Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    See my post #570 in the "Toyota Camry Real World MPG" forum.

I would be curious to know what kind of keyless/alarm, if you can find out when they install it. Your dealer is going to install it? The only thing I sometimes miss is the keyless, but I wasn't going to pay $1,000 more to get an LE just to get keyless and a power seat. And getting a manual in an CE was hard enough, but I bet it is even tougher to get an LE manual.

You said it was a radio advertisement? I know some dealers either use the cheaper manual tranny car they have to get people in the door and then sell them a higher priced one, or the dealer can't sell the manual tranny, so they put it for sale cheap.

Again, great price on a great car!
  • glenglen Member Posts: 17
    mcdawgg,

I am looking at my paperwork now. The Alarm is a "Chapman deluxe vehicle security system". The dealer is going to install it.

The sheet says;
    R.P.S. - Random panic sound *
    Random panic parking lights *
    Best shock sensor in the world *
    High visibility theft warning light *
    Intrusion alert
    3-year warranty and theft protection guarantee
    * Code-Alarm exclusive features

I am very happy with this Camry. My 1995 Mercury Tracer blew the head gasket (I am still going to repair it) and I needed work transportation. Was looking and almost bought a Corolla when this price came over the radio on the ride home. The Camry was $2800 more than auto Corolla.

Drove a stick for many years... not sure at first about this Camry stick, but glad about it now. This car would lull you to sleep without it. The stick adds PIZAZZ to the drive! I feel 10 years younger driving it. Knowing what I know now, I would have paid MORE for the stick!

I will let you know more about the alarm when installed.
  • wvgasguywvgasguy Member Posts: 1,405
    15,888. (radio ad)....I worked hard for this price.

So just how hard did you have to work to listen to a price on a radio ad and buy the car??? ;)
  • glenglen Member Posts: 17
    The car price is one thing... Financing is another. This car was a "loss leader" to get people in the door.

Below is the "work" part;

The dealer will try to offset car price by increasing interest rate, dealer add-ons ect. The initial interest rates at the table were too high. I had to negotiate for a few days.

I was able to get 60 month 5.9% no down. Payment before alarm $336.

A little over what my target was (Corolla) but I have "more" car.
    The dealer will try to offset car price by increasing interest rate

I guess I've had it easy over the years. The only experience I have with Dealer financing is when they have had 0%. I usually make a deal and then have them hold a note until my Credit Union sends them a check. I don't even have to bother with a prequalification from them. Currently 6% for 60mo or 6.25 for 72mo and they will loan up to the MSRP. I guess that's why I never figured the financing part to be "work".

I'm guessing you'll like the Camry a lot more then the Corolla. I will be interested in seeing the new Corolla though. My mom and daughter both have them but my TCH gets better milage and is loaded.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Glen,

Thanks for the info on the keyless/alarm. I have another question, but I should ask it in the 2008 Toyota Camry forum. If you can, please check over there.

Thanks!
  • krc1krc1 Member Posts: 5
    I am looking for a 2008 SE camry in the Georgia area. Can someone give me the price you paid or some good quotes given and the name of the dealership? Please include options also. Thanks
  • raleighprraleighpr Member Posts: 9
    I paid 23,104 after taxes, tags,

It was equipped with body side moulding, moonroof, rear spoiler and rubber weather mats. It was purchased in Raleigh NC.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    raleighpr,

Leith, Anderson, or Jacobsen?
  • aphilipaphilip Member Posts: 5
    I bought a Camry 2008 LE with Vehicle Stability Control, heated leather, auto dimming rear view mirror for $21,500 delivered. (taxes extra). I bought it from Molle Toyota in Kansas City. The price without the leather and auto dimming mirror was $19,600.
  • lisasteele100lisasteele100 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for an LE with a sunroof and would like to have the dealer add leather to it. I like the 60/40 back seat split in the LE which isn't available in the SE. What is a fair price? So far the best price I've received is $24,500. I can't figure out how to figure a fair price for the leather. Quotes have been between $1600-$2000
    do a google search. There are companies which sell the leather seat covers, custom made for specific model fit. You can easily find the cost of the leather. I don't have the URL handy on this system.
    would like to have the dealer add leather to it.

I'm not familiar with the LE but can you not find one from the factory with it? Most of the posts I have seen from the last year the installed leateher cost as much as the OEM and the OEM included the heaters I believe. I'd research the specific installer well as some early posters didn't like their installation.
  • sanumajsanumaj Member Posts: 2
    hey folks,

Have been following this thread for a while.

I just drove home a 2008 Camry V6 silver with moonroof and JBL 6 cd hanger 440 w stereo system, no leather, no nav. I paid 25000 OTD, (23400+TTL). I was wondering if its a reasonable price or did I get ripped.
    Can you please verify if Camry LE comes with JBL? My speakers are some no name brand.
    Check the Toyota website and configure a car. JBL is an audio upgrade to the JBL....available if you spend the bucks.
  • tnrtnr Member Posts: 10
    2007 Camry LE with 13,000 miles, sunroof, JBL radio etc.....$19,799 (then you add all those pesky taxes etc.). Bought it last weekend...was reduced $1,200 off the sticker. It's pretty onpar with what I've seen online.
  • etangetang Member Posts: 1
    I'm so sorry to hear that my friend! Is this your first time buying a new car! God! I see that you just get rid off $2000. Before you bought that car have you check how much it cost? For all of you who ever want to buy a toyota car! here is my tips! Just want help you guy out. I bought the same car you bought! Camry se auto 08.
    The deal was $19500 + 1365 (7% tax) + 156 (tag) = $21021 with 4.9 for 5 years financing! And you paid for $ 23104. Camry are camry They all the same! Dont let them said things like destination charge......bull sss. When ever you buy a car go to yahoo check for the invoice! If you can buy a car with that price! you get an ok deal. 250 less than invoice price good deal you are good! If 500 less great deal you fking great! but no way you get more than 500 less than invoice! (price before tag and tax) 1 more thing no waranty. New car always comes with waranty. Don't let them get you! 5 years or 15000......whatever. Put it this way! Everybody have to eat! They want to sale those card. They need to make money! They don't offer you that deal! just go! They will call you next couple days later! Do you have any idea how many cars they have in the lot? If they have their cars there for 1 day! How much money they loose? And remember? Toyota is not the only car! Hundres brand of cars out there! thousand of model and trims out there! Come on! Get a good deal save money for your kid to go to college! Even you dont have one! just save it! HONDA Sale manager are elohssa. kcuf them all
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    Someone else last week paid 19727 OTD for 2008 SE Auto OTD...however her finance rate was 6 for 5 years
    $18900
    tax 3% $567
    $160 tags
    $100 misc fee
    What options did it have? What dealer did you buy from?
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    It was not me.. it was someone else.
    What dearlship did you buy from? What options did you get?

Molle Toyota at MO.

0% financing for 3 years.

Got VSC (factory), added leather & autodimming mirror .
  • podunk503podunk503 Member Posts: 45
    So is this a good deal for a lease? ( Ad in local newspaper)

2008 Camry LE
    Lease disclaimer $189 per month. Lease payment based on 36 payments. Sale price $19747, Cap cost $19747 and $2256 discount. Plus $575 acq fee, $975 down cash or trade + sec dep. Total due at signing $1396. Total lease charge $6804. Residual value $12856. 12,000 miles per year. MSRP $22003.

I'm not too good about figuring money factors and other things so I thought I'd post this to get some other opinions. Thank you!
    Kiawah,

It was at Leith Toyota.

2007 Camry
    SE 4 Door Sedan
    Magnetic Gray
    5 Speed Automatic
    Interior Color: Dark Charcoal
    17" Aluminum Alloy Wheels w/P215/55R17
    All Weather Mats
    Color-Keyed Rear Spoiler
    Moonroof Package: Power Tilt/Slide moonroof

Invoice Amount: $21,927.69
    MSRP Amount: $24,169.53

Paid 23,104 after taxes (600) tags (134) doc fee (400) but had college rebate of 400
    ETang,

For an invoice as low as you quote, your SE could not have had the same options that I wanted in mine. I had the moon roof/sunroof, body side moulding, rear spoiler, all weather mats.

I am guessing your SE did not come with the moonroof.
  • dyuandyuan Member Posts: 2
    I am interested in buying a Toyota Camry LE, 4cyl, 2008 model.
    Anybody had a recent good experience with Toyotal dealers in or near that area? Also interested in what model and price you pay.

Thanks,
    If you don't mind me asking what kind of rate did you get with college graduate program? I am thinking about using that.
  • badtrannybadtranny Member Posts: 33
    I am not sure if I want to get an LE, or SE.. Just want a four banger with Auto...
    But, if the deals are there because the new ones are ariving daily, then maybe I will spring for a more optioned model.

Any late prices paid, known?
    Also,, 2008 Honda Accord got some good reviews, and hints on that one?
  • captainbotcaptainbot Member Posts: 28
    Hello. I just bought a Toyota Camry Hybrid and I think I got an OK price, but not sure. How have others done?

Exterior Color: Majestic Grey

UP Upgrade Package
    LA Leather Package
    SR Sunroof
    CQ Convienence Package
    FE 50 State Emissions
    Car Mats (trunk mat included)

I am paying $25,100.
    What do you think?
  • verysmartverysmart Member Posts: 7
    I think this is great price.
    How about Navigation system?
    Even though it looks slick, I decided against the NAV for two reasons.
    1) the flip door mechanics, is reminiscent of James Bond. I won't have Q to fix it for me whenit breaks. To much small thin mechanical stuff to break.
    2) The NAV toys available upgrade in features every year. In three years, it will be old an tired.
    It is easier to just pitch the old handheld and buy a new one.

So think I got a good deal?
    I decided against the NAV for two reasons. 1) the flip door mechanics,...

Has something changed? Mine does not have any flip cover?
  • verysmartverysmart Member Posts: 7
    I went for navigation system mostly for display, which shows some other good things, like phone book, reports and others. I love the car. Yes, I think your deal is very good.
    Yes. The flip door mechanics I am referringto, is when you want to access the disc drives.
    They are behind the LCD display.
    You push a button and the LCD flips down. Put in the CD's, push a button and UP it goes back into place.
  • whodat23whodat23 Member Posts: 1
    sounds like a good price......what dealer in Houston did you go to?
    Yes. The flip door mechanics I am referringto, is when you want to access the disc drives.
    They are behind the LCD display.
    You push a button and the LCD flips down. Put in the CD's, push a button and UP it goes back into place.

So why would that bother you? I've never even flipped mine once and unless I wanted to change the disc version I would never need to. At best that's a once a year thing. To each their own, but that's not very high on my list of things to dislike about the NAV system.
  • sanumajsanumaj Member Posts: 2
    I got it from champion toyota, i forgot to mention.. i also got the 400$ new gard discount.
    My bad :blush: I use mp3's and have not had to flip mine down for so long that i forgot. Noticed tonight there was no slot for disc on the face
  • camry1317camry1317 Member Posts: 16
    I am trying to decide if I should buy a 2008 THC...

The sticker is $29950. It comes with heated leather seats, heated mirrors, blue tooth, etc. The only thing the car does not have is Navigation. The price after rebates and discount from the dealer would be $25770. After 5% sales tax, title, registration and dealer fees would be $27400.

Another dealer is giving me a price of $28400 after tax title, registration and dealer fees. This car has everything including the navigation.

Are these good prices?
    Should I get the navigation?
    Is the 2009 really coming out soon?
    Should I wait for President's Day?

So many questions, I know I want the car, I just don't know when would be the best time...
    Hi.
    It only bothered me that to change my music CD's I have to lower the trap door.
    Your're right that the NAV CD changes maybe once per year.
    But the musics CD's I change up pretty often.
    I just paid 25,100 for this car at Boch Toyota in Norwood.
    Same car,same options.
  • zdealzdeal Member Posts: 3
    2008 Camry LE, in Southern California

I bought a 2008 Camry LE in Southern California for $18,000 plus tax , $55 doc fee and $200 for Title Tag License.

Good deal or not? :D
  • howard18howard18 Member Posts: 53
    so you get the $1000 cash back instead of the financial promotion, right?
  • dsheth82dsheth82 Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am looking to buy TCH, but can't figure out what would be the right price. I want everything except Navigation. Instead of out the door price, i am really looking for prices before TTL. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

According to Edmunds, MSRP is $29720 and Invoice is $26,497. What price should i be paying?????

Thanks in advance.
  • rsz93rsz93 Member Posts: 2
    I got quotes from dealers in Long Island for 2008 Camry LE I4 AT with VSC. The best price I had so far is $20,519 + 1770 (tax) + 67 (fees) - 500 rebate = $ 21856. Is this price fair? Seems to be $600 - 1000 more expensive than other states.
  • apprehensiveapprehensive Member Posts: 14
    Hi everyone, got an 08 Camry LE yesterday

paid $404 at signing (doc fee and 1st month of $225)

35 more payments of $225

36 month lease 12k miles per year. Price included Gap insurance.
    I had the 05 manual tran camry and this is a HUGE step up in quality. It even has a bit more juice. The automatic is certainly worth it.
  • arfanlsarfanls Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to buy 2008 Camry from a dealer and was wondering if someone can give tips and advise on how to negotiate and and how low should it be under invoice since the financial market is so bad the dealerships are eager to sell also invoice according edmunds.com states 2009 Camry LE 4dr MSRP $21,225 and Invoice $18,995.
  • helms1958helms1958 Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased my 08 Camry LE I4 in Georgia. I believe I got a reasonable deal. The base price quote was 18800 (included a 1000 rebate). I had the vehicle upgraded to leather seats, 16" BBS Wheels, body side moulding and accent strips. Total price 20700 (not including sales tax). I always purchase a vehicle at the end of a month. I made sure I had various quotes from online services and new the cost of any options I want added. Another advantage is to keep the sales person on their heals. Do your homework, know the vehicle and ask questions. This is the best way to gain control in negotiations. Take another dealer phone number with you. If the sales person tells you they are offering the best deal, challenge them. Happy hunting.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A large local newspaper is looking to speak to consumers who are repeat Toyota Camry buyers. Please respond no later than Feb. 11 with your daytime contact information to Chintan Talati at ctalati@edmunds.com.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews