Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and Earlier - Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• trusso69trusso69 Member Posts: 68
    out-the-door price = sell price + doc fee + taxes + reg fees = 21100?
    msrp 24860
    sell price ????
    tax rate ????
    fees ????
  • hed63hed63 Member Posts: 6
    Yesss, Out The Door means everything already included! I financed $21,100 TOTAL PRICE ,after all fees,taxes,admin cost etc. He never gave the sale price.
    edited March 2013
    what does it say on your bill of sale?
    sorry not buying this deal; if it was real, i would buy one today
    dealer name?
    location?

as a comparison, this is a low-ball dealer on the east coast:
    http://www.fitzmall.com/fitzway/carfind/RESULTSB.ASP?V_XREFID=LFT642081:2012-12-- 22T11:23:39.750

price before all fees and taxes: 21773
  • deepo11deepo11 Member Posts: 7
    Whats the best otd price has anyone been able to find on a 2012 se, base with power drivers seat and carpet mats? I would be utilizing 0% interest for 5 years so no rebate.
    Don't forget there is also this:
    Lender Bonus $ Offer
    Requirements and Restrictions:
    Subvention Bonus Cash is available towards retail purchases. Must finance through Toyota Financial Services.
    Bonus $ Offer Type Start End
    $750 Lender 02/26/2013 04/01/2013

It is good with the 0% financing...
    Do you have a link for this? I've seen this this offer before or anywhere.
    Can't see the 750 rebate to pop when I open that link for some reason.

Question, as I'm comparing prices, is there a general markdown % for thee 2012 SE models? So I can know what is a good sale price based on the msrp.
    Wow! Do people actually come on here and make up buying stories? Who has time for that? Here is my bill of sale breakdown

Cash price- $20,026.65
    Taxes- $600.00
    Reg. Fees etc- $82.00
    Process fee- $389.95
    Total- 21,100.00

I couldn't care less if you don't believe me. I didn't come on Edmunds Forum to waste time on "weaving stories". I wanted to find out if I had a good deal. THANKS to your comments! Now I know I didn't just get a GREAT DEAL, I had a SUPER GREAT DEAL!!! You probably are a salesman judging by the details that you were asking me. It was a lot of haggling and my indignant reaction to their lying which almost made me walk out. BUT the manager gave me the price quoted by their salesman, take it or leave it.
    edited March 2013
    "Wow! Do people actually come on here and make up buying stories? Who has time for that?"

1. Yes, people do. Browse the Accord forum if you don't believe me.
    2. So, you paid ~$20.4k for the msrp 24,860 Camry.
    Congrats on a great deal!
    Thanks! The more I talk with people the more I feel good about my deal. The only bad side is getting so mad about the lie and blowing up at the dealer in a way Im not used to doing to people and shooting my blood pressure through the roof. It paid off for me but I sure hated the process and it wasnt a "fun" buying experience. But now its all good.
  • bsunderbsunder Member Posts: 2
    Just want to check with everyone on this deal as I am going to pick up the car soon. The agreed up price for a 2013 Camry SE with power driver seat, floor mats, and tinted window is 20763, cash price, before tax and tag (as this depends on the area), but no dealer/processing fees. What do you guys think. thanks, ahead of time.
  • mistervemisterve Member Posts: 22
    $22,313 plus tax and lic for 2012 Camry SE with PD and NAV.
    I bought this in California in January.
    My son bought a 2012 Camry SE with out PD or any other extras, except mats for $20,988. That was in October 2012. No rebate on that purchase either.
    Also went with 0% financing instead of the rebate.
    Those were the best deals I could find in my area and I did a lot of looking...
    If you can get that deal then jump on it. Sounds too good to be true for the SE with PD. Hope the dealer isn't playing games with you.
    What state is this in?
  • bsunderbsunder Member Posts: 2
    I certainly hope the dealer is not, because I am travling a little distance to pick up the car, the dealership is in NC. I already have a signed bill of sell, so I hope it all works out.
  • riji_floridariji_florida Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    I live in Florida , there is a dealer fee in here.
    Anyways ,
    2013 Camry SE Power seat ,mats , tinted windows , toyota guard. Also a new plate registration which means $ 400 in Jacksonville FL.
    Out the door price, I paid 24k on 3 years 0 % finance.
  • jimdrewjimdrew Member Posts: 84
    Excellent price I paid 28K$ OTD for a 2012 SE V6 with all packages back in 2012 and that was a good deal as sticker was 32K$. I am extremely happy with it also got 1.9% financing. This one terrific car. Probably get another in a couple of years.

Jimmy Drew
  • busunclebusuncle Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2013
    Picked up a 2012 Camry Hybrid XLE on Feb. 28 in Alabama for a sale price of $29,990. Sticker was $36,458. I qualified for 2.19% APR financing through Toyota, which was a shade better than the financing I brought to the dealership.

I think it's a good idea to let them compete.

The car has every option available aside from DVD player. Too many to list.

I added an extended warranty (5 years/100k) for an additional $1,091.
  • lpiratellpiratel Member Posts: 4
    got the deal when i read the newspaper,

invoice was 19,999, after college grad,

then tax and everything, I was getting around 22k, then the finance guy was playing dirty and add in a car alarm for 750, which make otd price for me to be 22,800. if it wasn't for the alarm, I would paid 22k, which is possible. but 22,800 otd is not too bad in my book after i did some research.

anyway, my advice for the first time buyer, is to watch out for the finance guys, it doesn't matter how you deal with the sale guy, the finance guy is your final gate of hell, and when you go in there? they will do w/e it takes to bring the price up, from car alarm to other uncessary stuffs, luckily i read edmund's advices, and yet i fell for it, but that is only i thought 22,800 otd was good enough for me already.

anyway good luck for any future buyers
  • usr1980usr1980 Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am looking to buy Camry SE. I got quote for Fully loaded for 26,960 (before tax and Fees etc).
    Base SE for 22,752.

What you guys think of this deal?

Any of you had recent buying experience with 2013 Camry SE in Los Angeles?

Thanks.
  • jtptoyojtptoyo Member Posts: 3
    I bought a new 2011 Camry XLE fully loaded with nav...the works. It has less than 21500 miles and is superb shape. I didn't intend on selling the car so soon but my circumstances have changed. To give you an idea of the dealership BS, when I started the process the car had 20500 miles. I've run back and forth to one dealership or another trying to get at least the average of what all the car valuation sites say I can get trade in. This is like 21900. The dealerships are offering me 17000 to 18500. That's crazy to me especially since at the time I bought the car I couldn't get them to budge of the 32k sticker. I guess I am going to get screwed going in and coming out. I see tons of SE and LE with cloth seats but not too many like mine. I guess I should have gone for one of the more popular lower models.
  • ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    Keep in mind, when people buy used cars, they are focused on price and not the loaded features. If you paid an extra $5,000 for upgrades, you will not reap the benefit when you sell the car. Since $21,900 can get a brand new Camry with decent features, you would not be able to sell your car for nearly that much.
    You may have a valid point but one dealer was gracious enough to let me know the real deal. I am only selling not really "trading." I am not buying anything to replace my Toyota. He said there is no jacked up finance charges, jacked up pricing on a new car, and no hold back on my trade. Which is what they are trying to do with the 17500 offer. Cost and value are two different things. They use the cost scenario when they are buying. "we can't give anything more than wholesale minus what we have to pay to prep the car for selling. When you buy the scenario is that they can't discount the car because "it's a Toyota Camry...the number one selling car that holds its VALUE. This whole idea that Nada, KBB, AutoTrAder, et al isn't the real trade in value is ridiculous. Why do these tools exist then? If NADA says I can get 21275 and Edmunds 20627...real numbers...the dealer is try to steal from me at 17500.
    Everyone doesnt want a brand new car. Read an article that there is a shortage of quality inventory for 2-3 year old used cars. The ppl on this forum, if they are real buyers, are able to knock down asking on new because the markup already accounts for the haggling. This dealer said he wouldn't buy my car because it was one of those upscale fix your credit lots. He doesn't put more than 7-9k in his vehicles...but yet he has them priced for 14-18. I would venture to say that he probably pays even less than the 7-9k since he was so open with the info. Anyway that's off the point. I'll keep looking until I find someone whose going to pay close to asking.
    Have you tried CARMAX? There cars are overpriced but seem to be in better condition. Perhaps their valuation might be higher...
    Carmax is where I started. They had a 2011 XLE smoked in with 44k for 229. They offered 185. Thought offers would get better.
  • danieltsai0827danieltsai0827 Member Posts: 4
    thats for a base SE though. a full loaded SE 26000 plus fees
    You probably mean 21100 plus tax and fees would be around 23000 something. im 100% positive its not OTD no dealership in the world can do that price.
  • lpiratellpiratel Member Posts: 4
    yea, i was going to tustin toyota, but i decided to swing by toyota of orange, got the car otd in less than 4 hours, like i said, with the college grad, my otd was $22800 with a lame [non-permissible content removed] car alarm install, but the great thing is, the saleman gave me a brand new car, just off the delivery truck, so I can't really complain :D
    That is the problem when you get the top of the line model. A person who is purchasing a used car likely will not pay over $20,000 when one can get a brand new one for under that (with less features). If you had purchased a new LE for about $20,000, you probably could have sold it for $17,000 ($3,000 loss) as compared to the $10,000 loss you are suffering because you got the loaded model.
  • rogersmith3rogersmith3 Member Posts: 1
    Just bought a new 2012 Camry LE with power driver seat and floor/trunk mat.
    The sticker price is $24060.
    I paid cash price $20388, (NOT including tax, fees, registrations ...
    Including $750 rebates).

I think it is a good price. Is it?
  • hellofriendhellofriend Member Posts: 3
    Toyota offers 0% APR incentive for new 2012 Camry Hybrid for 5 years. I want to buy one but would like to hear around what deal each one got for out of door price. Any tips in negotiating price?

Any buying information and experience in DC, Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina areas are highly appreciated.
  • savedollarssavedollars Member Posts: 3
    Bryan Easler Toyota Hendersonville, NC has best prices. If you live in NC and hendersonville is drivable, checkout their prices. I bought 2012 camry LE with 0% interest 48 months finance for 21700 OTD in 1st week of March 2012. I did not haggle much. I should have take their quote and got someone in charlotte to match and beat for say 400 dollars, I would have had a better offer.
    Make sure you get everything in email, internet print outs and drive there. But be prepared...usually the "car you have seen on internet has just been sold or someone put cash down etc..." The thing is dealers want to make money and they will sell to someone who is willing to buy at a higher price.
  • hellofriendhellofriend Member Posts: 3
    One dealer offers me $27,592.83 out of door price for a new Camry Hybrid XLE. How come the difference is so big?
  • nspattnspatt Member Posts: 16
    Not sure if you are still in market but Edmorse Delray Toyota and earl stewart toyota both in palmbeach county have no dealer fee.
  • jqiaojqiao Member Posts: 8
    MSRP 24220, POWER SEAT+MAT
    OTD 22600+0APR 60MO, TAX 6.25%. 215XX IF W/O 0APR
    IS THIS A GOOD DEAL?
    Whats your OTD ? Does the OTD 22600 include tax or not.
    OTD 22600 include TTL
    if finance from Credit union, subtract 1000 before tax, otd will be 1062.5 less
    That sounds a good price.
    Which credit union qualifies you 1000-00 back ? I want to join that atleast for my next car.
    Penfed, 0.74apr for 48mo
    edited April 2013
    Ok, found it thru their website that you would have to go thru their car buying service.?
    Did they get that price ?
  • gemni24gemni24 Member Posts: 4
    Got a price quote OTD from couple of dealers in Bay Area, CA for Camry LE, lowest I got was $22800 with 0% financing . Is this a good deal ?
    My local dealer here in Austin, TX is offering 20% off MSRP on new Camrys. I got a quote for an SE at $20,550 (options include power seat, window tint, and floor mats). Is this a good deal or should I wait?
    cash or finance? and its not %20 off
    The MSRP is about $25,700, so 20% off is about $20,550. It's a cash price.
    Five thousand below MSRP is a good deal.
  • isloverislover Member Posts: 32
    hi forum

looking at a 2013 toyota camry SE - with these options:

moonroof package $ 814 invoice - $ 915 MSRP
    display audio with entune $ 935 invoice - $1050 MSRP
    power driver seat $ 392 invoice - $ 440 MSRP
    door cups/guards/door film $ 131 invoice - $ 199 MSRP
    legal window tint for FL $ ? - $ 399 MSRP
    floor mats $ 180 invoice - $ 299 MSRP
    iphone cable $ ? - $ 20 MSRP

I have gotten these prices from 2 local dealers so far - both in writing:

$24200 + tax + tag (already including dealer fee & $1000 dealer cash incentive)

$23500 + tax + tag (already including dealer fee & $1000 dealer cash incentive)

Does anyone think either one of these is a great deal?

I'm calculating the invoice price with these options at: $21,294 (base SE) + options ($2871)
    (had to calculate tint & iphone cable at MSRP pricing) + destination fee (south FL) $795 = $24960

is this correct?

i'm now not sure...

Someone please tell me what type of deal they got in the Southeast Florida area for a 2013 Camry SE with these options - ready to buy ASAP

Thanks in advance
    Currently the incentives are $1,500, so I would try to shoot for $5,000 off MSRP.
    Thanks for your reply

Where are you seeing a $1500 incentive?

I am only finding $1000 dealer cash for 2013 and $2000 dealer cash for 2012
  • voicemailkingvoicemailking Member Posts: 83
    In South Florida, I just leased a 2013 Camry SE. The options are 8 ay poer seats, Navigation and Entune System. It is 4 cylinder. I did not want a sunroof. The car stickered for $26,820. They based the lease on 22,098. The terms are 36 months, 15,00 miles. The payment set up was $269.00 per tax which came out to $185.14 per month. Gave $500.00 at signing for tags and 1st payment. In essence i have 35 payments left. Do you think it was a decent deal??? I did it thru Carwoo, and only e-mail, nothing changed and no hassles when I went in and signed.
    Yes, I think it's a great deal based on my calculations!

Did they include the $1000 dealer cash back on the deal to get that cap cost for your lease? (i think they did-great price)

The sunroof only adds $814 invoice price - so even with your price of $22098 + 814 = $22912 - which is hundreds cheaper than the lowest quote i've received by local internet departments so far of $23324

Did they include options on your car like legal window tint for FL? Door protection package (film, cups,edging)? Iphone cable? (all the dealers i've contacted have these options already on car - adds $399+$199+$20 - maybe that is the difference in the price you got and what i am receiving as a quote - not sure)

would you please disclose which dealer you received this deal at? if you don't want to list it publicly - you can send me a private message - i would be very interested in going there

i did put in a request on car woo 2 days ago - but unfortunately did not receive any offers yet - i am not sure why

thanks for your reply - and i hope you enjoy your new camry! :)