Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pontiac Solstice

1202122232426»

Comments

• garnermikegarnermike Member Posts: 72
    edited July 2011
    IN REPLY TO "disappointed07"

I have owned over 30 new cars since I was 22--I am now 62. Have own many brands, mostly GM. Yes, I have owned a few crappy GMs, but also some crappy Fords, Chryslers, Dodges, Jeeps, AND some recent crappy Nissans (Sentra '08), Toyotas (Camry '01) and Hondas (Civic '06). My experience with Pontiacs has been very good (Firebird '96, Firehawk '02 and Solstice '09).

I would be an idiot to base my future buying on a single bad experience with a particular brand/model.

BTW, best new car I've ever owned? 2007 Kia Rondo---40K miles and nary a single repair/warranty issue since taking delivery. 21-28 mpg, hauls all my large musical gear, smooth quiet drive. Too bad they don't make it anymore for the US.
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    disappointed07,
    I apologize for your frustrations. Can you please send me your VIN, current mileage and involved dealer? I would like to look into this further.
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    Christina,

in reading his message..I believe he has already sold the car...at least according to the title of the msg
  • gmcustsvcgmcustsvc Member Posts: 4,252
    pao,
    I thought it may be possible someone else sold their Solstice and he was discussing his concerns with his Solstice (oops). Either way, I’m out here to help anyone experiencing concerns. Enjoy your day!
    Christina
    GM Customer Service
  • codybrown07codybrown07 Member Posts: 1
    I'm just curious if anyone else has had an issue with their solstice making a rubbing sound when lightly pressing the accelerator in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gear? I bought my solstice used and its an 07 gxp so I think since it only has 80k on it it's still covered under warranty right?
  • paopao Member Posts: 1,867
    you should have a 5 yr 100K warranty on the drivetrain.....
  • timlangetimlange Member Posts: 2
    Wow! 80K on an '07?! I just turned 50K on my '07 GXP and thought I drive it a lot. No rubbing noise for me though. Is it a high frequency or low frequency noise? Have you checked on the kappaperformance and solsticeforum forums?

I fixed two squeaks on mine. On rough roads the driver's door squeaks due to a loose striker pin. I used a center punch around the pin to keep it from jiggling. Top down squeak, I now cover my top with a black terrycloth towel, keeps the two hatch pads from making a mark and makes a snug fit between the top and the hatch. Email me at timlange3 at gmail dot com if you want more information.
  • pubmanpubman Member Posts: 1
    Christina,
    I am having a water leak problem with my 2006 Solstice. The drivers side seatbelt is completely wet after a rain shower. Everything else (including trunk) is dry. Seatbelt was not caught in door... and top was not off! I've seen a couple of posts with this same issue, and "pillars", and "tulip panels" are mentioned but mean nothing to me. Any ideas, or at least pictures of the above mentioned? Thx.
  • gmcustsvcsarahgmcustsvcsarah Member Posts: 1,964
    Pubman,

I’m sorry to hear that you have a leaking concern with your Solstice. We can look into any open recall information on your vehicle, or assist with working with a dealership towards resolving this concern. Please email us your name/username, contact information, and the last 8 digits of your VIN.

Best,
    Sarah
    GM Customer Service
  • mikeyt6911mikeyt6911 Member Posts: 1
    So was looking to buy a turbo kit for my 07 manual solstice was wanting some advie on which one or what to look for. im in the military and will be upgrading as soon as i get home. Nt wanting a drag car but wanting more get up and go...any advice?