Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• raytracerraytracer Member Posts: 3
    Me too. Finally got the Edmunds rebate but missed the Toyota Sharethon certificate. If anyone would like to give away, please contact me. Thanks!
  • tn_volstn_vols Member Posts: 2
    Happy New Year everyone!
    If anyone has an extra Toyotathon Sharethon Certificate, Please let me know.

I bought a 2012 Camry SE (4 cyl) for $25,900 after dealer fees (not including tax) on Saturday. The car has leather, power seats, moonroof, convenience package, navigation package, mats. The MSRP was $28764.
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    The price of $25,199 was that a V6 model Nav and blind spot cameras. It seems like a great price. What was the sticker price on the car? Edmunds used to post that Wholesale / Retail pricing but I don't see it anymore on this site.

I want to go in pay cash on Tuesday and buy a loaded Camry XLE with 6 cyl engine. What should I pay.
  • kcmoverkcmover Member Posts: 36
    edited January 2012
    The MRSP of the car is 29,845.00
    Optional equipment is safety connect with emegency assist 450.00
    Blind Spot mirror 500.00
    Premium HDD Navigation with entune and JBL 7" Screen 1550.00
    Carpet / Trunk mat set 225.00
    Rear Spoiler (don't need or want) 159.00
    Rear Bumper Applique (don't need or want) 69.00
    Total options (2,953.00)
    Vehicle Base Model (29,845.00)
    Total MSRP $32,798.00

What should I expect to pay for this car in the Kansas City area? I was hopeful for about $27,000 are there any incentives or additional bonus items I should be asking the dealer for on the purchase.

I feel I need body side molding. What should that value be or tell them to include it?

The dealers all have warranty gimmicks Like lifetime powertrain warranty but thru who and what terms and conditions.

No trade in. Strictly a cash deal.

I would appreciate any advice as I would like to buy it today January 3rd, 2012.
  • tn_volstn_vols Member Posts: 2
    KCMOVER,

In addition to the MSRP of $32798, you will have to add the destination charge ($815 or so) and then the dealer fees (varies).

Based on True Car.com, you should expect to pay around $29,700 for the car if purchased in Atlanta. How did you do?
  • bizibizi Member Posts: 17
    Bought 2012 Camry LE Hybrid in SoCal for $550 under invoice. At the moment, LE Hybrid generally doesn't have any options other than the floor mats. Many dealers in the area are selling the hybrids around the invoice price.
  • maiden4evermaiden4ever Member Posts: 2
    Can you tell me what dealership in Bergen county did you buy from? Did the price included destination costs?
  • ericfebsericfebs Member Posts: 1
    Just purchased Attitude Black, 4 cyl Camry SE with moonroof, navigation, power driver seat and mats for $23.7k including dealer fee at Clearwater Toyota. Felt it was a fair price. Talked to dealer w/o dealer fee but they wanted more for car with fewer options. Gettel/Lakewood in Bradenton, i wouldn't ever deal with them again. They wouldn't let me wander the lot--they had sales people bring cars to you. What a terrible experience they were, while I have nothing but great things to say about the folks at Clearwater. Be warned, however, when you pull into their lot at Clearwater, there will be 20 guys hanging out waiting for you like you are meat. I would advise you talk to the internet guy and work things out, then come with a specific person to meet...
  • hbqiaohbqiao Member Posts: 5
    Wow, this is a great price. You really mean $550 below the invoice price? The invoice is $25028.

Could you share the dealer? I am in the same market for the same car. Thanks!
  • bizibizi Member Posts: 17
    Try truecar.com and check out San Diego area.
    The invoice you quoted doesn't include floor mats ($140 invoice).
  • st971475st971475 Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2012
    I live in MA and am looking to purchase a new 2012 Camry L / base model (w/automatic transmission and floor mats). Is $18,800 a reasonable price? This includes the college grad rebate, but doesn't include tax, plates, and fee. MSRP is listed as 22,845.

I feel like I missed out on a really good deal with the Shareathon and the Edmunds rebates.
  • slay45slay45 Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    You can probably still get the Edmund's $500 rebate. Just got the special offer ad tonight. Try browsing local Accord inventory and you should see the ad. Fill it out and a few days later you should receive the certificate. It took me 3 days to get the certificate from the time I filled out the form in the ad.

Good luck.
  • st971475st971475 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the advice, Slay! I had been trying to look for it the past few days after reading about it by searching for Honda Accords and other inventory, but wasn't able to find it until after you posted in the forum last night. I received the certificate within 5 minutes of filling it out and purchased my car today..picking it up on Monday. Thanks!
  • nandanmvnandanmv Member Posts: 5
    Sorry, I do not think the Sharethon certificates can be shared. The name had to be provided before the registration for Sharethon. The name is then matched with owner of the car.
  • mandk0308mandk0308 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for deal of new camry SE with floor mats , anyone can share price in bay area? much appreciated.

Thank you
  • dubceedubcee Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2012
    Bought my silver SE 4 cyl base in mid December 2011
    MSRP: 24,494
    Selling price: 22,177
    Adjustments: -1000 grad, -500 dealer loyalty discount, -1000 Shareathon
    OTD: 19,677 @ .9% 36-month loan

The car has been great so far, definitely the best looking imho Camry. After time I have noticed that the steering is on the 'numb' side, not offering the most feedback or feel. MPG could be better, computer reads 28-29 but doing the miles\gallons fillup math says 24-25. All in all I have been satisfied with the purchase.
  • mj78indmj78ind Member Posts: 8
    Hi Aish,

Would you have sometime to chat online or may be I could call you to get some tips for buying a 2012 Toyota Camry LE?

My email is mj78ind at gmail.

Thanks!
    Hi

I got a quote for Toyota Camry 2012 LE Base model, black color = $22,456
    (excluding destination fees, tax, title and license plates).
    The invoice price at Edmunds says $20,588 (excluding destination fees, tax, title and license plates).

What should I gun for? $19,788??

Thanks
  • dfwdewddfwdewd Member Posts: 14
    Hey bud. So did you end up buying the car? $27,300 sounds like a great price for XLE I4 with JBL/NAV, safety connect, leather, convenience package and blind spot monitor. I am thinking about getting the same car with JBL/NAV without blind spot monitor and safety connect. The Toyota website did let me customize one like that so I'm hoping that was the case. My opinion is that the most important number is your Out The Door price = ($27,300*local sales tax)+title fees(check with local DMV-should be approx $150). That should be it!
    Hi, I am getting ready to buy a 2012 Camry 4-cyc XLE with leather,convenience package and JBL/NAV. Other websites require safety connect and blind spot monitor when you order the JBL system but the Toyota website lets me omit these items with JBL. Has anyone manage to get one like this and if so, how much did you pay before TT&L? I am in the Dallas area. Thanks!
  • shyboyshyboy Member Posts: 36
    Oh man I mused that back in December.

What should I do now.
    Do you mind telling me how you manage to get the Edmunds rebate? I do not see it anywhere in here. Thanks!
  • etbull1etbull1 Member Posts: 15
    I just got the edmunds certificate the other day following this post:

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef071a2/8799!keywords=alli

I think there was an ad for a highlander maybe Camry that I clicked on and it brought me to the rebate form. Got the email a couple minutes later
    Hi all,

I finally test drove the 2012 Camry XLE V6 and decided that this is the model I want. The only option I want is the all weather mats (any have any input on how well these mats cover the carpet?)

Anyhow last time I bought a car in 2010 I used the USAA buying service to request Internet quotes. However, all of a sudden yesterday the site now says there are no local dealers (OKC area). I have been researching for a couple of months, checking the target price on USAA, and this throws a wrench in my plans.

Also, I am willing to drive up to Kansas or down to Dallas to buy a camry. Thanks for any and all tips..
  • saukessaukes Member Posts: 3
    Wow your sales tax rate is high. Thank you South Dakota for only making our excise tax 3%! and registration at $56!
  • rvm3rvm3 Member Posts: 5
    edited January 2012
    Just bought a silver 2012 Camry LE on Saturday (1/14/12) in Houston, TX. I got the power drivers seat and the premium floor mats.

invoice breakdown as follows -
    base: $20,588
    power seat: $392
    premium mats: $140
    destination fee: $760
    total: $21,880

agreed upon price before TT&L was $21722
    tax @ 6.25% = $1358
    T&L = $270
    Total out the door = $23,350

(I had the dealer add tinting for $150, so my total was $23,500).

Other dealers in the area refused to do $23,350 out the door, so hopefully I got a decent deal.
  • shyboyshyboy Member Posts: 36
    can you pass me the dealer info?

I am actually buying it in a week or so..

please send me the dealer and sales person name ASAP please.
    anyone have any thoughts on if this is a good deal?
    I think it is a fair deal, I mean not rocking but GOOD!

I will try to gun for $20,388 base price (excld destination, car seat, premium floor seats, tax and TTL). Will try to wheedle a $250 - $500 dealer discount and $1000 recent grad for my wife discount. Finally if am lucky will get a $500 Edmunds discount. But these are all ifs and buts, do not know what the dealers in my area will say to all this (prepared from - GET out! to hmmm..... let's talk mister :)

Anyways you have the car, so now it is all about enjoying the touch screen and the ride :)

Cheers
    Thanks! How do I get a $500 Edmunds discount? Is it too late? I don't think my wife or I qualified for any recent grad discount because of the two of us, I most recently graduated in December of 2008.
  • aishaish Member Posts: 5
    I received my Toyotathon promotion Visa card for $1000. Great, Toyota is very quick. As I mentioned before, I have one additional unused promo code. If anyone wants, prefer someone in Northern Virginia, please send mail to camr2012@gmail.com. You should have bought your camry between 12/12/2011 - 01/03/2012.
  • ronn13ronn13 Member Posts: 5
    Today i got invoice for 2012 Camry SE V6

Camry SE V6
    Convenience package
    Carpeted Floor Mats
    Display Audio with Navigation Entune and JBL
    Door still Enhancements
    Leather Package
    Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof

Price - 28,320 + 190 + 24 + 1,712 + 23 = 30,269

Is this good deal ? i really appreciate your feedback
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    I don't know, but for that price, you can get a fully loaded Nissan Maxima with a lot more features.
  • toyotacamry12toyotacamry12 Member Posts: 1
    Hi Guys,

Edmund.com firstimer here. and need all your guys experienced views.

I have a deal for a 2012 Toyota Camry SE, with moon roof.

The Base price is 21973$, and the out the door is 23775$.

Do you guys think this is a good deal, or is there room for more improvement?

This is in Maryland.
    Thanks already! :)
  • camryowner5camryowner5 Member Posts: 1
    I have recently bought camry XLE V4 with just floor mats add ons. Did cost me 24k out the door(including 2000 for Tax+dmv+delear doc preparation + i also qualified for 1000 recent coolege grad offer).

MSRP was 25700 + 2000 (tax+dmv+doc prep fees)
    Dealer invoice was 23500
    asking price was 23000+(2000 tax and all) = 25000 Out the door
    -1000 rebate
    24000 out the door
  • k111k111 Member Posts: 4
    I bought Camry LE with power seats, floor mats and vehicle shield pkg from Dallas area for $22,900 OTD (includes 6.25% Tax).

No other dealers in our area could match this deal.

Bought it from Freeman Toyota and they were very professional and delivered what they promised with absolutely no hassle.
  • jurdebjurdeb Member Posts: 2
    Can you say which dealer and did it go through?
    Thanks
  • nilzamnilzam Member Posts: 1
    Wow! That's a great deal! Which dealership was that? We live in Northern NJ and for the same model they want $26,000 OTD (including a 7 yr 100mi Warranty)...but now I think it's not such a good deal. Same Camry SE (2012).
    Please tell us where you got your deal!!! Thanks :)
  • ncalerncaler Member Posts: 14
    Did anyone receive your Edmunds $500 rebate yet? I sent mine in over 4 weeks ago. No acknowledgement, no news, no rebate ... yet. Did anyone actually receive your rebate?
  • rikki90rikki90 Member Posts: 5
    I just paid $21,650 for a Camry SE (with power seat and carpets). This was at Schaumburg Toyota in IL. My co-worker paid $21,500 for a Camry SE, but they would not match that and I was getting weary. They tried to sneak in the B.S. warranty for $1400 and some GAAP insurance crap for $650.00 but I said no and that finance guy got really upset. I know they made money off from me because they only gave me $1075 on my trade-in (2001 Mits Galant with 136K miles).

Let me know if you have any questions

Thanks
    RM
  • npolitenpolite Member Posts: 33
    I just received my check about a week ago in the mail. I sent it in around Dec 13-17th.
  • ehoeho Member Posts: 1
    You may check from here: http://www.toyotacashback.com/
  • ncalerncaler Member Posts: 14
    Thank you very much. The website is having a little trouble. Will check again tomorrow.
  • thunt1thunt1 Member Posts: 1
    $26095 for car, $395 dealer fee, $26490 paid to the dealer for car, plus I owe Massachusetts sales tax and other state fees. Options-convenience package+ floor mats. MSRP online was $29080 for this car.

Went in looking for SE 4 cylinder, and drove all 4 cyl. models, SE,le, XLE. On smooth highway, SE had constant jitteryiness, so ride noticeably rougher. The SE steering has a little more "bite" to it, but all versions went around turns at high speed confidently. The sunroof cars were substantially noisier. I closed the shade and that reduced the noise a little, and told me the sunroof is making the noise. I wanted the smoothest quietest car, so sunroof models were out. The hybrid is a much faster car than 4 cyl. It still had power at 80 to take it to 90 quite quickly. Only thing I noticed was between zero and about 5 mph, a little noise and vibration that disappeared at about 8mph. The car sounded better to me, makes some other noises, but those noises sounded like inside of a jet plane instead of economy car. I felt hybrid had a slightly smoother ride and sound too.
    Has anyone had any luck with purchasing a fully loaded 4-cylinder XLE or a V6 SE, $3,000 to $3,500 off the MSRP price in the Dallas area? If you did, can you provide the dealership name? Thanks!
    While I did not purchase from them (I went with a closer dealer), Toyota of Ft Worth had the best price by far.
    Do you mind sharing the details of your purchase? I'm trying to see how much leverage I have to get the dealer to sell one close to invoice or possibly a few hundred below that. So far all the internet quotes aren't even close and they are not negotiable and I find that to be ridiculous. Thanks!
    edited February 2012
    I actually got the xle v6 with a msrp of 30,915 for 27900. I used the $500 military rebate and a $500 toyota loyalty rebate. I also was able to nab one of the $500 edmunds rebates which I have to mail in, so that brings the OTD to 27,400

The price included a 249 doc fee
    Ok, I'm guessing that the math is like this. $30,915-$1,000(Toyota and military rebates)-$2,860(dealer discount)+$845(destination fee)=$27,900. $27,900 plus TTL&dealer fee of $249 comes out to $29,900-$500(Edmunds rebate)=$29,400 (OTD) and not $27,400 right? Some guy from Houston area said the fee is $760 but other website is saying that there's a gulf states surcharge of $85, which brings the destination total to $845. Is that the case for you? Thanks!
    No, the MSRP includes the destination fee. So sticker price was $30,915 (only option was floor mats).

Sales Price was $28900 - $1000 rebate (toyota loyalty & military) = $27900

Edmunds mail in rebate is $500, so my total is $27,400.

I have not paid TTL yet, so I don't know how much that is