Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• strthuslerstrthusler Member Posts: 4
    Tell them that at longo toyota all auto LE's are advertised for 18395. Tell them to beat that.

Good luck
  • jp_bluefanjp_bluefan Member Posts: 5
    18395- is that out the door?
    I ened up getting mine for 18028 plus 300 for the alarm. It was 20,000 otd

I plan on getting a rear spoiler. They wanted 475 (it included installation). I found a 10% off coupon and my nephew said intsead of paying them the 172.00 for installation he could do it for free
  • catalina101catalina101 Member Posts: 39
    Muddyfox,

I'm not sure if you've found an extended warranty yet, but I thought I'd share my experience with you in case you've not.

I purchased my XLE V6 on December 31st here in California (which I'm totally diggin'), and prior to getting the car I'd researched (these boards so ROCK!) and found a fantastic dealer-backed warranty for a significant amount less than I would have paid for the same warranty at the dealer from where I bought the car.

I called and dealt with the finance department at Midwest Superstore in Hutchinson, Kansas (a quick Google search away), and paid $880.00 for the Toyota Platinum Warranty: 7 years/100,000 miles/0 deductible.

I wish you the best, whatever you choose to do. :-)

Sincerely,
    Catherine
  • dealhunt_101dealhunt_101 Member Posts: 40
    guys, please help me evaluate this offer. have been trying for over a week, and the best i've got for LE 4cyl Auto is $20,748 OTD. i have read posts of people buying it for 20k OTD in CA and NC, but this is the lowest quote I've received in NJ.

can someone let me know if they've bought for anything lower than this? thank you!
  • jbl8jbl8 Member Posts: 40
    Go get an Accord SE V6 for $20K + TTL in NJ. I would think that it beats Camry LE 4cyl. Well, V6 is not that fuel efficient, maybe a couple miles off per gallon.

Sorry, if your price is $20748 OTD, minus, NJ 7% tax, it is about $19K. Close enough.

Car price is too fuzzy. Wait if you are not in a hurry. :lemon:
  • jp_bluefanjp_bluefan Member Posts: 5
    We were told once the contract is signed its a legal document and nothing can be changed. Sounds like its their mistake and they should pay for it. They should just take the price off of the car they sold you so it evens out. Nothing should come out of your pocket especially if contract was sign and you drove it off the lot.
    Dh said if they would have made a mistake in their favor they wouldnt have called you back to reinburse you. You might have a case.
  • joecarnutjoecarnut Member Posts: 215
    California is loaded with Toyota dealers especially SoCal so there is a lot of competition.

If you wait until the end of the month or better Memorial day weekend you will be surprised at the deals you can get.

But if there are not too many dealers out your way then you may be out of luck trying to do better.

Good luck on your purchase,
    Joe
  • devy1devy1 Member Posts: 14
    I was told by Longo that you have to be a California resident to get these deals in california. Can somebody verify this and let me know? Thanks
    I am trying to find a deal simillar to the ones in CA in NJ or PA area. Can you please itemise the 20748 deal you have and from which dealer in NJ?
    Thanks
    i don't have a breakup. total includes base + destination + 7% tax + title and registration + documentation and other charges.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    www.Fitzmall has a Chambersburg, pa location. 20K internet no-haggle price. You can look at all of the inventory, or restrict it to just the chambersburg dealership.

Here's one Camry
    but that is 20k + tax + registration + tags = almost 22k
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    You should probably look at '07 Accords, there are some fantastic deals out there right now. There is a 750 mfg to dealer rebate, and all the dealers are trying to move the 07's before the 08's release. Some folks are reporting 1500 under dealer invoice......which is a great car at a fantastic price. Dealers are very motivated to move them.
  • car111car111 Member Posts: 24
    Hi,
    I contacted many dealers in sanfrancisco bayarea and it seemed like factory order was necessary. Since I am buying the car because I like the softer pedals (and their stifness can change from car to car), if I wait 2 months for factory order and don't like the pedals, I'm stuck. What should I do ? One option is go for what's available after testdriving the pedals are ok. Between V6 Camrys (LE, XLE) I've found difference in stiffness of pedals.
    Thanks.
  • jg6jg6 Member Posts: 70
    Since I am buying the car because I like the softer pedals (and their stifness can change from car to car), ....

Between V6 Camrys (LE, XLE) I've found difference in stiffness of pedals.

I thought I had heard everything until now.....

The components are the SAME!
  • jbolltjbollt Member Posts: 736
    "...softer pedals ..."

Can you please explain for the board what you mean by this.
  • mvperez4jesusmvperez4jesus Member Posts: 231
    Can you please post what dealer and location in nj are you talking about? Also if i was you, i would make sure you get the brake down before i drive there. to be honest with you, it sounds as a great deal for a nj dealer. please post the breakdown when you get it, and dealer name and location. thanks
    Towne Toyota - 20,748 OTD
    Route 22 Toyota - 20,800 OTD

I went to another dealer in person on Saturday, and we negotiated to 20,300 OTD, but unfortunately he didn't have the color I wanted. He is going to call me this week when he has the color. Will post his name, and more details when I buy it for 20,300, hopefully!

I also went to Toyotaland and told him I have a quote of 20,300 and wanted him to match it. The salesman got his manager right away, and they offered 20,995 OTD. The whole conversation lasted about 3-4 minutes. I am very sure they would have matched Rt. 22 or Towne's offer if I had negotiated longer.
    Thanks, and yes post the delaer that was giving it to you for 20300 OTD. I don't know if you tried Samsone Auto Mall route 1. they seemed to me very helpful when i was looking for the 2006 and 2007 altima. they are already offering me the new altima 600 below invoice with 3.9 financing. But i am waiting for the best offer on the camry, and to save enough to pay it in 3 years or less.
    Also try the dealers in the NY area (border line). someone posted long ago that delaers in brooklyn/bronx/queens were giving them out btwn 20400-20800 OTD. Good luck, will wait for your brake down.
  • ral2167ral2167 Member Posts: 791
    i wonder if i could get this same deal 4 months later...am looking for same car with same options.
    Yes, I would also like to know which dealer is giving 20300OTD as it is a good price for NJ. Thanks
  • fidojoefidojoe Member Posts: 1
    Hi everyone! This is my first post here...

Last Friday, I purchased a new 07 LE 4cyl w/ moon roof, auto-dimming mirror/compass, rear bumper aplique, and carpet mats. I love my new car!

I just wanted to see if what I paid was a good deal. I traded in an 04 Camry payoff of $11900, blue book around $11500 (subtract $1k if you're talking dealer book), and the dealer gave me $12650 (with some elbow grease on my part). I also put $500 down. OTD total with trade TT&L was $21134.

Good deal?
  • motownusamotownusa Member Posts: 836
    Your trade in value was excellent. Considering the fact that your LE sounds like fairly loaded with optional stuff, it looks like you got a good deal on your new car too. Hope your experience with your new car is a good one. And welcome to the EDMUNDS FORUMS. The best automotive forum in my opinion. :D
  • ppnraoppnrao Member Posts: 3
    I am in search of used Camry LE / XLE. Last week I saw 2005 Camry LE (selling by owner) which has 37K on it. Seller said he got an offer for $14,200. Outside the car is in good condition. Looks like the car doesn't have any options.

After spending time on research here are my findings:

Edmunds suggested TMV
    Trade In: $11823
    Private Party: $13096
    Dealer Retail: $14138

KBB values are:
    Trade in: $12600/$11775/$10270 (Excellent/Good/Fair)
    Private Party: $14,485/$13,555/$12,315(Excellent/Good/Fair)

What do you guys think I should offer for the car. And also he told me that he purchased a package from the dealer for $5000 which includes free coupons for up to 75000 miles and scratch protection, paint protection blah, blah...etc. He said he will prorate the package and give it to me. I haven't entertained that I am interested in this package. Is this package transferrable? Do you guys know anything about such a package existed?

I am in central jersey area. Any recent new Camry purchases in Central Jersey? Can you please post price for XLE?

By the way I am relatively new to this forum.

Thanks
  • jpl4jpl4 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking to get an LE in MA. Want heated side mirrors, remote start, moonroof. Anyone have a good lead. I am in Northern MA and a NH dealer is suggesting a lease and then purchase. My last Camry went 240k miles and then my son put 20k on it. We tend to hold onto our vehicles. I am trading a 02 Sonata that we are not very happy with. Any leads appreciated.
  • gusstellagusstella Member Posts: 1
    I also purchase a TCH from Team on 3/31/2007. I purchased it from Phil Selby. I had a great experience with no pressure sale. I got a fully loaded TCH for $27,500 (leather, DVD, sunroof, etc). I can provide more details if you want to see them. I found the best tactic was the inventory of other dealerships when discussing price. I did go to Faulker who quoted $29,000 for the same TCH. I also went to Conicelli but they used pressure sales tactics and I walked away. They were willing to sale the car at invoice but I did not like how they went about the sale.
  • mookmanmookman Member Posts: 3
    I recently bought a toyota camry LE. and when i bought the car, the price included the price of the auto-dimming mirror and a remote start.
    I just got my car back with one of the accessories, the remote start installed today. Thats when I noticed the part installed wasn't the original toyota accessory and was a cheap third party spare, but when the sale was made it was based on the toyota accessory list prices. I dont know if i was cheated or this the norm. Any advice would help.

thanks in advance,
    mooks
    Bought a Camry LE 4cyl Auto for $20,500 out the door from Crystal Auto Mall, NJ. Metallic Grey exterior with Ash interior. Base LE model with floor mats. No moonroof.

Break-up:
    Invoice (including destination): 18,837.38
    Tax @ 7%: 1,318.62
    NJ Tire Tax: 7.50
    Registration/Title: 47.50 (transferred my plates, so cost about $200 less)
    Data processing, documentation fee: 289.00

Total: 20,500

Not sure if this could be considered a great deal, but I am happy. The car is on its way to the dealership, and I should get it in 3-5 days.
  • mojohybmojohyb Member Posts: 4
    Here's a detailed breakdown of your TCH costs.

$22,794.00 (true dealer invoice)
    524.00 (Reserve or "Holdback")
    262.00 (Wholesale financial reserve)
    620.00 (Destination charge)
    285.00 (TDA - Advertising fee)
    126.00 (dealer price carpet/trunk mats)
    39.00 (dealer price wheel locks)
    24.00 (dealer price heated mirrors)
    --------------------------------------------
    $24,674.00 (true dealer invoice cost w/ options)
    225.00 (unaccounted)
    $24,899.00 (your cost)

The given pricelist didn't add up to "dealer" invoice. Are you sure that you didn't get the alarm system thrown in or something? All in all looks like you did fair.

On a side note, in some situations buyers are able to get the dealer to eliminate holdback and destination charges, which in reality when all is said and done just inflates the real price of the vehicle.
  • ecgz88ecgz88 Member Posts: 14
    Here's a detailed breakdown of TCH costs WA Dealer give to me.

$22,794.00 (true dealer invoice)
    524.00 (Reserve or "Holdback")
    262.00 (Wholesale financial reserve)
    620.00 (Destination charge)
    547.00 (TDA - Advertising fee)
    126.00 (dealer price carpet/trunk mats)
    10.00 (Gasoline)
    24.00 (dealer price heated mirrors)
    --------------------------------------------
    $24,907.00 (true dealer invoice cost w/ options)

Advertising fee is higher than NJ,other things is same, true dealer invoice is lower than Edmunds, Maybe Edmunds not included Advertising fee?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    A note about advertising fees

After you click on the link, scroll down a little and click on the note about advertising fees.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

I didn't realize that the advertising fee would or could vary that much. Here in Los Angeles it is $285. Also I believe that Edmunds(and most others) include "Holdback" and "Wholesale financial reserve" in their dealer invoice price. Thus $22,794 + $524 + $262 = $23,580.
  • bidwdebidwde Member Posts: 1
    Thanks so much for the info. Can you provide more details please? I went to Conicelli and I had a bad experience just like you did. I was wondering if $27,500 was the final price you paid (I'm wondering if taxes and other fees are already included in that price). Also, did you get other optional items in addition to the ones you mentioned? I was thinking about options like carpet floor/trunk mat set, wheel locks, heated mirrors, etc... Any additional information you can provide is greatly appreciated.
    sweet, i would like to know if that is an LE AUTOMATIC? also if you got any good financing deal/APR? If you had any trade in and how was your experience with them?
    yes, it is Camry LE 4cyl Automatic. i got offers of 6.24% from Chase, and 6.5% from Capital One, but Toyota offered 5.9% which is the lowest APR offer i got (48 month term). i did not have a trade-in.

my experience at Crystal was good. the sales person and his manager were both very professional and friendly. we met the finance guy as well, and he tried to sell the extended warranty for $1400+ (7yr/100k), but i told him that i have a quote of $880, and he said he should be able to match it when we buy the car this week. will post details after i buy it.
    Hey, congratulations on your new car, thanks for being so helpful. and yes u have the best deal so far in NJ. on a plain LE. (since i'd been checking this forum since oct 06 That's the one i am planning to get on RED. Although i've seen 20300 in NY, they never posted the dealer name or any other detail. with the warranty, according to Edmunds, and other websites is always better to wait at the end of your warranty, since they will always offer you the best deal then. Besides, camry's are the best along with the accords. so i don't beleive you will need it. I bought on my third car (which was a mazda), and never used it. these cars are great.
    do you know how much did you pay for extended warranty? the lowest quote i have is from Midwest Toyota of Hutchinson (7yr/100k) for $880.

i know camry's are excellent cars, but $880 for 7 years comes to about $11 per month. definitely worth peace of mind!
    well, remember, those warranties ar not always "full warranties" and do not cover every problems. beside the warranty on the car is already bumper to bumper 3 yrs, and major issues (engine and transmission) for 5, in other words unless it covers bumper to bumper you are paying $880 for only 2 years which are 36.36 per month or 880 for 2 years. That is why i would not buy another warraty (due to past experiences). once you come to the dealer the first thing they will say " that is'nt covered." but again as you said with all and all for a camry, i think still a good deal!
    http://www.fitzmall.com/carfind/resultsb.asp?Search=NEW&ID=73037348*O&photo=TO07- 2560&loc=LFT&mall=GA&year=2007&mk_code=TO

looks like PA Advertising fee is also $285, why WA is so high? :mad: Dealer offer me $150 over their "cost", but sales guy seems not very eager to get this deal done. Maybe he not get enough commissions?
  • hooknows3hooknows3 Member Posts: 5
    Hi all,

I'm looking to purchase a TCH with the following options:
    Convenience Package
    Leather Package
    Voice Activated Navigation
    Bluetooth
    Preferred Accessory Pkg

Pretty much everything. I'm purchasing in VA.

I'm being quoted: $28,462
    Dealer quoted invoice: $28,062
    Edumnds invoice: $27,567
    Edmunds TMV: $29,462

This is the first time I've purchased a car in a long time. Is this a fair price?

Thanks!
  • lfmlfm Member Posts: 35
    I bought my TCH from New Holland Toyota on 3/30/07. I wanted a Magnetic Grey Metallic with SR, FE, HM, CF, AND DK. They did not have it in their inventory, but were willing to trade a dealer nearby for it. I also went along with the transporter to make sure that the vehicle was driven the way I instructed. It was the best transaction I have ever had. Two years ago, I also purchased a 2006 Solara SLE Conv. Loaded with everything including Nav. I paid $24,900. for the TCH and $30,020. for the Solara. The salesman is Jason. Did the whole transaction on the internet. I was also able to get the $1,300 Tax Credit for the TCH which ended on 3/31/07.
    Why don't you start emailing a couple of your local dealers internet sales departments to see how low of a bid you can get. You don't have to tell them that you've already received a quote from another dealer, just let them give you a quote. Let them show you their hand first before you start the bidding war. Before long you'll get a quote that no one else will touch. Also go ahead and talk to some salesperson face to face and use the same approach (great way to see how honest a salesperson is too)and then you can email them later to let them know how outrageous their quote was and ask for a serious quote. You will now have a pretty good idea of what they are selling for in your area.
    i thought we were not allowed to name the sales person on this forum.
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    RE: "Two years ago, I also purchased a 2006 Solara SLE Conv. Loaded with everything including Nav. I paid $24,900. for the TCH and $30,020. for the Solara."

Ok, I'm confused. I can't tell what you are saying here. Are you saying you paid 24,900 for a "loaded with everything" TCH? You say it has nav but you do not specify the nav accessory code (NV) or the leather accessory code (LA). These are the most expensive accessories but it's not clear whether they are on your car. So I'm not sure what your definition of "loaded with everything" is. Can you elaborate? The reason I ask (there is a point to this!) is that most TCH's that are "fully loaded" are in the 31K range, and the very very best I've been able to do is invoice, which is 28K. So if you are indeed getting a "loaded with everything" TCH for 24,9, you are my hero and I want to know how you did it. :surprise:

Thanks!
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    So if you are indeed getting a "loaded with everything" TCH for 24,9, you are my hero and I want to know how you did it.

Humm, that certaily would have been a nice starting point on a deal. I paid $30,000 after a minimal discount, but after the $2600 Fed Tax Credit and State $3750 Tax Credit I'll only have $23640 in mine (Loaded_Nav, sunroof, leather, etc). I'm thinking I may actually make money on this car when I sell it.
    most TCH's that are "fully loaded" , very difficult to find basic model for TCH............ :mad:
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    Still waiting to hear from the other fellow, but wvgasguy, aren't the federal/state tax credit independent considerations from the deal you work with the dealership?

I've had a couple of dealers try to weave the tax credit into their spiel, but that's not relevant when my goal is to get the best deal out of them, no? Am I missing something here?

By the way, where are you in wv? My son is in Hurricane (proonounced Hur-kin by the locals... ;) ) at the Toyota plant doing an co-op program.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    Still waiting to hear from the other fellow, but wvgasguy, aren't the federal/state tax credit independent considerations from the deal you work with the dealership?
    Yeah, I was just wishing I could have gotten a loaded one for less than $24 and THEN applied the tax credits. I don't think you could be married to the dealers daughter and get a loaded one for $24K :)

I'm in Jane Lew, BUT I grew up in Hurricane. Actually its pronounced "Hura Kin" but the "New Joursey" folks have a hard time with the "e" sound :)

I have a friend form Bridgeport who's son is also working at the plant as an Engineering co-op. Cool.
    I had asked a little while ago if NJ state gave tax credit on TCH. The answer from a dealer was NO.Wasguy, what state are we talking about? Am I missing something here? Can someone verify? Thanks
  • stlpike07stlpike07 Member Posts: 229
    As a tax credit, does it actually reduce the purchase price? I thought you just write those portions off in your taxes.