Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• iluvmcoiluvmco Member Posts: 2
    I am looking to add these to my price tag of 19,000 for Camry LE.
  • lucky_777lucky_777 Member Posts: 205
    Sounds like really good deal! Are you sure about about 0% financing? I didn't see Toyota offering 0% on Camry. What state/city are you from? New incentives should start tomorrow, hope Toyota offers 0%.
  • shand32783shand32783 Member Posts: 76
    I'm waiting to see what incentves will be like tomorrow also!

All local dealerships have red 2008 LE's on thier lots. I wish they would have a good lease rate for the 2008's. Right now they offer $750 or 2.9 for 36 or 3.9 for 48/60 on all 2008's.

MSRP is $24000 and some change and I'm hoping to be at about 86-88% of MSRP but am waiting to see what deals will show up. DO you think that's a fair price? 3 months ago I could of got an 2008 SE at 88% that was when the 09's started hitting the lots. They have to be losing some money on the 08's wouldn't you think?
  • dt10957dt10957 Member Posts: 3
    Please see #6417 for forum policy.
  • lsbcallsbcal Member Posts: 11
    Dt10957, since I put in so much financial detail on the previous posts, I'll just say that we are in Santa Rosa, Ca. and I've been querying dealers within an hour's drive.
  • mogal1mogal1 Member Posts: 9
    Is $15,995 a good price for a used 2007 CE with 8600 miles? If not, what would be a good price?

My budget is about $17,000, I get an extra $500 off if I buy preowned certified or new.

Thanks for any advice.
  • alanmilleralanmiller Member Posts: 10
    I'd definitely take it; this sounds like an excellent deal.
  • shazam3shazam3 Member Posts: 13
    I just bought an 09 Camry Hybrid 2 weeks ago through the Costco Auto Program. The dealer sold it to me for $500 over invoice. MSRP in my zip code for the fully loaded one (leather, navigation, etc) is $31370. I paid $28600. Only 3 dealers in the entire county had a couple left in stock and weren't expecting a new batch until mid June. I was lucky one of those was the color I wanted (Magnetic Gray) and a Costco delaer had it.
    Even though they normally sell here for 500 under MSRP, dealers that have signed up with Costco have to honor $500 over invoice. No hassle, no haggle at the dealer. They don't mess with you if you have a Costco referral. Costco also sends you a $50 gift certifcate good towards parts/service, and if you have the executive membership with them, you get 15% off service/parts for life at that dealer.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    $500 over invoice is a bit high for a 09 Camry Hybrid when they are sold a few bills below invoice.
    shazam3, hope you enjoy your Camry Hybrid! What county are you referring to? Seems dealers in Sonoma County are still waiting too.
  • seiker0808seiker0808 Member Posts: 4
    Do not go to Mark Jacobson in Durham, NC. He has some really bad reviews. I have a friend who recommends the Toyota dealership in Henderson, NC. Good luck!
  • larryallen707larryallen707 Member Posts: 174
    $500 over invoice is a bit high for a 09 Camry Hybrid when they are sold a few bills below invoice.

Just so I am clear, how far below invoice do you think the '09 Hybrids are going for? What about '08's? I am in California and looking to buy one. Thanks.
    lsbcal:
    Thanks. I'm really enjoying all its features, though I'm having a hard time adjusting riding so low to the ground now now. I sold my Tundra to buy the TCH. However, just thinking about the gas consoles me. The tundra was costing me $100/week in gas. My TCH still has half a tank of gas left in it and I've had it for 2 weeks. I'm averaging 36 mpg till now, fwy/cty combined.
    I'm in San Diego. Right now there's only one dear here whose online inventory shows they have 4 on the lot. Wonder if they do have them or just haven't updated their website: www.toyotacarlsbad.com
    Maybe in North Carolina.
  • authenticjtauthenticjt Member Posts: 2
    I live in California, and found San Francisco Bay Area prices about $500 higher than in the greater Los Angeles area. I ended up buying from Puente Hills Toyota, about 25 miles east of downtown Los Angeles:

09 Camry LE, 4 cylinder
    car 18488.00 (before $500 rebate)
    documentation fee 55.00
    CA sales tax (8.75% for me, based on car + doc fee) 1622.51
    CA license 174.00
    tire fee 8.75
    LA county fee 10.00
    rebate -500.00
    total 19858.26

I noticed that "base" Camrys (same as LE but no keyless entry, no driver's power seat) were hard to find, and went for about $16,500 + TTL. That means these two features cost about $1500.

I went to the dealership early on a weekday morning, because they are supposedly limited to only 5 "ad" cars per week, and their "week" starts on a weekday. Purportedly, all 5 are typically gone by noon. They pushed hard for me to finance, but I paid in full by cashier's check.

http://www.puentehillstoyota.com/site_specials.cfm
    [posted 2008-06-06]
  • warrantieswarranties Member Posts: 5
    I have found Toyota Platinum Warranties that have been substantially discounted come from

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street
    Kansas City, Missouri 64114

I purchased a 7 year 100,000 mile warrant with no deductable in for about 725.00,

These guys have great prices on Toyota Platinum warranties that are backed by Toyota Motor Corporation. Due to edmunds no soliciting policy, I could not include the phone number or the person, but contact their CIO/warranty person, and they would be able to help you.

I hope this post stays, on so that other readers may benefit of buying toyota warranties at highly discounted prices.

Thank you,
    For all you toyota shoppers check out this dealership for buying extended Toyota Platinum Car warranties backed by Toyota

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street

I purchased a Toyota Platinum Extended Care warranty for 7 years 100,000 miles and zero at a really great price. Give them a call, and asked to speak with the CIO person or Warranty.
    have found Toyota Platinum Warranties that have been substantially discounted come from

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street

I purchased a 7 year 100,000 mile warrant with no deductable in for about 725.00,

These guys have great prices on Toyota Platinum warranties that are backed by Toyota Motor Corporation. Due to edmunds no soliciting policy, I could not include the phone number or the person, but contact their CIO/warranty person, and they would be able to help you.

Thank you,
  • quixotic1quixotic1 Member Posts: 23
    What's going on here? Molle just charged me $815 for th 6/100 last week. When did you purchase?
    Waiting,

Toyota was offering 0% financing on those who qualified up to 48 months, on various models through the end of May. I do not know the new incentives, for June,
    but I purchased a 2009 toyota LE for a really great price, from the following dealer.
    These guys have some of the best prices on Toyota Vehicles, if you bought from them you could probably have the vechicle shipped up.

The sticker was almost 22,900 for a 2009 LE that I bought, this car sold for less than that.

For Toyota Vehicle Purchase I recommned

Priority Toyota in Chesapeak VA, They go buy the name of Priority Autogroup
    1800 Greenbrier Parkway
    Chesapeak Va,

They are a high volume dealership, so they do sell at some at really great prices.

These guys really gave me a great deal, and their sales manager was outstanding.

For Toyota Plantinum Care Extended Warranties backed by Toyota, I reocmmend Molle toyota at least give them a call and see what they charge. I know their prices are less than many dealers I spoke with.

Molle Toyota
    601 W 103 Street
    This was awhile ago, and also this was for a corrolla, and remember the warranty you pay for is determined by the components that come with your car. That is why they asked for the VIN,

My new warranty purchase from them came in at around 870.00 for my new car, which is a Camry LE.
  • quixotic1quixotic1 Member Posts: 23
    Thanks for the clarification. Mine was for a 2007 TCH. They did not ask about options though. Maybe all TCHs are the same price.
  • hmshahhmshah Member Posts: 13
    I am trying to buy a 2009 (2008 models are out) TCH in Houston, TX. I have following questions.

1) One of the dealers told me there is a waiting list on 09 TCH. Is that the case everywhere?

2) He also told me TCH are selling at MSRP ($25k base + taxes, fees, packages, etc.-no extra packages) I have not started negotiating yet, but wanted to get a feedback what would be a good price to pay. The invoice for 09 is $23k. Considering high demand of TCH is it hard to negotiate?

3) What is the best time to buy TCH from June to October

4) Are there any technical issues later with TCH, is it wise to buy the extended warranty?

5) Any other advise that you think might be helpful to me in getting a good deal.

Thank you all.
    No waiting list in California, but not many 09 THC's on the lots. They sell pretty fast. Dealers will try to sell for MSRP with the excuse they're they selling fast and are hard to find, but you can get them down to a $1000 under MSRP. If you get a referral from Costco they'll sell to you for $500 over invoice.
    I have had no technical issues with my THC, but have only had it for 2 weeks. Every works as it should so far. I love the car because of its reliability, efficiency, and power; but Totota has really cut down on interior quality. Too much plastic everywhere in the interior, and cheap one too. The leather looks more like it isn't leather. However, the dash layout is great and looks pretty cool at night with all those lights and gadgets, especially if you have NAV.
    $725 for the platinum warranty 7/100 sounds pretty good.

Check out this site: http://www.toyotawarrantyinfo.com/benefits.php

It's a Toyota dealer in MA. They quoted me $695 for the Platinun 7/75

I called Toyota Financial corporate to validate if the dealer was legit and they said they are and have been for many years and can sell warranties online. They sell them cheap because of the volume they sell. You can do the whole transaction online and they'll mail you the policy with your VIN#.
    Toyota Financial corporate assured me all Toyota dealers nationwide will honor your warranty regardless of which dealer your purchased it from.
    Don't deal with salesmen by just walking on the lot. Suggest you contact their "internet sales person" or whatever title they go by such as "fleet salesman". It's in their interest to convince you these are rare items and going very fast. May or may not be true at time they are saying this. There are probably discussions of this on this site so look back at previous posts. Hope this helps.
  • personatechpersonatech Member Posts: 105
    Here in North Carolina, many dealers have one or two on the lot. One Raleigh dealer recently claimed to have the most of any NC Toyota dealer - 8. Granted, there isn't much selection but at least they're available. Priuses, however, are another matter - virtually all dealers have a waiting list of several weeks worth of inventory.
  • cdn_tchcdn_tch Member Posts: 194
    Picked up our TCH a week ago! Our experiences didn't start out that great, but thanks to several different forums, we are one happy family.

Started the traditional way of going to a dealer to take a look, especially at the trunk space and go for a test drive. The trunk is noticeably smaller, but we deemed it big enough. Started talking to the sales manager about price and his response was 'well the deal is, we have one in stock', ie we want MSRP. We thanked him and left. I then happened to be passing another Toyota dealership and decided to see if this was any better. Nope, after being left to sit for 5 min, all I got was the price is MSRP.

Not liking how we were being treated when walking into a dealership, took a page from the online forums and decided to do an e-mail tender. Made it clear in the e-mail we were going to buy on the weekend and we wanted on 'out the door' price within 2 days. (configurations in Canada are easy, either it is fully loaded, or it is almost fully loaded just missing the leather and nav) Out of 5 dealers we only had 2 real responses :-( Lucky for us we did get 1 willing to sell for over $2,200 under MSRP. Put a deposit on the car over the phone and picked it up on Saturday. Took about 10min to sign the paperwork and handover a bank draft. The dealer also included wheel locks, floor mats and a cargo net, nice touch.

Now, over 800km later we are really impressed with our new TCH (MFD is saying tank avg @ 5.8l/100km, 40.5 mpg)

To those that don't like to haggle, I'd recommend the e-mail route. It worked for us with no pressure tactics, no surprise fees and the like.
  • paulgmapleridgpaulgmapleridg Member Posts: 1
    Cdn TCH,

Can you tell me which dealer you bought from and the part of the country you're in?

Thx.
  • cdn_tchcdn_tch Member Posts: 194
    Funk's Toyota in Steinbach, Manitoba.

Having a $2,000 provincial rebate made sure I didn't go looking out of province.
  • hmshahhmshah Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for the help. How can I get a membership at Costco. Do I have to be a business holder or I can just buy a Costco goldstar member card ($50) and, once I become a member, I can get a Costco Referral for TCH? Considering the current demand, $500 above invoice is a good deal for TCH.
    Thanks
    Just go to one of their warehouses and sign up. Takes 5 minutes. You don't have to get the executive membership to get Costco pricing at car delaerships. Goldstar membership will do. However, the executive membership pays for itself and then some with all the rebates. As far as cars, what's exclusive to the executive membership is the 15% at the dealr for parts, service and labor, every time.
  • lynchelynche Member Posts: 13
    Dealer advertised special:

MSRP: $26,059
    Dealer Discount: $2,600
    Factory Rebate: $1500
    My price: $21,959

This was for a base model with floor mats. The $660 shipping charge is in the MSRP.

I originally considered a Prius, but got serious too late. When gas crossed $4 in April, all the Prius' flew out the door. Considered a Nissan Altima Hybrid which is more available and discounted more than the 2009 Camry, but Toyota's superior quality rating drew me back.

I saw the dealer's Friday morning specials. Since I'd done the research, I knew the price was great, especially with gas pushing $4.50. I couldn't get to the dealer until an hour after it opened, but the car hadn't sold. It had 130 or so miles on it, and the sticker indicated it was originally delivered to another dealer, but at that price, I didn't hesitate once I test drove it and found no problems. 15 mins. later , we would have been too late. As we were filling out the paperwork and the sales people were trying to add warranty and maintainence, two other potential buyers showed up.

Lessons to Take Away
    1) Don't be in a rush, especially with high demand models.
    2) Be flexible. Be ready with alternate cars.
    3) In addition to Edmunds, keep an eye on specials, doesn't matter which dealer. Even on 2009 TCH's, dealer discounts were $2,500 only a couple weeks ago. You'll start to notice that different dealers' specials will cluster within $100-200 band, which should be your target price. The dealers claim they're taking a loss on this "one at this price," but they'll keep offering the same deal week after week as long as they have those models on the floor.
    4) Get to the dealer on the first day of the ad when it opens
    5) Even if you don't get the dealer special, use that price to negotiate. You may not get quite as good a price, but if you're a serious buyer, you shouldn't pay more than a couple hundred more than the typical special price.
    6) Again, be flexible. I had almost given up on getting a hybrid because the near term demand was so high and supply low that dealers stopped advertising discounts for a couple of weeks. When the ads stopped, I stopped looking, then lo and behold, my deal came to me!

A week later, still very satisfied. It's a 2008. If I hadn't bought last week, I'd be waiting until the surge in demand subsided when people get over the initial shock of $4.50 gas.
    Does anyone know if deals might get better in the winter months because the Xmas season tends to reduce buyer demand? Might December or January be a better time to buy a Camry Hybrid?
  • tallpkbtallpkb Member Posts: 3
    Tell me more about the $500 rebate. I'm not finding any rebates on '09's. Is that the Costco $500 over invoice you're referring to?
  • nswellmannswellman Member Posts: 1
    I have seen talk in the forum about the Costco. Auto Club and the great deals that some are getting. I just checked and Sams Club has a similar program, though not a whole lot of details on their website. Has anyone used the Sams Club Auto Program to purchase a TCH or other car, and if so did you also get the same pricing, ie. $500 over invoice? I am in the market for a TCH here in San Antonio, and there are two dealerships who are participating in the Sams Club Auto Program. Hoping to hear from them by tomorrow evening. Thanks for any information in advance!
    Was just at the Toyota dealership (Northern CA) that the Costco program referred me to. They showed me the Costco prices. The Prius is EXCLUDED. Camry Hybrid is now $650 over invoice. I believe all other Toyotas are $200 over invoice. Hope this helps.
    Thanks for posting this as I'm in Northern CA too. I've noticed that the dealers have few TCH's now and they've gotten hard nosed about pricing. So I intend to wait some months until this settles out -- hopefully the initial panic over this gas price ramp will subside. Long term I think buying a TCH is still economically a good decision, but I don't like to play into the dealers hands.
    If you're in No. CA, and you're near Milpitas, you might try Piercey Toyota. They're HUGE. And they have quite a few TCHs, tho not fully loaded ones, if that's what you're looking for. With the COSTCO connection, you can get one today for $650 over invoice.
    When I used carsdirect.com it seemed to be better then Costco. But it's really hard to do an honest comparison. To me $650 over invoice is a little too much though it's certainly not a bad deal. I am looking for a fully loaded TCH and in a particular color. So I'm very picky I guess but then I like to keep cars for a very long time. I'll probably try dealers in Santa Rosa, Petaluma, Napa, Fairfield, Concord and Walnut Creek. My limit is around 1 hr drive from home. Luckily I don't have to have one immediately but it'd be nice to get one this year.
  • swadewadeswadewade Member Posts: 9
    I am paying $25,190 for a 2009 TCH with UP package. I have put a $500 deposit down to hold the price and wait for the car and color of my liking to arrive. Is this a good price? I believe it is $140 over invoice.
  • swadewadeswadewade Member Posts: 9
    Go to Toyota Sunnyvale. I put my deposit down on a Gray Metallic with UP package for $25,190. This is the highest rated toyota dealership for cust. satisfaction. I did my dealings online through their online dept. Went in a test drove and put my deposit down. Just waiting for the car now.
  • Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    A reporter would like to talk to consumers who are in the market for a compact, subcompact or hybrid vehicle but have had trouble finding one. Please respond to jwahl@edmunds.com with your daytime contact information along with the vehicle you are shopping for no later than Thursday, June 19th.
  • cmsgtzcmsgtz Member Posts: 4
    I'm near Buffalo, NY and had put a deposit down on a 09 TCH five weeks ago with delivery in one month. Talked with the dealership yesterday and they are now saying it might be 2 more months before it is delivered. Anyone else in the northeast having the same delays?
  • marcogallo1986marcogallo1986 Member Posts: 1,164
    Hey cmstg was the car a speshial Order car if it is it takes mor then a Munth. or wher they getting it from a nother dealer. I am from new York also Long island What is the name of your dealer if you dont mind me asking keep us updated Thankyou for reading.
  • bourne1bourne1 Member Posts: 20
    $20,000 OTD
    financier convinced us to buy the extra 3yr warranty which i plan to cancel.
    do you guys think its worth keeping it? (paid ~1100 for 3yr warranty..)
  • coasterguycoasterguy Member Posts: 25
    Paid $28K for a TCH 2 months ago. Black, LOADED, Leather, Nav. Do you all think I can sell it for the same now with 4k on it? Life has changed and I may need to sell it.
  • chicagoan1chicagoan1 Member Posts: 7
    Was able to use Costco/Sams pricing at every local dealer I visited. Went for 4 cyl for gas mileage, they probably would have gone lower on XLE V6's since there were so many on the lots. Might have waited for hybrid if I had 8-10 weeks to wait and pricing was more aggressive. No-one I went to quoted below MSRP for hybrid, they were too motivated to move product in stock. Was happy with trade in value after comparing it to completed transactions on Ebay Motors.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    No, because why buy used when you can get new for the same (or maybe slightly higher) price. Even if you got a fabulous deal as compared to the crazed MSRP buying today, I doubt you'll even come close. Perception will be there is something wrong with it.

Plus, since you don't take trades, and don't offer leasing or financing...your subset of buyers is diminished substantially. The buyer would also pay less state tax at a dealer, if trading in other vehicle.

All in all, I think you'll be very lucky to find a buyer, and certainly not at full price.

But heck, put it out there, and see what happens. Perhaps you'll find someone who wants your exact model, and MUST HAVE IT IMMEDIATELY.
  • donttdontt Member Posts: 4
    Is $19100 OTD a good price for a 09 camry with no additional options?(automatic transmission). The tax rate here runs at 7%.