Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• sandman46sandman46 Member Posts: 1,798
    Glad you're happy with your purchase. Some people will pay more...some people will pay less. You got exactly what you wanted in the Corolla S, nice car, so that's allthat matters.
    One question though. With a new model due out within months, why didn't you wait to see it? I realize the choices of available cars of the current generation would've been much less as time wore on, but it would've been interesting to see how these cars stacked up against each other. Just a thought.
    Good luck with the car. Indigo ink is my favorite Corolla color also...good choice!

The Sandman :)
  • anntheresiaanntheresia Member Posts: 1
    Hey everyone,

I need some help to get a good deal on a 2007 Corolla. I might buy the car within the next week.

I want a 07 Corolla CE with auto transmission, front and side driver/passenger airbags, cruise control and Anti lock brakes. On carsdirect.com, the target price for this configuration is $15,234 and MSRP $17,075.

I have a 2000 Oldsmobile Alero with 80,000 miles. It has some cosmetic issues (paint chipping, warped dashboard, crack in windshield), but it has had no major mechanical problems. I want to trade this car in to get the Corolla. According to Kelly blue book, the trade in value for the Alero is $2,985 (fair condition), the private party value is $4,235 (fair condition) and the suggested retail value is $6,545 for excellent condition only.

Do you think it is possible for me to get a 2007 Corolla CE for an out the door price of $10,000 with my trade in (including the $1,000 rebate which expires 04/30)? If not, what is a good price? What amount should I aim for if I add in an extended warranty? (I am not a person that works on cars).

I have no experience with haggling over car prices, so please give me some tips. I’m in TX, so please send any recommendations on great car dealers in the Austin and Houston areas.

Thanks,
    anntheresia
  • leeray75leeray75 Member Posts: 3
    Request quotes from local dealerships via email or phone. But it is highly unlikely that you will get it down to $10,000. Also FYI, the rebate and the trade-in will get applied after tax of the final negotiated price of the car.

The problem with wanting specific options is that Corollas that are equipped with those options will also include other unwanted options and thus increase the cost of the car. For example, when I bought my Corolla S, all I requested for was that it includes ABS brakes. So, the sales rep would look up any Corolla S in stock and in the region with ABS brakes and found that every vehicle that comes with ABS brakes would also include other options that were factory installed and that I couldn't purchase one with only ABS brakes. So, I ended up purchasing the least expensive Corolla with ABS brakes that included additional options.
  • ians05ians05 Member Posts: 2
    I bought 2007 CE with AT/PowerLock/Door/Tinted for about $15000 drive out last month from a dealer in Katy,TX. That includes the 1000 rebate from the manufacture that ends last month. It does not have cruise control which I don't think I need it.
  • maksakmaksak Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a new 07 Corolla CE. $16,600 OTD. It includes AT/Power Doors/Locks, Cruise Control, Mudguard, Floor Mat. Had to give up 1,250 rebate for 0% financing. Here is the breakdown.

Price 15,631
    Tax 485
    Tag 85
    Doc fee 399

Is it a good deal?
  • eircoffeircoff Member Posts: 1
    Just bought new corolla LE and traded in my old 98 camry. The final price I paid is $11000 plus tax and title($696).

New Corolla has auto trans, ABS, Side and curtain airbag, 6 CD changer, all weather guard, cruise control

Not sure if it is a good price
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,146
    A reporter would like to talk with a consumer who owns a four-cylinder Honda Civic, Honda Accord, Toyota Corolla, Toyota Camry, Nissan Altima or Nissan Sentra but had also shopped for a Prius or another hybrid before deciding on their current purchase. Please respond to ctalati@edmunds.com no later than May 3, 2007 with your daytime contact information and what car you own.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• merelymeremerelymere Member Posts: 4
    Purchased in Birmingham, AL last weekend:
    2007 Corolla Sport with cruise, 6 CD Changer, spoiler, 15" wheels and keyless entry for $16200 out the door. :) Emailed/called 8 dealerships in the Birmingham area and Nashville, TN.
  • dtfandtfan Member Posts: 1
    Purchased an '07 Corolla LE (with an MSRP of $16,495) for $14,900 out the door including the price of my trade-in ('98 Taurus, edmunds gave me a trade-in of under $500).
    Most impressive is the 45MPG I got back from the dealership which is the same location and distance from my work... A far cry from the 26MPG I had with the Taurus.
    I'm one happy Toyota Customer.
  • okami1okami1 Member Posts: 9
    Hey Guys, Been seeing Corollas go for the mid to high 16k's so this is the "final" price there were going to give me at a Toyota dealership in GA

Corolla LE Auto
    Side Airbags
    ABS
    Audio Value Package (cd changer / cruise control)
    Toyo Guard PLus
    Lifetime Drive Train Warrenty

Is this actually a good deal or is it Fubar?
  • okami1okami1 Member Posts: 9
    BTW this is the OTD price
  • balarishabalarisha Member Posts: 7
    Guys, here is the best price for the Corolla I am getting in Detroit.

Corolla LE - Auto + AV Package + Mats + All weather

MSRP : 17,295
    Invoice (per dealer and carsdirect.com) : ~ 16,100
    My price : 15,250
    Tax : 6 %
    Doc fee : 180
    Cash discount (toyota): 1000
    OTD : 15,350

Based on this I am getting about 850 below invoice and then the 1000 toyota cash discount.

Do I go for it? I think the max I can do it about $100-$150 less, but I will have to do too much haggling and lowest price is from the dealer which is 1 mile from me.

What do you guys suggest??
  • blownalcoholblownalcohol Member Posts: 19
    These prices are OTD, and sales tax is 6.75%. Let me know how these prices measure up to other areas.
    S model
    Base 16,150, value package 900, mats 159, am/fm 6disc 200
    MSRP 18,099.53 with OTD price of 16,789.08

LE model
    Base 16,315, audio value 200, mats 159
    MSRP 17,364.53 with OTD price of 16,000
  • twheldontwheldon Member Posts: 1
    Guys

I need your thoughts on a Corolla purchase.

The best deal that i got for an LE Automatic fully loaded car, is 14400 USD before tax and licensing fees.

What do you suggest? I am in California by the way. Tax and fees together would amount to 10%.
    What is the MSRP of your LE? Does it have ABS, Side Air Bags?

Also does this price include 1000 toyota discount???
  • wrx25rswrx25rs Member Posts: 1
    I got the new Corolla S yesterday!!
    include some optional item
    Base price $16150
    6 Disc player $200
    Extra Value $1680.00
    Floor mats $90.00
    VIP (Vehicle Intrusion Program) $499.00
    Trunk mats $unknow
    OTD $16188 include $1000 rebate!!
    Locate @ Longo Toyota!!
  • friar_nurglefriar_nurgle Member Posts: 2
    Woohoo,
    Completed my car deal last night. Love to hear othere opinion if I got a good deal. Had an issue with the floor mats. The car had floormats with "Corolla" embordered... but not the "S". Dealership stated the ones with the "S" are a special order and would be an extra 97 bucks. Needless to say they are ordering them for me at no additional cost. Good dealership - Dick Milham Toyota in Eastern PA.

Here is what I got:
    2007 Corolla S
    Silver Streak Mica
    (VP) Extra Value Package #1
    (CF) Carpeted Floor Mats (the special ones with the "S".
    (CK) All Weather Guard Package

Out the door price of $15,800 ($14793.44 before tax, title, & transfered tags). Not too bad considering MSRP is $17,030, Invoice $15,436, & TMV $16,297.

:)
  • weickweick Member Posts: 7
    It would be helpful if people posting prices paid would note whether or not their price includes the $1000 rebate.

Thanks in advance
    Does your OTD include the $750 toyota discount or did you take the APR option?
  • friar_nurglefriar_nurgle Member Posts: 2
    Yes the price does include the 750 discount. I am financing through my credit union here at work. 4.5% for 60 months.
    From a Phoenix dealer, via their Internet dept I purchased the following today:

Corolla S
    Side airbags
    All weather guard
    ABS Brakes
    Extra Value Package #1
    Carpet floor mats & trunk
    Door sill enhancements
    Edmunds MSRP $18,405
    Edmunds Invoice $16,547
    Sales price $16,300 - $1,000 Toyota rebate = $15,300
    tax & plates $1239.30 + $269.95
    Doc fee $369
    Tire disposal fee $5
    OTD $17,183.25

Full tank of gas, window tint and door edge and handle well protection (plastic) thrown in at no additional charge
  • riddlermythriddlermyth Member Posts: 40
    Im considering the Corolla CE with automatic everything (power train, windows, locks), and have an OTD for 15,200 (with new grad discount, and 1250 rebate).

The guy Im buying from is *suppose* to be a family a friend so I want to see if this truly IS the bottom price...???
    Please provide the breakdown details. Whats the price before tax and rebates???

Whats the state tax ????
  • riddlermythriddlermyth Member Posts: 40
    Before tax and title, etc is $13,695
    State tax is 6.5%
    Total is $15,600 - $400 college grad = $15,200

Like I mentioned, this guy is a family friend - and "claims" he isn't making a penny off the transaction. True?
  • newatlantanewatlanta Member Posts: 4
    Am looking to purchase a LE with Audo Value Package, Carpet Mats and Trunk Mat, Tint Window, Cruise Control, Power windows and door lock....

However, the dealer force you (as it is part of the inventory - no choice of not taking) to have the "Toyoguard Plus" which is 699$

So far the best OTD is $17,438 includes the rebate..

Is it a okay deal or too high? Any advice for me is greatly appreciate.
    Guys,

Finally purchased my Corolla' 07 LE in detroit, here is the breakdown:

LE - Auto, AV Package, Peffered accessory, All weather guard.

MRSP : 17425
    Dealer Invoice (Shown by dealer + carsdirect) : 16,184
    Car Price : 15122
    Tax : 6%
    Doc fee : 180
    Title: 15
    Plate transfer: 8
    Sub Total : 16250
    Toyota cash discount: -1000
    OTD Price : 15250

At-least per the carsdirect and invoice shown be dealer: I got the car for about 1000 below invoice plus the 1000 toyota cash discount.

Let me know how you guys think of the price???

Hope this helps other people.

Also, dont know why the dealer invoice is different on edmunds and carsdirect. The invoice shown by dealer was same as carsdirect.

Thanks....
    "Toyoguard Plus" is a virtually worthless dealer add-on, just tell them you aren't interested in buying a car with it and if they keep trying to rip you off then find another dealer.

They can't force you to do squat.

Simple enough?
  • jlawrence01jlawrence01 Member Posts: 1,757
    You did pretty well.
  • newatlantanewatlanta Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Weick...

I emailed to 6 more dealers last night to check on the OTD price with the option that I want.... Well, only two replied with price...

So far, the best one OTD $16,474 includes rebate with option of Audio Value Package and Tint Window...
    Not sure it is a good deal.... Just can't believe that dealers in Atlanta take their time and don't care to send out quote to the potential customer....
  • vrgopivrgopi Member Posts: 1
    could you please post which dealership, and which credit union, if you dont mind. I live in the phoenix area too, and looking to buy a corolla
  • sshibly1sshibly1 Member Posts: 1
    hello,
    could you pls share which dealership in detroit did you get this from, I need to get this weekend.
    thanks a bunch,
  • gangatsgangats Member Posts: 4
    Just bought a 07 Corolla 5 speed with power windows for OTD price of $13315 (Includes Doc fee of $600 + TTL $69 + NC Tax of 3%). ODO had just 12 miles on it.I think I paid right price . Any comments?
    What dealership in NC did you buy from?
  • gangatsgangats Member Posts: 4
    Toyota of Lake Norman.
  • areddy555areddy555 Member Posts: 2
    Hi

I got new corolla LE 2-days back for $ 15700 in New Jersey
    (OTD is $17300)
    It includes
    BE Side Airbags
    VS Vehicle Stability Control
    AB Antilock Braking System
    V5 V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System
    Z1 Preferred Accessory Package
    VV Audio Value Package
    CT Carpet Floor Trunk Mat Set
    CK All Weather Guard Package
    GN Cargo Net
    FE 50 State Emissions
    Wheel Locks

Is this good price ? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    CG
  • areddy555areddy555 Member Posts: 2
    Also I got Remote Start.

Hi

I got new corolla LE 2-days back for $ 15700 in New Jersey
    (OTD is $17300)
    It includes
    BE Side Airbags
    VS Vehicle Stability Control
    AB Antilock Braking System
    V5 V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System
    Z1 Preferred Accessory Package
    VV Audio Value Package
    CT Carpet Floor Trunk Mat Set
    CK All Weather Guard Package
    GN Cargo Net
    FE 50 State Emissions
    Wheel Locks

Is this good price ? Please let me know.

Thanks,
    CG
  • mariko1mariko1 Member Posts: 3
    Am looking for corolla for my daughter. That's sounds like a great price. Which dealership did you work with?
    MSRP $18,850 for $16,800 out the door price. I just have the total price, but the tax rate is 3% thats included.
    auto
    extra value package #1 VPAT $900
    power tilt/slide moonroof SRAT $750
    6 disc in dash EVAT $200
    carpet mats PV40 $159

How does this deal compare.
  • lkapitanlkapitan Member Posts: 1
    I've been pricing a Corolla LE with auto transmission in the Dayton/Cincinnati area. The best basic price so far of $17,178 (not OTD) which does not include the $1000 customer cash is just slightly lower than Edmunds' TMV for this area; however, the "invoice" pricing from the dealer includes the dealer holdback and the wholesale financial reserve. The car is equipped with side airbags, anti-lock brakes, audio value package, floor and trunk mats, and mud flaps. I also checked out cars direct.com, and their target price which includes the $1000 customer cash is just $5 off the price above. I have offered $16,500, but been rejected. None of these local dealers have a car with the side airbags, so they have to go get one from somewhere else..somewhere in Indiana. I am so confused!!! Any advice?
    "could you please post which dealership, and which credit union, if you dont mind. I live in the phoenix area too, and looking to buy a corolla"

I purchased my Corolla S at Camelback Toyota, no credit union was involved. Looks like the cash back is down to $750 in Arizona.
    Just bought 07 Corolla S for our daughter and she loves it! The options were difficult to find, we had to wait a couple of days before they could deliver it. After meeting with sales from many different dealerships in NJ, DE, and PA, figured out that toyotas are hot right now and they don't feel they need to come down since "they can sell the cars, they don't stay on the lot long" We had our bottom line refused many times and lost the $1000 incentive, it was reduced to $750. We were able to get a 07 Corolla in dark blue with
    -All Weather Guard package
    -Anti-Lock Brakes,Electronic Brakeforce, Tire Pressure Monitor
    -Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Day/Night Inner Mirror and Driver & Passenger Side &Curtain Airbag
    -Extra Value package #1
    -Preferred Accessory Package (carpet floor mats, cargo mat, cargo net.

Amounts on sticker:
    Sub-total before discount $20,530
    MSRP discount $780
    Total $19750

Amounts after the sit down battle to save.
    Negotiated price $18033
    Dealer discount $750
    Bottom line price $17283

Since then, have found similar car in on-line inventory Silver Springs MD cost was advertised a bit lower. I did not contact them since the NJ dealership called with the car delivered to them last night and I wanted to get it over with already! Oh well, at least the battle is over and the car is now ours.
  • jwc208jwc208 Member Posts: 1
    been reading this site for the last month, made my purchase today.

CE Automatic with Power windows/doors, no other options
    (MSRP 16,296)
    OTD Price of 15,100 which includes 1000 cash back and 6% tax.

This is in the Atlanta area and they also matched my credit union's ok rate of 5.99% with no proof.

I think I made out pretty well
  • sku1sku1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi:
    I am planning to buy a Corolla LE and these are the details from one of the dealers. Pls. let me know if this is a good deal and for how much I can ask the care for.

2007 Toyota Corolla LE Automatic

MSRP $17,305.00

Internet Price $15,290.00 -including monthly incentive

I am a first time car buyer so don't know much about the prices.

Thanks.
    First, your heading is misleading. The price is the lower number.

Second, without knowing the options (AT, Side airbags, ABS), it is hard to give you an answer.
  • vikasyadavvikasyadav Member Posts: 3
    Automatic with ABS, Side airbags, the cold weather package, AM/FM 6 CD changer, and carpeted floormats.

This is internet price from local dealer in OHIO

Is it a good price ?
    Carsdirect had a similar unit in Chicago for $15.5 a month ago when I checked.
    Sounds like a good price to me! Good Luck!
  • gluewareglueware Member Posts: 2
    I bough LE automatic, with ABS + side airbag, 6 disc+ cruise from Dallas.

I got $750 and $400 rebate from finace, however, I will pay it as soon as possible.

The total out of door is $16500

What do you think of the price?
  • sku1sku1 Member Posts: 5
    Hi :
    These are the details

Corolla LE 07 with
    - All weather guard
    - front air bags
    - audio value package - 6 cd chager etc.
    - carpet floor mats - I asked them to include trunk mat set as well.
    - cruise control
    - all other standard features of LE like power doors etc.
    - car is meant to be used in pennsylvania so registration fees, tax etc. are according to that state.

dealer invoice - $15,290
    (including $1000 toyota discount)
    tax 6%
    document fees - 188
    dmv fees(pennsylvania) - 150

total on the road price quoted around $16,556.

Is it a good deal?

thanks
    Not a great deal. I paid $15.1 OTD (w/ tax and title) for the same vehicle in Chicagoland. The dealer I was dealing with was trying to move the units. However, most other dealers were offering them at $15.7 OTD.
This discussion has been closed.