Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    cc62966cc62966 Member Posts: 30
    Auto and NOT LE. The options were AC, PS, PW, PD, CD/MP3, Central locks etc. and the only dealer add on were the carpets. The college grad rebate was $1000 and there was another $1000 rebate for financing through World Omni (Toyota's financing company). Everything except my local registration fees ($78) were included in the $18K.
  • Options
    jasonbocajasonboca Member Posts: 3
    Could you please give us the location (City) and dealer name which you got your deal? We are looking for a Camry 2010 CE/LE right now but have not find a deal yet.
    Thanks
  • Options
    twing54twing54 Member Posts: 4
    Does it matter? You researched, shopped for the best deal and you like your new car. Be happy! :)
  • Options
    Well, that was very helpful! Is this not the forum to discuss prices? I need to know if there is a better deal to be had, because I have family members looking for a similar car. If you have no opinion one way or another - just move on!
  • Options
    purpdragon1689purpdragon1689 Member Posts: 2
    The dealer asked OTD $23000. Is it resonable? Or just wait? Anyone has comments?
  • Options
    corolla_e11corolla_e11 Member Posts: 18
    Hi purpdragon1689,

unfortunately you don't provide more information regarding the quote you got....
    For an XLE that's a good deal for an LE not good at all.

Please provide more info.

BTW if you could just be patient for 2 to 3 weeks I guess the time will be a buyer market. Dealership will beg to have 5 car sales in a week and therefore the price will go down and they'll not turn an offer.

E11_Corolla
  • Options
    purpdragon1689purpdragon1689 Member Posts: 2
    It is LE. What price is a good deal in your mind? Maybe I just wait longer time?
  • Options
    bob292bob292 Member Posts: 4
    Negotiated for a couple of hours at a local dealer in SC today. Got 2 deals:
    1. SE V6. Cloth seats, moonroof, rear spoiler, mats, no push button start, no blue tooth, Extra Value Package #1 (moonroof, rear spoiler, dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors, rear personal reading assistance lights). Everythig else, I think is standard SE V6 equipment. $22,875 + $300 dealer's fee + $25 tags + $300 sales tax (yes in SC we only pay flat rate sales tax of $300) sales tax. Total out the door price = $23,500.

2. XLE V6: Leather, moonroof, rear spoiler, mats, JBL stereo with blue tooth. No navigation. Sticker price close to $31,000. Deal I got was $25,375+ $300 dealer's fee + $25 tags + $300 sales tax. Total out the door price = $26,000.

Both are cash deals.

I was originally going for SE V6. I liked the deal #1 and was going to get it, but then I saw XLE V6 and started to drool. I wanted it, got the deal #2. But walked out and didn't purchase anything today. I wanted the XLE but it's $2,500 more than SE V6. I like the price of SE but want XLE. Don't know what to do.

1)What do you think is the better deal?
    2)Do you think as we are approaching the holidays they will have better Toyota incentives after November 2nd?
    3)Should I wait and hope I get a better deal on XLE?
  • Options
    Hi bob292,

The XLE seems to be a really good deal.It"s almost 5K Off on MSRP.
    But you mentioned earlier the deals are cash price....

I'll go for the XLE because you got more options for the money.
    Just an example here in texas I'll not need the leather seats but I'll pay 2500 more for all other options on the XLE. The JBL sound system + bluetoot + leather seats + luxurus interieur all those are more than $2600.

I'll personnaly go with the XLE and I think this is a good deal but you'll need to cash.

What are your thoughts?

E11_Corolla
  • Options
    corolla_e11

I agree with you, all those additional options worth more than $2500 ( I didn't even think about it in those terms, thanks for pointing it out to me).
    Plus, like I was saying, I went in to get an SE (had cash with me), but after I saw XLE, I decided not get SE because XLE was so much more superior (to me at least). I just don't know if I'm ready to part with additional $2500.
    Also, I wanted to find out what the invoice is on that XLE. Don't know where to get that figure.
    But thanks for your opinion.
  • Options
    Here the list of all 2010 camrys with prices:
    http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2010/index.html

and click on the XLE.

Hope It help

E11_Corolla
  • Options
    corolla_e11

Thanks.

I guess, both deals I got for XLE V6 and SE V6 are roughly $2500 under invoice if I figured correctly.
  • Options
    voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    In my opinion, an XLE V-6 will hold its value better than the SE V-6
  • Options
    ronghrongh Member Posts: 4
    Hello Mike,

I am planning to buy the same car as yours. Would you please email me the information regarding the deal that you received or some forms of proof that the dealer will accept to give me the same deal? Thank you so much. My email: hr111@hotmail.com.

Thanks a lot!

Renee
  • Options
    mymmmymm Member Posts: 2
    Could you please tell me the location and dealer name which you got your deal? I am looking for a Camry 2010 CE or LE right now. My e-mail: mymm2007@yahoo.com.
    Thanks
  • Options
    spt3spt3 Member Posts: 6
    Hello everyone! Got a price for an 2010 LE with moonroof, carpet mats and alloy wheels for an out the door price of 22,206.00 (this includes all taxes 6%, tages and dealer fees. Is this a good price or do you think there will be better deals at end of month? Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    Seems like a good price. Seeing that Toyota posted profits last quarter and improved their outlook for the rest of the year, and considering all the adds they are running, I am not convinced that they will drastically reduce their prices like some here suggest. I know some dealers try to run Christmas time specials, but I have never found an exceptional deal during Christmas time.
  • Options
    Just got a 2010 XLE V6. No navigation. MSRP $30,450. Got it for $24,850 + $650 TTL = $25,500 total out the door (including all fees, tags, taxes).
  • Options
    bob292,

Woo, that's a great deal.

I'm looking know for a XLE too since the LE with upgrades are just expensives as the XLE. In which state are you located and what dealership is that.

Got today a quote for XLE for 25.600 and 1 for 26.666 + Tax. For Austin TX that's great but couldn't get the white color.

Thanks

E11_Corolla
  • Options
    skv19skv19 Member Posts: 2
    I got following quote from dealer in PA. Please let me know is it a good deal or not?
    LE:
    19,988 + Tax (6%)+Tag&Reg ($75) +Doc($120) - 2.9% APR

I can take $750 rebate and find finance elsewhere.

Appreciate your quick response, as my old car is totalled in an accident recently, so I need to take decision soon.
  • Options
    Hi skv19,

please tell us more about the LE quote and upgrades you got. Is it a basic LE or had some upgrades. If this is a the basic LE then I guess you can still negotiate since 19.988 is probably the sticker price and If the car has no/few options then you are not making a good deal vs. some one getting a LE with options and just paying the $Invoice = $MSRP - $Upgrages.
    Right know poeple are getting just more upgrades for the price on XLE arround 25K- 26K; It's much better than having a basic LE and try to get upgrades on It.

Also be aware of taking the $750 and get the financing else where because don't know If you'll be able to get the 3.0% right know even with credit unions. The 2.9% for 60 months from Toyata should be the best rate on the market know for a Camry unless I'm wrong. If then please feel free to correct me.

FYI I'm located in TX.

Thanks
    E11_Corolla
  • Options
    megahitmegahit Member Posts: 10
    could you please tell me which dealer and location this is. I am planning to take one next week. Please email me to jeobup@gmail.com
  • Options
    citron001citron001 Member Posts: 3
    I just got a brand new 2010 camry le auto 4 cylinder in maryland today. $19000 (freight and $750 rebate included) + TTL. Good luck everyone.
  • Options
    cbw339cbw339 Member Posts: 1
    I got the quote from local dealer is 19888+fee . anyone can tell me some experience or recommendation about purchase this model? The ideal price for this car is 20200 OTD . is it reasonable? My email address is cbwfll@163.com
    I live in CA
  • Options
    gtc7gtc7 Member Posts: 2
    Hi, new to this forum. I am looking to purchase 2010 SE auto I4 this winter in the DC area. A local dealership posts very competitive prices on their website. They have SE listed at $21543 internet price (includes JBL 6 disc CD, 8 speaker upgrade), no moonroof/lid spoiler though. They are showing that "invoice" price is $23362.

This seems like a good price. Any advice? Would I be able to get this price lower?
  • Options
    chairochairo Member Posts: 2
    What do you think of the quote from a dealer?
    $ 20,885 (includes destination chg, floormats) + (tax, licence and doc fees) - rebate

I live in So. Cal.

Also what is the difference (if any) between Toyota Bluetooth and Blue Logic Bluetooth? Do you recommend this Blue Logic

Thanks.
  • Options
    spt3spt3 Member Posts: 6
    I think you can get a better deal. Go onto zag.com and get a price quote from there and than e-mail all local area dealers and try to get them to beat that price. I got a good price from a pa. dealer on a le with moonroof and mats and alloy wheels for 21,600 out the door and they were willing to go even lower on that price!
  • Options
    chairochairo Member Posts: 2
    Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. I checked it out Zag.com; it is a good resource. The price I got is actually a bit lower than the price from the website. The deal you got sounds really good; congrats! May be higher pricing in general is a SoCal thing.
  • Options
    mymmmymm Member Posts: 2
    I got Camry LE, out of Door $19600 in DC area. Is it a good deal?
  • Options
    petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    That's an excellent deal on an SE, go for it!!
  • Options
    gtc7gtc7 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you for your opinion!

I went on Zag.com as recommended by spt3 and got pretty much the same exact quote as the one I received from the dealer. I will contact some dealers around and see if they can go any lower.

Might wait until after the current incentive expire on 11/16. I'm guessing they will either have better incentives or extend the current offer.
  • Options
    camry_or_acccamry_or_acc Member Posts: 1
    2010 Camry LE model - got a dealer quote for $20,700 + tax and fees (and 2.9% APR) . MSRP is 22850 . invoice is 19820+750 (750 = Destination charge) . TMV as per edmnunds site is $21,271 . And this is in New York. is this a good price or should I wait?
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Hop a train to DC.........save yourself about 1500 bucks.

Camry LE 2010

• Options
    gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    ...I don't think you can get that price along w/ 2.9% but I might be wrong.
  • Options
    garpgarp Member Posts: 4
    I went and test drove an LE yesterday. Really liked it.. would you guys advice to wait till December end? I can wait if it could save me some money. Generally what kind of deals does Toyota offer during year end?
  • Options
    petras2petras2 Member Posts: 104
    Hard to say what toyota will do but in a recent WSJ ariticle, toyota camry/solara sales numbers for Oct/09 are third highest among all vehicles..also the georgetown, ky. plant is recalling/hiring workers..to me that doesn't bode well for extended incentives but dec. is usually a slow month so who knows..also you need to consider that the federal sales tax deduction on new car purchases expires at the end of Dec...
  • Options
    garpgarp Member Posts: 4
    that's true. I guess, it may not be as lucrative to wait, but can not hurt... thanks for the advice...
  • Options
    Greetings!

Hey just got my 2010 Camry XLE, 4 cylinder, no leather seats, just the standard XLE.
    Traded my 2008 Corolla inwith 24,500 miles for $9,5000. The traide in value was OK, + 500 loyalty discount.

2010 camry Invoice:______$ 25300

Taxable Tota___________: $ 15.921
    Balance owed on trade/in_: $ 11.064
    Tax:___________________$ 995
    Dealer Inventory:_________$ 45.94
    Vehicule inspection:______$ 23.80
    License/Title____________$ 93.80
    Gap Insurance __________$ 299.00
    ______________________---------------
    ______________________$ 28310

Cash down_____________ $ 9.000

Financing Amount $ 19,564

Payment $350/monthly, 2.9 for 60 months. FYI: location is Austin, Texas

Also added extended waranty for 100,000 miles/72 months for 1900. But didn't take the waranty cost in the loan. We've setup an installement for 1 year no interest for $142/month + 192 cash down to pay the extended waranty off.

FYI: I'll drive this car until It fall a part just to justify the extended waranty.

My objective was to say under $350 in the case you lose ur job you can still make your monthly payment.

So know regarding the question to wait until December. I tried also to wait until next December but after Toyota publish his sales for October I decided to buy this month because there may be a high probability that toyota don't offer the 2.9% for 60 months any more specially on the camry. That why I've decided not to wait until december; 2.9% on 25,000 is way better than 6.5 % on 25,000. Just to answer the question about waiting until next month.

So If you are looking to buy go for. Just because on the Camry and Rav4 the financing is not always offered and Toyota is selling the camry's the last couple months like bread.
    0.0% 36 months or 2.9% 60 monthsBTW on 2010 camry not 2009 So waiting may not be good.

Hopefully It helps.

Thanks

E11_Corolla.

NB: THANKS TO ALL who did share their purchase experience here on this forum because It's the only so way we, buyers, can find the light through the dark tunnel off purchasing a car by the dealerships. Keep on with that.
  • Options
    Congrats! Enjoy your new ride!
  • Options
    sera_ksera_k Member Posts: 1
    HI
    I am buying a 2010 Camry SE with sport package 3.5 L in MN. The MSRP for this car is $ 29630 and the dealer is offering 26500 including the $750 rebate. Since this is my first ever car in this country would like to know if this would be a fair deal.Should it be bargained? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Options
    Looks reasonable, compared to www.fitzmall.com
  • Options
    gteegtee Member Posts: 179
    check overstock.com prices. It seems to me that you can get much better prices in South East region if you are willing to travel there. Look at this link
    link title
  • Options
    Yes, South East Toyota usually have better promotions too, and they had a $1000 financing rebate while the rest of the country only had $500 to $750. Also, some of the SE dealers have access to base model which are impossible to find in my part of mid-west!
  • Options
    10sfan10sfan Member Posts: 136
    Please share the name of the dealership and location.
  • Options
    div2002div2002 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Bob, That is a great price. Just checking where did yo buy?
    Thanks
  • Options
    joshua1742joshua1742 Member Posts: 3
    it's first time i buy a car. i have no idea what should i do :cry:
    please share dealer name or location
  • Options
    maxima1274maxima1274 Member Posts: 4
    Hey guys, I am looking to purchase a 2010 Camry SE V6 with moon roof, spoiler, JBL, leather, etc. Pretty much loaded except for navi.

Do you guys think it's possible to score one for $25k out the door?

Especially because of this economy, and Toyota declining, I was to get one for this price.

Please advise!
  • Options
    since each state and county has different tax rates and DMV fees, that kind of question is impossible to answer.

Try doing comparison shopping for a similar vehicle at www.fitzmall.com, who have good internet prices. Add you local taxes and dmv fees, and that would be a good target.
  • Options
    juanito1juanito1 Member Posts: 22
    Looking to buy a '10 Camry SE during the Thanksgiving sales. Have been offered invoice minus 500 loyalty cash from my local dealer. Anyone been able to also collect an additional 500 for the Dealer Marketing Support?
  • Options
    jsmith22jsmith22 Member Posts: 23
    Article in news about camry- the findings says it is because of weather mats but how come it is happening only with toyota not other brands- something to research before making a decision.

Toyota to replace 4M gas pedals that could jam

he recall includes 3.8 million vehicles, including the 2007-10 model year Camry, 2005-10 Toyota Avalon, 2004-09 Prius, 2005-10 Toyota Tacoma, 2007-10 Toyota Tundra, 2007-10 Lexus ES350 and 2006-10 Lexus IS250/350. Toyota officials said about 4 million vehicles would be covered, including new cars and trucks sold since September and others manufactured since the recall was announced.

Toyota also plans to make the brake override system standard equipment throughout the Toyota and Lexus lineup starting with January 2010 production of the ES350 and Camry. Most new models will get the equipment by the end of 2010.