Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• skbostonskboston Member Posts: 5
    I have received the best offer of $19566 + TTL & 289 doc fee. The Invoice on this is 20550 (including destination + Mats)

Is this is a good price? Anyone buy recently pls. let me know.

Thanks
  • gabbogabbo Member Posts: 35
    Does anyone know if the $2,000 rebates on the 2009 LE's have been extended into July?

Thanks!
    smartshopperma...
    This is IRA at Tewksbury. The deal they had for 18995 was valid till 07/05th but i guess if you haggle a bit they will give it to you. Good Luck!!
  • arayanarayan Member Posts: 4
    For Camry LEs are the leather seats always installed OEM at dealer?I thought there are LEs with leather seats from factory.Anyone know?
    Thanks
  • ppmmppmm Member Posts: 12
    Thanks abchin486, mcdawgg and smartshopperma.

Looks like both have the keyless entry. Power driver seat is the only significant difference. Then it does not worth 1000$ extra to buy LE.
    No. I thought that too until i visited the dealer today. There was an LE with Leather and moonroof all factory fitted. Although it seems this is not a very pospular option. You will have to search a bit to find this factory fitted. Dealer fitted may be ok but some risk is there as they are not experts and could have some minor quality issues or major depending on who does it. So i would not get them dealer fitted for sunroof atleast.
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    I'd check again on the keyless being equipped on the base model Camry. My base has power locks, but no keyless. In 07, 08, and 09, that's the way the base model came - that and no power driver's seat. I'd be surprised if they changed this for 2010.
  • bobrab48bobrab48 Member Posts: 1
    I own a 2010 base Camry and it does not have keyless entry.
  • petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    I'm considering a 2010 camry le purchase with jbl option and satellite radio. It looks like the satellite receiver is a dealer add on. Any comments on the price of this add on?
  • abchin486abchin486 Member Posts: 78
    yeah, they sent me an email saying 18895. I just dealt with the internet guy (Clemente)and made an appt. My mom went down and did the talking (it was her car and I was at work). She met with a guy named Johny Dang. I thought my mom understood that the price was before tax, but i guess she didn't.

They recently sent an email with a similiar offer of 18995.

If that does not work out, go to boch. They suck as a dealership because they prey on people who have no idea what they are doing, but sometimes they are able to get you top pricing if you know what you want to pay because they always claim to undercut everybody.
  • guntherhopsguntherhops Member Posts: 21
    I wasn't really ready for a new car, but if Barack & Co. want to give me 3500-4500 for my old '94 minivan that gets driven every 2-3 months, hey, I'll take it.
    I've got a '05 V6 Accord that runs great, but's really noisy on the highway - I spend lots of time driving from Allentown to NYC, and I can't hear the great tunes on satellite radio.
    Camry is supposed to quiet, and I've got to say the 4 cyl was almost as nice as the V6 in this regard, except when gunning it from a dead stop. And of course it's not as quick, but I can live without that.
    I've been to Krause Toyota and I'll check out Bennett. I'm looking for a 4cyl XLE, fabric seats, no navigation. Can I get them to sell it for dealer invoice? Any better deals than that? They mentioned 500 cash back from Toyota during July - any way to work this?
  • smartshoppermasmartshopperma Member Posts: 17
    Talked to Johny Dang, without knowing your mom's name he couldn't pull up her paper work but he insists that out the door price of $19,000 including Tax and dealer fees is not possible.

Was there a trade-in or dealer financing involved? Sometimes dealers will give a low price and then add all types of hidden costs in financing.
  • chris789chris789 Member Posts: 37
    I got a price from a dealership in the San Francisco Bayarea in Hayward for a standard camry le 4 cylinder for $19,500. Is this a good deal or are people getting the car for less?

tia,
    Chris
    no. They tried forcing her to to get non special financing (10%...geesh), but they gave the special 1.9 APR or whatever the rate was in the end. No trade. That was the OTD cost with everything. While i will not give you my mom's name online (that is way too personal) I will tell you that he is pulling your chain and playing dumb. That said, Jony Dang was teh gu she was schedualed to meet. Whether it was him or not, I do not know. Like I said...take it to boch and see what price they can give you.
  • pf2001pf2001 Member Posts: 110
    Guntherhops,

You can get the vehicle for invoice or just below. I got my XLE V6 2010 (no nav) for 300 below invoice. I used fitzmall internet price as a starting point. I'm in Montgo Co. HTH and good luck
  • toyofan3toyofan3 Member Posts: 4
    I have had my XLEv6 with puch button start and mats for 3 weeks, paid 27504 which is Fitzmall price plus $500.00. Which is what it would have cost me to fly to MD and drive 8+ hours back. Love the 2010 LEDs and green color. Handles like a dream. Very powerful, smooth and quiet.
    I don't need the power seat but I do need the keyless entry. Is it possible to buy a 2010 Base Camry and ask the deal to add keyless option ?
    Price wise, it should be cheaper than the LE, right?

PP
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Whatever you do, I personally wouldn't recommend an aftermarket add on.

As a side bit of info, the security key with integrated keyfob is a couple hundred bucks by itself. With an LE (at least in 2007) you get two of the integrated keyfobs and a valet key. The security system will accept security programming for up to 4 keys, if you want to add another key.

We did buy an extra key later, and it needs to be cut, then the security system programmed to work with it, and then the keyless entry programmed to work with it.

My advice, get the LE, and don't be messing around to trying to add something later.
    You could try to ask the dealer. If they agree, they will probably get you for $400. If that fails, you could take it to a GOOD aftermarket alarm/car stereo store. I've read that some people have had it done for about $150-200. The only risk in doing this is if something electrical went wrong, Toyota could deny warranty coverage, blaming it on the keyless. That's why I would go to a very good aftermarket store and talk with them about the warranty and their guarantees, etc.

I was going to have it done to mine, but I've gotten used to it now, so I'll just live with using the key.

Some people say the power driver's seat is more comfortable than the base's manual seat, but to me the seat and keyless is not worth the $1,000 + extra for the LE.
  • skomanskoman Member Posts: 24
    With the limited inventory out there on SEs I am not finding models in the color or options I want on this car. Can I negotiate a lower than invoice price on a special order SE that only has the options I want? which are leather and push button start? Let me know your thoughts or experience on ordering a specific model please. My thought is that they dont have to inventory the car except for a day or two so it is a quick clean sale for the dealer but maybe I am too optimistic. I can buy from any dealer in the midwest as I travel from WV to MN on business. thanks
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Salesman make commissions when the tires roll over the curb, they have their instant gratification DNA bit turned on. I believe the prioritization sequence typically would be:
    - now from the dealership lot is preferred,
    - now with a swap from another dealer,
    - an on order shipping to the dealership
    - grabbing an open one at the port to fulfill your desires

I executed the last one when we picked up our 07 LE, because I wanted VSC and in early model year production there weren't many in the south. Luckily I hit a salesman who was a professional 20 year long term salesman who was making enough money that putting one in the bank for a future month was okay for him.
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    Toyota is offering a $1000 rebate on the 2010 Camry. Valid until 8/3/09.
    Depends on what region you are in.
    I have done it, so it is possible. But, it does depend on the dealer and/or the salesperson. Just shop around until you find one that will do it for you.
  • chicagocamrychicagocamry Member Posts: 29
    Ah, I didn't realize it is based on region. I now found this web site where you can enter your zip code and check the rebate.
    http://www.carsdirect.com/toyota/camry/rebates
    Yes, it is good to check, especially if you are close to another region. Then, just go to a dealer in the region with the better rebate!
    Hello abchin486:

This morning we went to IRA (met Johny Dang), Boch and Bernadi - no one is willing to come even close to $19K OTD. This would put the Camry LE at $18,100 including doc. fee. Assuming a $300 doc fee they will have to sell the car with an MSRP of $22,820 for $17,800.

Will you mind looking over your mom's numbers to make sure that they did indeed sell her an LE and not the base model or charged her sales tax separately as a part of the registration fee?

Can you also reconfirm if she dealt with Johny, if not then the name of her sales person will be a great help.

Thank you.
    Hello smartshopperma

I just bought the Camry LE w/sunroof, Alloy wheels and Rr. Spoiler. I just wanted the sunroof and did not wanted the last two options but they came like that from factory so had to go with it. But i got a very good deal. My price for the Toyota Camry LE with these options was 19,897. Now if you take the price of the options away (around $1600) the price i got for LE standard is 19897-1600 = 18297.00 + Tax, Title & doc fee of 250/ I think this is the best deal you can get anywhere....believe me...if you need to get in touch with the dealer send me email privately at [email protected] and i will provide you the info along with the person i dealt with...
    I bought a 2010 model...
    Hello skboston

Sent you email - with your help I hope we will be able to get as good a deal as the one you got. Thank you.
  • irsharifirsharif Member Posts: 1
    Wow, That is a good deal on a 2010 Camry LE. Which dealership did you get it from and who was your salesperson. I'm looking to get a new camry for my wife. What was on adds on the vehicle, alloys, sunroof, leather and spoiler??
    You have to realize that she bought the car last month. Incentives change every month. It is an LE. It says LE on the back of the car. The sticker has an msrp of 22,820 or something similiar. I have no idea if she met with johny or not. All I know is that she was schedualed to meet with him. For all I know, they pull the same stunt that other dealers pull, scheduale with manager, get sales guy instead.

Also, they may have been willing to deal the car for a smaller profit at that time.
    Just ordered a Camry LE (MSRP $22,850) for $18,395 plus sales tax, registration and $295 doc. fee. The price included just one $500 rebate for financing through Toyota. However, for this price the choice of car was limited to cars in dealer's lot. I negotiated the deal over the phone and when we went to the dealer everything went exactly as they had promised. The only slight hitch was that they tried to give me a car with MSRP of $22,820 - same car but an older build date. However, since I had negotiated my cost based on MSRP they agreed to switch the car to one with $22,850 which has a build date of 06/09.

I am in the Boston area, if anyone is interested please post your email and I will send you all the details.
    WOW!! Sounds like a great score. Was that for an 09 or 10???

I'm working some options on an 09 at some local dealers this week. I am looking at an LE with the wheel upgrade. Several dealers in town have the exact model I'm looking for on their lot Most of them also have some overpriced add-ons (Luster package, window tint, etc). I had originally thought that anyone who could come in at $19,500or below had a deal - but now I'm wondering if I should aim lower...
    I paid $18,395 for a 2010 Camry LE, 2.5 Liter 4 Cylinder, 6-Speed Automatic and Carpet Trunk Mat Set.

I did look at 2009 but the price I was getting was not all that great. Plus 2010 has a slightly larger engine, 6-Speed rather than 5-Speed transmission and the biggest difference is that Vehicle Stability Control with traction control is standard on 2010 whereas it is an expensive option on 2009.

Also, when you go to sell the car 2010 will fetch more than a 2009.
    I didn't realize they were making those sort of deals on 2010's!!!

If I they will make those kind of deals on a 2010, I am all over it. I was pretty much settling for a 2009 thinking the combination of $1500 factory to dealer plus wanting to clear them out would make them more willing to deal. But if they are moving 2010's.

There is plenty of inventory on the ground in the DFW lots all over the metro area. I am ready to buy a car this week, so whoever can make the best deal is going to make a very easy sale.
  • wyzustcwyzustc Member Posts: 3
    Is $18,395 a OTD price? Thanks
    Guess you missed my original post so here it is again:

Just ordered a 2010 Camry LE (MSRP $22,850) for $18,395 plus sales tax, registration and $295 doc. fee. The price included just one $500 rebate for financing through Toyota. However, for this price the choice of car was limited to cars in dealer's lot. I negotiated the deal over the phone and when we went to the dealer everything went exactly as they had promised. The only slight hitch was that they tried to give me a car with MSRP of $22,820 - same car but an older build date. However, since I had negotiated my cost based on MSRP they agreed to switch the car to one with $22,850 which has a build date of 06/09.

OTD price will depend on your State's sales tax which in Massachusetts is 5% (increasing to 6.25% on August 1) and registration fee for your DMV.

I am in the Boston area, if anyone is interested please post your email and I will send you all the details.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    I don't think you'll see those kind of deals in Tx on the 2010's, at least in my area they are still trying to clear the 09's out so no great deal on the 2010's yet.
  • wyzustcwyzustc Member Posts: 3
    I just moved from Boston to CA. I hate sale tax here.
    I'll give it a shot to see, but am fine with an 09 if it comes to that. I'm buying the car for my mother, she won't notice the difference between the the 159hp or 169hp.

They've been a bit slower than expected to move off the 09 prices. In fact, one dealer was more aggressively quoting the 2010. I know the $2,000 customer rebate expired, but with the $1500 factory to dealer incentive - plus the glut of 09's in stock....
    Hi, Smartshopperma,

Would you please send all the details to my email?
    [email protected].

Many thanks,

Q
    Got it. Thanks a lot !
    Q
  • 2010carbuyer2010carbuyer Member Posts: 1
    Can you send me the details of your purchase. My Dad was going to trade in his 2001 OLDs and pay 18800 for 2010 Camry. Sounds hi compared to what you paid. Can you send me the information on your deal to [email protected]. Thanks My dad is 81 years old. Is he getting a good deal?
    I did not want to confuse the issue but in addition to the $18,395 deal I mentioned earlier I am also participating in "Cash for Clunkers" program. We did the Purchase Agreement on 7/14 and the dealer agreed to wait registering the car until the program goes in effect on 7/24. Since the '96 minivan I am junking qualifies for $3,500 rebate my final purchase price for a 2010 Camry LE will drop down to $14,895 plus tax, etc.

You can read about this program at http://www.cars.gov/
  • pat82pat82 Member Posts: 11
    replying to smartshopperma

Did you mention the $3,500 rebate BEFORE you started negiations? I was at a Nissan dealership and that's all the were going to give me off a altima. I left. Did any one consider the altmia or the Hyndia sonata before deciding on the camry? Looking for a car with a back seat with enough leg room for a 6"00 son to ride in the back.

Any comments
  • mike_smithmike_smith Member Posts: 11
    I am being offered a 2010 CAMRY LE 4CYL 2532 for 18025+Tax+License Fees etc. A couple dealers have agreed to give the car at this price. I am not sure if this is the right price or not. Could anyone please comment. I am in California.

Thank You

Mike
    From what I remember I told the dealer about "Cash for Clunkers" very shortly after I started talking to the to him. Actually he gave me the $18,395 price without much haggling.

Mike,
    It is my understanding that Toyota is offering a $1,000 rebate in a number of States including CA. unfortunately they are offering only $500 to North Eastern States. $18,025 sounds good but $17,895 would be better.
  • jiajiamamajiajiamama Member Posts: 1
    May I have all the details sent to my email box [email protected]? Many thanks.
  • happygrumpyhappygrumpy Member Posts: 1
    Hello Mike,
    I am looking for a 2010 Camry LE like you, and I am living around San Francisco. I guess if we try to buy it together, you and I could save more money. What do you think? Please let me know your opinion to [email protected] Thank you.
    - Joe