Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Ford Freestyle - Taurus X

Comments

• francishsufrancishsu Member Posts: 13
    I'm not sure why our Taurus X mileage is low, although most of our driving is on suburban roads with speed limits around 35. But we've put over a thousand miles on it so far and average around 17. I was hoping it would be closer to 20. And ours is FWD. It sounds like you have a Freestyle, rather than Taurus X?
  • makenasdadmakenasdad Member Posts: 11
    I don't think you should expect a lot higher mileage from your FWD Taurus X. I've got 3000 miles on mine and am averaging about 16.5 mpg. I should confess that I also live in suburbia (Atlanta) and spend an unreasonable amount of time in gridlock which certainly kills the mpg.
  • jigmasterjigmaster Member Posts: 32
    I have a Taurus X,FWD, bought it in August,have just over 3000 miles on it so far. While Calgary where I drive is not as bad as far as traffic concerned it is still mainly city driving even if I have 10-15 km on my way to work on highway ( which can be pretty badly plugged some days)
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    " averaging about 16.5 mpg"

After nearly 60,000 miles on my '05 Freestyle, I'm averaging about 22mpg, with about 20mpg around town, mid 20s at fast highway speeds and close to 30mpg if I keep the speed at or just under 65mph.
  • barnstormer64barnstormer64 Member Posts: 1,106
    People (mostly women) bought the Pacifica based on it's looks. It was the only thing the car had going for it.

One of the only cars uglier than the Pacifica is the Azera.
  • cmunizcmuniz Member Posts: 604
    I traded our 05 Freestyle for an 08 Taurus X. I looked at the CX9, Edge and MKX but after all was said and done we decided to stay with the comfort, practicality and value offered by the Taurus X over the others. The improvements made in 08 are well worth it. Although I always liked the CVT, the performance of the 3.5/6 speed auto is significantly better than the Freestyle. This time around we got the rear sensor, electronic lift gate and moon roof which we didn't have in the Freestyle. Although the interiors look similar, they have darken the dash to prevent the glare we had in the 05 and they have upgraded the look of the dash with metal trim around some of the dials in the Limited. The wood appeareance package also adds a little class to the look. We'll see if Sirius radio will be worth extending the six month subscription. All in all we are very happy with our choice.
  • flufflebugflufflebug Member Posts: 7
    I get the same mileage with my 08 Taurus X FWD as I did with my 05 Freestyle AWD. 16mpg around town, 22-23mpg on the highway. Mileage on the Taurus X is a disappointment but overall I'm very pleased with the improvements.
    Have never driven a Pacifica. Some days I like the way it looks, other days I don't. I've been driving a PT Cruiser while my Taurus X is getting some cosmetic work done. Definitely don't like the way it looks, but a very nice little car otherwise.
  • jimcat11jimcat11 Member Posts: 20
    Any one know if they make a turtle top for the freestyle 2005? I would like to put that on top.. I would think it would be cheaper then adding a hitch then renting a trailer.

THanks

Jc
  • mschmalmschmal Member Posts: 1,757
    You can tow up to 2,000 pounds with a Freestyle. Not to bad.

Mark.
  • jwgasnerjwgasner Member Posts: 12
    Both are AWD with the TX being a Limited and the FX being a SEL. From everyone's talk on performance of the FX, I'd have thought there was going to be a significant difference - in looking at reports - I'll guess I'll keep the extra mileage the FX provides. I still think folks just are not used to hearing the RPMs of a CVT powered auto.

TX 2008 - AWD Limited
    TRANSMISSION: 6-speed automatic
    DIMENSIONS:
    Curb weight: 4216 lb
    C/D TEST RESULTS:
    Zero to 60 mph: 7.7 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 22.0 sec
    Street start, 5–60 mph: 7.9 sec
    Standing ¼-mile: 16.0 sec @ 88 mph
    Top speed (governor limited): 111 mph
    FUEL ECONOMY:
    C/D observed: 16 mpg

FX 2005 - AWD SEL
    TRANSMISSION: continuously variable automatic with torque converter
    DIMENSIONS
    Curb weight: 4190 lb
    C/D TEST RESULTS
    Zero to 60 mph: 8.2 sec
    Zero to 100 mph: 24.1 sec
    Street start, 5-60 mph: 8.7 sec
    Standing 1/4-mile: 16.4 sec @ 86 mph
    Top speed (governor limited): 111 mph
    FUEL ECONOMY
    C/D-observed: 17 mpg
  • tpmstl56tpmstl56 Member Posts: 1
    2006 SEL, leather, reverse sensing system, 16,700 miles, purchased new in May 2006.

My wife thinks our Freestyle is “sporty”. While I wouldn’t go that far, it is a very competent vehicle. It handles very well in normal driving conditions around the city and on the Interstate, as well as on the twisty and hilly state highways and side roads we travel on our 50 to 100 mile jaunts to wine country, carrying 6 adults (and their stuff) in safety and comfort. Even adult passengers relegated to the third row are surprised at not being cramped, and that their comfort was not an afterthought.

Some automotive journalists feel that the Freestyle is underpowered; we disagree with their reviews. After driving the Freestyle for a year and a half, we find it to have ample power and acceleration under all circumstances. The engine is noisier than we would like under hard acceleration, and it does stay higher in the RPM range than we’re used to as it maintains speed to climb hills with a full passenger load. This is an engine that lets you know when it’s working hard! As far as gas mileage, the Freestyle gets good mileage for the type of car(?) it is. We average 17.5 around town, 28-29 on the highway at legal speeds (60-70 MPH) and 25-26 MPG beyond the legal limit.

Build quality is good. The Freestyle feels solid, and there have been no squeaks, rattles, or other disconcerting noises to date. The front and rear seats are comfortable (can’t vouch for the third row, as I haven’t spent any significant time back there). The drivers seat is power adjustable in all aspects, and finding the “just right” driving position is easy for all of us; me (long arms and legs), my wife (long arms and short legs), and our son (even longer arms and legs). There are a few things that we do have issues with, such as the tether on the gas cap, which gets in the way when unscrewing or screwing the gas cap on/off; and the in-dash multi CD player that makes cheap sounding noises as it loads, unloads, and switches discs.

Reliability has been very good, so far. Our Freestyle has been in just for routine maintenance. At the time we bought, Ford was offering two years of free scheduled maintenance, so we have continued to bring our Freestyle back to the dealer we bought it from. This dealership has been proactive whenever we bring it in for scheduled maintenance, and replaced the rear brake pads (the current Achilles Heel of the Freestyle) at no charge to us, even though we had not experienced or commented on any brake issues. The new rear pads generate much less brake dust then the original pads. And then there’s the continuously variable transmission (CVT). Will that prove to be the future Achilles Heel of the Freebie? I hope not, at least I hope if it does fail, it does it during the extended warranty period.

Overall, our Freestyle is a safe, comfortable, and handsome vehicle, capable of hauling a bunch of kids and grown-ups (and their stuff, did I mention that?) whether traveling across town or across country. In a nutshell…..a Very Competent Vehicle.
    I agree with everything you said, except to add that the 08 Taurus X , in my opinion, is an even better vehicle than the Freestyle. Both are very capable vehicles and are way under-rated by the auto experts.
  • humblecoderhumblecoder Member Posts: 125
    According to the Ford website, I see that Sync is now a standard feature on the Limited and Eddie Bauer trim lines (http://www.fordvehicles.com/crossovers/taurusx/features/). However, I see from searching dealer inventory, that Sync is only listed on some of the stickers. I am guessing (although somebody "in the know" can confirm this) that since Sync was "released" in the middle of the model year that there are still pre-Sync 2008's on dealer's lots.

If this is in fact that case, I am wondering how dealers are going to handle this situation. If something is being advertised as being "standard" on a vehicle, and yet it is missing from some vehicles, I know that I might not be too happy once I discovered that fact. The optimist in me hopes that salespeople are going to disclose this fact, but the cynic in my suggests that this could be an area which might lead to a "poor customer experience". Let's hope that Ford dealers take the high road on this one and be up front about this issue.
  • larryqwlarryqw Member Posts: 52
    Sync became available in Job 2, starting around the end of September.

The price of the TX Limited when the Sync was automatically included went up by $400, coincidentally the price of Sync. So as a practical matter, you now have that option as mandatory. But you can choose not to have Sync and save money just by getting one of the older models.

Anyone who really wants Sync will notice it's missing on the car (it's listed on the Invoice) and chose the newer models as needed. I suspect it won't be too hard to handle at the dealers.
    I am just about at 36,000 and 3 years on the '05 Freestyle.. I can purchase additional warranty for about 1,500 to take it out 4 more years and I believe another 40,000 miles taking it to 76,000 total.. with a 100.00 per occurance deductible. Full coverage.. is this something I should consider. basically I would be more concerned regarding the CVT transmission.. What do the freestyle folks say that have close to 70,000 miles on theirs now?

Thanks

Jim
    larryqw:

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice that the MSRP went up, but that makes sense. At least you are getting what you pay for, or not getting what you didn't pay for, as the case may be!

I finally had a chance to check our the TX at the local dealership. They had a fully loaded one sitting in front of the showroom for demos. I didn't have time for a test drive, so my impressions are limited to just sitting in the car.

Things I liked:

1. Plenty of room in all seats. I am 6'2" and I was able to sit in the third row without much trouble. Same with the second row.

2. The "command seating" was very nice. Basically, the second and third rows sit up a couple of inches higher than the previous row, giving a stadium seating effect. I am surprised that more vehicles don't do it, because it is a great idea.

3. There seemed to be a lot of cargo space for a station wagon/CUV. Even will all of the rows in use, there was a good amount of space behind the third row. Most other CUV's have the third row seats practically against the liftgate, so there is barely any room back there, so the TX was nice in this regard. Plus with the seats folded down, you get a good amount of space for hauling stuff.

4. The fold flat seats are very easy to operate.

5. I mentioned to the salesperson that I am eligible for X-Plan pricing. The salesperson said that they accept X-Plan customers, but that they would be able to do "even better than X-Plan". I wonder if this is because TX sales are weak, as I had suspected. :)

Things I didn't like:

1. When flipped down, the DVD player greatly restricted rear visibility, but I am sure this is true of most vehicles with roof mounted players.

2. Rear visibility in general seemed fair, but it was hard to really judge not actually being on the road.

3. The second row seats tumble forward to allow third row access, but with a carseat installed, they would be impossible to operate. I couldn't judge if you could fit between the second row captain chairs, since there was a big center console in the second row.

4. The roofline seemed very low to the point of being claustrophobic.

5. While cargo room was decent, it still doesn't compare to the room you get in a minivan.

My overall impressions were positive based upon my walkaround. I even liked the styling of it. One thing that I dont' like about the current CUV styling is how they try to hide the fact that they are really just minivans with their high clearance and aggressive stances, while sacrificing true family utility. The TX is an unapologetic family vehicle with its station wagon appearance, and there is something to be admired for that type of courage.

I am not sure if I will end up buying a TX though. I am still thinking that a minivan might be a better choice as a family vehicle.
  • carstenbcarstenb Member Posts: 37
    i was in the same situation half a year ago and purchased the extended powertrain warranty, mainly because of the CVT. 1500 sounds alot though. do a google on extended ford warranty and i am sure you'll find a cheaper one. i bought mine at www.fordwarrantys.com for around $1000 and later found one that had the same coverage for 150 less.

Carsten
    I thiink your analysis is good and accurate. The choice between a minivan & TX is personal since they offer similar features. Getting into the TX 3rd seat w/child seat in second row should not be a problem if you only have one child seat. The other seat will allow easy access to the back. Also ,they have a 40/60 second row bench seat available in the SEL - not sure if you can get it on the Limited. I find rear visibility to be OK while driving and like the rear sensors availble for backing up. I drove a Ford Windstar in the 90s and really liked it, but I like the TX just as well and just moved up from a Freestyle to the 08 TX.
    Which one of the many options did you select?
  • passat_2002passat_2002 Member Posts: 468
    "I am not sure if I will end up buying a TX though. I am still thinking that a minivan might be a better choice as a family vehicle."

Since you are shopping with your family in mind, remember that with it's Volvo P-2 chassis, no Minivan will protect your family the way the Taurus X will. Even the original Freestyle with no side airbags received a five-star side impact rating. The X is also a good deal more maneuverable and sure footed than a minivan, making it less likely to be in an accident to begin with.
  • carstenbcarstenb Member Posts: 37
    i wanted the basic PowerTrainCare 6 years 75000miles 200 deductible but my wife wanted the BaseCare 6 years 75000miles 0 deductible. final price was $1010 after a rebate. when you shop on that page and give them your email address they may send you a promo code.
    if you know that you will be driving the car longer or more miles you may want to get the maximum time/mileage coverage.

we are now beyond 36000miles and it "feels" good to have the additional coverage. so far no problems (knock on wood) but you never know...

Carsten
    cmuniz:

We've got two kids in car seats. One option is to keep both kids in the second row when the third row is not in use, and move one kid to the third row when transporting a third adult. As the kids get older and graduate into booster seats, this won't as much of an issue, though.

You can get the bench seat on the Limited, by the way.

Thanks for the input on the rear visibility. Like I said, I didn't get to test drive so I couldn't really judge.
    passat2002:

That is a good point about the TX's safety pedigree. Volvo is pretty much the gold standard when it comes to safety, so that is one thing that I appreciate about the TX. On the other hand, there are some minivans which also have good crash ratings and good driving dynamics, so it's not like I'd be driving a deathtrap if I opt for a minivan! :)
    No disrespect intended humble.. but please don't use the words Minivan and good driving dynamics in the same sentence.
  • jpzenger1jpzenger1 Member Posts: 8
    I am planning on replacing my Windstar with a Taurus X. I'm commited to buying real North American cars (not just cars with a US name).

I thought I would consider a Chrysler Town and Country as an alternative. But then I read several reviews that said the Town and Country is pretty weak from an engineering point of view. Chrysler put all their effort into the entertainment system and seats. The base engine of the Chrysler minivans is also weak. However, those vans are apparently selling well.

Consumer Reports has been hammering Chrysler about the engineering of their vehicles for the last year. Many Chrysler vehicles showed up on Forbes' worst vehicle list. Also, Ford has been increasing in quality much faster than Chrysler, according to Consumer Reports.
    Good choice!!
    I had the chance to finally use the TX for extended highway driving over the Thanksgiving holiday and guess what? It wound up getting about 24mpg over several tankfulls of gas! Pretty similar to what others in this forum are claiming. I'm betting my 16.5 mpg average has more to do with the ^#&## traffic here in ATL than anything else.
  • stevedebistevedebi Member Posts: 4,098
    " It wound up getting about 24mpg over several tankfulls of gas!"

What was your average speed?

My 2006 SEL gets 26.5 @ 80 MPH, about 28 at 70 MPH, and somewhere around 30 at 65 MPH. All are steady state, no hills. Hills will reduce MPG somewhat.

We went from the Valley to Disneyland yesterday, average speed less than 65 MPH, which yielded 32 MPG. But that is unusual.
    I would guess the average speed was near 70-75mph. The trip was through the Appalachians in GA, TN and KY--definitely not flat for 75% of the trip there and back.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    The Odyssey I drive regularly has dynamics very similar to my Accord. Sure, it's heavier, and feels it, but it does have nicely weighted and communicative steering for a vehicle its size. Beats the pants off of its minivan competitors, and I'd wager it'd give many crossovers a run for their money in the dynamics department.
  • dcwestbydcwestby Member Posts: 29
    In the two years I had my Freestyle, I had very few problems with it, LOVEd the cvt [tho I never usually floored it], and generally enjoyed it.

However, one of the persistent annoyances of it was the way the gas seemed to nearly evaporate from the top 4 gallons of the tank. Like within 40-60ish miles sometimes...

Other then that, only downsides were [it was an SE], no changer/mp3 player, no fuel estimation trip computer, no awd or sunroof. Oh, And also the mileage. For me, it seemed like it was 20-25mpg tops highway.

The only time I think I touched that "forced power" button with the accelerator was to pass a semi on a hill on a two lane road... I think I hit 6000rpm that time. It was a good car, stable, but a bit heavy. There were times I nearly rearended someone due to the cars weight.

I wanted gas mileage, especially with gas prices the way they are now. With the FS, the way it seemed to go thru gas was a bit unacceptable. So I traded in for a Subaru Forester.

While it was a pleasure driving a unique car seemingly, the low popularity of the FS was not very conducive to keeping of value. I dont need something that has 3 rows of seating. At most I really only need 2 rows.

In some ways, if I could turn time back, I would've stayed with my freestyle a bit longer, It was great car and I really liked it.
    I had a Forester when we lived in the NC mountains and it was a great vehicle. Very reliable and adequate power for a 4 cyl, but it is not as comfortable as the FS.
    I'm personall going for front wheel drive vs. all wheel drive. The all wheel drive not only adds cost, but it also reduces mileage, increases weight, and increases complexity. According to Consumer Reports findings from tens of thousands of persons surveyed, AWD Fords have more reported problems than Front Wheel Drives.

Its a good time to buy - rebates are up to $2K, interest rates are reasonable and net prices from dealers are down.
  • saabturboidsaabturboid Member Posts: 178
    I don't mean to rain on your parade but Subaru Foresters with their AWD and boxer engines are not the most efficient small vehicles out there. I doubt you'll see much difference between your FWD Freestyle and Forester when it comes to real world fuel economy.

Regarding the gas gauge behavior, mine does that too and it is annoying but you just have to tell yourself it is a gauge issue and your car isn't really burning MORE gas during the first 50 miles. I have had the opposite problem on other cars where for the first half of the gauge it would hardly move making you think you are getting great mileage, but then when it hits half way it drops like a rock. Either way it is just odd gauge behavior and not actual variance in fuel consumption.

- Chad
    "Other then that, only downsides were [it was an SE], no changer/mp3 player, no fuel estimation trip computer, no awd or sunroof. "

I would never buy the SE; the SEL has so many more features, including a trip computer. I only wish now that I had bought the Limited, just for the movable pedals (my wife is short and I am tall).
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Actually, I bought the SE because the extra cost wasn't worth it to me just for the trip computer and leather steering wheel.
  • freealfasfreealfas Member Posts: 652
    "There were times I nearly rearended someone due to the cars weight"

It's not like the driver had anything to do with those "nearly rear ended someone" moments. It had to be the fault of Ford's engineers and designer's without a doubt...

Please... last I knew cars aren't out driving themselves. Maybe if you were keeping a safe distance you might have avoided the "nearly rear ended moments" you blame on the vehicle.
    "Actually, I bought the SE because the extra cost wasn't worth it to me just for the trip computer and leather steering wheel."

Well, mine was also well equipped, and the dealer didn't tend to offer a lot of options on the SE. Mine has no DVD player or Sunroof, but it has the curtain airbags, reverse sensing system, rear aux, and 7 passenger seating. Plus I think the CD player is better in the SEL? Also, I'm not sure if the SE has the automatic headlights or the fog lights?
    We finally got to test drive the TX this morning. We made an appointment at a low-volume "town" dealership (as opposed to the highway dealership), and when we arrived we were handed the keys and told to have fun! I really appreciated being able to test drive the vehicle in a relaxed fashion like this.

This was the EB edition, which I had never seen before, and it was very nice. While the interior doesn't compare to, say, a Lexus, it was very nice for a $30,000 vehicle. The wood-colored trim, the retro speedometer, and the two tone leather gave it some style. The seats were comfy, especially since they were uber adjustable. My only complaint about the interior was that the center stack was very busy with all sorts of controls and buttons and the like.

One thing we liked was the fact that with the captains chairs and no center console, there was plenty of room to access the third row. This is important since we have two kids in car seats and a mother-in-law living with us.

While driving, the engine shifted in a very smooth and refined manner. Even though this is a bigger vehicle than I am used to driving, it felt very secure without a lot of body lean and slippage. Accelerating onto the highway was adequate, although compared to my current small sedan, it was sluggish. However, that is not a fair comparison. There wasn't a lot of road noise in the cabin. Visibility was amazing from the driver seat. I have driven other SUV's and minivans where you had to cross your fingers when changing lanes, but the TX had great sitelines when you looked in all directions. My only complaint about the suspension was a little lacking when going over bumps.

Other impressions:

- The heated seats are great. My wife was having some back pain this week, and she said that she found the heated seats to be very nice!

- The trip computer is pretty cool. I never had a vehicle that had one, so I had fun playing around with it on the test drive.

- The alloy metallic color (the color of our test vehicle) is a lot nicer in person than in the brochure. It looks the same as black in the pictures, but it is a stately dark gray in person.

- Low volume dealerships are the way to go! This one treated us with a lot more respect than the highway dealer.

In summary, my wife and I liked it so much that we ended up factory ordering one!
    I'm just curious h-coder.. what disqualified the one you test drove and liked so much?
    The reason we factory ordered is because we didn't like the way that the vehicle was optioned. There were about $2900 worth of options on the vehicle that we didn't want (DVD, moonroof, chrome wheels, Sirius). The salesman did a search for vehicles that met our specs, but he came up empty.

The only risk of a factory order is that you don't know what rebates will be in effect when the vehicle arrives. My gut feeling is that they will be the same or higher, given the way the economy is shaping up, plus the fact that the TX seems to be a slow seller. However, even if the rebate goes away, we'd still be ahead of the game by about $1400. Right now the rebate is $1500 in our region.
    Two of the Ford dealers that I worked with volunteered to trade with another dealer to get the vehicle I wanted. All of the Xs near my home had way too many options for my taste. They each found one and gave me a price about $500 over invoice (before rebates) to go get it. They said they can have it in 2 days.

One salesman explained to me that dealers prefer not to trade because they do not get the 3% holdback from Ford. Instead, the dealer that traded the car gets to keep the holdback. They actually buy the car at invoice price from the other dealer and then have to pay someone to drive it back. If a dealer sells a vehicle from their lot, they save the cost of getting the vehicle and get the 3% from Ford.
    One salesman explained to me that dealers prefer not to trade because they do not get the 3% holdback from Ford. Instead, the dealer that traded the car gets to keep the holdback. They actually buy the car at invoice price from the other dealer and then have to pay someone to drive it back. If a dealer sells a vehicle from their lot, they save the cost of getting the vehicle and get the 3% from Ford.

If it is a true dealer "trade", that implies that dealer A is sending a comparable vehicle to dealer B. So dealer A won't get the holdback on the vehicle that they are receiving from dealer B, but they WILL get the holdback on the vehicle that they send to dealer B, once it is sold.
    BTW, which TX are you looking to get?
    I'd be curious to know as well. My great aunt is interested in both the TX and the Edge.
  • baggs32baggs32 Member Posts: 3,229
    I'd be curious to know as well. My great aunt is interested in both the TX and the Edge.

Just out of curiosity, why is that grad? Pricing aside, the TX and Edge are two pretty darn different vehicles.

Now for my $.02. I don't know anyone with a FS or TX but my brother-in-law rented one (FS) on vacation in FL and said it was fantastic. He drives a Durango FWIW. Friends of ours have an Edge SEL and love it too. I've been following along in most TX and Edge forums all over the place as we too are interested in them and their opinions of each seem to reflect the vast majority of others opinions so your Aunt seems to be looking at a couple of great choices. ;)
    I owned an 05 FS and now owned an 08 TX. Before I bought the TX, I looked very closely at the Edge and the Mazda CX9. All 3 are very nice vehicles. The CX9 was too expensive with the options I wanted and there were a couple of things I liked better about the TX. As for the Edge, I just felt more comfortable driving the TX - maybe because I had driven the FS for several years and liked it. Also the TX offered more versatility with the third row seating. Bsasically I would choose the Edge if I wanted style and the TX if I wanted versatility.
  • flufflebugflufflebug Member Posts: 7
    I had an 05 FS as well and now have an 08 TX too. We considered the Edge and liked it very much. However, it just seemed liked we got more for the same money with the TX. There's just so much more space behind the 2nd row in the TX as compared to the Edge. The Edge does seem more SUV-like since it sits higher. We looked at the CX9 although never test drove one. It seemed huge compared to the TX and was more $$. We didn't look at other brands because we were wanting to stay within the Ford family since we get the Z plan discount.

Just out of curiosity, why is that grad? Pricing aside, the TX and Edge are two pretty darn different vehicles.

Well, she likes the seating position and style of the edge, and the 3rd row capability of the TX. We were looking at Ford vehicles for my grandmother's Accord replacement (I wanted her to look at the Taurus Sedan since they can be had for less than the base model Accord and are better equipped). My great aunt tagged along (they are sisters) and she liked the TX and Edge.

At the moment, pricing still isn't good enough to get her out of her 2005 Honda Odyssey.
    The current rebate on the TX, which is $1500 in my region, is about to expire on 1/2/2008. Anyone care to guess on what the rebate will be on this vehicle on 1/3?

I am guessing that it will increase. What do I base this on?

1. The activity in this forum and others suggests that there aren't many people interested in, or buying this vehicle.

2. Vehicles like the CX-9, Highlander, Enclave, Acadia, and even the Ford Edge and upcoming Flex seem to be getting all of the "buzz", while the TX doesn't seem to be generating as much interest.

3. Since I have been in the market for this vehicle, I've been checking out dealer inventories online. I've seen the same vehicles listed in their inventory for quite a while now.

4. The local highway dealer has had the same TX parked out front for 2 months now.

Personally, I am glad that nobody is interested in this vehicle, if it means better incentives, and there is something pleasing about buying and driving a vehicle that nobody else is driving (unlike the Pilot/Highlander). However, as an objective observer, it is a shame that such a fine vehicle seems to be languishing in obscurity.