Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Subaru Crew: New Year's Resolutions

Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
edited March 2014 in Subaru
What resolutions are you planning for 2002? Buy that WRX? Wash the Subie every week? Wax the wheels on a regular basis? ;-)

Even if you don't personally make resolutions, perhaps you would like to suggest a few for Subaru?

KarenS
Host
Owner's Clubs

Comments

• hammersleyhammersley Member Posts: 684
    So I better make 'em good ones:
    (in no particular order)

- Upgrade the speakers, maybe even the whole sound system.

- Beg/borrow/steal a digicam & post a long-promised picture or two!

- Get enough crud *out* of the garage to make enough room *in* the garage for both my wife's van AND the Subaru! (right now there's only room for one, and you can guess which!)

And I reserve the right to add to this list later, but right now WSU is playing the Sun Bowl. GO COUGS!

Cheers!
    Paul
  • rshollandrsholland Member Posts: 19,788
    I would like to see Subaru make is—6-speeds for everyone!

Bob
  • mrk610mrk610 Member Posts: 378
    Call in to work sick more often so I can spend more time with my outback .

mike k
  • lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    To think things through and research a bit more before shooting from the hip and posting here.

To be a little less reactionary and a little more even keeled when dealing with automotive problems.

To strike a proper balance between treating my cars as some sort of obsession at one extreme and treating them as disposable at the other. Take good care of them to maximize their useful lifetimes, but recognize that the materials used to make them fatigue from wear and tear over time.

To focus less on modifying my Forester (excepting wheels/tires, since I'll have to replace tires this year) and more on learning to become a better driver to get the most out of the car.

I think that's enough for now - let's see if I can stick to them.

Ed
  • ateixeiraateixeira Member Posts: 72,587
    For me:

* continue to wax at least twice per year
    * that includes wheels, door jambs, and new for 2002 - under the hood
    * add tweeters on the doors
    * put a felt lining in all storage nooks and crannies

For Subaru:

* offer the best JDM models in the US
    * give us more ratios, 6MT and 5EAT
    * bring on the low range
    * impress us with the Baja and new Forester
    * more engine options in the lower price ranges

-juice
  • mdisaacsmdisaacs Member Posts: 28
    ...to my wife. If she falls in love with it, I can "give" it to her and then get something 'not quite so useful" Maybe something small to drive to work, good on gas and oh yah, fun to drive.
    So the stable would look like:
    Family car: Outback
    Dads car: WRX

Ahhhh there's something to strive for.
    -Mike
  • nygregnygreg Member Posts: 1,936
    I think I accomplished some of your resolutions - you can check them off now. I vowed to clean my garage and throw out some junk - done over the holidays. For pictures, I set up an account at imagestation and uploaded some pictures. Now if I can only figure out how to get the link to work here I'll be (hmmm, we'll be) all set.

Other resolutions: Work out more consistently, new job?, convince the wife that we don't need the minivan anymore and buy something more practical ;).

Greg
  • subearusubearu Member Posts: 3,613
    if you've got an album up on imagestation, go to that album and look for the "Link to this Album" link in one of the menu tabs of the album. It should looks something like this (you can also have it include a image button to show the link):

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4292788623

As for pics in the album, just display a picture and use the http link for that picture. If it has .orig.jpg in it, just remove that portion so the image is smaller in size (and easier to download for those on 56k).

-Brian

PhotoPoint - argh, anyone have an update? Did they go under or what?

I have something like 700 photos there, no way I'm uploading those again.

-juice
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    I can host em for yah and my site is likely not to go down! :)

-mike
    Yeah, but 700 photos will take me all day! I'm going to see what happens to Photopoint. If they're dead I may send you just the highlights.

-juice
  • paisanpaisan Member Posts: 21,181
    Send me a CD with em on it.

-mike
    May do that, let's see. Kind of feel lazy about doing it for a 3rd time (remember homepage.com also went under, along with my web pages).

-juice
  • lark6lark6 Member Posts: 2,565
    If you want to zip 'em and send 'em to me I can burn a CD for you.

Ed
  • lucien2lucien2 Member Posts: 2,984
    Build a better GT on a budget, to tide me over until 2005- when that B4 better show up. Or STi. heh.

Try to tone down my tendency to rush to judgement.

Keep growing my marriage

Play my guitar more. Sing once a day.

Keep work from coming home with me.

Autocross my brains out.

Track School at least once this season.

France in June.

um......win Lotto.

FOR SUBARU:
    What is with this silly SPT? GIve us STi. It's only plastered all over GT2 and GT3 every 2 minutes; I think the next generation of car buyers will recognize it!

Performance Legacy, VVT, 6MT

a less cautious, more passionate SoA (present company excepted, Patti). more ads like WRX, less Paul Hogan. I looove the lighting in the rainy wrx ads. P.S. you don't need text about $ to sell the car in THAT ad.
    I know a few BMW folk migrating to Soob. Sell more cars that people with a passion for performance can get into, and that number will grow.

U.S. ProRally shirts for all regular Subaru Crew members!! :))

Rock on.
    Thanks, but I have a CD burner about one foot away from my keyboard. Can't live without it, actually. :-)

I feel lazy about uploading them all again, or even sorting through to pick the good ones.

I my resolution was to sing more, I think people would be throwing fruit at me!

Anyone else see that Nissan is going to launch Nismo (Nissan Motorsports) to compete with TRD (Toyota Racing Development)? SPT has to offer more (lots more) stuff.

-juice
  • hammersleyhammersley Member Posts: 684
    Parallel universes really do exist!

I cleaned out the garage, but Grace is back in the driveway, since I filled it up again with furniture, clearing the way to pull carpet & install new floor downstairs. Temporary, I've promised her, but gotta peel popcorn ceiling, paint & lay the new floor first. Has to be done by Easter, because mom-in-law sleeps down there! And all the stuff will fit back in (new shelves, bins etc), so she WILL have her garage back.. she says so! And th keep it on topic, I'll be picking up the floor panels, paint, etc, in the OB

Pictures: first things first, gotta get the camera! CD burner is part of the new computer later this year - to go on the new desk, part of the remodel.

Working out: I've been going 2-3x/week to our new YMCA - fabulous facility, close to home, I'm down 15 pounds from this time last year, and what's left looks a lot better!

My wife already is convinced we don't need the minivan - we need a Suburban!

New job? No way! One of the best jobs on the planet, right where I'm at.
This discussion has been closed.