Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• armydavearmydave Member Posts: 29
    You are exactly correct. They are not listing fees and other charges. They may not be getting the great price they think they are. Some knowledge can be helpful but you have to know all aspects to get a good deal. I see that all the time on this forum.
  • looking13looking13 Member Posts: 3
    Problem is, I am in the bigger city in my state. I would have to go to another state, and I guess that could be a possibility.
  • sam1461sam1461 Member Posts: 16
    for my 07 corolla LE my figures were
    $15.3K +$143(registration)+$57.00(documentation)+$1050.00(sales tax)

I got the fax signed by the manager so there should not be any hassles hopefully at the dealer. I am keeping myself in good terms with the dealer telling him that I am also interested in a highlander for my friends(which incidentally is true). So he seems happy.

I wud say do not squeeze the blood out of the dealer soo hard that he decides to take it out somewhere else, maintain good terms and dont burn the bridge there is always a good chance that we might need his help in the future.
  • dkarschdkarsch Member Posts: 72
    ArmyDave,

Why would you make any type of offer to the dealer? I faxed 15 dealers my specs and told them I wanted their best offer. 8 responded and the offer I took only had taxes and tags as I needed a new plate. No add on fees, no games being played.

There was one dealer who called me and asked if they could sell the vehicle at invoice, would I buy it. I told him that I wasn't going to give him a number. He then asked what I wanted to buy the vehicle for. I told him he just didn't get it and if he wanted a shot at my business, he was going to give me his best offer. needless to say, I didn't hear from him again but the other 7 dealers did give me quotes.

The 7 dealers that responded did give me both the price of the car and an itemized OTD price.
    I hate to say it but at $600.00 over invoice you probably overpaid. That is why the dealer accepted your offer so readily. I know you don't want to hear that but walking into a dealership and making an offer on a vehicle is the old way of buying a car.

The hold back for Toyota is 2% but did you also know that there is a 1% Wholesale finance reserve that the dealer gets from the Toyota when the car sells. That's a built in profit of 3% total.

The way to buy a car today is to fax/email the sales managers (you have to bypass the floor salesmen in order to get the best deal)and have them give you their best quote on a particular car. The site FightingChance.com offers a packet that explains the whole process. It is well worth the money and anyone buying a car should invest the $35 for the packet.
    Sam,

You are getting a good deal on this vehicle if those are your numbers. regardless of the fact that some people think you can't buy under invoice, you can and you and I are proof of that.
    If you go to the Toyota site and choose locate a dealer, plug in your zip code how many dealers show up? Are there at least 10 dealers that show up within a 60-70 mile radius?

If there are then you have enough to do the fax/email attack. Let me know the results of your dealer search.
  • looking13looking13 Member Posts: 3
    When I put in my zip code, I only get the two in my city. I know there is one in a city 60 miles away and when I put in that zip code, that is all that shows up.

There is a city that borders another state about a 6 hour drive - could possibly fly there - but ticket might be pricey on short notice - that has 3 between the two states, in that area.

There is a small city about a 4 or so hour drive to the north - that I would have to drive to - that also borders another state and there are two in that area (between the two states).

I am more of an in-town, stop and go driver than a freeway driver - the highway speed limit here was raised to 75 and it makes me nervous with everyone on my tail - hence my old Toyota going to pot on only 83,000 miles. (17 years)
    That sucks that there aren't more dealers in your area. No wonder the dealers seem so smug. You will always get a better price when you can have a number of dealers compete against each other for your business. I live out side of Philadelphia and within a 50 mile radius, there were 32 dealers.

I have heard of people flying to pick up a car as the price was a lot less than they could get locally. They only needed a one way ticket but that does seem to be extreme. Maybe some other posters have some ideas that could help.

As a last resort, it couldn't hurt to get quotes from the dealers in the other cities you mentioned. You might get luck and get a price that justifies going that far to pick up the car.
  • 1stcarbuyer1stcarbuyer Member Posts: 4
    Ive read in most of these posts something called a toyota holdback.What exactly is that and how should u factor that in to the price u would pay for the car
  • mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    Like others said, go to another dealer. As far as ordering one, I special ordered and I got it for 2.5% over invoice - no where near MSRP! The only thing required was a downpayment of $500, because I was getting an LE 5 speed stick that the dealer said nobody would want if I backed out, so that is why they wanted the downpayment.
  • 1stcarbuyer1stcarbuyer Member Posts: 4
    I looked up the dealerships near me in dc and found one in springfield va.they have an internet special for A 2007 corolla LE with all weather guard package and the audio package for 15057. Is this a good price or should i negotiate for a lower price? The price is below MSRP (17155) and invoice (15857)
    wow, i think its great if there are no hidden charges. I got mine for 15.3K 1 week back i had the same options with the carpet floor mats.
    go ahead and get it, goodluck!
  • etse123etse123 Member Posts: 2
    I want to get a Toyota Corolla 2007, what is a reasonable price for a basic CE model with power, anti-lock braking system? I have been checking online and dealers. The CarsDirect.com invoice price of the above package (including destination charge) is about $15,128 +Tax. The lowest quote I got so far from dealers is 15,850+Tax. I do not seem to be able to get dealers to further lower the price than $15,850. I begin to doubt if I am missing something. Does the dealer's price look right to you? How can I further lower the price? By the way, any good dealers to recommend in New Jersey?
    I donno abt New Jersey but one guy in chicago quoted me 14500+tax for a red corolla 07 CE with power options and no ABS, That was the best quote i got for a CE anyways, i could not buy it the same day so the car was sold out in one day and i decided to go with an LE.

I got my LE for 15.3K excluding the $400 student insurance, so I think they are charging you way too much for a CE. It might help if u get a couple of quotes in email and call the dealers to beat the lowest quotes, repeat this process a few times till u start smiling.

best!
    Sam
  • etse123etse123 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you, Sam.
  • toyotachecktoyotacheck Member Posts: 1
    Please help me to get the best price of Toyota Corolla LE 2007 Automatic with Option Combination C $1,315
    - 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) w/Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) & Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System [5] (AB) - 50 State Emissions (FE)
    - All-Weather Guard Package includes: Windshield Molding, Anti-Chipping Tape, Heavy-Duty Heater & Rear Heater Duct (CK) - Audio Value Package includes: AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/Six Speakers & Cruise Control (VV)
    - Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags & Front & Rear Side Curtain Airbags [1] (BE)

I am staying in Concord, New Hampshire and it is going to be my first car. Please recommend some dealers if you know them personally. One dealer quote me $16600. Please suggest me what would be the best price for it. Thanks
  • philphilphilphil Member Posts: 15
    Hi,

I bought a red 2007 LE on Aug. 29th with the exact same package. I paid $16,850 before all the other bull. I live in New York City so maybe you can get it for a little less. Plus the 2007 just came out about that time. It should be cheaper now. Good luck.

Phil
  • freeyellow2000freeyellow2000 Member Posts: 6
    Hi Everyone,

I got a tough question, I am assuming this one would need to be "special order" but I give it a shot here

Basically what I want is the following:

Please help me to get the best price of Toyota Corolla LE 2007 Automatic with the followings:

4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) w/Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) & Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System [5] (AB)

Moon Roof/Side Air Bags Pkg(MR) (which includes BE)
    Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags & Front & Rear Side Curtain
    Airbags [1] (BE)
    50 State Emissions (FE)
    Audio Value Package (VV)

The closes options for me would be option C but I don’t want CK (All-Weather Guard Package includes: Windshield Molding, Anti-Chipping Tape, Heavy-Duty Heater & Rear Heater Duct (CK)

Option Combination C (Bay Area zip 95054) The following is Option C in my area.

- 4-Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) w/Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) & Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System [5] (AB) - 50 State Emissions (FE)
    - All-Weather Guard Package includes: Windshield Molding, Anti-Chipping Tape, Heavy-Duty Heater & Rear Heater Duct (CK) - Audio Value Package includes: AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/Six Speakers & Cruise Control (VV)
    - Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags & Front & Rear Side Curtain Airbags [1] (BE)

I also looked up Option in (LA zip code 91711). And it has the these options:

Option Combo D $855.00
    Driver & Front Passenger Front Seat-Mounted Side Airbags & Front & Rear Side Curtain
    Airbags [1] (BE)
    50 State Emissions (FE)
    Audio Value Package (VV)

(If I choose his option, I need to add Moonroof package)

Option Combo E $1,990.00
    15-in. aluminum wheels (AW)50 State Emissions (FE)Moonroof Package (MR)Audio Value
    Package (VV)

If I choose this option (I would forced to buy Alloy Wheels, I would need to add Side Air Bags along w/ other small features)

So In the end, I stuck w/ options I really don’t want. Has anyone had success with this options
  • kuberakubera Member Posts: 3
    I was in talk with a dealer in NY for a week. Finalized a price and went over and picked one 2007 Corolla LE silver with Auto/AC/VV package/Sideair bags/ABS/all weather guard for $15800/=

Without the ABS/Side airbags and others above it was $14795/=

Condition was to get financing from Toyota dealer . I was ok with it . But charged $450 for Licence fees. Not sure if I fell into a trap.

Is this considered a good deal?

thanks
    This is what I bought today. My first NEW Car.
    Corolla LE With packages builtin:

(As seen on STICKER)

MSRP 16,215
    FE - emissons = 0
    BE - side and curtain airbags = $655
    CK - All weather guard pkg = $70
    AB - ABS, EBD, Tire pressure = $390
    VV - Audio am/fm 6 cd /cruise = $450
    DK - Preferred owber portfolio= 0
    CT - Carpet Floort/Mats = $171
    Delivery Fees = $620
    Total MSRP = $18751
    Discount = $250
    -----------------------------------------
    FINAL MSRP = $18321/=
    ----------------------------------------

I Paid :
    Price = $15800
    TireFee= $12.50
    Licence= $400 (fees for licence/reg for dmv)
    NY Insp= $10
    TitleFee= $45
    ----------------
    TotalCash=$16267

Since I live in NJ, State taxes was not collected. I was told I will have to pay during registration for DMV.

Did I lick oil with these extra fees ??? I keep thinking its a good deal.

thanks
    hi!
    Did you get ABS and side airbag options with this Price?
    tanks
    nope!!
  • jnguyjnguy Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a good deal for $16,267 with all of those features on a 2007 corolla L Auto at this time (nov 06) sounds like a great deal. Or is yours a 5 speed manual or Automatic. Also does it matter that it's manufactured in Japan vs Fremont? (it cost higher to ship from Japan and typically 3-4 weeks time)
  • enh4lifeenh4life Member Posts: 1
    CAn you please tell me where I can find this dealership!???? PLEASE. I'm in the market for an '07 Toyota Corolla S-type and that is the lowest price I've heard. I would be willing to have the car shipped from MA for that price.
  • jmpelletjmpellet Member Posts: 19
    Hello:

I want to help my mother purchase a Corolla LE for the best price as she doesn't have lots of money. I had read this thread and have seen that Boston has been mentioned several times as being a good place to get a good price. I will pretty much go anywhere in MA or RI and would prefer to deal via the Internet sales as that has worked well for me in the past with Honda:) Thanks for any advice!
  • ningning Member Posts: 2
    I am shopping LE manual with ABS and Side airbags. One dealer (Koons Tysons in Virginia)give me $15495 for LE automatic fitting your description. The quotes are so different here in Baltimore_DC area. I am now going to Fitzmall to pick up my manual with same options for $14785 ($400 college fund available) before tax, tags and $100 dealer processing fee. Hope this can help your negotiation.
  • patels2patels2 Member Posts: 1
    Bought '07 Corolla LE Automatic with FE, CK, CF, VV package. $17,195 MSRP/$15,589 Invoice including destination. Paid $15,300. This price applicable after $500 Toyota Rebate. Dealership in northern NJ.
  • tl567tl567 Member Posts: 2
    Got a quote for 07 Corrola CE auto w/ UP CL Z1 CK for $15400 out the door after $900 rebates. Is that a good price? Tax is 5% in MD. Finance through Toyota is 6.65% for three years. Think that's high but has no idea what a good APR is.
  • junew0126junew0126 Member Posts: 4
    I got a deal from local Toyota dealer.
    Corolla LE (silver and gold are in stock) same as yours but also has cruise control for $16,600 OTR (On the road). It's including 5% MD tax, tag, title and all.
    Hopefully it will help you to get a better deal.
  • jmpelletjmpellet Member Posts: 19
    Corolla LE with BE AB VV CF CK in Cactus Mica for just about 16k including the doc fee of $95. That's about $500 under invoice.
  • tl567tl567 Member Posts: 2
    junew0126, which MD dealer did you get the deal from? And when? Thanks.
  • mojeomojeo Member Posts: 2
    2005 Auto, is it a good price? Tax (7%) and title are additional.What do you think? I was looking for used car, used car prices are so high and I am now thinking whether to go for new car.

Dealer : South East Florida.

:confuse:
  • batheadbathead Member Posts: 6
    There is an ad in the local Chicago paper showing a Toyota Corolla LE with VV, CF, and CK for $14,983 at Elgin Toyota. Since I want airbags and Anti-Lock breaks (MSRP $1045/$898 invoice), could I negotiate adding approx $1000 to the advertised price?
    In N. California,

I got 07 Corolla LE $16.2 ($15.7 after $500) w/ VV,AW,BE,AB,CF . I did take some work to get that price. Does NOT include taxes and licensing fee.

price above includes destination fee of $620

It is option D (Bay Area zip 95054)

MSRP/Invoice/TMV (@ the time is)
    18560/16740/17655 (17155 includes $500 rebate in effect from Dec 13-Jan 2-07)

FYI. Just in case you need help w/ Toyota codes

- 4Wheel Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) w/Electronic Brake-Force Distribution (EBD) & Direct Tire Pressure Monitor System [5] (AB)
    - 50 State Emissions (FE)
    - Audio Value Package includes: AM/FM 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer w/Six Speakers & Cruise Control (VV)
    - 15-in. aluminum wheels (AW)
  • nippononlynippononly Member Posts: 12,555
    Do tell: which dealer?

2014 Mini Cooper (stick shift of course), 2016 Camry hybrid, 2009 Outback Sport 5-spd (keeping the stick alive)

SF Toyota
    I ended paying about $16.1K for the Corolla LE with AB and BE. Didn't get quite what I wanted on trade in but that is a lot more subjective (what condition is the car in - Clean vs AVG etc).

Art
  • daniel22daniel22 Member Posts: 1
    just got corolla LE auto with ck,vv,ab.be.cf, msrp 18,370/paid 16750 OTD. MD 5% tax. Hopefully this can help someone.
  • sienna06sienna06 Member Posts: 10
    Last saturday got one at 16000 OTD (Out The Door : All the charges/taxes included.) Houston, Texas.

2007 Corolla S
    VP package #1 (Extra Value Package #1
    Includes cruise control, steering wheel mounted cruise controls, power windows with driver's side 1-touch down, remote keyless entry, color keyed rear spoiler and 15" x 6" alloy wheels.)

What bargainer should pay - 15750 OTD for the above.

Must consider "Alternate options" to buy the following vehicle.

Honda Accord VP 2007 (Value package)
    Price one can get 17000-17500 max OTD (Including all taxes/charges). One can buy at 18K at one stop shop easily.
    This is much bigger, more safety, ABS brakes etc.

Good Luck.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    Sounds like you got a good deal on the Corolla as dealers here are not offering deals quite that good unless you are talking about a 5 speed.
  • sienna06sienna06 Member Posts: 10
    Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Yes, It is an Automatic. I never drove 5-speed in my life. Once I tried though. Correction it is 16250 OTD not 16000.

Additional Options: Carpet mats and Vehicle Shield package along with rental.
  • alamocityalamocity Member Posts: 680
    That is a good deal then. Here in San Antonio I was quoted $15,974.00 plus TT&L. Which dealership did you purchase from?
  • frank06frank06 Member Posts: 7
    I do not know about Chicago area, but here in Kansas City, Kansas area the best out the door price for that configuration quoted this week was $16,145. Also on cars avaiable here, all have the CF carpet floor mats added at port of entry, that is 90 MSRP and 56 INVOICE added prices. On all the cars I saw configured that way they also showed $16,215 instead of the $16,315 that Edmunds shows as the beginning before option invoice price and a $250 factory package discount that is not shown in Edmunds information. On the $100 difference of the starting prices, must have been a increase after these cars were built and ordered, and maybe the $250 discount is no longer being offered on current built cars, that is the only thing I can think of for the differences between sticker and Edmunds current information.
  • frank06frank06 Member Posts: 7
    Correction, I meant beginning MSRP price on my previous post
    There was a $500 rebate on Corollas which I believe expired on 1/2/07. The $14,983 price included the $500 rebate.
  • postaldavepostaldave Member Posts: 3
    At least here in Kansas City, there is still a $500 Customer rebate till 1/31/07.

I'd just like to find a 07 Corolla (manual) with side-curtain airbags. Heck, you can't even build one on the mfg site with that option (a lot of options truth be told). What kind of difference does a Manual transmission make in the ability to mount a side air bag? Makes you wonder if Toyota doesn't want people to drive manuals.
  • auyeung001auyeung001 Member Posts: 9
    Would like to know what everyone think about this deal-
    07 Corolla LE Auto. option-ABS/ Side airbag. I get a quote for 15,7K; Out the Door 17,3K. Fair in Chicago?
    Have a nice day everyone
  • jnguyjnguy Member Posts: 3
    Sounds like a good deal.
  • doug52doug52 Member Posts: 25
    Sounds like a great deal! I am looking for an LE-manual with ABS/side airbags and VV, but denver dealers seem to be in cahoots! $16,300 here v. $15,000 on fitz, and they do not seem to care.

If there are any fitz auto mall buyers out there, would appraciate any input on your experience. Thanks. Doug
This discussion has been closed.