Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    Check out Fitz Mall. They have been the lowest priced that I have seen in the PA area. Ardmore Toyota almost tried off the bat to get $1300 above cost on me. Same goes with Sloane Toytota.

http://www.fitzmall.com/
  • rob_v6rob_v6 Member Posts: 20
    Hi,

If you are buying the LE, Friday and Saturday newspaper. There are usually AD cars on the weekend selling for 18995+TTL. Also try to get those Asian newspapers. I am sure you'll get a good deal vs paying sticker of 22k+tax
  • guitarchordzguitarchordz Member Posts: 2
    Really great info on this site/thread here!
    I need some help and guidance too.

I'm planning to buy a brand new 2011 Camry SE. I spoke to a couple of dealers.
    These are the features I want in my SE:
    1. Leather interior.
    2. Sunroof
    3. Bluetooth
    4. Smart Key (Push Start).

The best deal I was offered is $25,000. This is a 4 cylinder engine.
    I recently started searching for deals. Looked like a good deal to me, but I want to search some more in the neighboring states to find out.

What do you all think if the above price?
    Thanks!
    J.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    Using TrueCar.com and my Georgia zip code, I got a much lower price-

2011 Toyota Camry SE I4 Auto
    SE Extra-Value Pkg #1 (Moonroof, spoiler)
    Leather Pkg (leather seats, dual power front seats)
    Smart Key System (Push Button Start)
    Blu Logic Hands-Free System

Sticker Price- $26,784
    Factory Invoice- $25,217 ($797 Regional Ad Fees incl)
    Dealer Cost- $23,245 ($1500 Incentives, Holdback ded)
    BEST LOCAL PRICE- $21,514
    2nd BEST LOCAL PRICE- $23,117

Same exact model and options using Edmunds TMV-

Sticker Price- $26,874
    Invoice- $25,152
    TMV- $24,119 minus $1500 dealer cash = $22,619

I also ran across this SWEET DEAL on a local dealer's site-

A local dealer (Cobb County Toyota) has a 2011 SE special for $25,299-

V6, Silver/Gray Leather, Navigation System, Window Tint
    -No Push Button Start
    MSRP- $31,608
    Sale Price- $25,299 plus TTT
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • namariasnamarias Member Posts: 11
    Check out True market pricing in Edmunds. For the options you are adding for SE - the price should be around 24k.

You must negotiate hard on the accessories and base unit and bring it to less than that . Ask for 23k and you should get it between 23 and 24k.
    All the best.
    Cheers....
  • guitarchordzguitarchordz Member Posts: 2
    truecar.com is pretty cool!
    Thanks you guys for the info.

The dealer and even some websites say that the $2000 or $1500 incentive ends on May 2nd, which means it is no longer valid!

Is this true?
    I hope it extends longer.
    I guess I gotta wait and see.
  • lazorinalazorina Member Posts: 2
    I think base AT 2011 Camry (CE model) was advertised for about $17700 (including dealer fee. Before $800(?) fee it was 16888 or something.) at Rick Toyota (Weston, FL) couple of months ago. Factory rebate (to the dealer) was around 3000 (unpublished). If $3000 is still around - maybe you could press price down to 17600.
  • imm19imm19 Member Posts: 12
    Just checked FitzMall and was surprised. Two months ago we bought a red Camry LE with alloy wheels, sunroof, and floor mats for $20, 304 +Taxes. Today the price for the exact same model (only difference is the color - it's a blue one) is $22,577.
    edited May 2011
    The incentives that Toyota was running ended on May 2nd. They don't even have the 0% (now 1.9%) APR anymore. Not a good time to get a Toyota.

I was going to get Conicelli Toyota to price match to Fitz's price and while they were going to match Fitz, I wasn't going to get the 0% APR because they had the $1000 incentive. When I said how about you give me the 0% and the $500 that is on the site, they came right out and said "it is a dealer incentive and we don't have to give it out". I didn't buy the car because they tried to screw me for $500. I will wait and if they don't provide better incentives next month may buy from another manufacture.
  • manakattumanakattu Member Posts: 3
    We are from Massachusetts. My wife bought a 2011 Camry LE this April for what I think was a good deal , much so , after going through this forum . I'll provide you the details for your reference.

MSRP : $23,490 { with alloy wheels(premium accessory package) + remote start }

Toyota's Rebate : $2000 ( or 0% APR for 60 months )
    Toyota College Graduate Rebate : $1000
    These two she got upfront without us even asking for it.

Final Sale price : $18,700
    APR: 3.64% 48 months ( she didn't take the 0% offer even though they did pressure her to take it )

That's $4790 below the sticker price.

She had no idea about the invoice price.( she still doesn't). She just haggled for $18000 and finally got it for $700 more. She almost walked out twice only to be called back in.

And for all the EDMUNDS or TRUECAR fans out there.. NEVER EVER TAKE THEIR TMV OR BEST PRICE OR GREAT PRICE AS YOUR STARTING POINT FOR NEGOTIATION

also DONOT EVER BELIEVE THEIR INVOICE PRICES and consider it as the DEALER PRICE ie , the price the dealer pays toyota. There are lots of incentives that dealers get from toyota (for meeting targeted sales figure, customer satisfaction etc.) which the we buyers will never know. And among the two Edmunds is more closer to reality than truecar ever is. You can check that yourself.

Also Don't believe CARSDIRECT prices either You can always get a better deal if you have the patience and perseverance to send mails to 5-10 nearby dealers and make them compete for your business.

Its your Hard earned money. So dont be lazy and throw it away. And there is nothing to be ashamed of in bargaining for your car . What others think about you is not your concern. So haggle as hard as you can.

Check out link title. This is the Best site to go to before buying any car. Make sure you read up the articles by Mr James Bragg before you step into any car showroom.

I'll be very happy to give you the name of the dealer we bought the car from. You just need to ask

Thanks and have a great day.
    the alloys were part of the LE EXTRA-VALUE PKG not the premium accessory package
    The best price that I have was from Fitzmall for $21,130 for QA and EX packages on a 4cyl auto. I'm guessing it's a decent price?
  • rsgaryrsgary Member Posts: 1
    What ma dealer gave you that price?

Thanks, Rich
    Bernardi Toyota.
  • justjesus33justjesus33 Member Posts: 2
    Hi
    I been trying to purchase a 2011 Camry LE in Illinois..Looking 4 a red 4 door sedan with alloy wheel,bluetooth and starter remote..What is a good deals..Talk to several dealers and of course they r talking crazy..I would even take the base LE..Any help is appreciate.Thank
  • walker2011walker2011 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to purchase a base model 2011 Camry LE. From Edmunds true market value is $21,884. I'm in the bay area, california.

Invoice: $20,771
    Destination: $760
    Tax:$1991.61
    Total: $23,522.61
    Down: $10k
    1.9% for 60 months on the balance.
    Per the invoice pricing, can I do better? I beleive the destination charge is fixed, can't do anything about that. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • seaurchinseaurchin Member Posts: 57
    edited June 2011
    I was just wondering if everyone was aware of the fact that 7th Generation Camry will be coming to showrooms later this year.

“We haven’t announced the next-gen Camry, (but) I will tell you (the current) Camry is very close to the end of its lifecycle, and a fall introduction is a pretty good educated guess,” Bob Carter, Toyota group vice president and general manager, told Ward’s.

(To Moderator: This topic probably does not even belong here, but i did not know where else to put it)
  • flbntzflbntz Member Posts: 43
    I got a special Toyota was running, $500 off of the $21,761 sticker price, plus 0% financing for 60 months, including floor matts, and a cargo net, first aid kit. I think it expired at the end of April. The new body style is due out in the fall for the 2012 model. No pictures I've been able to find yet.
  • infotimeinfotime Member Posts: 6
    Just saw a white 2011 Camry LE for $20,320.00 at Thompson's Toyota in Placerville, CA. This is less than 2 hours from the Bay Area. Best price I've seen in Northern CA. Saw this on May 30th.
  • darrvao777darrvao777 Member Posts: 8
    Looking to purchase one

the dealer is asking for $15K

I figured I'd start negotations at $13K and would be OK at paying up to $14K, or is $15K fair?

The car has under 20000 miles on it
  • e_s_a_de_s_a_d Member Posts: 1
    Hello All,

Great forums! So, I am within 2 weeks of closing in on a 2011 Toyota Camry.

Truecar Pricing said I can get one for $21,400 with a Moonroof. A dealer contacted me in my area and said that this was the price plus tax, plate fees, etc. So, how much on top of the 6% tax should I expect to pay?

If Truecar gives me a price of $21,400 what would YOU expect for the total OUT THE DOOR price including everything?

Would it be unreasonable of me to hope to get the car out the door including tax, and ALL fees, for $22,800 as my final top price?
    Just remember that the price you got is probably with the $1000 incentive. If you want the 0% APR you are going to have to give up the $1000 as it is either one.

Keep that in mind because Toyota doesn't do a good job of telling you this until you are ready to buy it at the dealer.
  • nj_buyernj_buyer Member Posts: 11
    I am in market for 2011 Camry LE 4dr Auto. Please share any recent experiences for prices paid
    I paid $21,176 for a base Camry with AT, and Preferred Owner's Package. It was $500 off list price, plus I got 0% financing for five years through Toyota.
  • mike0205mike0205 Member Posts: 8
    Hi,

I got a Camry XLE for $24770 plus Title, Tax and Doc fee (154) with MSRP of $28500. Also if you are a preferred owner, you will be getting $250 off.

For an LE, the best I got was $20490 for the base LE and with Bluetooth and Alloy Wheels the best I got was $20950. Hence decided for an XLE which is only a three grand more.

The prices I got was for 0% for 60 months. If you are a Student then you will get $1000 from this price.

I purchased my car at Naperville Toyota and they are very nice. I have gotten two cars from there and the service dept is awesome.

Also for accessories they will give you a 20 - 25% discount if you buy a car from them.
  • nj_buyernj_buyer Member Posts: 11
    mike0205 - are you talking LE model with Title, Tax and Doc fee for $20490? A simple email quote here in NJ dealer gave me a quote of $19700 (Tax and doc fee extra).
  • samshah1samshah1 Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2011
    I am sure your wife bought the brand new. I am looking for a new one with same specs. Do you want to refer to me to that sales person, probably you will get some discounts on toyota service. By the way I live in Mass. too.
  • emily0204emily0204 Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2011
    Hey all~
    Just got a quote for a white 2011 camry xle i4 for $24,432 (plus $400 doc fee). Is this a good deal???? I live in greater Pheonix area. Please share advice and experiences!

I used truecar.com and this was the outcome: (I know I need to find out the finance rate they will offer, the last car I bought I was 0.9, I would like to get that kind of rate, but am guessing they may try to raise the price for this kind of rate?)

Factory Invoice: $25,682
    Dealer Offer: - $1,250
    Your Price: $24,432

thanks!

I was looking at used camry xle models also, however I am unfamilar with how to price used vehicles (besides using blue book etc). One local dealership has a 2007 xle, silver with 42k miles listed at $18,000.

Any idea how to negotiate on a used vehicle like that one?
  • emily0204emily0204 Member Posts: 2
    Hey all~
    Just got a quote for a white 2011 camry xle i4 for $24,432 (plus $400 doc fee). Is this a good deal???? I live in greater Pheonix area. Please share advice and experiences!

I used truecar.com and this was the outcome: (I know I need to find out the finance rate they will offer, the last car I bought I was 0.9, I would like to get that kind of rate, but am guessing they may try to raise the price for this kind of rate?)

Factory Invoice: $25,682
    Dealer Offer: - $1,250
    Your Price: $24,432

thanks!

I was looking at used camry xle models also, however I am unfamilar with how to price used vehicles (besides using blue book etc). One local dealership has a 2007 xle, silver with 42k miles listed at $18,000.

Any idea how to negotiate on a used vehicle like that one?
  • fordham1fordham1 Member Posts: 1
    i just brought a Camry LE for $24,471 including with sales tax of $1398.07. I trade in a 2002 Honda Accord for $3,500 and $500 cash rebate, documentation service 349.00, something call millenium pkg $399 and government license and registration fee.

Bring my total to finance to $21,540 at 0% finance rate. I feel this is not a good deal and i like know what you think. I am planning to go back to the dealer on Monday to cancel the deal. Do i have a grace period when i can cancel a car sale?

Help
  • mike0205mike0205 Member Posts: 8
    Are you sure it is an LE? or an XLE? The price you are saying is close to the price of an XLE.

I dont know about the millenium package (probably the GAP protection) but the price for LE should be fine if it is a special edition with heat and cool leather seats, moon roof, alloy wheels, anti theft system.

Otherwise it is $3000 more than what I have paid. I dont know about the cancellation of the deal but you can use BBB to get some benefits like getting extended warranty or purchasing service plan up front which I did as well to avoid overhead costs since the dealer might charge 15 hours instead of 10 hours of labor if you do not have the service contract.

Also when it is 0% why to bother much.
  • kiawahkiawah Member Posts: 3,666
    edited July 2011
    You can get an online comparison from a real company who sells car, at www.Fitzmall.com. You must have the MSRP sticker price of the vehicle however, and know the model so you can do an apples to apples comparison.

You don't appear to have enough details about the car that you bought, to know whether you got a good deal or not. It is further complicated by your trade in. You should have had it independently assessed/valued before you went to trade it in. Carmax for instance, will offer to buy your car, and the quote is typically good for 7 days, IIRC.

I don't know whether you can unwind the deal your signed or not, would depend on the state laws.
  • kasturiranganrkasturiranganr Member Posts: 4
    Hello All,

I am in the market for a 2011 Toyota Camry LE with a V-6 engine and auto transmission and have a couple of questions. I am looking for one in Texas.

a. Is finding a 2011 Camry LE V-6 in Texas difficult? I have been shopping around with a few dealerships and quite a few of them have gotten back saying it is hard to find that particular model in their stock. Is it true that procuring a 2011 V6 LE is that difficult?

b. Quite a few of the LE V6s on which I did get a quote seem to come pre-loaded with options? Is there not a market for someone who wants the reliability of a Camry with the power of a V-6 but no options? It seems I am being bound to the options. Is it always that for V-6s we have to have the options also?

I appreciate any responses I can get
  • joeyrabjoeyrab Member Posts: 65
    Just bought off a family friend, a 2001 Camry LE, 2.2 4cyl with 346,000 miles on it for $200 bucks. Putting $400 into it to get a sticker...will put a timing belt kit in it and it is so good to go...it rides better than the Ford focus we had with 140,000 miles on it....the one that got towed to the junk yard a week ago....Even though it's old the body is in decent shape and it runs great. I hope to put 400K on it....the 2.2 is pretty durable anyway...
    Good luck with it. I had a 1996 Honda Civic DX Coupe which I put 273,000 miles on. It still had the original clutch when I traded it, and was burning maybe a quart of oil every thousand miles or so. I have a 2011 Toyota Camry I'm hoping to keep maybe ten years, put 200,000 miles on it. These things really go, don't they?
    Go to the Toyota website, and then build an auto. Choose the 2552 model (LE V6). That will show you what's available in your area's inventory.

It may be, that the Toyota website for your zipcode area doesn't have this capability. However, if you want to see how it works if your area is blocked out is put in 27614 as a zipcode.

I would think however, that if a person has the financial means to buy the larger engine, that they're going to want a comparably optioned vehicle as well. You may find it harder to sell in the future.

I was very interested in the V6 as well when we bought our 2007, until I extensively drove the I4.......and then bought an LE-I4. It's a great engine, and not once have I ever thought I absolutely needed more power. As far as I'm concerned, the V6 is not needed and save your money.

Good luck with whatever you choose.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    A reporter would like to talk with a recent new car buyer who was considering buying used, found prices higher than expected and decided instead to buy new? Please respond to pr@edmunds.com by 4pm Eastern on Tuesday, August 9, 2011 to be interviewed.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• thoahauthoahau Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I bought my black Camry LE 2011 in NYC , with Aloy Weels upgraded and floor carpets for total $20700 (before tax and fee). (They gave me $1000 credit cashback + $1000 for just graduated student + 0% APR for 60 months).

With tax + registration fee, finaly I need to pay $23000 in 5 years with 0% APR., $0 downpayment.

Everymonth, I need to pay $384.

Do you think it is a good deal ?
    Should post the window sticker MSRP, so can verify apples to apples (pun intended) comparison.
  • kasturiranganrkasturiranganr Member Posts: 4
    Thanks for your reply kiawah. I think I should drive an I4 before shrugging it off
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    The 2010-2011 with the I4 is even better than the 2007-2009 - engine is now a 2.5L, and is stronger than the older 2.4L.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,182
    I rented one last week.... it's all the power you could need..

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    I wouldn't say that, but for a 4 cylinder family sedan, it is good.
  • tiruvantiruvan Member Posts: 10
    Our local dealer has a 2007 Camry (carfax says personal owner) for sale at $11,700. My only concern is that it has 99,300 miles on it. Is that a safe buy? Please advise.
    I would think so. I would think those would go at least 200,000 miles. I have a 2011, and it is my second Toyota, although I only kept my 2010 Prius three months. Hopefully, other people who have had them that long will chime in. I've heard of people putting high miles on them.
  • benjamin9876benjamin9876 Member Posts: 17
    edited August 2011
    just took delivery today for a new camry LE
    Msrp 23666... price paid 20300 (after $1000 incentive/rebate) Plus TTL or 20800 if i want 0% apr finance.
    they told we that was a weekend special, only 2 at that price. not sure if that is real or BS
    But i felt i got a good deal anyway. No alloy wheel,only wheel cover, floor mat.

Hope helps everyone shopping in bay area! good luck .
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    they told we that was a weekend special, only 2 at that price. not sure if that is real or BS

It's BS. People should be able to get a base LE for closer to 19K + TTL at this time or they should wait till next month when the all new 2012 comes out.
  • frugal_dudefrugal_dude Member Posts: 1
    Wow -- that seems like an unbelievable price! Congratulations! I have been checking around the southeastern MA & RI area and the best price I have found is $20,500. Haven't inquired at Bernardi yet, though.
  • triad123triad123 Member Posts: 1
    About to buy 2011 Camry LE with the following options:
    - alloy wheels
    - cargo mat
    - floor mats
    - window tinting
    - leather seats
    - Used 0% finance for 60 months

Out the door price is 23,200.

Dealer is in NC.

What do you think?
  • svn26svn26 Member Posts: 4
    In my local ad (northern CA) I'm seeing $19,000 (after $1000 factory rebate and $1000 new grad rebate) for a 2011 Camry LE. This seems like a pretty good deal to me since the best I was able to get a few months back was $19,600 for a non-LE base model if I remember correctly. I feel I should be able to get it lower if others are able to get under $19K without a new grad rebate. Thoughts? Wait until the 2012 model comes out (assuming a 2012 LE will be in the same price range)?