Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Saturn ION

1616263646567»

Comments

• nyghtcloudnyghtcloud Member Posts: 2
    One day I left my keys in the car and battery died. After giving it the usual time to tried again to crank but I had no luck. I replaced the battery which immediately powered the car up because you could here the lock system kick in. But when I tried to start the car it would not turn. Now the car has a brand new battery and it still won't start. Is there anyone who knows of a quick fix that can help me get the car to the dealer. I live too far to have it driven all the way to the dealer so is there switch, fuse or wire that can be repaired long enough to DRIVE IT to the dealer and let them go from there? If anyone has had this issue or you are a mechanic, please tell how to fix this. I am am not an expert but I can fix the basics (brakes, oil change, electrical).
  • jeremy_switzerjeremy_switzer Member Posts: 2
    It sounds like a pass lock issue. My buddy used to be a Saturn mechanic and he said that the pass lock and lower control arm bushings are the 2 main things that go bad on the Ions. He said you just have to replace some module in the steering column. Hope that helps.
  • nyghtcloudnyghtcloud Member Posts: 2
    Jeremy thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I would need to know the specific parts he replaced to help me figure out what is keeping the car from starting in the first place. Once I get past that problem then everything else is gravy. But again thanks. I will talk with AUTOZONE/ADVANCE AUTO stores and see if they have heard of this module change, but if you happen to know how I can ask you friend directly it might help. Thanks again and have a great day.
  • daxter_1daxter_1 Member Posts: 1
    i have started tuning my 2004 saturn ion lvl2 and am trying to figure out how to remove the rev limiter and the govenor, or how else i can tune up the car and what will fit on my car fir performance upgrades....
    any help is appriciated!
  • ghesterghester Member Posts: 1
    I looking at buying a spectre intake and filter for my ion. I dont know much about aftermarket intakes and i need something thats around 100 dollars. i know how turn a wrench just dont have any other saturn to compare the intake to. I can get the parts i need at my local auto parts store, i just need help getting the right parts. If someone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
  • orbit9090orbit9090 Member Posts: 116
    edited August 2010
    Saturn Ion ignition key stuck?

A possible solution is to replace the Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) SOLENOID. The Saturn dealership pronounced it "bitsy cell-a-noid" - It is the circuit that tells the keylock mechanism that the car is parked and allows the key to rotate to Off.

I was experiencing intermittent problem whereby ignition key would not remove from ignition switch after automatic transmission is placed in Park.

Replace the Brake-Transmission-Shift-Interlock (BTSI) SOLENOID circuit.

New BTSI solenoid fixed my 2007 Saturn Ion when the key would not rotate out of the ignition lock cylinder after car was placed in Park.
  • wdd3wdd3 Member Posts: 1
    I am trying to remove the ignition switch on a 2003 Saturn Ion 3. The switch seems to be stuck. What am I missing?
  • saturnion2006saturnion2006 Member Posts: 2
    When I leave my lights on and turn off the car the alarm no longer dings telling me the lights are on. Also, the radio remains on after I turn the car off. Any ideas?
    Thanks!
  • vmccusavmccusa Member Posts: 3
    that is because your lights are on AUTO so they come on when it's dark and go off when it's light outside. The radio stays on for 10 minutes after the key has been taken out of the ignition or when you open any door whichever comes first.
  • hazeleyes57hazeleyes57 Member Posts: 2
    I read that it is the BCM OR BASIC CONTROL MODULE