Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sparklinkssparklinks Member Posts: 18
    Did he give $1500 cash back from Toyota? If not then, this what you have paid $19,898
  • BoxmannnnBoxmannnn Member Posts: 2
    If you re-read my original post, I wrote a check for 18,417 period. No complicated calculations necessary. :)

I don't know what was or was not included to get the price to 18,398 +$19. This was the price advertised on their web site and that is the price I paid.

I purchased it on what was the last day of the $1,300 marketing incentive, so I would assume that was factored in.

FYI, Another dealer told me that there are more that 12 different incentive programs at their disposal, including some that are only known to the dealer. ex: Dealership volume discounts.

Point being is that if you are comfortable with the price offered, I wouldn't be overly concerned with how it was arrived at. The price I paid was about $700 less than any local dealer offered. (see my previous post for numbers).
  • bertmercbertmerc Member Posts: 3
    I contacted Boch last night via their web site, made an offer of $17,292 for a 2009 Toyota Camry, and my offer was accepted! Now that includes the $1,500 rebate as I will pay off the 36 month loan in 6-9 months. I'll sign the papers Tuesday night in Norwood and they will deliver to me on Wednesday morning in Norwich, Connecticut. By the way, the $17,292 is the Consumer Reports "Bottom LIne Price" and is well worth the $14. :)
  • pam4waterpam4water Member Posts: 14
    Is that for a CE or an LE?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    and how much are the doc/admin fees?
  • bigdadi118bigdadi118 Member Posts: 1,207
    Other than CE or LE, please also advise Manual or Auto ...
    Can you please give me Ph# or name of the Person, I am willing to contact them . Thanks
  • SonataShopperSonataShopper Member Posts: 9
    Please reply ASAP to help us. Seems like there are many who are willing to buy from there including myself. Summarizing questions...
    1. Is it CE or LE?
    2. Is it manual or Automatic transmission?
    3. What was out-the-door price and its breakdown?
    4. What is the address of dealership?

Thanks in advance for helping fellow community......
    One more to add to list

5. Does it include mats ?
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    6. And verify that this is a clean cash transaction for dealer comparison purposes....no trade, no lease, no financing thru the dealership.
  • josomejosome Member Posts: 8
    This is the Boch Toyota from Norwood, MA.

I contacted them once.

Anyone interested to make group buy from them? Count me in,

I am in CT, Willimantic area.
  • SonataShopperSonataShopper Member Posts: 9
    Place is 260 miles from me but if its substantial savings and makes sense, I am in as well. If this goes through, we need to keep it transparent where everybody gets same deal and savings and not one guy pretending to be bringing in 3-4 customers to get benefits for himself/herself. I am not saying anybody will do that but just wanted to set expectations upfront.
  • josomejosome Member Posts: 8
    this is becoming interesting~

team work~ :shades: I'm in

as I know, Boch in MA is a huge dealer, but the review in dealerator is not so good. Anyone bought from them say sth?
    Be aware the floor manager double-dip on dest charge. He would put the dest charge on the quote even the MSRP price had it included. If you protest he will scratch it off.

Also prepare to sell the old car yourself, they will lowball your trade at least $2k - $4k less than KBB fair trade-in value.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,200
    From everything I've read, they are cheap, but you have to work your tail off to get that price... Screamer ads, last minute price bumps, etc, etc...

I have enough trouble keeping my own deal straight, without worrying about 5 other people that I don't really know getting their deal..

Either way... we can't arrange that here in the forums.. If you want to contact another member through their CarSpace.com email, then feel free, but take it off the forums..

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• yehyemyesyehyemyes Member Posts: 36
    Hi all, I am also one of the person who was talking to Boch toyota for the past one week. Looks like they won't give a dealer license plate, if you want to take the car out to another state. I live in PA. The only way is that we have to travel twice. Once for buying the vehicle. Then come back and register the title and get a license plate. Go back and pick you car. I dropped my idea of buying from there. People living withing 100 miles should be ok with this. Just an FYI.
  • 4rman4rman Member Posts: 30
    Well...here it is 2010 Camry. Not sure how many has seen this but I have been waiting for 2010 Camry. Hopefully, we'll have more pictures soon.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/autoshows/detroit/2009/2010toyotacamrynews.htm- l
  • rik4rik4 Member Posts: 90
    not too much of a change. they keep the piggy grille although it is a smaller snout now. was hoping for more. it will have a hard time against the new sonata if it turns out looking like the spy pics.
  • 4rman4rman Member Posts: 30
    I like the new specs; 2.5L engine, 6speed auto, Bluetooth (phone/music streaming), Stability control and 17inch wheels for the SE. I wonder if the price will stay the same.

You are right, it does not look that much different but if all these changes hold true, I would like to take it for test drive and compare it to the mazda 6.
  • phyllis119phyllis119 Member Posts: 3
    Just got a cash price of $16,995 for a 2009 Camry LE plus tax from Sandy Springs Toyota. Sounds like a good deal. What do you think?
    Ed
  • ls09ls09 Member Posts: 6
    I live in southern california, so no extreme weather and am looking at buying a camry AT. Electronic stability control doesn't come with the base camry model and has to be purchased extra for the LE. I am looking at the Camry becuase of its reliabiltiy and safety features, but was looking at the base model not the LE. Does anyone know if its really necessary to have the added stability control?
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That sounds like a good deal, was that for the manual or automatic?
  • ralphwiggum1ralphwiggum1 Member Posts: 31
    any deals in california--socal or norcal? the best offer i have in the bay area isn't anywhere close to some of the deals i'm reading about here. i'm looking for an le auto and most dealers are quoting in the high 18K range. $16995?--i'll take two!
  • Vincent_HVincent_H Member Posts: 8
    Hello ralphwiggum1
    I am in Bay area too. Currently, I have quotation of $19500 before $1500 rebate for 2009 CAMRY LE. I am finding better deal now. When I find $17000 or around this price, will you join and buy two with me really?
    vincent, i am pricing two different camrys right now, le and se. my goal is to pay 17K (or less!) for an le or 18K ($1000 above an le price) for the se. so yeah, if we can combine for a better deal, let's do it. please keep me posted. thanks!
  • qiangqiang Member Posts: 10
    I am also in bay area. I think 17K or less for LE is VERY possible!

I once tried to ask some dealers to beat 17388 and 16995 separately, some said " if I can beat this price, will you buy it today" and another asked to be onsite to further discuss it...

Keep me posted, please.

Thanks!
    qiang, are you interested in being our third? i have to believe that our buying power increases with numbers.

as far as dealers saying they'll give you a deal, but that you have to come in--i'm hesitant to believe them as i've heard way too many stories about deals falling apart and time wasted. i won't go into the dealership until i have the deal in writing. even then, i'll go in with the check pre-written so there's no funny business.
    Definitely count me in. But ideally I want to buy a car soon since I am renting now...
    Actually I am planning to visit some local dealers and only do the below thing:

17K before any TTL fee, deal or no deal? :)
  • gbcacgbcac Member Posts: 7
    I also live near Bay area and planning to buy an LE/SE this weekend if get a better deal ..
    The best quote I get in Bay area until now is $20,533.49 (OTD price) for LE.

Any one get a better quote?

Thanks!
  • immuneimmune Member Posts: 3
    Hi, I am also in Bay area. I want to buy LE and to be your team.
    Just count me in and please keep me posted.
    Thank you.
    Hello Vincent_H,

Which dealership did you get this quote from?

Thanks!
    My best price in Bay area is $18,488 after $1,500 rebate.
    But, I don't think it is good price.
    Let's keep trying to get a better quote!

Thanks!
    Any dealer here can provide such price. Not good at all. :)

Let's keep trying!
  • bg2008bg2008 Member Posts: 4
    Hi,

I am in bay area too. I planning to buy LE Auto at 17K or less and to be your team. Thanks.
    wow, i'm surprised none of us have been able to find a better deal so far. my best quote is also 18500, which i think is terrible. you guys getting any better deals?
    I have seen an AD from Toyota dealer advertising :
    Toyota Camry(Automati) : MSRP 21114-2619(Dealer disc)-1500(rebate) =16995
    one at this price.
    Also an add from other dealer Rebate plus 0% APR ,(720 credit score)..
    If we can all buy together ,I think we can get similar deal ..
    I am planning to visit the dealer on Monday to see if can get this deal ..
    Hello qbcac,

Could you please share the dealer information with me?

Guys, how many heads, in Bay area, are in our group now? Maybe we should create our own small email group for immediate info sharing. :)

My email address is qiangmac@gmail.com. leave yours? Thanks!
    Hi, qiang.

I am with you. I'll send you e-mail right now.
    Let's make powerful team. :D
    Thanks.
    $21,114 MSRP is the CE (base) trim, not LE
    I also guess 16995 is for CE, MSRP of LE is usually around 22,xxx.

But the 0% APR is very interesting. The best APR from Toyota is 2.9% as I think.
  • bertmercbertmerc Member Posts: 3
    I just bought a 2009 Toyota Camry from Boch Toyota in Norwood, Massachusetts. I followed a lot of the things mentioned in this article (http://www.bargaineering.com/articles/how-to-buy-a-car-without-getting-screwed.- html) , especially getting the “Get the “drive it off the lot” price” from Consumer Reports for $14. It was well worth it. I paid $70 under dealer cost and they delivered the car to my town’s DMV (Dept of Motor Vehicles) to transfer plates. But before that I went to three different dealers in Connecticut (my home) and priced/test drove three different models. Doing your homework is well worth the time as I saved at least a $1,000. Just a side note, I didn’t want to buy a new car but my old one was totaled after hitting a deer. I guess it was my Karma to buy this car.
    Hello Vincent_H,

Where did you get the quote for 18000 (after rebate) for the 2009 Camry LE. I think it is very good in Bay area. Today I went with immune and tried several dealers and the best price they can offer is 18500 for the car.

God damn it.
    can you share the price (after rebate) please. I guess its 2009 LE Auto.
    Hello bertmerc,

is it possible that you share the OTD number in Bay area (94086 if you need the zip code) for 09 Camry LE base model? :)

Thanks a lot!
  • jianxumdjianxumd Member Posts: 2
    Brought 09 Camry base with AT( model 2514 for zip 21029. it is not called CE now, the next level is LE) at Clarksville MD at $17333, plus tax (the tax is calcualte with $17333+$1500 and then take the 1500 rebate out), regisiation fee and additional $100. Another dealer want to $17500 and plus the rest. The $1500 rebate is good before 2/1/09. good luck.
    Its Toyota of Stockton ... 0% APR AD is from Walnut Creek Toyota dealer
  • bg2008bg2008 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, qiang

I sent my email address to you.
    Visited Local dealer who agreed SE (MSRP 25814) OTD for 23.5K ..However APR was 4.9% and I have asked for 0.9% which did not work ..Not sure if 23.5K OTD on an SE is good price ...