Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• ky1234ky1234 Member Posts: 6
    Purchased a 2012 Toyota Camry SE 4 cyl with entune/nav, convenience, sunroof and leather (MSRP $28,540) on Oct 15. Paid $25,579 sales price ($750 under invoice) + tax(KY 6%), title and processing. OTD was $27,646.24. Also got Toyota Credit financing for 1.5%!
  • smittmikesmittmike Member Posts: 5
    ky-
    That's a great deal. Do you find that they give you a better deal if you get a car that's loaded than if you were to get more of a base model? I think I want an SE but one not quite as loaded as yours. Did they give you a break on one specific option or did you just negotiate them down?
  • camryhybrid12camryhybrid12 Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2011
    If you are near Brunswick Toyota in North Brunswick, NJ, go there and ask for the general manager.. best deal and sevice... I have ordered a Camry XLE Hybrid from there.. will get it in 4-6 weeks, with Convinience, Entune/Nav (no JBL). NOT including the moonroof package (I hate it). This is the best dealer and I can tell you as I looked at all of them around my area, not just Toyota dealers - all makers (was looking for a good dealers first before comparing cars...).

Good luck!
  • smeggosmeggo Member Posts: 3
    What did you pay for it? I couldn't get a quote on a hybrid from the dealership I went too.
  • camryhybrid12camryhybrid12 Member Posts: 18
    edited November 2011
    smeggo I have not yet received it. The general manager is fantastic.. I trust I will get best price he can give me. I was not even asked to place a deposit or anything... try this with your local dealer. DCH group has a very unique approach and I think it is so refreshing to find such in today's market (unless you go to luxury cars of course). I will post the price when I take possesion of it. I suggest you just call them and go visit and see what you like - if you are around the area that is and serious to buy. I hate hagling on price hence once I was able to select the best dealer (and how have I done it - well this is in another post), I was completley satisfied I will get the best service and best price. This is a relantionship that I looked for long term, so I can trade in my car every generation (5 years or so) and get a new one and not worry about being cheated or such. More importantly, not worry the dealer will not be there if initial faults happen and car will need repairs, especially since this is a new just out model. Would prefer to buy after a year since introduction but I do not have time to wait. Have been waiting from May with this dealer.. many emails with the general manager... on specualtions, issues, etc.. always reply... even at night... from his ipad/iphone. I have seen others stating they know him and his team and will buy anything they sell from them... etc..

Just to give you an idea.. I was trying to buy a car.. for a VERY long time... For some reason I did not like the usual dealers near my home. So while trying from time to time to replace my old car, I always had a problem not trusting a dealer, worry what if I get a lemon and have to waste time and frustration etc. Well.. I do not worry anymore. I have found my dealer! To give you an idea, I am still the original first owner of.. a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE (no fancy options, but a V6).. a miracle this car is still running after 21 years.. had no major repairs but its the time to change now.. it stalls from time to time (at stops after some driving) and its not worth for me to even investigate how to fix it.. looking forward to drive the new XLE Hybrid.. Its great not only to find the best dealer I can around my place but a very good car... !

Good luck!
  • 3camry3camry Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    Got it for 21800 with pw seat, mate and side door rubber
    plus TTL and doc fee minus 1500 rebates
    Comes with LT PWT war

In other words 3-4.5k under MsR p
  • ky1234ky1234 Member Posts: 6
    I didn't get quote on any other vehicle. I knew what I wanted, so I sent quote requests online to several area dealers. I started gathering quotes and then sharing them with the other dealers and they would match it. I eventually got down to two dealers that were competing with each other!

I have had mine three weeks now and am loving it. I have already averaged a 34.5 mpg on my last tank of gas and it isn't even broken in yet. Very satisfied customer at this point.
  • purpleaislepurpleaisle Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2011
    I intend to buy Camry XLE 2012 Model 2540 with CQ, EX, FE, LA, CY factory installed options. The OTD price quoted was 29580 usd. (Inclusive IL sales tax 1986 usd +156 usd doc fee+ license & title fee 194). Price quoted with 600 usd below invoice price. Is it a good deal ????

Thanks,
  • wolverine2011wolverine2011 Member Posts: 1
    That looks a great price - better than what I paid.

So you paid effectively 20300+TTL+doc fee?

I paid for an LE for 20700+TTL+doc fee
  • nj_buyernj_buyer Member Posts: 11
    wolverine2011 please tell me which dealer you went ? - for LE for 20700+TTL+doc fee???

I am looking for reference what people have paid for 2012 LE 4cyl - Base price and OTD.
  • nj_buyernj_buyer Member Posts: 11
    3camry can you send me the details of the dealer? who offered you this?
  • jon1108jon1108 Member Posts: 3
    Pattyg,

I live in Mass. too. Can you please post the dealer you used?

-Jon
    Pattyg2,

I live in Mass. too. May I ask what dealership you used and what town they're in?

Thanks!

-Jon
  • pattyg2pattyg2 Member Posts: 4
    Jon- please note that I did not state that the price included a $1,500 trade-in and $1,000 new grad incentive. With these and other discounts the price came to $18,400.00
  • dmbmay98dmbmay98 Member Posts: 19
    Here is the deal that I got that I am going to pick up on Saturday. I think it is pretty good.

2012 Camry SE Sticker 27,654
    Convenience Package
    Entune Navi
    Power Seat
    All Weather Mats
    Rear Bumper Applique

Getting the car for 24,660 before destination and taxes and then I get the following rebates
    - 1000 Graduation Certificate
    - 1000 Camry Certificate for 2012 (Dealers got certificates for $250 that they can give out to get people to purchase)

I thought that was pretty good considering invoice on the car is 25,543.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    You probably got a v6 w/ that MSRP and options. I think 1k under invoice is high when you are also qualified for the graduation rebate.
    I will post more details after I pick up the car to explain the price. The 24,660 is before the rebates.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    edited November 2011
    Oop, sorry, I was thinking that's after rebates. Yes, it's a good deal to get 1k under invoice - all other rebates.
    Thanks, pattyg2!

-JT
  • pennycalipennycali Member Posts: 4
    Loaded Camry SE V6 Nav,Moon,JBL, Leather, Convience

I think was $100 under invoice.
  • dodsatyadodsatya Member Posts: 9
    edited November 2011
    I am planning to buy a 2011 camry LE. I got a quote from the dealer in VA as below. Is it a good price?

$19,900
    $608.97 tax
    $10 dmv
    $50.75
    $399.00
    Total - $20,968.72
  • joey65joey65 Member Posts: 9
    Just leased a 3.5 SE with sunroof & conv pkg. Beautiful car, drives excellent, and salesman made the process very comfortable. Extremely professional folks and willing to work with you. I will suggest you call/stop by and see for yourself, and if possible ask for the same person that made this sale happen... Dimitri. Although I got a slightly better price somewhere else, I opted to lease from this dealership because of the salesman, the dealership, the convenience, and how they treat their customers. Good luck!
  • doughscenteddoughscented Member Posts: 10
    That is less than what I was quoted, so looks good to me, but I would like to hear from others too. I was quoted 20,900 beofre TTL for the "L", not the "LE"
    I picked up the car yesterday, the dealer is located in Columbus Ohio and was very straight forware. The price I ended up getting the car for was

Sticker of 27,654, Camry SE 4cyl with Display Audio, Moonroof, Power Seat, and Convenience Package with Push start, backup camera, homelink, etc.

Car was 22,660 (with 1k in Toyota Camry Dealer Incentive and 1k in College Grad)

At 7.75% Salestax and $250 ohio documentation fee, the total out the door was 24,874.

Because of the college grad I had to go through Toyota Financing where I got 60 months at 2.9%.

That was 1k below invoice before the 1k in Camry incentive certificates that are out there. If anyone wants the dealer name and salesman let me know. He was straight forward with no BS.
    edited November 2011
    Edmunds is advertising a free ipad 2 incentive if you buy a new 2012 Camry.

Sorry I don't have a link. The form I got has serial number so I can't give it out.

The cool thing about the incentive is you dont have to tell the dealer. Just fill in a form and mail it.

The link is ad advertisement on the edmunds page. I think I was looking at ES350 when i found it.
  • yuvrajyuvraj Member Posts: 4
    I went to dealer in seattle region and finally bargained to this Invoice price

2012 Toyota Camry XLE

Color: Barcelona Red (Exterior)-Ivory leather (Interior)

OPTIONS:

Leather Package
    Convenience Package
    Display audio with Navigation and Entune
    Rear bumper applique
    Carpeted floor mats
    All weather mats

Final price - $27496 (invoice Price)
    Price doesnt include WA tax, Document fee, Licensing Fee
    Do you think this is good price ? do I have room to bargain ? Once again I live in Seattle. Car prices are typically in this region :( (atleast I felt so...
  • sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Would you share more details - like MSRP, sale price, monthly payment and out of pocket expense? Thanks.
  • frontlinefrontline Member Posts: 1
    Bought Camry XLE 4 Cyl. Had to be Silver color with no Leather (our preference) and options below:

CQ - Convenience Package (keyless push start, backup camera, home link, etc.) LOVE it
    EX - Navigation with Entune (cool interface, iPhone syncs up very well with all contacts, music etc.)
    CF - Carpet Mets
    Cargo Net
    Vehical Shield (could not avoid this add-on)

Price Paid: $25,900 + tax/title = $27,900 out the door price.

One can do better in price I think, but we could not find a car with color+options preference anywhere. negotiated on emails with bunch of dealies. finally one dealer could find it and got it traded from another dealer 70 miles away. So far love the car. It drives well, all the technology and convenience is great.

Any comments?
  • yuvrajyuvraj Member Posts: 4
    thats a good price, below invoice price i believe ...
  • mrbabsmrbabs Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    I'm running numbers for a Camry I'm looking at and was wondering how much over invoice is a good target price? it looks like the Invoice price and MSRP is a 9 % premium. When I ran the dealers numbers the bottom line number is still 9% over invoice even with a discount. His bottom line so far is 34,491.56 and the invoice would be 31,374.76. That's including TTL&D. It is an out the door number. His number seems high. Any thoughts?
    A lot of people myself included have bought the car at or under invoice. You can probably get the same.

There is no point in comparing TTL&D since it varies by locale.
  • camry2013camry2013 Member Posts: 1
    Where ur located ? I dont see that add in Northwest region ?I tried on multiple computers :cry:
    edited October 2008
    I'm in San Francisco Bay Area.
  • dtv48erdtv48er Member Posts: 2
    I recently graduated college and after saving up for sometime I bought a camry 2012 SE with power seat from a dealer a few weeks back. The OTD price was 22700 plus tax and title. The dealer agreed to apply 1K in college rebate as a down payment. A week later when I returned to pick up the car, I noticed the price on the retail order changed from the original copy of the retail order. It now noted 23700 plus tax and title with a 2K in rebate. When I asked why the change the finance guy just responded they found an extra rebate that I wasn't entitled to. It had something to do with the volume of Camry the dealership was selling. After reading this forum, I now know the extra 1K in rebate came from the Camry certificates. The dealer increased the sale price by 1K to pocket the 1K in Camry certificates. I've already picked up the car, is there anything I can do at this point?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as this is my first new car.
  • vly1vly1 Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2011
    The interior of the XLE V6 2012 looks like a Ford product which is of low quality. I just brought a Toyota Camry 2011 XLE V6 for $25,000 OTD with 8.75% taxes included in New Orleans. I am surprised that the 2011 Camry XLE V6 was alot smoother than the 2012 Camry XLE V6. The ride quality for the 2012 was bumpy even when i corrected the tire pressure to factory setting at 33psi. The 2012 has a few more gadgets and a tighter turning radius but that's it. The 2011 had a better quality build to it and the 2011 rides smoother than the 2012.

I really wanted to buy the 2012 Camry for the new look but the 2011 had a nicer ride.

Good luck buyers.
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Probably not...

You noticed the change, accepted their explanation, and took delivery of the car.. That pretty much seals the deal.

However, you still got the price you agreed to. Plus, those certificates are used by dealer discretion (they don't have to use them..it's not tied directly to your car). They probably wouldn't have given you the $1000. If you had insisted, they would have just taken them off your deal, and gone back to the original parameters. And, you'd be in the same place.

Congrats on the new car!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• sergeymsergeym Member Posts: 283
    Maybe, may be not. He could've walked out with the knowledge of rebate/certificate existence and get a better price elsewhere.

I would still write a letter to the dealership GM about this, mention my dissatisfaction, internet forums and he may give you something to sweeten the deal, free oil changes for 3 years, maybe?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,810
    Well... yeah, with prior knowledge of the program, he might have done better.... and, as you mention, if you don't ask, you don't get...

But, he got what he asked for, given the knowledge he possessed... I certainly wouldn't feel bad about it..

Every car deal can teach you a lesson.... maybe, he'll make it up on the next one! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• dtv48erdtv48er Member Posts: 2
    I wrote an email to the GM of the dealership and I'll write an email to toyota corporate as well, to see if this is common practice.
    What makes matter worse is because of these certificates ie raising the before sell price by 1K, I paid $90 more in nyc sales tax.

thanks for the advice guys.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    A reporter is interested in talking with someone who has bought a car, or intends to buy one in November 2011. If you are interested in commenting on your experience, please reply to pr@edmunds.com no later than Friday, November 18, 2011 and include your contact information.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• sunny12sunny12 Member Posts: 9
    I am in Columbus, Ohio. Please let me know the dealership name and his name. thanks.
  • whywhqwhywhq Member Posts: 1
    I got one with the same packages for OTD $27350, tax/fees included (7.75% in CA). So your price is not great.
  • ortolanortolan Member Posts: 12
    edited November 2011
    Hello, I'm new to the forum and also looking into purchasing my first Toyota, particularly a 2012 Camry Hybrid LE. I've been shopping diligently for several weeks now and no dealer seems to have any 2012 Camry Hybrid LE's in stock, a few dealers have been slowly getting XLE's, which are completely optioned out, way more than I want to spend.

I've sent about 30 e-mails out asking for quotes to various dealers and most of them said they would be selling way too good to offer less than MSRP, I thought that this sounded a little absurd. But last last night I was contacted by a dealing saying that they have a Silver 2012 Camry Hybrid LE income in soon, bone stock which is the one I'm looking for.

He offered it to me for $25,422.00. Is this a good price? He said it is about $300 over invoice, which includes destination fees etc. Out the door for me would be $27,147.19, which includes tax, and license fees.

Please help as I really want to get the car and I need to replace my car very soon, but I don't want to get ripped off.

Thanks for any input!
  • dmickelsondmickelson Member Posts: 4
    Sounds a little high. Base options are Invoice at $24,589. MSRP is $26,660. It's not a terrible price but I bet you can do better.
    Where would I find an accurate invoice price because I've look on the internet and different places seem to post different numbers, which makes it confusing. Also, what do you think would be a good price to shoot for before tax, title and registration.

Thanks!
  • boody80boody80 Member Posts: 10
    some dealers try to use rebates to cover some discounts, the same thing happened to me when I bought my camry 6 months ago. I paid 1k more because the dealer played the same trick. But, I only balme myself for not being carful when I signed the paper. 1k should not make you sad enjoy your car. :)
    Do you know if there is a $1000 cash certificate for the 2012 Camry Hybrid LE?

Thanks!
  • sedan2012sedan2012 Member Posts: 4
    Can you please share where in CA you got this deal.

I am in Bay area and looking for a good deal on XLE.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    What kind of trick? I must've missed something here!

The Sandman :) :sick: :shades:

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)