Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    can look up comparable no-hassle prices here:
    www.fitzmall.com

You may be able to do slightly better or slightly worse in your geography.
  • george165george165 Member Posts: 17
    I just bought the car in ny 2007 Camry LE Auto with no option
    Breake down ;
    $18700 (including destination)
    $60 proces fee
    $1570 Tax(8.37)
    $60 DMV
    $12.5 Tire fee
    The only problem is they said car is in wearhouse and is end of the day and sunday and monday service is closed (the car its not ready!!!!!!!!!!)then i should pickup the car in tuesday(01/16/07) is it normal or some thing is fishy ?
    they ask for $1000 deposit i accepted it I dont know if it was a wise thing to do .
    please i need some peace of mind is it normal or no?
    And $18700(including destination) is good or not your
    BTW they give me the VIN #.
    I need some advice ?
  • moeharrimoeharri Member Posts: 108
    I think you'll be fine, don't worry :-) Can't comment on the price, but enjoy your new car!
    could some body tell me how i know when the car was made
    the DATE.
    Please put your input regarding the price I know it dosen't change anything but i just want to know how i did.
  • 07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    $1,000 under invoice, SUPER!!!!!!

The one thing I would ask is: Where is the warehouse and how many miles will be on the car when I get it?

Hopefully they won't be driving it there from 2 states away!!!
  • drjamesdrjames Member Posts: 274
    In regards to when the car was built. On the driver side door jam will be a manufacture sticker with the build month and year. As for the specific date... you'll need to call Toyota USA or the dealer with your VIN.
  • vf154vf154 Member Posts: 12
    Are you in California? Which city? Which dealer? I'm in Sunnyvale CA.
    They said the warehouse is just 15 mi away?
    I'm in Bronx NY
    Thanks for info could you tell me if its matter ?
    Should i be picky about it and which month is the latest in the market NOV,DEC,JAN
    And thanks to everyone in this forum for sharing their experiences it was a great help and i learned a lot.for last 4 months everyday i read each post in this forum and honda ACCORD forum and today i found same deal exactly for ACCORD SE AUTO ($20450 out the door)too but just because ACCORD will be redesign in next few months i choose Camry i hope it was a right decision
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    hey i live in elizabeth, nj, but i will go to the bronx for that price, could u tell me the dealer's name, and as many details as u can (address, how you bought it, etc) thanks so much
    Please let me know also how u bought it? cash, finance through them (and if so how much), was there trade in, etc
    also send me the same info about the honda accord se please
    i think i will end up doing the same as u did. just post all that stuff for me thanks. i live in nj thanks a lot an let me know how it goes.....
    By the way, after reviewing this forum, and honda's throughout that last four to five months this is the best deal i 've seen so far. you made it good. please let me know so i can buy now (i am guessing that the car was automatic as well?)
    I got the loan from capitol one APR 6.85 for 60 months they gave me lower rate 6.7 for 60 months no trade in . the only thing its worry's me is its i did not see the car yet they just gave me the VIN# they told me to pickup the car on tuesday because its not ready (cleaning) ???? and monday its cloesed .after i got the car i will post more info.
    Excellent, but what was the dealer's name, and if possible the exact location, i want to buy it asap. as far as the car, i will give you an advice: test drive it first, don't just walk out of the dealer "test it. once you take off, its yours. It happens once to me. i bought a car, and as i was about to leave the dealer, it started to make some funny noise, i sis not leave the premises, and i told the sale people, and mea=chanic (i am talking after hours, the delaer was closed). i had to return the following day to ask for my money back, etc. i got it. so test drive it.
    so if u can give the delaers name location, and how u got the deal, so i can get the same deal, will be awesome. thanks again
    i will post all the info after i will get the car the only thing worry me is i check the VIN# on carfax and it says Country of Assembly: JAPAN. Anybody knows if this is good or bad or do they stiil bring camry from japan because i checked in yahoo auto all the used 2007 camrys that are posted there are : Country of Assembly: United States
  • kishanpuwarkishanpuwar Member Posts: 1
    Congratulation for having such superb deal. I am also hunting Toyota Camry LE four cylinders in which I am away from your price. If you could can I have a dealer address so I can go there for the car. I appreciate your help.
    Thanks
    kp
  • toyotasellertoyotaseller Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I sell Toyotas so I can help you..

Hot car.. I just bought one for myself in white...

First are you looking for a 4cyl SE or a 6cyl SE?

Understand, that they are a little hard to get..so alot of it is based on demand.

Also depending on your region, the destination will differ slightly.

Now if the car is in stock, and you are READY to take the car home..then offer 850 over invoice.

Profit is not a dirty word.

If it is not in stock and you are willing to wait 6 to 8 weeks, then offer 400 over invoice.

Hope this helps.
    Your actually nervouse about that price??? Why, thats a great price. Ima dealer, I know.

Not all car sales people are sneaky.
  • acco20acco20 Member Posts: 211
    anybody going to touch that one??????
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Just so I understand your post, $850.00 over invoice on an in stock vehicle and $400.00 over invoice on one that is ordered? I would think it would be the other way around with the one having to be ordered costing more. True, profit is not a dirty word though in some cases the profit can be seen as obscene depending on the dealership.
    No alot of people think it would be more to order... Truth is, as a dealer I'm more willing to discount an ordered unit becuase there is a waiting period. It doesnt cost me anything to wait for a unit, It only matter if the client is willing to wait the 6 to 8 weeks. Now..in stock units will sell regardless.. Camrys don't sit on a lot for long periods of time..especially the SE Models..so in other words if you don't purchase that one..someone else will pretty soon. Remember it is a Toyota, which is one of the main reasons you are looking into buying one.
    Thanks for the clarification. Haven't priced the Camry's recently so definitely not familiar with what they run for on the SE model, CE model runs about $19,000 before TT&L. Thankfully I'm in no hurry to purchase.
  • aithayokaithayok Member Posts: 2
    Can I know from which dealer you got this deal? Seems like a very good deal.

Thanks
  • yazmeryazmer Member Posts: 1
    cars direct is selling this crap for 18,481. What's all the hoopla. aFTER TTL is should be around 20450. What's so great about that deal?
    Well your post is rather vague in the sense that you did not post your location nor identify what model of the Camry you are talking about. Carsdirect goes by zip code as I recall and prices do vary according to that so perhaps you can be more specific in your posting to help folks.
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    I paid $21,484 for my new 2007 Camry.

OPTIONS:
    -JBL Stereo (Which sounds awesome!!! I might not put my two 12" subwoofers in it from my old car.)
    -Moonroof package (Moonroof, lighted vanity mirrors, rear reading lamps)
    -Car and trunk mats
    -Body side molding

I thought the price was fair after some negotiation.

Any comments?
    Not bad. About $50 under dealer invoice......
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    Cars Direct also sells all your personal info to anybody they can, so you are not only buying a car through them but also selling them all your personal info as well as credit history

read their privacy policy , basically says you have none

Texas does not allow them to do business here under their business plan, so they only act as a referral service here
  • cjb5095cjb5095 Member Posts: 4
    Question: The leather option package that is available on the Camry LE, is that factory installed or installed at the port or dealer. Any information you scan hare is appreciated.
    Can anyone tell me if the leather package on a Camry LE is a factory installed option or a dealer installed option? Does it matter?
    I am buying a new camry le and want the leather package. The dealer is telling me that this is not a factory installed package and wants to take a car off the lot and install a leather kit at the dealer. Any advice?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    According to my dealer here in the SE, it's a "dealer" installed option. But actually, the dealer sends it out to a local company who does the leather install.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    I think it depends on what area of the country you buy the car. It's a factory option in my area but if an area like the SEToyota does not order them that way then a dealer installation may be the only way. I can't say that I've figured this system out but it seems like there are several areas in the US where they do some strange things with options packages and special charges.
    Ok Thanks. I did order the car with factory leather, since I was not comfortable having a new car then having a third party take it apart to accomodate the leather install. More specifically, I was concerned with the air bags not working properly.
  • tnsigtnsig Member Posts: 25
    I haven't seen many people talk about what they paid for their Camry Hybrid. Any folks out there want to share what they paid?
  • slaulauslaulau Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote last week on a 4-cyl SE with Sunroof, spoiler and carpets for $21900. He said it is 500 over invoice.
  • hoppyjrhoppyjr Member Posts: 2
    Well, I've got a story to share.....

I purchased a Hybrid Camry on Saturday for MSRP. It had everything except leather heated seats and Nav. I paid about $1500 for the 84/100 warranty, which he maintained was below HIS cost. I didn't know of this site and the related posts on extended warranty until the next day. On Monday, I called a couple dealers listed here and found the warranty for $990 out the door. I called the finance guy to see if he would match it and he wouldn't, so I went in to get a refund. The jerk tried to jack my interest rate and kept BSing me, so I told him I'd bring the car back - and I did!

Later I get a call from the GM, who offers me a discount on any hybrid and invoice on any gas car. I ended up with $1300 off MSRP for a loaded Hybrid, plus the original rate and I do think the GM was sincere (at this point). I will not post the dealer name as I believe that it was a situation of one bad (greedy) apple.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    That is a pretty good story.. with a happy ending, no less!!

Congratulations on the new car!!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• shasta67shasta67 Member Posts: 109
    I will not post the dealer name as I believe that it was a situation of one bad (greedy) apple.

You are a better person than I am. I would have taken the car back and still posted the name of the dealer. The GM should be commended but if the finance guy is still working there not much got changed. I have had more deals blown in the finance office than any other place. It usually revolves around a warranty or some other stupid thing they want to "add" to the deal after I have already made it.

My friend, who was recently divorced and has horrible credit, was told that the only way they could qualify him is if he bought everything under the sun. Warranty, service agreement, mop and glow ect. It is funny how you don't have good enough credit for a "good" deal but if you buy all kinds of useless add-ons now they can find someone to lend you the money. Well the next day he got to thinking about it and cancelled most everything. The Toyota dealer went ballistic, threatened to sue him and told him to bring the car back. My friend called Toyota Credit, who in turn called the dealership. An hour later my friend got a call saying they were going to be "nice" and let him keep the car.
  • lessachslessachs Member Posts: 44
    Way to go! Good job. :)
  • sindonorsindonor Member Posts: 1
    I got a quote from a dealership near Orlando for a 2007 Camry SE V6 Auto with:

Sunroof
    rear spoiler
    side molding
    dealer-installed tint
    Floormats
    2 yr/100k mi drivetrain war (on top of factory war)

and 6% tax.

I was told the base price of the car before fees, taxes and tags was: $25499

Good Deal? Anyone beat it?
  • kul2kul2 Member Posts: 9
    My fine 1999 camry got rear-ended. The insurance company decided to total it and now I am in Market to buy a new one. Does any one know when is 2008 camry expected? Last time I bought camry, I missed on a rebate of $1000 that was offered a month later.
  • robleorobleo Member Posts: 1
    Hello, I am brand new in car buying business, so wanted some pointers from people who have do this or have done this before.
    I am interested in a 07 Camry SE V6 AUTO with no other options. What would be an fair OTD price for a such vehicle? Location is Oregon. The MSRP is 24,615, Invoice 21,907. Any pointers and/or suggestions?

Thank you!
    Rob :)
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    I haven't seen many people talk about what they paid for their Camry Hybrid. Any folks out there want to share what they paid?

Oh a lot of us talked about it, just have not seen anything for a while. I got mine May 5th for $500 off MSRP. I was in time to not only get the full $2600 but also a $3750 tax credit in WV (credit good until June 5th). The WV credit is over three years, but after credits I'll have less than $24,000 in my LOADED TCH (Nav / sunroof / leather, etc...) Averaging 39mpg over 18,000 miles.

Can you see me smiling as I write this?
    First go to toyota.com, put in your zip code in Build your Own, and see if you can get one with no options.

Second, the MSRP with destination charge is $25,435 with dealer invoice being about $23,250.

Third, start at March 2006 and read all the forum postings to learn something about Camry pricing.

Fourth, read the Tips and Advice articles at edmunds.com.

Fifth, check Camry prices at Fitzmall.com. They are selling at dealer invoice now....

You should be relatively informed at that point.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A national news magazine is looking to interview recent Toyota car buyers that switched from owning a GM vehicle (Chevrolet, Pontiac, GMC, Cadillac, Saturn, Buick, Hummer, Saab). If you are interested, please send an email to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than Monday, January 29, 2007 containing your daytime contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• tnsigtnsig Member Posts: 25
    Thanks WVGASGUY. I actually did a search in this thread and didn't find a whole lot. No biggie though. I thought I got a decent deal at a little less than 1% over dealer invoice. I ordered the car and hope it will be here before March 31st so I can get the $1300 tax credit.

Are you buy chance the same WVGASGUY that used to frequent greenhybrid.com? I browse that forum often and stumbled upon the thread that prompted your departure. It's too bad you left...

Oh and you got an exceptional deal considering the full federal credit and that amazing state credit. I wish TN offered something similar :cry:
  • mbolivermboliver Member Posts: 55
    There is a difference between one on order and one special ordered, correct? In other words, if I walked into your dealership and wanted to order a camey that had to be built to my specs because there isn't one in existence then what would you offer over invoice? Just trying to make sure I understand. Thanks!