Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• 89camry89camry Member Posts: 1
    Anyone know what invoice is for the LE and SE? Trying to figure what a good price is in Philly.

Offered from dealer a V4 LE for 20,184

Is the v6 worth the cost?
  • andy82471andy82471 Member Posts: 120
    I am guessing right around late August or early September, so you have to wait a while.
  • toyotasellertoyotaseller Member Posts: 6
    I would over it to you and 500 over invoice. :shades:
  • 07xle07xle Member Posts: 177
    Look at fitzmall.com for dealer invoice prices. They are selling at invoice now!!!!!!

Try the I4!!!!!!!

V6 is great for towing, mountains....
  • neckboneneckbone Member Posts: 2
    Hi. I'm in the market for a 2007 toyota camry xle v6 with the following options:vsc, smart key, color coded mud guards, heated seats, and floor and trunk mats. I received a quote for 31,236.65 (tax, title, dest charge, and gov. fee included). If i decide to do this, the car would had to be special order. Can anyone please tell me if this is a good price? I'm currently looking into cars direct and other dealers in ga. Also, I visited fitzmall.com. Can someone please me tell if their car buying experience at fitz have been positive or negative? Thank you for time.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    I'm 4 hours from Fitzmall, but have visited since I have a business location close by. I've also talked on the phone with them a couple times. I have friends, business associates, and family members who have collectively purchased about a dozen cars over the years, all very positive (and long term) experiences. Although I have not personally purchased from them at this point, I fully expect to over the course of the next 2 upcoming car purchases. I like their upfront no-haggle internet business model. Time is important to me, and this business model allows you to very quickly find an excellent price.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Are you buy chance the same WVGASGUY that used to frequent greenhybrid.com?

Yeah, that was me. Couldn't deal with it any longer so I left.
    I browse that forum often and stumbled upon the thread that prompted your departure. It's too bad you left...

Actually it was more than one thread, I'm not that sensitive. That was just the final straw and I didn't want to be there anymore. It's pretty well turned into a blogging site and I just wanted to enjoy, learn and teach about the TCH rather than name my car, argue over the need for senthetic oils and 50psig tire pressures and then actually get censured and have a thread shut down by a bunch of liberals, what's that all about anyway?

Just so our host doesn't get mad, let me say that those of you that are getting the discounts are getting as good a deal over all as those of us that bought early. I just liked the idea of the government paying me after all these years rather than taking it out of Toyota's profits. I have written and received responses back from my governor and congressmen (and women) about the need to not punish Toyota by reducing the tax credits. I'm hoping after the State of the Union speech that they wise up. Don't punish the one company that's trying to give the public what they want and need.
  • dan87dan87 Member Posts: 2
    Just wanted to know if you guys think I got a good deal or not

2007 camry le v6 with EJ,FE,CF options
    invoice - 22900.00

The salesman would'nt sell it to me for invoice.He was asking for $500 over the invoice,but we agreed on $300 over invoice.

total price- 23200.00
    sales tax - 1624.00
    tire tax - 7.50
    registration/title fee - 254.00
    documentation - 189.00
    total OTD(out the door) - 25274.00

I think I got a pretty good deal.He was asking for $185.00 etching fee,but I told him I wouldn't pay it so he knocked that out.The entire deal took 15 minutes.I only paid $300 over the invoice.The only thing is that he didn't have the car in his inventory,but located it at a different place so he said he could get it for me tomorrow.Also there would be like 50 miles on the odometer getting the car but that didn't bother me.

I was initially going to try fitzmall.I checked their website and they had the same car with that option I wanted for $22886.00,I thought if I had to only pay $314 more at my local dealer for a total of $23200.00 it was worth it.It was worth it because I live like 4 hours from fitzmall so that's alot of driving and the cost for gas it takes going and coming ads up.Also the other thing is if you buy from your local dealer then they sometimes give you free oil changes and thing like that.But honestly it was really worth it because I thought If I buy from the dealership and lets say I have a problem later with the car then I can always bring it to them to get it serviced.The dealership will give more priority to their customers to resolve the problem rather than to those who are not their customers in the past.I'm sure they want you to be happy so you come back again and buy from them in the future.I thought if I buy from elsewhere and have a problem I can still go to the my local dealer to get it serviced under warranty,but I won't be treated the same.

However,Fitzmall is better in other ways.They do honor their internet price which is good because they sell at invoice with the no haggle policy.They don't throw it stupid things like etching fee and other unimportant stuff that alot of dealers try to sell.I did have to haggle with my local dealer to knock that $185 etching fee he wanted to charge and also deal with him when it came to negotiating a price above invoice.You go to fitzmall and only pay what's posted on the internet with no surprises when you get there.Also little as $100 for documentation.I only paid $189 for documentation fee at the local dealer,but I heard some people get overcharged at dealers paying up to $400.

So in the end I think I got a good deal.I payed up to $389 more at my local dealer compared to fitzmall.I think it was worth it.My advice is if you go to your local dealer and want to buy a car then do your homework and be smart.Don't pay for anyting unecessary like etching or paint protection.Don't pay too much for documentation fee's.If they don't have the trim or color you're looking for then just ask them to locate it at another dealer and do a swap or just have them special order from the factory with the options and color you want.But be aware you may have to wait like 6-9 weeks if they order it.Alot of dealers are unwilling to special order beacuse they want to sell you what they have in their inventory.Also,you should only pay up to $300 over invoice less.I think I got lucky in my ordeal since my total price came very close to fitzmall.And I know fitzmall is cheaper because they don't charge for alot of stuff other dealers try to sell and besides they are selling cars at invoice.Alot of local dealers will never sell you a car at invoice.You can try local dealers and email them or call them and see who comes close to fitzmall's final delivered price and go to that dealer.The best option may be just to go to fitzmall if its not too far rather that calling and emailing local dealers and haggling with them.Please tell me what you guys think about what I have to say and also about the price I payed for my car.
    I think I got a pretty good deal....I only paid $300 over the invoice.....do your homework and be smart....,you should only pay up to $300 over invoice

Please tell me what you guys think about what I have to say

You asked so here it is.

First answer: you said too much about too little

Second answer: I'm guessing you're nothing special to this dealer and the next person that walks in and offers the same deal will get the same car.

This is similar to the hundreds of posts asking if "I got a good deal". If you truly don't know I'd be afraid to ask... no sence in feeling bad about it after you've already drove away. If you think you did that's all that matters. However why do you say don't pay over $300? Simply because that's what you paid? Why not $400?

You made a decision not to go to Fitzmall. Fortunately for those in that area Fitzmall is available. For you it was worth $300 not to drive 4 hours. Does that mean then someone that's 6 hours away might want to pay their dealer $400 over???

To many folks there are a lot of things that go into a buying decision and as long as the money is close it's not the final factor. I've seen some dealers I simply would never deal with and haven't, no matter what they were willing to do. As far as that goes I've got a few brands I won't buy either.

As for price, it's a regional thing. 60year old mom and pop are not going to drive to Pittsburgh to save $300 when their dealer is down the road and will come and pick them up; they go to church with the owner and they've bought there for 40 years.

I'm willing to drive and I have, but I prefer to spend my money locally. I expect them to be competitive but not necessarily the cheapest.

Small garages have large overheads and if they are not selling the large volumes like the megadealers then they have to charge over invoice to stay in business. I'm guessing they soon will disappear.

And for what it's worth, yes I think you got a good deal.
  • gampagampa Member Posts: 78
    Dealer invoice is relative... meaning this some dealers add advertising cost , gas cost , prep cost and other operational cost... They call this "their invoice" and then they add the salesperson's cost and you buy.
    If you check out Edmunds.com's invoice it would be closer to the real invoice.
    You ask to see the factory invoice which will have the advertising added in to yield the dealer invoice.

Edmunds price is manufacturers invoice (w/o the advertising charge).

Anything else is dealer BS!!!!!!!!
  • dan87dan87 Member Posts: 2
    wvgasguy

hey,relax man.I know I got a good deal.I said that earlier in my post.I wasn't asking because I needed people's assurance so I could feel better that I got a good deal or guilty because you guy's think I paid too much.

Also,the reason why I say don't pay more that $300 is that its a reasonable amount for a dealer to charge you.You can pay up to $400,but I don't think you should pay up to $500 or more.I say that because I dealt with like ten dealers before sticking with the one dealer I bought my car from.Initially they were all asking for up to $1200 when you first ask them,including two of them that I was referrred through costco.In the end they all said they could'nt go below $500 after I told them I would go somewhere else if I had to pay more.Finally eight of them called be back and said they were willing to work with me over the invoice price.So I figure $300 should be reasonable amount to charge since the going rate seems like $500.That's why I said I don't think you should pay more than $300 in my earlier post

After reading many posts about how good fitzmall is I get the assumption that alot of people think the only best deal they can get is that if they go through them.I mean if you contact local dealers near where you live you can pretty much get the same deal more or less if you negotiate properly.And I'm pretty sure that one of those local guys can at least match fitzmall's price or come close to it.

However,since alot dealers ad alot of extra fees in the end like etching or paint protection its hard to negotiate with them to get rid of those things.You should really only pay for documentation fees after working with them for a fixed price over invoice.So I can see why alot of people rather go to fitzmall because they don't want to haggle and waste time negotiating with a local dealer when they can just get a fixed price from fitzmall.And besides Fitzmall is selling at invoice and that's very hard to beat so you're definitely getting a good deal.
  • kyrptokyrpto Member Posts: 216
    Signed for LE w/VSC, being built week of Jan. 29. I highly reccomend VSC/TC after owning 3 Toyotas with it including a 4WD Tundra D Cab.
    Got the Camry for $21,500 - $1000 below MSRP in NC.
    $369 processing not included $21,869 + $700 taxes.
    Just realized the post I earlier responded to was way old.
    My dealer had an allocation and the only option we added was the $650 VSC/Traction control. This dealership does "port accessoried" installs, w/discounts that make body side moldings, a popular option, cheaper than at a plant.

SE region only showing about 35 Camrys in all trim levels with VSC. It will become standard soon. Amazing systems. I've had all 3 vehicles VSC activate - its weird the first time if you are zipping along. The 4WD truck's was diabeled in lo 4WD.
    I bought mine the first week they were out about 10 months ago for $300 over dealer invoice. At that time Fitzmall was about $500 over dealer invoice.

I wouldn't pay more than dealer invoice at this late date.

If you all have money to throw away, Great!!!!
    The best the volume leader dealers in NC are doing is $1500 below MSRP on LE4s. I was able to order one @ $1000 below.
    MSRP? Who cares about that number!!!!!!!!!!
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    The one good thing about MSRP? It is a static number. If it is the number at the bottom of the Monroney sticker, then it can't be manipulated or changed.

The invoice price? As one can tell by reading back over this forum, that is definitely open to interpretation.

If someone says they paid $500 over invoice on a car with an MSRP of $24,990, I really have no idea exactly what they paid. But, if they say they paid $1500 less than MSRP, I know exactly what they paid.

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I'll excuse your condescending hyper exclamatory thought.

I researched Toyota dealers in 2 regions and found the MSRPs on Camrys remarkably similair, identical in many cases. Especially the LEs. I think my baseline was accurate.
    Some dealers were 1k or so lower than MSRP on websites.

Being able to order one to my specs at $1000 under the MSRP, then use this volume dealer to add auto dimming mirror, body side moldings, cargo net, mud flaps with a major discount means I'm saving on plant added options.

I did this with an xB from same dealer. If installed at purchase, the accessories are warranteed for full 3/36K.
  • saidiadudesaidiadude Member Posts: 49
    Claremont Toyota in CA has a HUGE sale this weekend. 50 Camry LE's 4 cyl at this price (fixed price!): $17,977. Nice bonus: Mats (CF) included and free oil changes for life! Check the Fri Jan 26 LA Times for Ad.

We bought a Silver LE. Our breakdown:
    - 17,977 LE (with CF mats)
    - 55 Doc Fees
    - 1487.64 Tax
    - 116 Lic Fees
    - 64 Reg
    - 8.75 CA Tire fees (?)

Total: $19708.39 out the door!
    BTW, ours is made in Japan (VIN starts with "J"). Noticed after we bought it. Most were made in US (VIN starts with "1"). Good luck to all! Thanks to Edmunds and everyone who posted prices in this forum - helped us a lot!
    Wow! $19708.39 out the door... thats less then what I paid for my 1996 LE Camry... great deal!

Gampa
  • quixadoquixado Member Posts: 5
    Thanks to all of the people who take the time to post on this forum. It was very helpful in my pre-purchase research. Here's the deal I ultimately wound up getting:

XLE V6 Blue Ribbon Metallic / Ash Leather Int. (built in KY)
    - Heated Seats (HD)
    - Navigation system (NV)
    - Smart Key (SK)
    - VSC (VS)
    - Wheel Locks (WL)
    - Remote Start (V4)
    - Mat set (CF)
    - Sirius Sat. Radio (included in total, but not installed yet, waiting on part)

MSRP: $31,973.00 + $449 for Sirius (dealer install)

My Total: 28775.00
    My OTD $: 30654.25 (PA purchase - 6% sales tax, + tags and license. no trade)

I ordered in the Tuesday before Thanksgiving and took delivery on Friday (01.26), so about two-months to special order it. ETA for the Sirius part could be now through March. It seems they're still having issues getting the receiver out it seems.

Hope this information is useful to those still shopping. Happy to post the dealer if there's interest.

Thanks.
  • don72315don72315 Member Posts: 7
    Hi,
    I drove to Memphis today and I bought an LE with just mats for $19,425. That was everything but my state tax.
    I told him what I was looking for, he said how much it was,We drove off in about an hour.
    No hassles!
  • prafullprafull Member Posts: 1
    I have two queswtions for the experts here:

(1) I live in Georgia. Does FritzMall deliver to GA? Has anyone from GA actually bought from them? Today is first time I heard of them.

(2) What is a good price for V6 LE with Vehicle Stabilty Conrol (Option VS), and Mirror with Compass (EC)? MRSP is $ 24,960.

Thank you!
  • bamamombamamom Member Posts: 3
    Can anyone offer incite to dealers in either Huntsville or Birmingham, AL area? I am going to pay cash and don't really want to banter with salesman. So any ideas will be apprceated. What is the best price anyone has paid in this area or Atlanta or Chattanooga? I can drive to Chattanooga or Atlanta in less than 3 hours. Any words of wisdom are welcomed. I currently drive a 99 Camry XLE with 189K miles and never had any problems with it. I bought it used but now that I am retiring I want a new one to travel with. Thank you in advance for any info. Sadie holland
  • firehorsefirehorse Member Posts: 10
    anybody knows what is the procedure to order one in Claremont CA while you live in Austin, TX?
  • jl100jl100 Member Posts: 7
    Just bought a new 2007 Camry LE base model for $18,990. This was a lower special price a couple weeks after the two dealers here were running $19,790 for the same car. It appears to be near invoice but they are still making money on the holdback, etc.
  • tdiehltdiehl Member Posts: 13
    I was recently quoted:

07 Camry SE V6
    QC,CF,SR,BM,EJ,RF (Leather,JBL,Sunroof,Body Molding,Floor mats, spoiler)

MSRP: $29,739
    Quote:$26,590

Seems like an excellent deal...any thoughts from anyone?
    Thanks!

Also, this one...not much more, and I get remote start($529 value)and rear bumper applique($49 value)

Camry 07 SE V6
    QC,CF,SR,BM,EJ,RF,EF,V4 (Leather,JBL,Sunroof,Body Molding,Floor mats, spoiler,remoteSt,applique)

MSRP:$30,081 (little unclear for me..but quote is all that matters)
    Quote: $26,828

The second deal seems a lot better than the 1st...clearly...but overall, are both deals pretty decent? Which would you go for? Spend the extra $230 to get remote start and the applique?(I would also spend gas $, as this quote is not local~$50)
  • vadpvadp Member Posts: 1,025
    saidiadude
    What's the manufacturing date?
    Also, since just about every big dealership has a mix of the Japanese and Domestic built Camries on the lot, I would think that the Domestic origin would be a plus since it would take much less time (a couple of weeks) for the car to make its way from the factory to the dealership.
    As opposed to being shipped by a boat from Japan.
    Meaning that with a domestic car you're getting a sum of fresher, more current and possibly updated parts.
  • manujawsmanujaws Member Posts: 29
    Hi, I am also looking to but a LE this month. I have been offered 20,000 dollars. I am trying to negotiate. Stay in touch and let me know which dealers u r getting in touch with, Maybe we squeeze them together.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Do you ever see any CE Camrys? I might be interested in an automatic or a manual? I am in Ohio.

What price are they going for?

Thanks!
    Where is the manuf date listed? It's not on any of the docs that the dealer gave us.

Edit: Sticker on Door shows manuf date of 12/06. Is the date listed anywhere else?
  • jussijussi Member Posts: 3
    Great job and price Saidiadude. Was yours automatic or manual shift? Thanks!
    Just purchased a 2007 Camry SE V6

MSRP: $29,344
    Paid: $26,560 + TTL

Very Impressed with the car.
  • foxyguyfoxyguy Member Posts: 1
    If you haven't already made a purchase, I encourage you to drive a harder bargain with your dealer. I purchased an SE V6 on 2/1 with all the options you describe in your $26,590 quote plus an alarm system with an MSRP of $499. It took me a while but I got all that for $26,000. Don't be shy about making a lower offer - everything about a car is negotiable...everything. Good luck.
    thanks for the info, but we went ahead and got it..as my post above yours shows..

We had to walk out on the first round of negotiations..they called back..and wanted to go 26,560...The other 2 dealers I got the quotes from ended up being duds, so it all worked out well in the end..SE's are hard to come by! They had 2 in stock and we bought the one..they aren't getting another in till May.
    I don't know any other easily accessible location to look for the manuf date.
    I was just wondering how long you car has been sitting on the lot since the dealer set such a low fixed price on every LE, not just a few from the oldest stock.
    Your car turned to be real fresh, meaning that the dealer just wanted to clear its inventory in the slow selling Jan/Feb
    One of my local dealers advertizes just a few LE's once per week at the similar or even lower prices.
    It's usually 2-4 cars at a time. And in order to get one you have to get to the dealer doors real early, not to be picky about the colors and accept the fact that the cars are probably several months old.
  • kwma3kwma3 Member Posts: 11
    I live in the Bayarea. I would like to find out what other people have been paying for their Camry LE in the Bayarea in the last couple of weeks so I know what price to offer. Thank you.
    Just checked with Fitzmall, both dealers in Pa. and Md... and it looks like the asking price has come down.

...if you are thinking... might be a good time to buy before March 31st.

Gampa
    You must not read this forum...just pop in and post.

The prices have been dealer invoice for the past 2 months.

They have gone up in the last week to $100+ over dealer invoice.
    I guess I should have said "hybrid" prices are comin down... actually they went "up"... about $600... after I bought mine in December... but I see they have gone down.. about $700-$750 again...depending on dealer.
    Sounds like the supply and demand is starting to shift.

Gampa
    How do you track prices?
    By the dealers quotes you get over the net, reports on the forums, or internet car purchasing websites like carsdirect?
    Dealer quotes over the net... mainly Fitzmall in Pa and Md.
    ... For some time there, the Pa dealer was less then the Md dealer... but it looks like the Md store has dropped their asking price... remember this is for Hybrids only

Gampa
    Jussi, it was an automatic. I'll update the orig post.
  • mjvskmjvsk Member Posts: 5
    Any one purchase 07-LE Auto w moonroof and VSC options
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    Hi folks,

About to pull the trigger on a LE auto the only option being the CF mats.

The best out the door price I could negotiate so far is $20200. I live in California in a 8.25% tax area, this includes the standard $55 doc fee, tax, license etc.

So, $20200, any opinions if there's any more room to cut the price.

Thanks
  • shasta67shasta67 Member Posts: 109
    So, $20200, any opinions if there's any more room to cut the price.

Well it is a very good price. You are way under invoice. Adding about $300 for the advertising fee, which I think is about right for Southern California, I get a approximate invoice price of $21900 after tax, license, ect.. That would be $1700 under invoice. I guess I am a little suspicious about how you could get it that low. I would suspect there may be a trade involved somewhere. Well anyway if there is not a trade or something else crazy going on I would jump on it. Looks like the deal of the century.
  • moolmanmoolman Member Posts: 129
    No trade, no financing, nothing else, nothing added.

I'm paying for the car in full.

I'm seeing invoice for this model as $19517 and MSRP as $21794.

I believe I'm paying about $18,400 for the car.
    The rest of the money to bring it up to $20200 is tax, doc fees, license and tire fee which is all standard in california.

I'm not sure of the exact base price of the car because I always negotiate with the out the door price but my estimate of $18400 should be within $100.

Actually this isn't even close to the best price I've seen. My friend bought this exact car for $19000 out the door, no trades, no financing, nothing extra at the end of december. I guess they were really trying to sell cars at that point because I brought a copy of his contract to a couple of dealerships and could not get anybody to match it this month. The best I could do was the $20200 out the door.

Good luck to the rest, I think I will bite the bullet soon.
  • dreasdaddreasdad Member Posts: 276
    I think your asking for a LE and they are giving you pricing on a CE