Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Here's the exterior/interior color combinations available on the Camry Base and LE models-

The following colors are available with Ash or Bisque interior:
    Base & LE: Black, Blue Ribbon, Spruce and Super White
    LE (n/a on Base): Barcelona Red, Magnetic Gray

Available ONLY with Bisque interior:
    Base & LE: Sandy Beach
    LE (n/a on Base): Aloe Green

Available ONLY with Ash interior:
    Base & LE: Classic Silver

Hope that helps....
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • Options
    bread8bread8 Member Posts: 16
    Just purchased 2011 Camry Base with 6speed manual and floor mats, trunk mat. Paid 16,990 OTD. 48 months finance at 3.97. Bought in FL. I think its a good deal. Any feedback?
  • Options
    auto_researchauto_research Member Posts: 4
    Do you mind sharing the dealership name and the location? It is a very good deal.
  • Options
    Fort Myers Toyota. $14,999 + tax+tag(no trade in so had to pay over $300 to register, fees.
  • Options
    steven39steven39 Member Posts: 636
    what was your price before TTT???your better off with the manual tranny because from what i hear the 6 speed auto flat out sucks..
  • Options
    14,999. The clutch is smooth, shifter is a little long but much easier than my G35 manual.
  • Options
    WOW! You got an AMAZING DEAL!!! I'm amazed that you even found one with a 6-speed manual, but it obviously worked in your favor! Technically, the Base, LE and SE 4-cylinder models have the 6-speed manual standard. But in reality, I've never seen a Base or LE with anything but the A/T....and I've only seen two SE 6-speed manuals at any dealer here in Georgia.

Until just a few days ago, I thought the LE was only available with A/T! It seems odd that the Corolla LE is A/T-only, but the Corolla Base & S models are offered with both a 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic??? Sidebar- Why did Toyota suddenly stop using the "CE" designation (which made sense) and now the base/standard models have no model designation at all- it's just Camry, Camry LE, Camry SE and Camry XLE now??? When I see Toyota Camry and no further model information, I don't know if it refers to the Base trim level OR the LE, SE or XLE and someone just forgot to include! Small peeve, but it's very annoying, IMO. :mad:

Regardless of what they call it, the "Base" trim level is a LOT of car for the money! The Camry Base (Manual) stickers for $1455 less than the Camry LE (Manual), starting at just $19,595.

The $1455 premium for the LE buys the following:
    Power adjustable driver's seat with lumbar adjustment
    Remote Keyless Entry
    Metallic-style interior trim with chrome door handle accents

Power seat- unless someone else regularly drives your car and moves the seat around, a manual seat should be a non-issue if it's comfortable; with a manual height adjustment and tilt/telescope steering wheel, I've never missed a power seat

Keyless entry- this is the only feature that I'd have trouble living without; luckily there are plenty of aftermarket solutions to add keyless remote entry for as little as $200 (but doesn't include remote trunk release, I could deal with that).

Metallic-style interior tirm- If it's anything like the trim panels in the Corolla LE (which are also described as metallic-style), I'd prefer to skip them. They're just plastic with a silvery finish and they scratch very easily.

Just curious, what does the Base have for the center console trim (around shifter and up center control stack)?

Otherwise, the Base and LE are identical-looking. From the exterior, there is no difference in appearnce- same wheels, same trim and nothing cheap looking. The LE is available in four more colors than the Base- Magnetic Gray, Barcelona Red, Aloe Green and Spruce. But the Base still comes in Black, Super White, Classic Silver, Sandy Beach and Blue Ribbon. I'm surprised that Toyota has even offered the Spruce Mica for two years in a row....who'd want it? I've never seen one on the road or at a dealer, but the photo in the brochure is hideous enough....yuck!
  • Options
    antoniusantonius Member Posts: 39
    Ok, perhaps people can explain to me what I am missing. I keep seeing people getting their Camrys for 15k, 17k, etc. How are you getting cars that are 21k at invoice for 17, 18k? Obviously all these dealerships I see are in the midwest and east coast, not out on the west coast, but what is the key here? I just don't see any dealers out here selling a car that is invoiced at 21k for 18k.
  • Options
    hello,iam not sure how the priceing works on the west coast but i can give you a few examples from here on the east coast in south fla...my local toyota dealership in hollywood fla is selling 2011 base model camry's for $16,788.00..plus TTT.....(msrp) is $21,008.00........i went over there last week just out of curiosity to see if this deal that they were offereing was genuine or just a gimick to get you in the door..turns out it is genuine..because of toyota's recent problems they lost alot of buisness due to obvious reasons and are trying to win back more costumers..although on paper getting a 2011 base model camry for $16,788.00 with a msrp of $21,000.00 sounds like a great deal,what good is it if your going to have those problems that toyota has been haveing with the camry's unless those issues have been corected..another issue concerning the camry is the 6sp auto tranny.if you read the owners reviews on this site and other auto sites you will see that there are alot of complaints about this transmision..jerky shifting,abrupt shifts,ect..many people who have purchased the camry are saying that they wished they had taken the car on a longer test drive to discover the tranny issues...
  • Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    edited August 2010
    Just a quick tip, if you skip "2" spaces after each period, your posts will be easier to read & look better. I really enjoy reading your posts, but this suggestion will make the readability that much better. Just a suggestion though!

Respectfully,

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    The reason they have the 6sp manuals is really quite simple. The use them as loss leaders. They have about 10 of them on the lot. Each week/month, they advertise a special on an '11 Camry and in the fine print put manual. Person sees big "low price", misses fine print, and gets steered towards LE auto for 3-4k more. Sometimes people walk. Or some take advantage like me. Manuals work for me because my commute is short, my family knows how to operate them and I enjoy them. So a new Camry for 15k is the best family value I can think of. There is no other car for the money that is even close. And, the manual seems to have a bit more giddy-up than auto.
  • Options
    thanks for the suggestion sandman and i will try to do that with any future posts..steve...by the way,you don't live that far from me according to your posts about where you purchased your cars from..i live in hallandale beach but have done alot of buisness with gunther mazda-kia-vw over the past several years since 2003..1mazda protege ES,1 vw rabbit,and 2 kia forte's...they just love me there and always give me a great deal on my automotive purchase..just some food for thought.
  • Options
    sam_phansam_phan Member Posts: 1
    Purchased 2011 CAMRY LE, Metallic Grey Auto
    Options:
    Alloy Wheels
    TInt
    Carpet + Trunk mats

22,550 OTD MSRP 24,550
  • Options
    deaconbluzdeaconbluz Member Posts: 3
    thru carsdirect.com I got a 2011 base Camry with 6 speed manual for $18,154. Our sales tax is 8.75% so OTD was just over $20k.
    Now that I see they are going cheaper on the east coast I am bummed.
    The dealership that cardirect hooked me up with was Longo Toyota in El Monte.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    Don't sweat it... you have the best username... ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,971
    Ditto for me Deaconbluz!

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

• Options
    superman12superman12 Member Posts: 22
    Recently i purchased a corolla in houston and it was $5000 off from MSRP. They also have the same deal for camry. No negotiation, straight from the Ad, they honor the price. like the base camry $21650-$5000 off $16150+ttl.i thought it will be useful who r looking for camry.i can provide further information if interested.
  • Options
    right now because of toyota's recent problems they are basically giveing away their cars in hope of winning back customers just name your price.my g/f just purchased a new 2011 camry base model with auto down here in south fla for $15,888.00 plus TTT...this is without any rebates..she traded in her 07 scion tc for the camry.while the camry she got is not as sporty as her old scion tc she couldn't pass up this oppurtunity and price on the 2011 camry.however,she does appreciate the extra room she has in the camry as opposed to her small scion tc.
  • Options
    ed17ed17 Member Posts: 7
    hey, I'm in Houston, and I've been looking recently for a 2011 Camry Le. Could you please share more details as well as the dealership?

Thanks so much
  • Options
    sounds like you got your money's worth out of that 2001 camry ce.if you don't mind me asking how many miles were on that 2001 and did it give you any problems??
  • Options
    pls send ur email id
  • Options
    hi folks,iam looking at a ad in my local newspaper for a 2011 camry base model with auto,keyless entry,for $15,888.00 plus TTT.ad says that this even includes the dealer fee's.toyota must be desperate or something.this car's msrp is over 20 grand.dealer is located in hollywood,fla.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get delivery of Camry 2011 now, but within the paperwork from the financing guy there was a page that said Conditional Delivery? .. it states that delivery of the car is conditional for about 2 weeks pending credit approval.. Also, I chose the 0% financing offer.

Can anyone please tell me if this is standard from Toyota these days? I googled this and am getting afraid that this is a scam, apparently called "puppy-dogging" ?
    They say that within the 2 weeks they'll call you back and say credit approval didn't fall through and that you have to put up more money or take on higher interest rates..

But at the same time, I was thinking how would Toyota dealerships do this at a time of recalls for them.. would they really risk that?
    I'd really appreciate if anyone could please share their experience with this. Thank you so much!

Edit: This is happening on a Saturday.. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. Thanks again.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,185
    It's typical for any deal where the dealer arranges financing and you take immediate delivery.. I wouldn't call it a scam.. If you don't qualify, you don't qualify..

There is another option that can happen if you don't qualify for the rates.. You can give the car back.. If you think you might not qualify, and you don't want to take the chance, just refuse delivery until you are approved.

It's called a spot delivery.. It isn't a scam...unless they lie to you about whether you are approved, or not... You should really know your credit score and if you are likely to be approved before taking any spot delivery.

The "puppy dog close" is usually referenced when they give you a car to take home on an overnight test drive... Like a puppy dog, once you take it home and show the wife and kids, it's hard not to keep it.. More of a sales technique than a scam..

regards,
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Hey, thanks for the reply. Okay, that sounds good. Yeah, if they renege on the contract, then I'll just return it and hope they won't charge any return/mileage fees that I'll have to fight with them later on.

If this is standard for dealerships, then I'm satisfied. I was worried whether I fell into a scam.

Thanks so much for confirming, kyfdx.
  • Options
    2011 Camry LE silver with alloy wheels = $ 21,200.00 OTD
    0% financing for 60 months.

From a dealer in Houston, TX. A good amount of haggling was involved.
  • Options
    ed17, which dealer u purchased?
  • Options
    zatireszatires Member Posts: 39
    What was the MSRP on the car and how much off you got from the MSRP?

That would be more useful information imo.
  • Options
    danhoustondanhouston Member Posts: 20
    yes, please share the dealer's name. i will likely need to buy by 8/31, 2 days away, in order to get the low price. thanks.

also, do you folks think that i could get a drive out price around $18.5K if i opt for cash instead of the 0%? i think dealers do get more cash incentive from toyota/distributor if customers choose cash rebate.
  • Options
    you can easily get for $18.5k drive out, visit fredhaastoyota.com, they open sundays
    $5000 off on 2011 camry automatic or $7000 off plus 0% interest on 2010 le camry.
  • Options
    grapevinetxgrapevinetx Member Posts: 89
    "If they renege on the contract, then I'll just return it and hope they won't charge any return/mileage fees that I'll have to fight with them later on."

Careful with that hope factor, Ed17. The other posters are correct that conditional delivery isn't necessarily a set-up for a scam, but some of the downtown Houston (if that's where we're talking about) dealerships are known for rather aggressive business practices. Read the fine print on your paperwork. I'll give at least 4:1 odds that there is a clause in there that says something like "in the event the vehicle is returned to Dealer for any reason, Purchaser shall be liable to Dealer to any damage to the vehicle".

"Damage" doesn't have to mean only collision damage, unless you've gotten that spelled out. More likely than not, they will try to charge you for some type of mileage related wear-and-tear. You can try to fight it, but you may not get much backing. It's still a new vehicle if it hasn't been titled, but it might be viewed as a fair argument that the value has been diminished if you have put several hundred miles on it.

If you have other transportation available, it's always financially safer to let the new vehicle sit at the dealership until the financing is approved. If your only old vehicle has died and is beyond fixable, or you're otherwise up against taking conditional delivery of the new vehicle or paying for a rental, then conditional delivery might be worth the gamble. Even then, I would explore whether I was eligible for other financing that can be approved faster. Unless it's a rather iffy financial picture, two weeks is a long time to have to wait for a final answer on the financing.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    superman, an internet manager / director at fred hass turned down my $21,750 drive out with the 0% apr for a 2011 camry le with alloy wheels, tint & mats options. they didn't even reply to my email with a request for their best offer if choosing the cash rebate in lieu of the 0% apr. this dealer may have met its sales goal for the month. if i still want to buy now, i guess i can check with the other fred hass country tomorrow.

also, do any of you know where or what free web site i can find the hidden factory to dealer cash incentive? if had that additional info., it would be better for consumers/buyers. i guess car sales folks who happen to read this likely won't reveal the info., lol

anyway, thanks in advance for anyone who has the info or don't mind to share
  • Options
    danhouston, if u wish send ur email id, i can send further info
  • Options
    superman, it's dttmhouston at yahoo dot com

thanks.
  • Options
    hillary2hillary2 Member Posts: 3
    I like that deal, what is the name of the saleman? Is the $5000 off including rebate?
    Thank you, superman12
  • Options
    jman24jman24 Member Posts: 1
    Bought me a new 2011 Toyota Camry Hybrid for $29K at AnahiemCA. Sticker was $33,165. Offer did not include tax, license, and registration. This car is consider top of line and I was surprise they accepted my offer. What do you think?
  • Options
    hillary2 , iam not suppose to give salesman name on this forum. if intrested pls tell ur email id, i will give more info
  • Options
    mcdhawgmcdhawg Member Posts: 1
    Picked up a loaded white 2011 Camry Hybrid today with options CQ, LA, LF, SR, UT, PV5, R7 in Charleston SC (MSRP $33,622). Paid $28241 before Tax/Title/Doc.
  • Options
    Can you give me the dealership name in Houston,texas that offer the $5000 off on 2011 Camry.? Thanks.
  • Options
    fred hass country or world
  • Options
    new57new57 Member Posts: 11
    edited August 2010
    purchased 2011 Camry Le for 18888 plus tax and tag
    purchased 2010 corolla Le for 13888 plus tax and tag

they are basically giving them away here in south Florida.

Maroone Toyota has bought up as many as they can to capture the market
  • Options
    They're giving them away here in the Atlanta area, too! A dealer on the north side of the city (Marietta Toyota) has at least two 2011 Camrys for $5399 off MSRP-

2011 Camry LE 6AT
    MSRP- 23,174
    Sale Price- $17,775
    Classic Silver w/ Ash Fabric
    Magnetic Gray w/ Ash Fabric
    *Just add sales tax & $21.00 title fee

They also have several 2010 Corolla LEs for $13,775, although I'm not much of a Corolla fan. I'd beg, steal or borrow the extra $4k to get the Camry LE instead. It's an amazing deal!
  • Options
    get em while there hot and cheap..seen a ad in the paper down here in hollywood,fla for a 2011 toyota camry base model with auto for $15,888.00 plus TTT.
  • Options
    crv_2010crv_2010 Member Posts: 4
    Purchased 2011Camry LE (4 cylinder) with options: AM/FM CD Player-EXAT (with Integrated Satellite Radio, Hands-Free Phone Capability and Music Streaming), LE Extra Value Package:-QAAT (Includes 16-In 7-Spoke Alloy Wheels), Fog lamps, Enviroguard, Carpet Mats-PV40 and included two years of free dealer service.

MSRP = 24185
    Discount = $ 5585
    Tax (7%) = 1445
    Doc = $ 599
    Title = $21
    OTD price = $ 20500 with 0.9% APR for 60 months

I think this is a pretty good deal?
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2010

Is that a question, or a statement?

Is that the JBL stereo?

What area of the country/state are you in, for this I4 (no Toyota V4) purchase?
  • Options
    What city are you get that deal from, I'm from Houston,tx and get ready to buy the similar Toyota.
    Thanks!!
  • Options

Is that a question, or a statement?
    I would say it is a question

Is that the JBL stereo?
    No I dont think

What area of the country/state are you in, for this I4 (no Toyota V4) purchase?
    Atlanta, GA
  • Options
    This is in Atlanta, GA
  • Options
    kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    Yes, that is a pretty good deal.

It's a little hard to build an apples to apples comparison (in trying to match a vehicle with the exact same features), but if you look at www.fitzmall you can find a 2011 LE, with an MSRP of 24,260 which you can pick up for 18,800 (no tax or tags).

Your vehicle is a little less than that in MSRP, but take their 18,800 add your tax and tags for your state mandated locale, and you'd be at about 20,250.

You paid 20,500, so pretty good deal in my book.

Enjoy your new ride!
  • Options
    in houston, sep 04th and 05th joemyers giving $5000 off on camry and corolla le. pls visit their website, go to specials and see final labor day weekend ad. everything is clear on that page. they will honor those price. please try to visit on friday as saturday they will be very busy