Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Acura RSX Maintenance and Repair

1141516171820»

Comments

• 6ea6ea Member Posts: 1
    I have owned the 2002 Acura RSX type S for about 1 month. The car does have 17" aftermarket rims and low pro tires. I have been hearing this clicking noise from the front right, by the tire. I know its not the wheels.. This clicking comes on when i press my brakes or accelerate sometimes I did replace the struts and nothing changed. Its getting really annoing.I have also noticed when switching to 2nd gear there is a lil roughness in the shift, Anyone have any suggestions on what it is.
  • motarheaddmotarheadd Member Posts: 1
    Hello,

I am trying to buy a 2004 rsx

I just looked at one this afternoon.

Car is in good shape and deal is pretty good too.

I would love to buy it if I can resolve this problem.

when I was test driving this car, I noticed high-pitched noise comming from
    the front of the car. I could only hear it between 0-10 miles and when I went faster
    the sound disappeared.

Noise sounded like high-pitched electric/flapping sound. I was not loud but I could clearly hear it.

I am a first time driver and knows nothing about car.

Please enlight me people!
  • joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    It's normal,as I took my Tye S to dealer stepped on brake and he said the clicking noise was normal. :shades: .
  • jprocjproc Member Posts: 135
    Well we've had an 03 RSX for 5 years now and I've never heard any high pitched noises
  • vickatvickat Member Posts: 43
    I've had RSX'03 for 5 years now. A month or so ago, at mileage of 127K, high-pitched, buzz-like noise started in engine bay, driver's side.
    At irst, it was heard only when starting car cold; now it may be heard any time.
    It's hard to replicate, as it comes and goes.
    any suggection will be greatly appreciated!
  • redbeltredbelt Member Posts: 1
    No Low Beams on my 2004 Acura :confuse: Help,
    I turned on my head lights only to find no low beams, but I have high beams and all other lights. Any one else have this problem and does any one know what the problem might be? I have had to replace the drivers side low beam bulb twice before this happened.
  • joem5joem5 Member Posts: 201
    who is talking about a high pitch noise?
    All I said was, sitting still turn car on and step on brake and you get a clickking noise and it's normal. :shades:
  • lp2lp2 Member Posts: 1
    I''m currently looking to purchase an RSX 05 or 06 type s and I wanted to know what type of gas the car can drive on. I remember browsing over a review that said that the car takes unleaded premimum. However, I'm unable to locate any other solid info about this. I would like to hear from the owners what type it takes.

Thanks
  • drawdefdrawdef Member Posts: 14
    I have an 06 and have only put 93 oct in it from day 1. 91 or better is what Acura says. This is due to the high compression engine. I'm sure it would run on lower octane, but I honestly wouldn't do it. Performance above all would suffer, you'd probably experience knocking and other such engine issues too. If you don't want to put the extra 20c a gallon for the good stuff in it, I wouldn't bother buying one.
  • 10a10a Member Posts: 6
    Hi, I hear that clicking noise when I step on the brake too...it's near the gear shift area, and I hear it when my car is in P, even when I just step on the brake when I haven't turned on my car. I went to the dealer to check it out before too. They told me it was normal, but now the sound is getting louder. Would this still be normal? I drive a 05 RSX, what about you? Maybe it's specific to the year?
  • hudpd33hudpd33 Member Posts: 1
    I have a 02 RSX, it will not come out of park unless I use the key in the hole next to the shifter. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if so, what will fix it with the exception of using the key every time to get it out of park?
  • mookieraymookieray Member Posts: 1
    The problem is most likely with the brake switch. If the switch doesn't sense that you have your foot on the brake, it will lock the shifter. The switch is easy to replace, but when I had the problem(2002 RSX) I just took it apart and found that it was a little gunky. I cleaned it, did not lubricate it, and put it back in. It has worked fine for almost 2 years now.
    If you live in the San Jose area, I will be happy to help you for a very small fee,
    $25, a case of good beer, or something similarly creative..
  • utbboyutbboy Member Posts: 2
    I recently bought a 03 RSX with about 55,000 miles on it. I have been driving it for about a month now and it goes into every gear except 4th. When you try to shift into 4th gear it feels like there is something blocking it. It started doing this while I was driving. I went to go put it into 4th gear and there was alot of resistance. When I took it out of 4th it would not go back in. Anyone have any ideas of what this could be?

Also I was driving to work the other day with the windows down and when I went to roll them up the passenger side window rolled about half way up and then I heard a loud noise (like somebody had thrown something at my car). The window then slowly went down into my door and will not roll back up. Any ideas on what this could be?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Sounds like teh motor and/or regulator on the power window. I had the regulator go bad on a vehicle and barely got the window up and closed where it could stay until I got them fixed.

And just so you're braced for it, power window repairs are usually on the pricey side :sick:

Here's hoping you get a break and it's something simple.
  • utbboyutbboy Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. How much do you think it would be?
  • 10a10a Member Posts: 6
    I want to know if there is anyone out there who is experiencing the same problem as me. I have a 05 RSX. A month ago, I started hearing this whirling noise when I release my foot from the gas pedal 35mph. This whirling noise is very obvious when the car slows to around 35 to 30mph but the whirling noise can be heard at higher speeds too. This noise also gets louder when the car runs warm. If the car is placed in neutral while decelerating, that whirling "woe woe woe" noise is also there. My dealer says that maybe it's due to the transmission fluid, but I changed it and used Honda dealer brand. Has anyone encountered this before? Anyone know what the problem is?
  • chobascochobasco Member Posts: 1
    hey guys i have an 05 RSX and ever since i got into a little accident my steering wheel is really loose. it moves about two to three inches before it reacts/grabs anything. if there is anything i can do myself to fix it it would be great. thanks
  • 03rsxsak03rsxsak Member Posts: 1
    when the clutch pedal is pedal is released in my 03 rsx type s it somewhat has a whirling noise when idiling will exp. in 2nd paragraph.and also around 35 to 50. I recently had my clutch replaced and the throwout bearing was not replaced . because the car only has 40k miles the dealer said it was not needed to be done yet but it is something that should be changed when the clutch is replaced. so that is most likely your problem. the more you hit vtec and drive it rough the louder it will get... I hope that I have solved your problem.

to see if its your throwout bearing park the car on level ground or put the ebrake on, turn off all systems sterio a/c etc.. , then start the car keep the clutch pedal on the floor and listen too how it runs. then release the clutch and if it gets louder than its the throw out bearing,also you can hear the difference when you rev the engine with the clutch in or out with it pushed in its runs very smooth and sounds good, with the pedal out it will be alot louder and not sound that great
  • adelgado1adelgado1 Member Posts: 1
    Hello I recently bought a 2003 RSX was told I needed to change the battery while changing the battery the 40amp fuse connected blew I changed it but now there is a horn and hazard lights but no ignition, lights or power locks. I am not even getting a security imobilization light. I checked back up fuse nothing blown so I am not sure where to look can you help ?
  • nrelichnrelich Member Posts: 2
    I have 75K and for 2 months an increasing creak in the struts.
    The bearing plate was replaced by my local garage, as Acura said it would not be covered by warranty because the Koni's weren't factory. . Noise was the same. Because of Koni Sport Shocks, the dealer wants another $180.00 to figure out if it is a warranty problem. The first look was $60.00 with no conclusion. There were posts in 2006, but no description of what parts are involved with front end noises. and what was the actual fix. The struts were pulled from an "S" car, so they have only mileage from 2006 with the Koni's, the first set installed by them in Kentucky. There was a factory defect, so they have been changed a second time.. I am reluctant to give them the rest of the money, and then they tell me its not under warranty, and want more money to put it all back together if its not covered. I still have the original struts also, but one of them had a leaking "damper". I have about 27K left on the warranty due to the class action suit
    about incorrect speedometer readings on a leased Honda car.

Could you please embellish about this class action suit? Do all Acura's (our's is an 03 RSX) have 100k of warranty?
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    The forums cannot be used to organize any legal actions so please don't head down that road.

If you click Forums Preferences you can set your email address to public and contact each other off of the forums. Only registered CarSpace forums users can access your email this way so it's a safe way to get in touch with other forum members.
  • nrelichnrelich Member Posts: 2
    The warranty is increased from 50K to 52500 miles. So according to the dealer,
    my extended warranty is increased to 102500 Miles.
    Thx.I was hoping that I had another 37k of warranty coverage.Car has been very reliable so far so hopefully it won't matter
  • bldgtchrbldgtchr Member Posts: 2
    2005 RSX type S with 29000 miles, driving in a 55mph zone engine starts rattling and then comes apart. Acura refuses to warranty ANYTHING! will not give me ANY specific reason. Pictures of the engine show; Piston completely melted, rod bent, hole in head and ceased main bearing. Engine had fresh oil and filter when this happed. Warranty isn't worth the paper it is written on. Acura says this would not happen under NORMAL driving conditions. No kidding! The engine is suppose to have safeguards to prevent this from happening even under stressful conditions. No wonder this car is no longer in production. The least Acura could do is meet a customer half way. This is a $10k engine replacement. They won't back a remanufactured engine. the new engine is warrantied for only 12k. What does that say for the confidence they have in their engines. My warranty is about to expire so I get a call asking me to purchase an extended warranty.
    check the WEB I am not he only RSX owner that has had this happen.
    Anyone else have an engine failure at low miles and ZERO Warranty Support? Yet another class action suit?

Is it true? Acura =A CAR U Repair Allot!
  • vibsrvibsr Member Posts: 47
    My RSX ('04 Base) has 85K miles on it. I took the car to the dealership to get the driver's side window regulator checked out (window wasn't seated...real funky happenings inside that door). They replaced the regulator ($$$), but all was well......I THOUGHT! Ten days later, the problem rears it's ugly head again. Same window. The repair is warranted for 12 months/12,000 miles. I'm taking it back right away.

For grunts 'n grins, I looked at various entry-level 2008-2009 cars to see how many (if any) cars were still offered with manual windows. Those old crank-em-ups are nearly extinct. I never had any problems with those, but convenience obviously dictated that power windows are the way to go on nearly everything. Replacement parts/repairs can be a real pain. :(
  • crewesercreweser Member Posts: 1
    My 2002 RSX has a hatchback that won't unlock. At first it would still work when it was cool, but now will not unlatch at all. I have looked at the lock from the inside, but can't figure any way to get it to unlatch. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any ideas how to get it to unlatch? It won't work with the door unlock or the remote.

Thanks in advance.
  • kelc511kelc511 Member Posts: 3
    Hi I have a 2003 RSX-S and I have a problem that started a long time ago but seems to have gotten much worse recently. Before, I would be idling or driving around a parking lot and after some time of doing that my check engine light would come on and I could hear something that sounded like it was clicking on and off pretty rapidly and my air would not blow as cold. The light would stay on for a few days at a time and during this time my car would feel like it had alot more torque but I could still here the on/off noise that sounded like maybe the A/c fan clicking on and off. After a day or so, the light would turn off and all would be back to normal but the car felt like it had much less torque. Now, the light stays on constantly. I still hear the clicking noise, my air does not blow as cold, AND my car shuts off randomly. Usually when I have the clutch in and am turning corners which can pose a major problem when the steering locks up. When this happens I just turn the key so the car goes back on but it usually happens again soon after. It does not make any noise when shutting off and the car does not jolt or anything that would signal a shut off. If it does it once in a trip it usually does it a few more times that trip. But it will also go days without shutting off even while the check engine light remains on. I had a diagnostics test run on it and a few codes came up for the O2 sensor and a couple other electrical things. I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else and if it went away with a replacement of the O2 sensor before I go and spend the $300. Thanks!
  • opiazzaopiazza Member Posts: 1
    hi i had the same problem (02 RSX-S)... driving under normal conditions and BAM! the engine blew up.... dealer told me i downshifted from 5th to 2nd... i was in 5th gear when i heard some rattling and shifted to 6th... then it happened when i tried to shift to 5th again... anyways the engine is gone....

i've read some similar problems being reported.... have you or anyone else have any luck getting Acura to step up and honor the warranty?
  • bldgtchrbldgtchr Member Posts: 2
    Acura will deny all claims and blame it on the car owner. I ended up putting in a new engine. They would only warranty a new engine for 1 year or 12k miles pretty much a joke. I needed a car so what do you do? I believe a national search for simular engine failures is in order along with a class action law suit. good luck.
    - Show quoted text -

On Mon, Jan 5, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Edmunds.com Forums wrote:

New message posted in Acura RSX Maintenance and Repair
    #1022 Re: 2005 RSX type S blown engine at 29000 miles [bldgtchr] by opiazza Jan 5, 2009 (9:21 pm)
    hi i had the same problem (02 RSX-S)... driving under normal conditions and BAM! the engine blew up.... dealer told me i downshifted from 5th to 2nd... i was in 5th gear when i heard some rattling and shifted to 6th... then it happened when i tried to shift to 5th again... anyways the engine is gone.... i've read some similar problems being reported.... have you or anyone else have any luck get...

View/reply at: Re: 2005 RSX type S blown engine at 29000 miles [bldgtchr]

This email was sent to [bldgtchr / bldgtchr@gmail.com] based on your election to track and be alerted to new messages in this discussion or Forum. To stop receiving emails, visit your My Watched Items page and deselect the Email Alerts for this discussion or Forum.
  • chicojtchicojt Member Posts: 1
    I have had the same problem a couple times and its always the drivers side low that goes out. Then i put in aftermarker halo headlights in and 2 months later the drivers side low went out again so i have been without it for bout 7 months now but finally gonna get it fixed.
  • speed_locspeed_loc Member Posts: 1
    hey my rsx just got broken into a couple hours ago! I lve in san diego and this is what happened i too have astock alarm and for some reason it didn't go off. usually if i insert my key in the key hole and unlock my car and open the door the facotry alarm doesn't go off. ! okay here is my theroy they have an acura key and they shaved it down so they could put it through the car key hole and jiggle and wiggle it till it unlocks! and since its an acura key it will have a chip set in it to deactivate the factory alarm! well that is what im thinking! oh yah by the way my subs got stolen and its so weird cause i thought rsx were cars that were hard to break into cause when i bought the car thats what the dealer said.! well reply back if you can i would like to hear your input if you can please email me at formula_one_prototype@yahoo.com thanks chris
  • cgirard4057cgirard4057 Member Posts: 1
    the o2 sensor will definently make the car run/idle wierd... since it controls the basic emissions of the engine. it can make a car run lean... rich.... and even stall it out. anytime you get a check engine light i recommend bringing the car to auto zone seeing that they can run an obd2 diagnostics test.. you would be surprized the little stuff that can create big problems..
    I bought my RSX (base) new five years ago. It has been meticulously serviced, and it has 103K miles on the clock. At 100k, I took it to the dealership to get the valves adjusted. It had a valve tap, so they threw some parts at it and sent me on my way. Running fine. Within the next 3,000 miles, the tapping returned. It was sounding pretty sloppy when idling between two parked cars. I decided to take it back to see what the problem was. Later in the day, the service rep told me that there was rapid wear on the exhaust camshaft. He told me that he could rub his finger along the camshaft and push away metal filings. The intake camshaft is in excellent shape, however. Listening to the service rep, it sounds like this thing was headed for self-destruction. I kinda figured that both camshafts were ground in the same shop, from the same metal....(ya think?) :confuse:

The service guys were dumbfounded.

It was determined that I need a new exhaust camshaft, exhaust rockers, timing chain, chain guides and whatever other seals and gaskets that are necessary to do this repair correctly.

The parts are on order, and the dealership is waiting for some information as to the cause (maybe a TSB that never got a lot of use) from the Acura tech line.

This engine has been trouble free and REALLY good on gas (32-35mpg highway) for 100,000 miles. It ran like a champ.

Has anyone heard of anything like this before? Where's a metalurgist when you need one?? :(

BTW:
    The service rep told me that the only other time they saw something like this was when a racer discovered this problem on his engine. The racer was (obviously) used to building up and tearing down, but he decided to let the Acura folks look into this one. I don't know how long ago this happened
  • acurazachacurazach Member Posts: 3
    Call the official acura dealer and give them your vin number and they can help with almost enything having to do with the stero.When i bought mine used i had to call them and they gave me the code i had to send them a copy of licence and proof on registration but it didnt take long.
  • acurazachacurazach Member Posts: 3
    I just bought an 2002 used rsx type s with a turbo on it. It runs great and it has no problems what so ever exept the engine light comes on when you start it up somtimes. It doesent always come on. but somtimes it does and it stays on until u turn it off and start it up again. The next time it wont come on at all even for the whole ride.Just wondering what this could mean thanx!
  • bondsmanbondsman Member Posts: 2
    Looking for info on the RSX heater/ac blower circuit. My blower only works intermittently. The motor tests good. The last garage I took it to said that control module under the dash was bad. He said the part cost 800 bucks. This doesn't sound right to me. Has anyone had any experience with this sort of problem or does anyone know where I can download an online wiring diagram for this vehicle. The vehicle is an 02 RSX.
  • krysrxkrysrx Member Posts: 1
    My 2006 RSX still had a couple days of warranty left when the driver side low beam headlight went out. I followed the User Manual instructions, I am a good mechanic, and I have sensed something wrong when the power plug to the headlight felt “soft”, could be slightly rotated, and was giving in with the pull. I have held the lamp through the rubber seal with the right index and pulled off the plug with the left hand. When I removed the rubber boot, the lamp was loose inside. The wire clip was loose, the metal hook was shaved off, and I saw a lot of metal dust on the bottom of the lamp. Acura has stonewalled this issue, and refused warranty service. The original dealer claimed that the car had an “impact”. The Acura case manager suggested another dealer, who said there was no impact, but that hook must have been broken off by the user, so there is no warranty. The cast metal design is really crappy, and I don’t think it can withstand the spring pressure, hence the metal filings. The Ford stamped sheet metal part would last forever. I wonder if any class action lawsuit lawyers are the reading car owner reports. On the plus side, my wife no longer presses me for a new RL, she is done with Acura.
  • jg88jg88 Member Posts: 59
    About 5k miles ago, put bridgestone pole position potenzas on our '02 rsx/s. They ride like bricks. Performance in wet/dry is very good, so is road noise, but ride is so bad it's unpleasant to say the least. Replaced Yokohama AVS and wish I would have stuck with them but belived the Potenza reviews on a very famous tire website. Have lowered the air pressure by over 2 psi for wheel without any improvement. Live and learn.
    I have 110K on my '04 RSX. I'm on my second set of Yokohama AVID V4S tires. These are pretty good in the wet, REALLY GOOD in the dry, but at best so-so in the snow. Road noise is reasonable until the tread wears below 5/32nds. How I define reasonable: I'm rolling along a stretch of blacktop at 45 MPH with my windows closed, and the tire noise doesn't drown-out my front seat passenger.
  • puffin1puffin1 Member Posts: 276
    What's wrong with Michelins? My Type S came with them.I never had your prolems.
    I went to a BMW and wife has IS Lexus. I think Acura goofed dropping the RSX line. I liked the car,except for cheap leather.
    Well, sorry about your tires. :shades:
  • asa66asa66 Member Posts: 1
    Today I tried to change my 2002 RSX's spark plugs (100,000 miles). After wrestling the cover off, I found...WTF? The plugs are buried in the engine and attached to the ignition system with electronic hardware. I tried to pull the lead off a plug with no success.

How you change the plugs using a standard socket set??
    It sounds like you're almost there! You've already discovered that this engine doesn't use the typical ignition wires that you are used to seeing. You need a 10mm wrench (or socket) to detach each ignition coil from the cylinder head. Work one cylinder at a time.

Step 1: Make sure the engine is COLD!!! Remove the bolt.
    Step 2: Unclip/unplug the wire to that ignition coil.
    Step 3: Slowly-Carefully.....twist and pull the ignition coil up off of the spark plug.
    Step 4: The plug is burried deep. You'll need a 10" to 12" extension on your ratchet
    Step 5: SLOWLY remove the spark plug. If those are the original plugs AND they have NEVER been removed, there is no guarantee that the plug will come out. If it is too difficult, don't force it and risk breakage. If the plug comes out with no problem, coat the threads of the new plug with ANTI-SIEZE COMPOUND. I'm making a big stink over this step because when you leave a steel plug in and aluminum head for 100K miles (8-year-old assembly), your chances of removing that plug w/o stripping the threads or snapping the plug altogether are slim. If you can't move it, take it to a mechanic that knows how to handle something like this.

I have a 2004 RSX with 110K. I bought it new, read the owners manual, and decided to remove the plugs every 30K, coating the threads with anti-sieze compound, and simply putting them back in. At 90K, I actually replaced the plugs without incident.

One more tip: When inserting the plugs, I use TWO spark plug sockets: one socket partially holding the plug to guide and start it in the threads, and the other spark plug socket WITH THE GROMMET REMOVED to finish and torque the plug.

Works EVERY time! :shades:
  • jg88jg88 Member Posts: 59
    Went form the Yokahama AVID tires to the Bridgestones and really regret doing that. Went with the Yokahamas on our g-35 when replacing those tires after the acura decision and glad I did it. (The silver lining to the bridestone decision.)

Puffin1, the michelins seemed a bit pricey though am sure they would have been worth it vs the bridgestones.

Live and learn. Just wanted to impart this experience with other rsx/s drivers to avoid my mistake.
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Hey vibsr, I'm just curious - what happened with the repair to your exhaust-side camshaft? Did there end up being a TSB that applied? Or did you end up having to pay for the repairs yourself? That must have been a very expensive repair with the complete head tear-down, whether it was covered by Acura or paid for you by you?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

There wasn't a TSB at the time. The dealership was dumbfounded, and the car was outside of the warranty. However, given the relationship I had with the dealership service department and the care that I gave the car, Acura paid 50% of the bill. They replaced the timing chain, chain guides, rocker arms, etc. and warranted the repairs for 12 months/12,000 miles. More than a year has passed, and the only service needed was fluid changes. It has 125K on the odo, and everything is quiet. :)
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Oh, well that was pretty decent of them, and I'm glad that everything is quiet. :-)

But I'm very surprised that a Honda/Acura engine would have that kind of problem at barely 100K miles.

I hope you have many more "quiet" years with it! :-)

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

• viper85viper85 Member Posts: 1
    im having problem with my car...when i start it theres lyk rattling sound by the engine or sumthing...when i drive it the rattling sound dissappears then i stop the car the rattling sound comes back again...wat could be the problem there any 1 hav suggestion?
  • jes4jes4 Member Posts: 1
    I had the same problem with the driver's side window in '08. Now the passenger side window has come loose. My '04 RSX has 85,000 miles on it as well. The first window, Acura helped with the cost, but they have refused on this one. I've also had issues with the power door locks...replaced the actuators in both doors. Now the door locks still don't work properly...interior light will not come on when the door is opened, and the alarm sometimes goes off with me in the car! Acura needs to acknowledge these electrical problems and offer assistance if they want return buyers. At this point I would not buy another Acura because of these electrical/mechanical issues. The car runs great and is maintenance free engine/drive train wise, but these "little things" are driving me crazy!
  • krempelkrempel Member Posts: 1
    I bought an Acura certified used 2006 RSX three years ago, with 32K miles on it.

It now has 60K miles on it. I love this car, but I so regret buying it.

This car has been in the shop for rattles, loose guards and petty problems about 6 times so far. I've had trouble with my dealership, and won't go back there. They gave my car back twice and it still rattled. I had to drive around the block with the manager in the car to prove I wasn't crazy.

My car burns about 3.5 quarts of oil in a month. I'm using mobile 1 fully synthetic. I am constantly adding new oil and fighting low oil conditions. Though I might take the car to 6K on freeway ramps, I've never beat on it so hard that I deserve all these problems (the car red lines at 8K.... vtec doesn't kick in till 5800 anyway)

Due to the constant low oil conditions, I have a worn / stretched timing chain and throws a CEL code every other day.

60K miles and needs thousands of dollars in engine work. Guess what? Its 2 months after the warranty expired. Burning 3.5 quarts a month might need a total rebuild and new piston rings. It almost certainly needs a new timing chain - which costs $1500 or more at the dealership.

Meanwhile, the suspension is knocking, I had to replace the brakes already within 2 years of owning a certified vehicle, and parts of the exhaust that were rusted and rattling.

I am in such despair. So many people told me, you can't go wrong with an Acura. So many people told me how well they retain their value, and how reliable they are.

Not mine. I'm probably gonna refi the car for $3-4K more, to pay for all the repairs it needs at 60K miles.

So awesome.