Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• fred hass country or world
  • new57new57 Posts: 11
    edited September 2010
    purchased 2011 Camry Le for 18888 plus tax and tag
    purchased 2010 corolla Le for 13888 plus tax and tag

they are basically giving them away here in south Florida.

Maroone Toyota has bought up as many as they can to capture the market
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Waleska, GeorgiaPosts: 796
    They're giving them away here in the Atlanta area, too! A dealer on the north side of the city (Marietta Toyota) has at least two 2011 Camrys for $5399 off MSRP-

2011 Camry LE 6AT
    MSRP- 23,174
    Sale Price- $17,775
    Classic Silver w/ Ash Fabric
    Magnetic Gray w/ Ash Fabric
    *Just add sales tax & $21.00 title fee

They also have several 2010 Corolla LEs for $13,775, although I'm not much of a Corolla fan. I'd beg, steal or borrow the extra $4k to get the Camry LE instead. It's an amazing deal!
  • get em while there hot and cheap..seen a ad in the paper down here in hollywood,fla for a 2011 toyota camry base model with auto for $15,888.00 plus TTT.
  • Purchased 2011Camry LE (4 cylinder) with options: AM/FM CD Player-EXAT (with Integrated Satellite Radio, Hands-Free Phone Capability and Music Streaming), LE Extra Value Package:-QAAT (Includes 16-In 7-Spoke Alloy Wheels), Fog lamps, Enviroguard, Carpet Mats-PV40 and included two years of free dealer service.

MSRP = 24185
    Discount = $ 5585
    Tax (7%) = 1445
    Doc = $ 599
    Title = $21
    OTD price = $ 20500 with 0.9% APR for 60 months

I think this is a pretty good deal?
  • kiawahkiawah Posts: 3,666
    edited September 2010
    I think this is a pretty good deal?

Is that a question, or a statement?

Is that the JBL stereo?

What area of the country/state are you in, for this I4 (no Toyota V4) purchase?
  • What city are you get that deal from, I'm from Houston,tx and get ready to buy the similar Toyota.
    Thanks!!
  • I think this is a pretty good deal?

Is that a question, or a statement?
    I would say it is a question

Is that the JBL stereo?
    No I dont think

What area of the country/state are you in, for this I4 (no Toyota V4) purchase?
    Atlanta, GA
  • This is in Atlanta, GA
    Yes, that is a pretty good deal.

It's a little hard to build an apples to apples comparison (in trying to match a vehicle with the exact same features), but if you look at www.fitzmall you can find a 2011 LE, with an MSRP of 24,260 which you can pick up for 18,800 (no tax or tags).

Your vehicle is a little less than that in MSRP, but take their 18,800 add your tax and tags for your state mandated locale, and you'd be at about 20,250.

You paid 20,500, so pretty good deal in my book.

Enjoy your new ride!
  • in houston, sep 04th and 05th joemyers giving $5000 off on camry and corolla le. pls visit their website, go to specials and see final labor day weekend ad. everything is clear on that page. they will honor those price. please try to visit on friday as saturday they will be very busy
  • yes that includes rebate, today sep 3 and tomorrow again they have same deal, see houston chronicle or joemyerstoyota website. if u need additional help email hunting4deal@gmail.com
  • sandman_6472sandman_6472 Coral Springs, FLPosts: 2,689
    Seen an ad on t v about this car for $14,888 down here in South Florida...might have been the Toyota of Hollywood store. That sounds like an excellent deal on this car. My interest has been piqued so I might just take a ride down there this weekend.

The Sandman :sick: :shades:

2014 Hyundai Tuscon SE/2005 Mazda 3s/2008 Hyundai Accent GLS/2009 Nissan Versa SL hatch

• if you can, spend $2 or 3K more (depends on the trim line) to get a camry. it's considerably a better car than a corolla in terms of value, ride, comfort & room. also, the 2011 camry has a brake override that can prevent any accidental acceleration while the corolla is still a 2010 model which doesn't have that safety feature.

that's my two cents...
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    does the v6 usepremium fuel, or regular 87 octane?
  • winecounrtywinecounrty Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    If you live in the San Francisco Bay area. Run don't walk to Dublin Toyota.. There pricing is extremely aggressive. Dealt with the internet dept thru TruCAR. Amazing transaction. Price was so good I was asked not to publish in public forum,contact Hash.B, use TRUCAR for connection for pricing,this process cost's you nothing.
    I have an associate that owns a Toyota dealership and he could not meet this price, No kidding
    On top of the price the transaction was plain, simple and the price which was quoted was honored.
    NO BRAIN DAMAGE.
    Hope this helps anyone looking for a deal on TOYOTA'S.. PS THIS DEALER IS HUGE. LOT'S OF INVENTORY :) :) :)
    I DO NOT HAVE ANY AFFILIATION WITH THIS DEALERSHIP OTHER THAN MAKING MY PURCHASE TONIGHT.
  • been seeing this ad in my newspaper from my local toyota dealership advertiseing a 2011 camry base model with auto,keyless entry,floor mats,ect for $15,888.00
    labor day weekend sale.i have to take a ride over there to atleast see if this deal is for real or not......
  • danhoustondanhouston Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    not as good as those for august in some regions though toyota sales were down last month's. in gulf states area, toyota took away the free 2yr./25K maintenance
  • ed17ed17 Posts: 7
    Did they really take away the free maintenance? They've still got it listed here: http://gulfstates.buyatoyota.com/Specials/SpecialOffers.aspx?series=camry
  • dacer84dacer84 Posts: 1
    edited September 2010
    Been reading the forums since before purchasing our Highlander in 2007. Couldn't get a title to write more than a few spaces .Really appreciate all the information on the forums as we evaluated cars.

TITLE: Experience purchasing car on 9/7/10 in Michigan:

Purchased a new 2011 Camry LE that had as its only option carpet/truck mat set (CF). MSRP of $23,050 which included destination of $750. (We had purchased a 2008 Highlander from same salesman 3 years earlier and walked twice in that negotiation over a two week period). Again it was the agony and ecstasy of dealing with a now generally OK salesman and a really "t**l" of a manager. At least this time, the salesman didn't use the usual bag of "tricks" he had initially used when negotiating on the Highlander.

After driving 2 cars, at 11:00 am we offered $841 less than the offer posted on the car of $20,474 which included the $750 and $500 cash back incentives. (The $841 was the cost of Michelin Destiny replacement tires at Discount Tire and no mat set as we did not want it.)

Dealer's counter offer was 1) we pay $200 for the CF option, but give them the mat set and 2) they would take the car to Discount Tire to get the tires for us and they would keep the original Bridgestone tires. As were were not interested in paying for something we did not want (CF option), and then giving it to the dealer, this seemed ridiculous. As we discussed the Michelin replacement tires at Discount Tire that we wanted, the dealer did not trust us to return the original tires to them (which we were more than willing to do). Additionally, they would not allow us (or want us) to be at Discount Tire for the installation. (Perhaps they were only going to get the tires from Discount Tire and then install them at their Service Dept). We wanted to be sure we received all the coverages/warranties we wanted. Salesman stated they could get a better price on the tires than we could, (which probably was true) and we wouldn't have to have the hassle of going to Discount Tire (which is 5 minutes from our home with a scheduled the appointment). We shared we were very insulted by the counter offer of asking to pay for the CF option we did not want and then give it back and their not trusting us to return the original tires to the dealership. But we were to trust them entirely on the tire issue.

We walked after a discussion of the counter offer. We had stated it was not the $200, but the totally insulting nature and attitude of the total counter offer. As we were leaving, the salesman asked us if we wanted to meet the manager and we declined. The manager happened to be walking by the door as we were leaving and we treated him as if he did not exist. We thanked the salesman for his time that day and left.

So at 2:00 pm, we went home to pick up our possible trade-in 1998 Camry with 182,000 miles for a car wash and out to lunch. Our mechanic had first right of refusal to purchase the car depending on trade-in offer. But we had told the salesman we didn't know if we we would be selling the car as it was like glue to the road in winter and didn't share its problems. (Car was due for new timing belt and water pump, CV joints leaking power steering fluid for past 2 years and having to fill container with an inch of fluid weekly, some oil seals leaks, a not totally functioning windshield wiper motor, driver side door no longer electronically opened other doors, a mysterious leak in the trunk wheel well when it rained and now future snow melting, and not good outer condition of the car and poor interior in front seat floor area, with a estimated $2,000 NADA value).

During lunch we discussed options, our needs, and were strongly leaning to not going back to the dealership at all and waiting to purchase later and maybe possibly pay more. As I was getting in the 1998 Camry, my husband started walking back to the dealership which was next door, just to see if the salesman had gone back to the manager. The smiling salesman immediately greeted us and told us the manager had accepted our offer. (When we got home later, there was a message which had come while we were at lunch from the salesman asking us to call ). Got $1,500 trade in for 1998 Camry which was more than our beloved mechanic could offer and still make a profit after fixing all the problems we had not wanted to invest in at this stage past couple of years.

The "crazy counter offer" could have been easily been solved if the dealership had accepted our offer. They then could have offered us a trade in on the 1998 Camry which was $200 less than it might have been worth (which is what they may have done anyway). It was like they we just looking a some bottom line for profit and never considered how offensive their offer could appear.

We waited about 1 3/4 hours for the car to be "prepped" and see the financial staff. It felt like we were being punished in some way. And they were not busy at this building in the dealership. The only "prepping" we noticed was the sprayed on shine on the tires we were trading in the next day as were left at 6:45 pm. The real lack of organization at this dealership was seen as we were were driving home--we realized the mats were still in the car!! Guess they didn't want them after all.

Paid $19,633 after the incentives and before doc, taxes, and trade-in, etc., plus "on the house" floor mat set. OTD was $19,610. Got the 2 year free maintenance too. Wonder if we need this in writing somewhere????

No one here or in the Detroit area were offering $5000 off cars. Oh how I wish they were!
  • danhoustondanhouston Posts: 20
    edited September 2010
    ed17, you're correct. the free maintenance is still there. my bad, i overlooked. so, this month's incentives are about the same as last month.

does anyone happen to know what the factory to dealer incentive is for 2011 camry? i think it's around $1K to 1.5K? as some dealers do offer $5K to 5.5K off the msrp, there must be some incentives coming from toyota / distributor
  • ral2167ral2167 Posts: 642
    I recently leased a Toyota and a few weeks later I got a credit card app in which I can collect "points" which is supposed to help get some kind of discount on a future lease/purchase or a Toyota product.

So three years from now, when I may lease the redesigned Camry, is it worth getting this Visa/Toyota card now and hope for some big discount? Any one have experience in such cards? Is the discount miniscule compared to the vast amount you may have to charge on it? (i'll pay it off each month so I'm not worried about interest rate at all).
  • cc62966cc62966 Posts: 30
    edited September 2010
    I don't trust those point based credit cards. They seldom really offer anything worthwhile after all the restrictions and limits kick in. I'd rather stick to a good cash back card or something that offers genuine rewards like Discover and Chase Freedom. However, I did look up this card and its pretty hard to find any real information. I did find a good summary article, according to which a $1 spent at a participating dealer is worth 25 cents while all other purchases are worth a penny. They expire in 6 years. So, you might be able to save some, but I wonder if the dealer would work with you on the price or expect MSRP. In that case, I really wonder the value of it.
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    I'm looking to buy a base Camary with automatic...It lists for $21,600....It seems some have posted here of really low prices on this car. Currently, what figures has everyone noticed? Is $18,000 reasonable?
    Competition (and hence prices) varies, by area of the country. But you can start comparison shopping here: www.fitzmall.com
  • Can you please share the dealer details in Atlanta ?
    Does that include life time warranty on power trans?
    What is the trick to get either o% or less than 1% interest as the credit score is 700+.

Thanks
    C2011
  • merckxmerckx Posts: 565
    I'm going to offer $18,500 on a new 2011 Camry with automatic...does this seem an achievable price?
    edited October 2010
    You don't say what area of the country you are at (= how competitive), but here is an LE for 18.8

LE

If you go with a CE, you should be able to hit your price point.
  • I went to Toyota of St Augustine twice. I am hesitating between a Corolla and a Camry, but leaning towards the Camry automatic. I have a Saturn L100 2002 85000 miles automatic in great mechanical shape. I was offered 2,000 dollars for the trade-in. The appraisal I had received from aaa was 4,000 6 months ago. I offered to pay cash with the trade in. There was a 16,900 dollar white Camry on the lot, but manual. When it came down to negotiating for an automatic I was offered a no remote key control, but automatic white Camry (no thrills, basic) for 18,870 (not including taxes) including a tax rebate of 1650 and the 2000 trade in. Not a good deal for a cash and decent trade-in. Help???? I would drive within 100 miles to find a better deal. Do you know of any?
  • kevinc5kevinc5 Posts: 204
    Check out www.truecar.com for prices actually paid in your area and possibly leads to dealers with prices better than you have been offered. Go with Camry if you can afford it. In fact, I's prefer a two year old low mileage Camry over a new Corolla for the comfort and performance differences alone. Good luck.