Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abe3475abe3475 Member Posts: 2
    I am currently in the market for a new 2010 Camry XLE V6. I emailed a dealer a copy of the fitz automall price and they said they would match it. They also said they can match financing from other banks, you think they will match penfed 3.99?

Is this a good deal, or can I do better?
    Camry XLE V6 $27,272.00 + $120 Doc fee
    Added Options:
    50 State Emissions
    Carpet Floor/Trunk Mat (5-Piece Set)
    First Aid Kit
    Heated Front Seats
    Preferred Premium Accessory Package
    Smart Key System
    V.I.P. Glass Breakage Sensor (GBS

Thank you. :)
  • abchin486abchin486 Member Posts: 78
    No dealer can match that penfed rate, and if they could they wouldn't. The closest they could come is probably 4.X %

Where do you live? In New England, there is promotional financing of 2.9% for 3 years and 3.9% up to 5 years on 2010 camrys....so there is no need for penfed.
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    That is a good price. You could probably get it for 27200. Can't hurt to ask.

Good luck
  • penyrilehunterpenyrilehunter Member Posts: 4
    Bought the car from Micah at Beaman Toyota. I could finance through my credit union at 4.69% 60 months so I did not take the financing and the price included the 2000 rebate. If you buy in TN and have the dealer take care of the TTL, make sure that they figure the tax on the price after the rebate if applicable. Evidently TN charges sales tax on the rebate but KY does not and the TN dealers do not kow this. Make sure when the dealer sends the application for title to your local County Court Clerk that the list the rebate on it. When I did mine the county court clerks office scratched out the trade in value and wrote in rebate amount $2000.

I checked with dealers in Hopkinsville, Clarksville, Madisonville, Owensboro, Paducah, Evansville, Bowling Green, and Louisville and Beaman's first offer was 300 to 1200 below everyone elses starting price. I was looking for a 2009 and many dealer were out or had very limited supply of them.

If you do buy from Beaman the salesman did mention that one of the other 2009 LE Desert Sand Micah had been in a fender bender and had a fender repainted.

Hope this helps
  • wclarkjr1wclarkjr1 Member Posts: 19
    Looks like Toyota is offering 2.9% financing for 2010 Camrys in the North East.
    Any idea if/when this will extend to the South East?
  • knight4knight4 Member Posts: 10
    That looks a good deal. the offer I got so far is 17800 +TTL=18800 OTD.
    so I want to see if I can negotiate another 400 down.
  • hoskyhosky Member Posts: 2
    Purchased 2009 Camry LE w/ auto, tint, alloy wheels, leather (after-market), floormats, pinstripe.

Arlington, TX

$20,100 before TTL (includes $2000 rebate).
    $21,586 OTD (6.25% sales tax included)

Never negotiate in their showroom. Only do it from phone, email and fax. Find out exactly what you want and get quotes. Screw MSRP...too many dealer add ons. Deal with OTD price and before TTL only.
  • knight4knight4 Member Posts: 10
    can you share the information about the 09 Camry LE base price/OTD
    without those options? Thanks.
  • oysteroyster Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I am new to here. I am shopping Camry SE 2010 or 2009.
    I have a quick question.
    Is Fitxmall price real ? Comparing to local dealership in my area (Indiana), Fitzmall price is far lower than local dealership. (How they(Fitzmall) sell Camry SE 2010 at $1000 under invoice.??)

Thank you.
  • wayne52wayne52 Member Posts: 26
    Not sure this is the best way to explain it, but a former dealer explained it to me like this: the "invoice" is nothing more than a gimmick. He suggested asking any store to show you their invoice and see what response you got. The most likely response would be it is none of your business. It has little to do with the cost of the car to the dealer, but is just something to put out there for public consumption. He told me that just as Kelly Blue Book has a "price a car was worth" that dealers had a "white book" that has their actual costs. I once bought a car for "invoice" and the dealer had to pay another dealer $300 to get the car for me and had to pay the salesman for selling the car to me. I don't believe he did this as a community service, but did it for a profit. My friend told me if you want to get an idea of how much the dealer actually paid for the car that you should buy it and put a "for sale" sign on it and see how much YOU could sell it for. He said that would be in the neighborhood of what a dealer paid for the car because the market works pretty well.
  • gpb59gpb59 Member Posts: 106
    2009 camry xle V6 with 3000 miles, nav, premium sound, leather, moonroof

$27,200 + tax
  • in2explorein2explore Member Posts: 7
    Hey Oyster,

I bought at Fitzmall and I was thrilled. They have a terriffic reviews here on this site. Check em out under toyota and their zip.

The internet price was the price i paid. I had to pay NJ state fees after I drove the car back home. Awesome experience which all dealers were like em.
    gpb59,

I purchased a 10 XLE v6 w/o nav for 27300. If you don't need the nav, why not get a 10 w/o the miles?

Good luck
  • jaymkjaymk Member Posts: 86
    Thats a good idea, plus You will have a 2010 model vs 2009. Also it will increase the resale value. Also You can enjoy all one touch windows and the minor facial change and also what about the cool looking tail lights. Hey by the way are they LED's now? Enough Also's. Its your choice in the end.
    Thankyou
    Yes, the LED's are on the 2010.
  • sigsis72sigsis72 Member Posts: 5
    in2explore I am thinking about making a trip from NJ to the Pa Fitzmall . About a 3 hr. drive. From dealer reviews everyone claims they walk on water. Other than internet price what other fees do you have to pay. Has anyone gone to a local dealer and asked can they beat or match Fitzmall price?
    Hi sigsis72:
    I took in a print out of Fitzmall internet price. They did not match but I got the vehicle for 300 below invoice.

Cant hurt to bring in and see what they say. Good luck
    I went to local dealerships. (I am in small town, population is around 50k)
    They never let me know the exact APR. Is that general in "buy cars" ?
    They just tell the monthly payment. I cannot understand what they are doing.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    No, that is not standard practice. The dealerships do know what the APR rate is (Finance Department), now someone in sales may not know the rate and may ask you what monthly payment you're looking for but don't fall for that trap as you may wind up paying more for the vehicle than you should. If possible try to secure a loan before going to the dealership and then see if they can beat the interest rate.
  • sherif123sherif123 Member Posts: 6
    I am in NJ, I am shopping for camry 2010, i see some dealers have a vin start with Jthat means it is completed in Japan, is this true, and how much i can pay max, please advise,
  • sherif123sherif123 Member Posts: 6
    I am shopping for caqmry in nj, what prices max shoud i go for
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    try to match www.fitzmall.com prices, but also watch for all the miscellaneous add on fees that your local dealer will add on.
  • ppmmppmm Member Posts: 12
    Hi Guys,
    Plan to buy a 2009 or 2010 Camry LE around Baltimore area. Any advice on the dealers ? If you got a nice deal, please let me know.
    My email: loveDA40 AT gmail.com
    Thanks a bunch!

PP
  • honda_man2honda_man2 Member Posts: 19
    I'm a little confused here. The price I see on that Fitzmall for a 2010 Camry LE is $19,300 but I'm seeing messages people are posting for the same car for under $18K. Are they posting messages about model year 2009 not 2010?
  • atlantaroseatlantarose Member Posts: 10
    I know the 2009 incentives are better but in the long run would the 2010 be a better choice???
  • gabbogabbo Member Posts: 35
    Long story short, I'm helping mom with the purchase of another car.

She's pretty much narrowed it down to a Camry and is looking to pay cash. She doesn't drive much (less than 8,000 a year). She's very practical and wants something to get around town in and take an occasional trip to see the grandkids.

She's doesn't care about most of the add-on gadgets, a lot of horsepower, etc. As long as it's got power windows/locks a CD player and sand, silver or black - she's good. She was looking to spend $17,000-$19,000. Originally I was looking at 1-2 year old models...but it sounds like she can probably get an 4-cylinder LE brand new for that price.

I live in the DFW area, so there are plenty of dealers locally. Since it's a cash deal, I just want to get the best possible deal. Are the rebates just on the 2009? What options/packages may make sense to consider? I've driven the car, so I'm thinking about just working by e-mail/phone and going for the best bottom line deal. Is that an effective approach? Any advice would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks!
    So far on the 2009 Camry's I seen combined rebates of as much as $3800 ($1800 dealer rebate & $2000 factory).
    I heard from dealership that special APR offering is just for those who has credit score over 690.
    Is that correct? or only for QUALIFIED ?

What's the trueth ?
    Hi Guys,

I am planning to buy a new camry while trade-in my old car.

When should I talk with the salesman about the trade-in ? Should I get the new car price quote first and then tell them about trade-in ? Or should we talk about trade-in at the beginning ? Confused.

Thanks,
    PP
    Personally, I'm upfront about the trade-in. The only thing you need to be careful of is keeping the financials separate and clear in your mind. Negotiate to the price of the new vehicle, and then negotiate to the value of the tradein. You should go to CarMax or someplace that will give you an actual quote to buy your vehicle outright, so that you know exactly what the real value will be. People tend to overstate a vehicles condition, and get all excited about what their tradein is worth. Consider selling on your own, as you will undoubtedly feel that you got less than it was worth to you. The key words are 'worth to you', versus worth to someone else. The dealership may just end up sending it to auction to get rid of it.

Many states deduct the value of the tradein, and only charge you sales tax on the net difference. So check your state laws. If they do, you would pay less in sales tax if you trade to the dealer as opposed to selling outright and giving $$. You have to work the numbers to understand the actual difference, might be worth a couple of hundred dollars in difference.

Some people will claim to not have a tradein and then spring it on the salesman after they've come to agreement on the new vehicle. To me, that doesn't build trust, most salesman might suspect that could happen anyhow, and it just wastes everyone's time to have to redo all of the numbers. Just be upfront, but keep the transactions menatlly separate in case you decide to not trade the vehicle in and sell it on your own.
    I ended up getting the 2010 over the "09" yesterday. Since it was month end and quarter end I ended up getting an incredible deal. I worked with a gentleman from a company called Auto Advisors who helped me locate the deal within a day.

My situation was unique in that I had a leased vehicle to trade in that had a lot of miles on it (which would have cost me about $7k) and $4k in negative equity. We were able to absorb the negative equity and come in under MSRP (right at invoice). Thank God!
    HI Kiawah,
    Many thanks for the advice!
    I will be upfront about it. The trade-in price on KBB is kind of low.
    PP
  • cyrusdcyrusd Member Posts: 25
    I was quoted $25,500 OTD for this vehicle (we pay 6.25% tax in TX). The price before TTL should be about $23,817. Is this price OK?

Thank you.
  • wisteriianwisteriian Member Posts: 2
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking at the 2010 Camry XLE V6 and was quoted $28,800 OTD by a Southern California dealer. It's standard options without navigation. Apparently this quote includes a $1,000 rebate. I feel this is too high and would like your take.

Also, for new XLE V6 owners would like to know your opinion on how the car handles.

Thanks!
  • ilovetrailersilovetrailers Member Posts: 27
    Purchased 2010 Camry XLE V6 two weeks ago. Car has all options including nav, heated seats, push button start and mats.

I paid $ 29,040.50 for the Camry with no trade. MSRP was $ 32,665 We took 3.9% financing for 60 months through Toyota as no rebate was offered.

This is our 3rd Camry (2005 LE & 2007 LE) but our first V6. I really enjoy the extra power going up the hills. I noticed the 4 cylinder was always downshifting, but this one is a lot smoother overall.

Nav is over kill due to price but it came on car so I took it.

Had JBL on all cars because the sound is really good. Only thing I wish for is a full size spare. Our 2005 was rear ended at 70 mph and full size spare saved family in my opinion.

We currently have 3 toyota vehicles ( 08 Sienna, 10 Prius, and 10 Camry). They are all great. If you are looking for sporty then look elsewhere. They do what they were designed to do very well.

Jim
  • ricusricus Member Posts: 2
    I just purchased my new Camry Hybrid a few weeks ago and I was able to get it for 6,000 off MSRP. It was cheaper to purchase than the 2008 Prius that I already own and I could not be happier with the car. I bought mine from Jim Coleman in Bethesda. My only problem with Toyota is that the dealers are not good at servicing the cars in my area. Most non-dealers are much better at taking car of customers after the sale. Why can't Toyota demand higher customer satisfaction from the service end? None in the metro DC area dealers have a good rating. This is my third Camry, and I love these cars for the type of travel that I normally do. My last Camry had only one part go bad in eight years which was a bulb on the dash that I easily replaced in 10 minutes. Those who say that the Fusion is better, should look at Ford's repair history first and compare it to the Toyota Camry.

Oh what a feeling..........................
  • ricusricus Member Posts: 2
    just got mine for 6k under MSRP. There are deals out there for this car.
    We purchased a XLE V6 (first Toyota) two weeks ago in SE PA. Our price was 27300 (w/o nav) plus the 1000 rebate. I guess demographics plays a part in the price.

You should be able to get it at invoice or below.

Handling is good. I can't complain. I wish I could drive it more but it is my wife's car.

Good luck.
  • wisteriianwisteriian Member Posts: 2
    What is the sales tax in SE PA? Also, how much below invoice did you get the XLE for?

Thanks!
    Tax is 6%. 300 below invoice. I showed them the fitzmall internet price (27004) but they did not match. Once I said 27300 they jumped on it. I should have started lower. I got the graduate rebate too.
  • smartshoppermasmartshopperma Member Posts: 17
    abchin486 I am in Massachusetts and thinking of buying a Camry LE from IRA. Can you tell me which of the IRA locations did your mom get her car from and will you mind sharing the name of the sales person. Thank you.
    What is the difference between Camry Base and LE model ? Any answers ?
    Thanks !
    PP
  • arayanarayan Member Posts: 4
    Last week I went to a dealer in NC and negotiated for a 2010 Camry LE.The car was supposed to be at the dealers place July 24th.Its still in factory I think.After I made the deposit the dealer said that the VIN would cange when I take delivery.He says that since the car is not built yet it gets assigned an interim VIN and a new VIN will be assigned after its built.
    I think the dealer tricked me on this. :mad: Is he trying to swap an existng car and install the options like sunroof,leather seats and alloy wheels OEM? If not how can I make sure all options are factory installed?
    thank you
    In NC, you can check the inventory of all of the dealerships on the Toyota website.

I had ordered a 2007 with features that none of the local dealerships had, and I was able to track it, get assigned from the port to the local dealership where I placed my order, and I knew exactly when it was going to hit the dealer lot.

They may have seen one available at the port when you were negotiating, yet when they went to grab it....some other dealership had it so they're going after another.

Personally, I think the line about VIN numbers changing is BS. But give them some leeway to find your car and bring it in. They swap around all the time to get the specific vehicles they need with their allotments.

It's been a couple years since I've been crawling thru the inner workings, but there are a number of options that are installed at the port, and others that get installed locally at the dealership or thru a local company they sub it out to.

I know my mirror for instance, was installed locally. That option wasn't on the spec sheet coming in from the port, but I knew the dealer had ordered the part and was putting it on. My local dealership also had a leather shop that did all of their leathers.
  • arayanarayan Member Posts: 4
    Thank you for your quick reponse.My only concern was the installation of the options mainly sunroof .As long as its done at the factory/ port ( I am not sure why its done at port and not factory) and not dealership I am ok with it even if the VIN changes.So based on your coments it looks like I can ask for the spec sheet (is the spec sheet the one thats stuck on the car window with MSR?) and verify if all options are done on port and not dealer.
    If the options are installed at th dealer what recourse do I have?
    thanks again for sharing your experience,\
    Can't swear to it as it's been a couple years, but I believe the sunroof is a port installed option.

Not sure why it matters, but if there is something wrong with the installation then you don't buy the car. Look at your dealerships inventory, focus on the vehicles that don't show as on the lot and available yet, and see if they have sunroofs coming from the port.

If you want to go as far and be able to prove something, start tracking their inventory yourself by VIN number, as to whether it's coming from the port with Sunroof or not. Then when they tell you your VIN number, you'll know whether it came from the port that way, or was installed locally.
  • abchin486abchin486 Member Posts: 78
    auto adjustable seats. Maybe some other things, but it really not that different at all.
    Hello abchin486

I had asked this question earlier but you may have missed it. I am in Massachusetts and thinking of buying a Camry LE from IRA. Can you tell me which of the IRA locations did your mom get her car from and will you mind sharing who she dealt with? Thank you.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Power drivers seat and keyless entry. See Toyota.com or Edmunds.
    According to toyota.com/compare both have keyless entry. However, under "build your car" there is no mention of keyless entry under Camry but it lists "multi-function remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock, trunk-release panic features and illuminated entry" under Camry LE.

Other differences seem to be: LE has driver's side power seat and color selection for Camry Base is limited to black, white, silver, sandy beach and blue ribbon.