Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    skiguy02920skiguy02920 Member Posts: 11
    would have been MY initial thought also. but one of the two who said ABS no big deal had BOTH on the lot!

skiguy
  • Options
    haocorollahaocorolla Member Posts: 10
    wish I am in California instead of Michigan:)
  • Options
    It really depends where you are. If you are in Northern part of US, get ABS.

For the No 2) choice, it doesn't look bad, although comparing with the prices on Fitzmall.com, you might still be able to reduce another $500. Of course it also depends your location and waiting time.
  • Options
    surejujusurejuju Member Posts: 23
    Oh yea, I left Flint, Michigan (working for GM) 25 years ago to come to Southern California and never looked back. :)
  • Options
    I am in northeast Massachusetts.

there is no waiting time, the car (whichever I decide) is in stock.so, assuming that abs is the way to go

2008 Corolla LE in indigo blue; C T Carpet Floor Mats/Cargo; A B anti-Lock Brakes; B E Side & Curtain Airbags; C K All Weather Guard; V V Audio Value Package

MSRP $18,471, dealer's Invoice $16,930, cost to me $16,185 plus $200 document fee plus tax, title and tags which includes the current $600 back from Toyota.

I don't really WANT the floor mats or or audio value package but it sounds as if that is the 'way they all come' if you want the ABS.

Look for lower price? or seal the deal?

thanks
    skiguy
  • Options
    OK seems no one is here to answer your question, so I kick in again.
    I am in a similar situation to buy a 2008 Corolla LE with ABS, Side airbags, etc. I got a quote (after coming back and forth several times) not it sits at OTD $17232.
    Based on the quote, it is the SAME car like yours, has a MSRP of $18,390, dealer's invoice $16,949. And cost to me would be $16000 + tax in Michigan + $260 doc fee +... sum to $17,232.

I think it is an OK price, can't beat the Fitzmall.com price, but not too far. If you can't wait, go for it. You won't regret it. For me, I send the quote back to ask a OTD price of $17000, we'll see what will happen.
  • Options
    madrasputinmadrasputin Member Posts: 1
    Just purchase a new '08 Corolla LE on Saturday.

Installed options include:
    (FE) 50 State Emissions
    (CK) All weather guard package
    (VV) Audio value package
    (AB) Anti-lock brake system
    (BE) Side bolster & curtain airbags

Purchased the vehicle through Fitzmall. Listed price was $15590 + tax, title, and $99 dealer fee. Total OTD came to $16331.70. I did spend about $60 in gas to travel to Maryland to get the car. This OTD price was around $1000 less than any local NC dealer could give, so it was worth the travel.

For those that are wondering, the process of buying through Fitzmall was painless and hassle-free. You do not have to pay Maryland sales tax if you do not live in Maryland. Fitz will collect the sales tax for your state of residence, collect title and tag fees for your state, and charge you the $99 dealer processing fee. Your tags and title will then be processed by them in your state of residence. You will leave the lot with a 60-day temp Maryland tag.

I took the 5.5 hour drive up there to pick the car up. If you are unable to drive, they will meet you at a local airport and seal the deal there and you will drive off with the car from the airport. I looked at this option also. A short flight from Raleigh to BWI would have cost me about $56 at the end of the month.

After arrival, it took about 30 minutes total including a 10-15 minute test drive. We arrived, inspected, test drove, and signed the paperwork. 30 minutes later we were on the road again. For around $60 gas and a 1-day road trip, I saved close to $1000 from what I could have bought locally.

Very pleased with the car and the car buying experience from Fitzmall. I would recommend them to anyone.
  • Options
    hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    Just got a (as it turns out hard to find) 2008 LE 5 speed with the following:

(FE) 50 State Emissions
    (VV) Audio value package
    (CF) Carpet floor mats (4 piece set)

MSRP 17,590

Total before TTL was 15,000 even. This is net of rebate and there were no bogus dealer fees tacked on. I used Bill M. at Jones Junction. Had I not gotten it there, I would have gone with Fitz.

This was actually a better deal. He got the car on the lot without even a deposit, and did not try to play any games with added fees. Plus it beat the Fitz price.

Oh, and it includes lifetime free oil changes and Maryland State Inspections.

I would highly recommend them. (The Fitz salesman seemed like a nice guy too. He was just a little too late and more money.)
  • Options
    mcdawggmcdawgg Member Posts: 1,722
    That's great. My old '99 LE 5 speed manual was rare back then, yours is even more unusual today. If I had to get a new one, I would do the same as you.
  • Options
    I think I am obliged to report my purchasing for a new '08 Corolla LE, automatic transmission on Saturday.

Installed options include:
    (FE) 50 State Emissions
    (VV) Audio value package

Purchased the vehicle through Dunning Toyota at Ann Arbor, Michigan. MSRP $18,390. Total OTD came to $16700.00. Compare with the price at fitzmall.com, this OTD price was pretty close.

The price of the purchase by madrasputin #1767 at $16331.70 is comparable with my purchase, as the tax rate at NC is 4% while MI is 6%. This would have made a $300 difference.

Thanks for everyone who provides information about the purchasing prices/methods to get good deals....
  • Options
    jaanbazjaanbaz Member Posts: 5
    Well, i have read many postiongs of buying car with Fitz. I wanted to see if someone has buying exprience in GA.

I am planning to by next month, please suggest the price paid.
  • Options
    toyofannewtoyofannew Member Posts: 24
    If you are in Atlanta area, here is what I got so far: 08 LE w/ Audio Value Package ($200) + Mats($169) - $14288 + $599 doc + $41 Title + Tax (7% for me). The car is just unloaded (3-mile on meter) The out-door is just below $16K. This price is for this month. The price may be higher or lower next month based on the rebate from Toyota. But, it should be always true - to get the car at the end of month, for you, at the end of year. I will keep you informed when I try to get the final deal on Friday.
  • Options
    whodey985whodey985 Member Posts: 3
    me and my friends are making a road trip to snowshoe wv and we will have to go through the mountains. i was wondering if anyone can tell me how corollas preform on mountain terrain or give me any help
    thanks.
  • Options
    Forget it. Corolla is for city commute. I just test-drove it a couple of days ago. It even doesn't have enough power to over small hills. The power looks like less than my 95 Camry (122hp), maybe, the smaller size of cyliders. You should get 4WD SUV. Sequoia definitely works fine but, maybe, it's too big for you. If you want sedan, you have few choices - Subaru.
  • Options
    See my reply in Toyota Corolla Maintenance and Repair, post #3010. Believe it or not, it makes it over long, big mountain grades (8%) just fine. I have made 10+ trips to this area of WV.
  • Options
    jaanbazjaanbaz Member Posts: 5
    Can you specify the dealer you are visiting?
  • Options
    hbcorollahbcorolla Member Posts: 6
    How's this for a price:

08 Corolla S, Manual
    Extra Value Package #1
    Out-the-door price (including rebate): 15,323.55

I am not in hurry to buy, I am wondering If I should wait until the end next year, for better deals just before the new model comes up :confuse: but I have no idea when the new model will be available ! :confuse:

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    New model will be released in February.
  • Options
    Thanks for your response mcdawgg, so do you think we are seeing the best prices right now?

How's this for a price?

08 Corolla S, Manual
    Extra Value Package #1
    Out-the-door price (including rebate): 15,323.55

I am not in a hurry to buy, I am wondering If I should wait until the end of next year, for better deals just before the new model comes out but I have no idea when the new model will be available !

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    February 11, 2008 is the date the new Corolla (released as an '09) goes on sale. Obviously, the best prices on the '08 model will be after Feb. 11. However, I would think that their would not be too many '08s available, because production of the '08s has already stopped. The longer you wait after Feb. 11, the less selection you will have, but the lower the price. I would bet that by April you won't see any '08s available anywhere.

If you really want an '08 S with a manual transmission (a manual, good choice!!!) and package #1, then you might not want to wait too long after Feb.

As for price, I am not sure. Just look at invoice price and TMV price here on Edmunds and compare to your quote. I would think 1-2% over invoice would be fair, especially on an in-stock car. I am sure that they would like to get rid of a stick, because no one seems to want them :confuse: .

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
  • Options
    Thanks again for your response mcdawgg.
    I am a little confused because Edmund's invoice is $15,451.
    You mean that 1-2% over invoice would be fair + Tax and fees?
    Or 1-2% over invoice TOTAL OUT THE DOOR. With tax and fees include?
  • Options
    If your price includes tax and fees, it is very good - go for it. The rebate must be putting it below invoice price.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot mcdawgg,

Yes my price is tax, fees, and rebate include.
  • Options
    it is way too difficult to make comarisons when you add in tax (which is different depending on the state that you will be registering it) or title which is also different in different states.

much easier to figure how much the dealer is selling you the thing for, figure in rebates if any, and then consider any 'dealer costs' such as documtnation. (which where I am is unregulated and can go from nothing to over $300 depending on dealer).

using that 'simple' approach, i just bought the 2008 le automatic with ABS, side airbags, the sound package w/six disc changer and cruise control, 5 piece mats, and the cold weather package for 15550 car price aftere taking off the 600 rebate plus 280 documentation fee for total 15830 before the costs that are not negotiable are figured in, that is tax and registry fees. it will come with plates all taken care of and involve a drive of about 9 miles to pick it up. total time spent at dealers prior to pick up was 80 minutes.

skiguy
  • Options
    First at all, I want to thank all you guys for your help.
    This is the breakdown:
    I just bought the corolla S Manual 2008.
    Extra Value Package # 1.
    4 piece carpeting.
    Alarm.
    Total out the door = 15,648
    Dealer: Longo Toyota, Los angeles. Excellent dealer, but I paid in cash, so there was no finance hassles. Dealer is humongous, big really big.
    God bless my little car.
    Regards.
    Omar.
  • Options
    Wait! You quote was high! Here was my dealer did:

invoice price - rebate ($1000) - $200 (dealer discount of the end of month). Then, I made the deal to cut another $150.

I got 08 LE + $200 Audio + $169 Mats --> $14120 + $599 doc +$41 title +7% tax.

So, Corolla sells under Invoice now (last month)!
  • Options
    I got my 08 LE AUTO at Sandy Spring Toyota on last Friday: Out-door $15K even w/ 95 Camry LE (240K miles) trade-in ($700). I cut ~$180 from last offer ($14288). World Toyota's offer was simliar to the new car but only $500 for trade. Also, I like Grey & World Toyota only has Beige (my 2nd choice). Mall of GA may have more choices but almost all come w/ Toyoguard which I don't want to invest. Only one dealership you don't need to try - Roswell Toyota. the answer I got is why do you need quote? The MSRP is! This is my 1st time to get this kind answer from Toyota/Lexus dealer(I got 4 Toyotas/Lexus)! Only Honda/Acura dealers do this way. By the way, if you live in the South, you may try Union City Toyota. Their DOC fee is lower. I almost got 02 Sequoia from them (I got 03 from Sandy Spring later). The only problem was the truck was ~300 miles away (in SC). I didn't want my new truck w/ several hundreds of initial mileage. I am in Alpharetta now (used to in Peachtree City), so, I don't try Union City for Corolla this time.
    Anyway, I highly recommand Sandy Spring. If you do need contact info, please let me know.
  • Options
    sportscsportsc Member Posts: 6
    I would like know if this is a better deal for a Toyota Corolla S model with all the features on it.

Toyota Corolla S

Power Tilt/Slide Moonroof with Day/Night Inner Mirror.
    Driver & Passenger Side & Curtain Airbag
    Extra Value Package #1 Includes:
    15" Alloy Wheels w/P195/65R15 Tires, Color-Keyed Rear Deck Spoiler, Power Windows, Remote Keyless Entry and Cruise Control
    50 State Emissions
    All Weather Guard Package
    Anti-Lock Brake System, with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution

MSRP:$17900

Internet Sale Price:$17195
    Plus tax and lic. fees.

Lease price is 240 a month..

Can some one let me know if this is a good deal or if there are better options or if i doing absolutely wrong.
  • Options
    1st of all, I cannot answer your question as I don't think you get right # for MSRP. What's DOC fee? Are you talking about invoice price (17900)? if yes, the price is a little high. This month, rebate is $1000 ($250 more than last month for S): 17.9K-1K=16.9K. w/o bonus, dealer still makes 17195-16900=$295 + DEC fee. At end of month you should get better deal. 2nd, if you willing pay near $18K for sport, why not to get a tc? Anyway, try Sandy Spring to see what # she can give to you. Let me know if you need her info.
  • Options
    hfzeushfzeus Member Posts: 39
    It looks way too high to me.

Isn't the MSRP 18,415 with those options?

Where I just got an LE from (Jones Junction - see a few posts back), they sold me a harder to find Corolla for under invoice. Your deal is barely below MSRP.

They seem to be trying to rip you off. There is no way I'd pay close to that for that car.
  • Options
    skosko Member Posts: 1
    I've got a quote from a dealership in Chicago area. Here's what I got:

08 Corolla CE w/ automatic transmission
    upgrade package
    cruise control
    floor mats
    $14521 after cash rebate ($750) including destination charge

The price doesn't include any other fees and taxes. It seems that this is the best price I can get from all the dealers I have contacted in Chicago area. Is this a good deal? Is there anyone who got a better deal in Chicago?
  • Options
    mackabeemackabee Member Posts: 4,709
    You should be able to get this vehicle for $1000.00 under invoice or more depending on how motivated the dealer is to sell you a car. Invoice less rebate and maybe a $250 more off. Corolla 2008 is winding down so inventory is got to go to make room for the 09.
    Mackabee
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses.. I am planning to lease this car. Toyota Corolla S which has the following options.

15" Alloy Wheels w/P195/65R15 Tires, Color-Keyed Rear Deck Spoiler, Power Windows, Remote Keyless Entry and Cruise Control
    50 State Emissions

MSRP:$17900

Plus tax and lic. fees.

• Options
    Hi MACKabee.. thanks for the info..

I am not sure if i did not provided you enough information.

i would like to know if i can futher negotiate with the dealer and how much it can be..250$ or more..
  • Options
    Thanks for the information. your reply seems reasonable. I rechecked and the exact MSRP rate is 17945 he is trying to charge me..

Overall on a month i was supposed to pay 237 with 2500..
    I am not hurry. Seems like i am making some mistake..
  • Options
    Replying to: toyofannew (Dec 05, 2007 11:56 am)

Thanks for the information. your reply seems reasonable. I rechecked and the exact MSRP rate is 17945. Seems like he is trying to charge me..

Overall on a month i was supposed to pay 237 with 2500 down in initial pay..
    I am not hurry. Could you let me know what are the parameters that can help me to negotiate the price to get this down.
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses. I am not planning to lease this car.I am not in a hurry. Sorry for the above messages.. Can you guys do favour to say giv me more idea on what i can negotiate to bring down the price..

Toyota Corolla S which has the following options.

50 State Emissions

MSRP:$17945

Plus tax and lic. fees.

• Options
    olga626olga626 Member Posts: 3
    Los Angeles CA 91335

2008 Toyota Corolla S
    Transmission: Electronic 4-Speed Automatic w/Overdrive
    Extra Value Package # 1
    •Enhanced Power Package .• Electric Cruise Control .• Power Windows .• Remote Keyless Entry .•Sport Plus Package .• Wheels: 15 in. x 6J Aluminum S/D .• Body Color Rear Spoiler .
    AM/FM Stereo w/CD & 6 Speakers
    Driver and Passenger Side Bolster/Curtain Airbags
    Preferred Accessory Package
    Documentation fee $ 55.00
    Taxable Total: $ 16,670.00
    8.25% Sales tax $ 1,375.36
    Subtotal with taxes: $ 18,045.36
    Registration (title) and license fees† $ 173.00
    Additional Official fee: CA tire disposal fee... $ 8.75
    Customer Rebate Expires 01/02/08 ($ 1,500.00)
    FINAL PRICE $ 16,727.11
  • Options
    mustardseed2mustardseed2 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking to buy a Toyota Corolla, 2008, CE with convenience package that has auto doors and the curtain airbag.

On Carsdirect.com and Edmunds when I plug those features in I got a TMV and Target Invoice that's around 14,330 + TTL.

I submitted for dealer quotes and the only dealer that has come back to me with precisely what I wanted quoted me 15,350 + TTL.

What I'm wondering is, how reasonable is it for me to push for the Carsdirect & Edmunds target price, and how good is the dealer's offer?

I'm in Houston, Texas.
  • Options
    jlflickjlflick Member Posts: 4
    Here's my story:
    After testing a 08 Civic LX 4 dr auto and enduring young condescending saleskid, I went back to Toyota dealer.

Eastern PA
    everything but moonroof and alloys.
    (6 cd changer which I don't need but came in regional package)
    MSRP 18520
    Vehicle + dest. 16100 + TTL
    I'm satisfied

Civic too edgy for me, saleskid said 'you'll get used to not seeing the hood while driving.' Door Entry/exit too low, didn't like digital guages. MP3 jack only regret.
    Like Eugene Levy in Vacation movie 'You think you hate it now, just wait until you drive it.'
  • Options
    netannetan Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

I am in Bay Area. I am looking for a new corolla 2008 LE. I was quoted on following options

15" Aluminum Wheels w/P195/65R15 AS Tires
    Driver & Passenger Side & Curtain Airbags .
    Anti-Lock Brake System
    AM/FM/In-Dash 6-Disc CD Changer w/6 ......
    Speakers and Cruise Control ................
    Carpet Floor Mats (4pc. Set) ..............

The quoted price is 16281 + 1430 (tax) + 212 (DMV) + 55(doc)
    Total out of door price 17978

Can some one help me decide if this is a good price or should I look around more.

Thanks
  • Options
    nyguy1nyguy1 Member Posts: 23
    I don't know if it will help you but in September I purchased a Corolla S with an MSRP of $19,500 in the Los Angeles area and paid $15,515 after rebates. We took it out of state to register it so that price included no other fees, all we had to add was the processing fee of $55 and the state sales tax. Then when we got to the state it was going to be used in we had to pay the registration fee costs.
  • Options
    mustardseed2mustardseed2 Member Posts: 2
    Sorry if this is too late to help you - but I've been shopping around a lot for mid-size sedans in Houston.

An elantra was offered to me with all the same features and more for an out the door price of about 17500. - Burl at Hub Hyundai. Very nice man.

I kept looking because it had more on it than I wanted...I have been able to find a Corolla CE with BE and UP and Keyless entry for 15100+TTL. I hope that's a good deal!!
    Hub Hyundai couldn't match that price and it wouldn't have been reasonable for them to do so since the CE I'm getting didn't have cruise control, fog lights...even floor mats.

Anyway, all that to say, you maybe should visit a Hyundai dealership and get a quote on the Elantra with those items. Your salesman will tell you that the Elantra is not as good and the Corolla will last forever, just point out the Elantra has a better warranty and ask them what they can do. It's only about 500 bucks off so they should work with you after that.

Or get an elantra, they are very nice cars, maybe next time for me :)
  • Options
    stacidallasstacidallas Member Posts: 15
    I just started researching compact cars for my husband and based on the rebates being offered, the Corolla seems like the best value for the money....but after reading some of the posts I'm wondering if I'll get even MORE value for my money if I wait until the 2009s come out.

This latest rebate for $1,500 on the CE "ends" on 1/2/08, but then again it looks there was already a rebate for $1,000 on the CE which "ended" in October (unless I misread the posts and that was for the 2007 CE).

Should I wait for even more rebates and deals? It seems odd that the 2009 would hit the dealer lots in February when the all the dealer websites I checked out (I'm in the DFW area) show that their lots are FILLED with the 2008 Corolla CEs?!

I don't want to miss a good deal, but I also don't want to buy too early if there really will be some serious deals happening after Feb. when the 2009s hit.

Should I buy or should I wait?
  • Options
    homerj227homerj227 Member Posts: 21
    Generally speaking, a $1,500 rebate on a $15,000 Toyota car is pretty darn good. Things will almost certainly get slightly better if the lots are full of 09s in Feb., but the dealers know what they doing and much of the discount available then can be gained now. People are getting stripped CEs in the $12,000s. That is what my Mazda 323 cost in 1988. This car isn't going to be $5,000 off, you are probably just fighting for the last few hundred dollars. If you can get a good deal now, I'd go for it, especially since you will have much more of a choice of options and colors now. I would imagine that whatever is left of what you are seeing out there now is what you will still be picking from in 2 months.
  • Options
    joep3joep3 Member Posts: 4
    On December 24th I purchased a loaded Corolla S for $15,444 plus TT&L (after rebate) from Longo Toyota. This car had a MSRP of $19,500. I'm from Orange County, CA and wanted the car for my daughter's Christmas present. I could not make a deal with any of the local dealers in my area after 3 days of trying. I then decided to look at Longo which is 55 miles from my house. To my surprise I made the deal over the telephone in less than 5 minutes at a great price. I used Longo's Internet Dept. and dealt with David Cheng. I was even more surprised at the level of service the dealership provided, no hard sell on low jack, extended warranties, alarm systems, etc. I would have to say it was the most pleasureable car buying experience I've had.

Needless to say my daughter was thrilled on Christmas morning when she saw the car in the driveway.
  • Options
    crewdog92crewdog92 Member Posts: 1
    Central Arkansas, Northpoint Toyota

Floormats
    Paint/Sound Shield Package.
    List: $$15,640, $1,500 Rebate.
    Paid $13,300 out the door.
    I refused to pay the $129 DocFee & $15 Mystery Fee?
    Thanks to Toyota, Vibe & Matrix Forums, I will install (with factory parts) Cruise control for $75 & Fog Lights (Factory Switch) and E-Bay lights/relay for about $120.
  • Options
    rajivn6rajivn6 Member Posts: 3
    Hi All,

It would be really great if anybody could help me out on this issue. I have a 2006 Corolla LE with 41000 Miles in it. Am getting 10 MPG in city driving. And i tested in the freeway and am getting 32 MPG. What could be tthe reason? I bought this car from a dealer as a used one.

Hope i can hear a solution soon...
  • Options
    eka123eka123 Member Posts: 1
    Bought 2008 Corolla S

Extra Value Package #1
    Includes cruise control, steering wheel mounted cruise controls, power windows with driver's side 1-touch down, remote keyless entry, color keyed rear spoiler and 15" x 6" alloy wheels

AM/FM 6CD Changer w/6 Speaker Audio
    Includes AM/FM radio with 6-disc in-dash CD changer and 6 speakers

$14500 + TTL (INCLUDES $1500 INCENTIVE)
  • Options
    fer2fer2 Member Posts: 3
    Dude, Awesome Deal Where did you buy this , how did u get this deal ?
This discussion has been closed.