Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abhijeet00abhijeet00 Member Posts: 4
    I would recommend that you talk with Koons Toyota of Arlington. They indicated that they have a couple of Camry LEs available at $20,000 plus Tax and Tags.
  • rx2005pickrx2005pick Member Posts: 20
    can u tell me the dealer name ?

I am also trying for the same and i am unable to get from the atlanta area Dealers
  • rhaindarhainda Member Posts: 6
    I have read through some of the previous posts but am unable to figure out what my target should be for the following configurations:
    1. V6 SE
    2. Leather package
    3. Convenience Pkg (CQ),
    4. Blind Spot Monitor w/Lane Assist (BD),
    5. Jbl AM/FM Stereo w/CD Player/MP3/WMA Capability (EJ),
    6. Pwr Tilt/Slide Moonroof (SR).

Also, if the above is not available, I am considering a V6 XLE with Blind spot monitor. What should my target price be?

I am in NC.
    Thanks in advance.
  • btlegacybtlegacy Member Posts: 1
    Picked up a 2013 Camry L in NC
    Includes Floor Mats, Keyless Entry, and since it was the last L on the lot they had already thrown on window tint and the 3M door protection. We took quotes from all the local dealers and kept bringing the price down

Ended up at $17519 which was $18620 OTD
  • kwhartonkwharton Member Posts: 6
    How about this deal:

2013 SE Camry, power seat and mats only.

OTD $22K
    4 years of Toyota maintenance
    5/60K gold Toyota warranty
    0% financing

Good deal or not? (I'm in VA with 4% sales tax and about $65 to tag/title)
    How about this deal:

2013 SE Camry, power seat and mats only.

OTD $22K
    4 years of Toyota maintenance
    5 year/60K gold Toyota warranty
    0% financing

Good deal or not? (I'm in VA with 4% sales tax and about $65 to tag/title)
  • nspattnspatt Member Posts: 16
    Hi,

Not sure if you are still in the market.

Can you post where in South Florida you are located and the details of the dealer that offered this price ?

Its hard to say for sure what you are getting as yours involved trade-in. I got my SE 5 months ago and I can provide some help.
  • gnartgnart Member Posts: 36
    If it's at 355 Toyota in Rockville (I like their service), tell them you want the platinum service for the same price or ask if they would offer lower a little (like $500.00). They probably haggle you for $25.00 for the platinum maintenance. They took a loss on my platinum, 7/125K for a little over $600.00 (don't tell them that I provide the cost here). If your current offer is not from 355, go to 355 front desk and tell them your professor (or the professor) send me, and work the deal. I teach at a college, I send a few graduates (and others) there. They think everyone that I send are students.... not too much money so they offer great deals.... Hope it works out for you. I figure if they count students as volume buy they would offer good deals. Sof far they have not disappointed. Post your success here.
    No it is not 355 it is McGeorge in Richmond, but I will ask about the Platinum warranty for 7/125. Other than that, good deal or should I haggle some more.
  • wuyilwuyil Member Posts: 9
    The price is hard to beat in MD
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to speak to a car shopper who would rather use the internet to do most of their shopping than go to the dealership showroom. If this is you, and you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact information to pr@edmunds.com no later than EOB Wednesday, September 11, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• mrgodaimrgodai Member Posts: 5
    anyone in South Florida want to do a group buy on Camry?
  • micallenmicallen Member Posts: 3
    I am looking at a 2013 LE Camry MSRP = 25,148 (Ohio). Options include 17" Alloy wheels, side moldings, and 8-way adjustable seats. We do not want/care about the wheels or adjustable seats - but do want the side molding (which is not available on most of the other Camry's locally in Ohio where we live). What would be a good sales price for this LE Camry (with noted options)? Do the dealers figure in the $1000 rebate as part of the sales price - or does this rebate get mailed to you directly?
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    You can have any dealer add the body side molding. Cost of the parts plus an hour of labor.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    If you're shopping for a new car and are under 5’2” or over 6’2” please email PR@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information no later than Friday, September 13, 2013 to be interviewed by a reporter.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

side moulding is less than $100 on ebay and it's just taped on. very easy DIY.

from reading through the thread, base model of LE can be had under $20000 out the door almost everywhere.
    at 5% tax rate, I get $20590 OTD for 2013 Camry L.
    I don't think it is good price but I don't know how to negotiate with the dealer. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2013
    Looking everywhere for a Camry Hybrid. Found a 2012 XLE with Nav, moonroof, leather, dual pwr seats and heaters with 18000mi for around 24K, not certified, but has 2 years of warranty left.... That price is getting up there, closer to new ( with less options of course)...opinions?
    Look for my posts.... easy negotiation without having to deal with salesman.
  • mastergunnera8mastergunnera8 Member Posts: 23
    edited September 2013
    Who is the person you refer "students" to? Buying very soon...

Thanks!!
    I got a quote from them just now for a 2013 Camry L, it is nearly off MSRP 5K, however, OTD is about 21K. It seems a very tricky Quote.
  • auto203auto203 Member Posts: 4
    I got final offer price of $22211 (after $750 rebate with 0% APR), tax-6%, tag/title-$299, processing -$200) for 2013 Camry SE 4 Cyl with Moonroof and Navigation which has MSRP 26,825. On the road price is $24,100.

Is it a good deal?

Please let me know your suggestions or your price for the same model car.

Thanks
    With all of the rebate, you should be able to negotiate it lower. Is it with 355 Darcars in Rockville?

Gnart
    nguyentd@pgcc.edu
    No. They don't want to go below 24,100. 355 toyota don't have the color that I am looking.

Is anyone bought 2013 SE 4 CYL with Power Moonroof and Navigation car in Maryland and Virginia area.
  • mwycamwyca Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a base model camry hybrid LE in Northern CA (bay area). I don't know what's the price that I should aim for.

I did some price quote on the internet, got an actual quote from a dealer for $23,488+TTL. The MSRP is $27,175. Is it a fair price? After the calculation, the OTD price is $26,060. Did the dealer do any tricks on the calculation?

Anyone purchased similar car recently, please advise. Thanks in advance.
    The 355 Darcars gave me 21062 OTD for 2013 Camry L with finance. While, Jim Coleman Toyota in Bethesda, MD gave me 20676 and Koons Tysons Toyota gave me 20754.
    Interesting... first time that I see 355 Darcars higher than others. How did you go about negotiating with 355 Darcars? I guessed to be slightly below or around $20K from them. Let's know how it goes for you.
    Another dealer offered to give lower than OTD $24,100 2013 SE 4 CYL with Power Moonroof and Navigation car which has MSRO $26,825. This car has around 200 miles and getting this car from another dealer through dealr exchange/transfer (going to have around 300 miles).

Is it noraml miles on new car?

Is ok consider this Car?

Do I need to check/cosnider anything?

Please suggest me.

Thanks
    200 miles is an indication that it sits on the lot for awhile. I don't buy dealer exchange unless I go to the dealer where the car sit and inspect the car. Dealer exchange has the transport cost associate with it. The potential buyer usually bear this cost. It locks in the buyer before seeing the vehicle. Many dealers (i.e. Toyota in Cherry Hills) do not have the space, so they cramp the vehicles into tight spaces. These "new" vehicles are full of knicks and dents, which they cover up before selling. Once, I negotiated a deal over the Internet and went to the dealer early to inspect the car. The "new" vehicle had a cracked bumper. Their body shop was puttying and getting it ready for painting.... needless to say, I didn't buy the car. Just my two cents.....
    I emailed back and forth to Noel and Santiago. The best price from them I get is $20,521 for a based 2013 Camry L.
    The best price I get is $20,056 from Alexandria Toyota in VA.
    200 miles is way too high for a new car. That is a 'new' DEMO car you are looking at. Meaning the car that's been driven by everyone else at dealer.

I don't know where you are, but I probably wouldn't pay more than $21000 OTD.
  • doso1doso1 Member Posts: 1
    Got OTD of $21300 for 13 LE. Is this reasonable?
    Dealer says I should add $2000 in order to get the 0 APR from TFS. Is this the case?
    Thank you!
    They should add $250 to final offer price for 0% APR with TFS. TFS offer is $750 rebate with 0% APR for 5 years or if you don't finance or not 0%, rebate is $1000. 355 toyota offered 13 LE for OTD of $20,6xx (VA tax). during labor day weekend. there was $750+$500 rebates at that time.
    Finally, I purchased a Camry L from Alexandria Toyota in VA. The OTD is 20,066.50
    I paid 2066.50 from my credit card and they said they would send the bill before Nov. The monthly payment is $300 for 60 months.
    Thanks everyone!
  • bigbutrbigbutr Member Posts: 111
    Went to look at a 2013 Camry Hybrid today. Went in with my numbers based on what I have seen here and with Truecar pricing and was told I was way off. Said you can't use the dealer cash on a lease. The Truecar price is based on a purchase, which is why it was so low and included the $2,000 dealer cash.
    I am a bit skeptical on this since nearly every other deal I have ever done when there was dealer cash there was no issue when doing a lease. I haven't been able to find anything on the Toyota website that has that restriction. Was the dealer trying to pull one over or is this legit?
  • yourfriend1yourfriend1 Member Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I negoatiated a 2013 Toyota camry Hybrid XLE, with Navigation and backup camera.
    26,000 Price for car,
    800 Dealer Fee
    +tax+title and tag. which came around 29000 OTD with 1.9% APR.

do you think it is a good deal.
    I asked dealer 0% APR at this price, he said I should add 2000 to base price.

I turned down the offer. do you think its a good deal?
  • cpmdcpmd Member Posts: 13
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a 2014 Camry SE. Possibly a base model, but if I can get a good deal on one with navigation and moonroof, that would be great. Generally speaking, does anyone know when there will be additional rebates (i.e. is there a trend when Toyota gives additional rebates)?

Has anyone purchased a '14 SE recently? If so, can you please give a detailed purchase description, as well as location? I'm located in the Midwest, and I don't mind driving to get a good deal, thanks!
  • rvsk1rvsk1 Member Posts: 9
    I just got call from Texas Toyota Grapevine( Dallas -Tx) that they are ready to give Toyota Camry SE 2014 model for $22500 (out the door)with no add ons. is this good Price? Pl reply.
    What's the MSRP?
  • rvsk1rvsk1 Member Posts: 9
    To be honest, I've just started looking for '14 Camry SE. Did you get a recent graduate rebate or any other rebate in this price?
  • kenny75042kenny75042 Member Posts: 1
    Could you give me the name of the person that gave you that quote? I'm looking at buying a 13-14 camry in Dallas area. I'll update here if I get any good quote.
  • ncalerncaler Member Posts: 14
    I brought a 2012 Camry LE 2 years ago and it included 2 years, 25k miles maintenance. Now, the 2 years is up and they are offering 2 more years up to 45k miles routine maintenance for $299. What do you think of the price?

They say the 30k service would cost over $250.
  • cartfamilycartfamily Member Posts: 2
    I just closed a deal for se sport 2014 after got quotes from every dealer in the area. MSRP $26125,the invoice they all gave me is 24800, but I used Costco invoice which is 23800, I negotiated down to 23500+TTL -500 rebate- 750 student recent graduate plus 0% 60 months. Good deal? I am in Seattle area
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    The list is in your owner's manual of what maintenance needs to be done and when. They say 30k service is over $250?? Well, the only thing you need is oil & filter change, rotate tires, change engine air filter, and cabin air filter. That's it, and it is MUCH less than $250. By the way, the cabin air filter part costs $15 from a dealer, and takes about 3 minutes to install. The directions are in the owner's manual - VERY easy for anyone to do. I hear dealers charge $50 for this!! The engine air filter is a 5 minute job, about $18 part cost, but dealer probably charges at least $50 for this too.

Add up the costs for doing two oil & filter changes, and both cabin and engine air filters. The original tires that came on the car will need to be replaced by 40k miles, so add the cost of only one or two more rotations.
    What package did it have? Convenience package? moonroof? navigation? What options?
  • helpmerobhelpmerob Member Posts: 1
    One week ago, I managed to talk one dealer down to $27,000 for the "basic" 2014 Camry XLE V6. This is the high end Camry model without the upgraded sound, and without the blind spot monitor. (The only two upgrade options available on this model).

They came down to 27,350 while in the showroom, but I was insistent at 27k even, and walked out the door when the manager told me they could not come down to that price.

Flash forward a few hours, and the dealer calls me back, and after trying to get me to come up a bit, conceded and said that they would sell me the car at 27k if I came back.

I was at another dealership when I received the call, who matched it, and since I have very good credit, gave me this price and 0.0% financing for 60 months. (I would have paid cash, if I had not gotten that rate)

I might have been able to push this price down farther, with the two dealers competing for my business if I had more time, but I needed to get rid of my trade in ASAP, as the car has been having transmission issues that it is expected will be expensive to fix, and my mechanic (personal friend), advised me to get rid of it before it completely died, rather than putting the money into the car to fix it. I waited a bit too long, and it is misbehaving more and more often, and have become really concerned that it will demonstrate it's pending failure during a trade-in appraisal. I think I was lucky, and when I received the call, the dealer who had evaluated my trade-in did not see an transmission issues, which allowed me to negotiate a decent/acceptable deal on the trade-in value.

I decided not to go back to the dealer who called me, primarily to avoid having to get my car re-evaluated, which might cause any savings I made on the car price side, disappear due to the transmission malfunction.

I would not be surprised if someone with more time could negotiate below 27K, or negotiate the same deal for the model with the blind spot monitor.

I hope you find this helpful.
    If/when you finally buy a car, please come back to post your negotiated purchase price.
    We all benefit by be better informed, and can then better counter the dealer's information advantage over the buyer.
  • cartfamilycartfamily Member Posts: 2
    This is the se sport so it has sport package in there with 18 inches wheel and moonroof. No navigation or other options
  • vetsrredvetsrred Member Posts: 9
    I purchased my new 2013 Camry SE in June from Jim Barkley Toyota in Ashville, NC with 12 miles on it. I live over 650 miles from Ashville in a suburb of St. Louis. The best price I could negotiate in my area was at Seeger for $23,900. I bought the car from Jim Barkley in Ashville out the door with no dealer costs or other incentive/rebate BS for $19,877. I now have 5,000 miles and am sure I could get $22,000 for it used! Not sure of Jim Barkley's 2014 price but worth checking their website if you are within 1,000 miles. They picked me up at the airport and treated me like Family!
  • bbb99bbb99 Member Posts: 58
    What's the most I should pay for a Camry L? I don't want any options, basic basic basic.