to wheel and deal the dealers....
  • abhijeet00abhijeet00 Member Posts: 4
    @gnart - Thanks for the prompt response. I have the discussion going with 4-5 dealers. Of these I had someone from Bill Page and someone from Alexandria Toyota offer me prices. Both prices range between 20,500 - 21,000 OTD. I think I can do better.

Forgive my ignorance but if you clarify what you mean by PM, I could send you the information you suggest.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,760
    We don't have a private message function in our forums.

If we can keep the discussion here, all members benefit from the information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• rays2042rays2042 Member Posts: 1
    I am in South Florida, I am looking to buy a new 2013 Camry SE 4cyl, Dealer is including floor mats, tint, and 3 years of maintenance. I am trading my 2012 Corolla S which I do have negative equity on.
    Msrp 262488 Sale price 22469 and offering me trade 14400. Either 60 @ 0% or 72 @ 1.9%.

No floor mats, tint, extra maintenance.
    Other dealer Msrp 24700 Discount 3382 Sale price 21318 trade 13500 (Payoff is 18425) Total 27765 Either 60 @ 0% or 72 @ 1.9%.

I feel as I can do better can someone help me with input thanks!
  • babucoolbabucool Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I got quote for camry SE ,2013 4 cyl, MO state... with fully loaded like conv,nag,blind spot etc.

MSRP: 29,804$ (includes dest)
    Offered: $25,223 (plus taxes)

Is it a good deal ?
  • polychicpolychic Member Posts: 2
    Depending on where you're at, you should only have to add back in $500 and here's why (here in Arkansas):
    -$1500 cash allowance
    OR
    -$1000 camry subvention cash + 0% APR for 60 months

So if you they offered $25,500, just add in $500 because you still qualify for the $1000 subvention cash.

I've had a dealer say to me what you just posted over an email and then in a totally different email say that I just add in $500 back ... I made him itemize the exact discounts so that I understood which discounts I was getting.
  • polychicpolychic Member Posts: 2
    Here in Arkansas I was quoted $23,985 (MSRP $28,243) with 0% for 60 mos. Payments $399/mo
    Looks like you can get them to shave off at least $2000. I'm still thinking they can get mine lower too :/
  • rvsk1rvsk1 Member Posts: 9
    Looks like good price, can you pl share the dealership, city, state and any additional packages included.
  • newbi2newbi2 Member Posts: 3
    Could you let me know which Toyota dealer in MD you bought your Camry from? I also need a Camry LE asap.

Thanks for your help!
  • wuyilwuyil Member Posts: 9
    355 toyota in Rockville, MD is a good one.
  • newbi2newbi2 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2013
    Thank you! I got E-price $20,821.00 including $750 incentive for 0% interest rate plus taxes, tags and $200 processing charge from this dealer. Is this a good price?
    Wuyuil named the dealer. It's 355 Toyota in MD. They are part of Darcars group but other Darcars Toyota dealers can't beat their price. I bought from them because of their service, just great and straight forward service. What to do? (a) visit 355 website (and others) to see what they have (in stock and coming in), (b) pick your vehicle, (c) email (use fake name) and ask for an OTD quote, (d) visit other dealers to look at your future vehicle. After a few days, you will get a coupon for a few hundreds dollars off offer, tyring to get you in. You may even encounter a\the coupon when you visit the site. Check back and look for the highest value (for me it's $500.00). Finally, go to the dealer to look at the vehicle. If salesman approaches, tell him that you have a saleman already so you can look without being bothered. When you are ready to buy, go to the front desk and ask for the GM. Tell him the professor send you.... he will get you a salesman. Apply Toyota rebate and ask them to honor the coupon after the lowest price. Negotiate the extended warrantly. They took a loss on mine. The finance got had to call the GM at home to get approval (lol). If they offer the service contract get it. I got it on my 2001 and they still change oil, etc... 5 times a year for free, yeah it paid for itself and some. Let me know anything else you need.
    Gnart, The professor
    nguyentd@pgcc.edu
    I didn't catch the options. If it's plain vanilla, you can do much, much better.