Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Volvo V50

1235»

Comments

• volvobuffvolvobuff Posts: 35
    Volvo's international website has extensive information on the 2008 V50:

http://www.volvocars.com/All-Cars/Volvo-V50/

The cosmetic changes are admittedly minor. A number of new exterior colors will be available, although not all will probably be offered for US market cars. Interior trim options: the plastic "wood effect" trim which was standard on the base 2.4i has been discontinued, the brushed aluminum trim remains, and new trim options in bauxite (dark gray metallic), virtual (i.e. off) white, and Nordic light oak (steamed and bent plywood) will be available. Again it remains to be seen how many of these will be available for US cars.

A total of ten engines will be offered internationally, although I suspect that US cars will have only the current two choices.

Much more interesting are some of the new equipment options. The ones that immediately caught my eye were:

1. active Bi-Xenon headlights as an alternative to the previous static Bi-Xenon headlights.

2. power retractable outside mirrors.

3. Blind Spot Information System such as recently introduced on the new S80.

4. An integrated GSM cellphone solution for the European market that operates from the steering wheel and central control panel. Unfortunately, this will not be offered for US market cars, which will have to live with the current add-on Motorola IHF1000-based system.

5. A variant of the super-premium Dynaudio system as currently available in the C70 will be offered as an alternative to the two previous Premium and High Premium systems.
  • On a 2007 V50, the owners manual says "a long press on the unlock button will open the side windows".
    Which is just like on my BMW, EXCEPT it does not work on the V50.
    Is that a programing thing or what ?

Thank you for any advise.

2007 V50 T5
  • It works as advertised on my 2007 V50 T5. You might want to press the unlock button once briefly, to unlock the doors, and then a second much longer time to open the windows. There is a bit of a delay before the windows open, but it does work. My only regret is that it doesn't open the moonroof as well, which would cool off the car a lot faster in this sweltering summer weather.
  • volvomaxvolvomax Posts: 5,274
    The car has to be programmed to do that.
    The US cars will retain the 2 engines that have been available.
    The T5 gets a hp boost to 227.
    The "plywood" and aluminum are the 3 interior options w/ the Select and Premium pkgs.
    Base cars get the grey plastic.
  • Thanks, I will try it again...
    And I agree, the sunroof should open also.
  • How does one program this to work? I can't get it to work either.
    It needs to be programmmed by the dealer.
    And I agree, the sunroof should open also.

It doesn't work the sunroof.
  • Awesome, I will call them today. In Florida, this is a very useful feature. Thanks! :)
  • gosoxv50gosoxv50 Posts: 1
    :) I never knew of this site until today. I know its been a few years since your post, but I thought it was neat to find someone else who got the T5 AWD, with 6 speed manual & leather. That's my car too ! . This was my first Volvo purchase, really enjoying the car. Am interested to know how you like the car. Just had my 30K service.
  • Hello Ladies/Gents....
    I'm reasearching the above vehicle.
    My wife likes the Nissan Murano Se, I like the volvo V50 2005.
    We are comparing the 2 for both known/common problems and regular maintenance costs. We are located in Canada.
    We are both not the self fixing type when it comes to vehicles. At the same time we don't want to get into a vehicle with huge maintenance/repair costs.
    A few mechanic friends have seen a few Murano's in their shop after 100,000km for tranny trouble CVT.
    I was told that the Volvo, was a pretty solid vehicle and if cared for can last a long time.
    We don't want to get into a situation where we are paying $1000.00 everytime we open the hood.
    I was told by the Volvo sales rep that its around $60 for an oil change(synthetic) and needs to be changed every 12000km.
    She wasn't able to tell me if this vehicle had Xenon Headlights and or what the costs would be to change somewhat simple things like headlight bulbs etc.
    Can anyone care to comment on the costs of regular maintenance to expect on the V50 2005, and also the costs of such things as headlights/rear lights etc?
    Thanks greatly
  • rainyday1rainyday1 Posts: 1
    Hi, I am thinking of buying a V50 2.4i through the Overseas Delivery Program. They have come out with the 2011 pricing, but V50 is only offered as a turbo. What are the drawbacks of turbo versus conventional engine? I am worried about reliability of Volvo and the cost of repairs. any advice?
  • Too bad Volvo no longer offers awd turbo manual V50! I'd like one in a "fast" diesel.
  • brwndoggybrwndoggy Posts: 39
    I've been searching on Autotrader and sites throughout Texas to find a 2011 or 2010 and have only found one new one so far making me think this car is not in production yet or has been canceled. Will be calling volvo tomorrow to see what's up.

Anyone out there know anything about production availability?

Thanks.
  • qbrozenqbrozen Posts: 17,468
    Yes, they built 2011s. I don't know how many, but they now ceased per a dealer's post on swedespeed.

'13 Stang GT; '15 Fit; '98 Volvo S70; '14 Town&Country

1235»
This discussion has been closed.