Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2003-2008 Toyota Corolla Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mchipmchip Member Posts: 6
    Oh Sorry: I forgot to include the 5yr/60000 extended warraty also ($600 per toyota website)
    -mchip.
  • shekharshekhar Member Posts: 23
    In Columbia SC @ Dick Dyer Toyota. Excellent service. White LE with sunroof, side airbags, 6 cd am/fm, cruise and anti lock brakes. I paid $16500 + $339 (tags and tax) and a $99 as processing fee. Financed @ 0% for 36 mos. Much below TMV price. Everybody is happy :)
  • shekharshekhar Member Posts: 23
    Well, he also threw in the floor mats, fabric protection and the free oil change coupons and have me promise an excellent customer review.
    :Shekhar
  • moscowmoscow Member Posts: 1
    Hello Kristie,
    I would love to buy (toyota corolla le 2005) for that price, even without floor mats or security system. How do I do that?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Your best advice is coming from other members - once you know the car CAN be purchased for that price, there's no need to pay any more. Visit our buying tips section first, then get invoice pricing and True Market Value pricing for the Toyota Corolla by clicking on my link.

Pricing varies from region to region, city to city, so you'll want to make sure you're getting the data for your area by entering your ZIP code.

If you tell us where you live now, some of our members may have dealership tips for you.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• modestmousemodestmouse Member Posts: 53
    The only thing I have to say to that is when there's only a few dealers in your local area you pretty much pay w/e they want you too..competition is a good thing, small town dealers run the market. :P
  • 3c33c3 Member Posts: 76
    Here in the northern California, carsdirect.com price is $100 over invoice, and I have received a quote for about $100 under invoice. Both before the current $500 rebate. Holdback for Toyota is 2% of base MSRP, or a little over $300.
    I got away with about 500 ovr. invoice...not too bad i guess, just got to deal with the market you're in.
  • unlimitsunlimits Member Posts: 2
    Just bought a 2005 Corolla LE(automatic) for $13944+tax+tag after $900 rebate. Options included:

-VV Audio value package
    -CF Carpet floor mats
    -CK All weather guard package
    -C1 Trunk mat

Is it a good deal? I am pretty happy with the price though. The sales person was very patient, not pushy at all. It is very helpful to use edmunds to get some internet quotes and bring the lowest price you get to start negotiating.
  • ghuletghulet Member Posts: 2,564
    That price seems pretty aggressive. That was without a trade-in?
    The invoice price for your configuration is $15,342. Minus $900 rebate = $14,442. $13,944 is about $500 under. Is documentation fee included in that price? If not, how much is it?
  • unlimitsunlimits Member Posts: 2
    Final price is $13944 + $976(7%)tax + $165 = $15,086. No trade-in. 4.1% APR financing for 60 months. Maybe a little bit high, but fine with me.
    Not high at all. I think that's extremely good price. Maybe financing helps with the price a bit because the dealer gets something for it. Congratulations!
    Has anyone bought a 2005 Corolla recently in the S.F. Bay Area? If so, could you please post your purchase price (before tax/reg/rebate) and invoice/MSRP price? I'd like to get an idea how much under invoice I should shoot for. Thanks.

Compared to Honda, Toyota is much harder to shop for because of all the different options. Even the rear heating duct is an option that many Corollas don't have!
  • debasisdebasis Member Posts: 3
    I bought my Corolla LE on last Saturday. Price $16,470 before tax or anything else. Options are JBL CD Changer, Weather, Cruise/Auto, ABS. This is in NJ.
  • mchipmchip Member Posts: 6
    Hi:
    I finally paid this price for my 2005 Corolla LE Auto.
    Alloy wheels
    Audio Value pkg
    V5 Security System
    Mats, Trunk mats,
    All weather guard pkg
    5yr/60,000 mile extended warranty
    Price: 14914(Invoice)+ 1048(Tax+otherfees)=$15962 (Out of the door)
    This includes $500+$400(college grad) rebates.
    Do you guys feel is this a good price?
    Thanks.
    "Invoice price" generally means manufacturer's invoice price, not the price you paid. The invoice price for your configuration (not including extended warranty) minus $900 rebate is approximately the price you paid $14,914. I don't know how much the extended warranty is worth, but you paid that much less than the effective invoice price.
    Just bought the car yesterday in Hayward, CA.

2005 Toyota Corolla LE (6 miles) with:
    automatic transmission
    AW - alloy wheels
    VV - audio value pkg (6-CD changer and cruise control)
    BE - side/curtain airbags
    AB - antilock brakes
    CF - floor mats

MSRP: $17,953
    invoice: $16,457 - $500 rebate = $15,957 effective invoice
    my price: $15,500 + tax/reg/doc
    doc/tire fees: $50

Toyota's holdback is 2%, so my price is less than invoice - holdback. However, I think I still paid too much because the dealer just accepted my offer through email.
  • alpha01alpha01 Member Posts: 4,747
    You got a great price, you're probably over-thinking. Most dealers prefer to accept offers via email if they are reasonable, as most people who choose to email an offer are probably less likely to tolerate dealer antics, and are more likely to have done quality internet research. Relax and be happy.

~alpha
  • ct_waltct_walt Member Posts: 1
    Hi,unlimits:
    I just find $400 student rebate for corolla. how come you get $900 rebate?

and can you tell the name of the dealer?
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,148
    Rebates can vary by geographical location. To verify the rebates for your area, visit our Rebates & Incentives page and enter the ZIP code for the area in which you're shopping. I did a quick check on some Northeast ZIP codes, and it looks like there's $500 cash-to-customer available in addition to the college grad rebate, but it can't be combined with special financing rates.

kirstie_h
    Roving Host & Future Vehicles Host

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

• algy1algy1 Member Posts: 2
    I just got a 2005 LE Corolla auto, with side air bags, JBL cd changer audio package, mats, for $15,000 even (plus tax/license/doc fee) from CarsDirect.com in the LA area. Was a pretty painless transaction, and seemed like a price way below the best I was offered by walking in to a local dealer.
    I really wanted to get anti-lock brakes and the leather trim package, but was told that it would be impossible in SoCal (why???), and it was really hard to even find a dealer that had a car with side air bags in stock. Apparently Toyota decides in advance which geographic area gets what options, and the consumer does not really get a choice! I called lots of dealers to verify this, and it looks like its true. Apparently Toyota thinks that in SoCal at least, the only people that buy Corolla's are trying to save a buck at any cost, so don't offer much in the way of options. Sucks, since I wanted to buy one because it seems like great value for a safe, economical commuter car, instead of driving my gas guzzling Volvo SUV.
    I'd recommend at least trying CarsDirect.com, to get an idea of a what a good price is for your area, then visit a few local dealers and see if they can beat it. In most cases they can't, but if they can, then go for it! If not, work with CarsDirect - they make car buying a really quick and easy experience.
    Your car is close to $600 under invoice minus $500 rebate, which is a little better than my deal. Carsdirect.com prices are way overpriced in my area, more than $500 above what I paid.

I got the ABS and side airbags that I wanted, but I had to get alloy wheels which I didn't want. Who would buy side airbags at $563 but not want ABS at $335? What is Toyota thinking?

I don't like shopping for Toyotas with all of those packages and options. Hondas are much more straight forward.
    I believe the 500 dollars is customer cash back, in exchange for a low APR. I passed it up because instead of 500 bucks I got 3.9 for the length of the 60mo loan. :)

The crappy thing about the college rebate is that you have to have a job lined up for after graduation. What kinda of college student gets that? Not me I guess.

MM
  • algy1algy1 Member Posts: 2
    You're right. Toyota's marketing departement is nuts. Who is going to choose between side air bags, anti lock brakes, or traction control? They should just make one safety package and include everything safety related like Honda does.
    Thats why the college grad rebate is effective up to 2 years AFTER your date of graduation.

~alpha
  • rslrsl Member Posts: 1
    I live in Northern NJ, & would love to know where you, mchip, got the terrific price of $14,500 (05'corolla LE auto, audio pkg, alloy wheels, security system, floor and trunk mats, all weather guard pkg).
    If anyone sees this message & you know a dealer who can match this price, please let me know.
    RSL
  • kk91254kk91254 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 2004 Toyota Corolla last night. The car was a loaner car with 1,747 miles on it, in perfect condition. I paid 14,300 with the certification. I also paid an additional 600 to extend the warrantee over 6 six years. Does this sound like a reasonable deal? Thanks for any input.
    The $14300 can either be a good deal or not so good.......is it a loaded S or LE or a stripped CE with a manual transmission?
    Why are people asking about prices after the purchase???
  • danielj6danielj6 Member Posts: 285
    Why are people asking about prices after the purchase???

Post purchase dissonance.
  • goooopygoooopy Member Posts: 4
    Did you finance through Toyota to get the $400 rebate? I planed to get a loan through Eloan, then I was told at the totyota dealership that I have to finance through them to get the college grad rebate.
  • goooopygoooopy Member Posts: 4
    The dealer here charges about $250 title transfer fee after we agreed on a selling price. That does not include registration fee. I thought that was fishy. I was also told by the salesperson that the district attorney requires that if they charge one customer this fee, they have to charge all others. Does anyone know what fees (and in what amount) are reasonable after a selling price? Thanks
  • prandprand Member Posts: 1
    In Cincinnati area, I am looking for 2005 Corolla CE, (4DR, AT). Most of the dealers are giving around 14730 with the following packages (by default).

Convenience Package - (Cruise cOntrol and Power Door Locks)

All Weather Guard

50 State Emmission

Preferred Owners Portfolio (Don't know about it)

4 Pc Floor Mats.

They are offering around 14,700 + Tax (7%) + Title (125$).

On top of it, they offer either 400$ rebate or 1.9% APR. (Means final price will around 14300 + Tax + Title.

On Cars.com, I got 14,328 + Tax + Title. (It appears to be they did not apply the rebate). Carsdirect.com is about 200$s plus, after including the report)

The question is $14300 (and change) is a decent price for the above vehicle or is that a so so price or too much for it?.

Thanks
  • claraclara Member Posts: 17
    I am looking to buy a corolla LE in Maryland. Has anyone gotten a good deal in the area? I am willing to consider dealers in Maryland and Virginia. I bought a Honda Odyssey this summer and found it to be easier than Toyota.
  • joy2joy2 Member Posts: 1
    I bought a 05 Corolla LE last night from Hayward, CA.

Automatic

Allow wheels

Audio value pkg(6 cd changer and cruise control)

Floor mats

MSRP $16,518, Invoice $15,253

I paid $14,447+tax+fees=out the door price $15,918.

I didn't take the $500 rebate and instead taken the special financing.
  • seshsesh Member Posts: 1
    Bought last night.

LE Trim

Auto

6-CD + Cruise Control

Weather package

Floor mats

A dubious package consisting of rental car assistance etc

2 free oil change coupons [$30]

[$15650 - $1000 rebate] = $14650 + TTL [tax in TX is 6.25 - around $920] + Inventory tax + Doc fee + Dealer Advtg fee + MFA [something about more advertising] = $15790

Dest. charge is $585 - included in the invoice price, of course

Did I go good?

Thanks.

Sesh
  • dfazdfaz Member Posts: 1
    I'm looking for a 05 Corolla S and I'm having a hard time getting information over the phone. The dealership in Marin wants $15.7 before tax and rebate. This includes the VP package and carpets. Would you recommend the dealership in Hayward that you used? Who was your salesperson?
  • lee_wlee_w Member Posts: 239
    Congrats! HOpe you enjoy your new car! You may want to look at our Owner's Club now that you purchased!
  • carglowcarglow Member Posts: 91
    I purchased an 05 LE back in July when they had $500 rebates. It has auto tranny, VV audio package, alarm, and alloy wheels. Paid $15,800 plus TT&L.

Compared to some of the deals I've read here I should have waited.
  • bipibipi Member Posts: 1
    Consider this:

2005 Corolla LE AT

All Weather Guard (CK)

Audio Value Package (VV)

Cargo Net (GN)

Carpet Floor Mats (CF)

Trunk Mat

Price: $14075 plus Tax/Title/plates and $240 processing.

OTD price: $14,820
  • carglowcarglow Member Posts: 91
    I'm assuming that's with the $1000 rebate applied which wasn't available in my case.

If so, looks like I overpaid by about $500.
  • 2005ce2005ce Member Posts: 3
    Just bought a Automatic 2005 Corolla CE with floor mats and cruise control in central North Carolina for $14,400 out the door. Price included $425 tax, $57 tag, and $200 doc. Dealer kept the $1000 factory rebate. I went to buyatoyota.com and entered my zip code. I then shotgun emailed all the dealerships in the area and asked them to quote me their best out the door price for a CE with minimum options with breakdown for tax, tags, rebates etc. I used carbuyingtips.com and kbb.com to figure out if they were fair prices. I then went to the dealership with the biggest selection and offered a little less than the lowest comparable offer that I had received. According to my calculations I got the car for less than 3% of the dealer's cost (assuming 2% holdback). I don't know if there were any other kickbacks to the dealer.
    I'm assuming your car is an automatic?
  • sk0123sk0123 Member Posts: 5
    Hi, I'm in Oregon. I've been offered $15400 out-the-door for an 05 Corolla LE auto w/ audio value, all weather, 50 st emissions, carpet floor mats, antilock brakes, & pass/driver side/curtain airbags. Oregon has no sales tax, so the vehicle price being offered is $15182, while the doc/title fees is $218. That's with a $750 rebate. I tried to get a college grad rebate but they said it's only possible with financing from Toyota (I want to pay cash lump sum). Is this a good deal? Ideally I'd want to shave 100-200 dollars off, but they won't budge any more...should I just take the offer? (I really don't need the all-weather guard and audio value packages, but they don't have an LE without those options.)
  • djangodjango Member Posts: 13
    I am looking at a Corolla LE with following options in Naperville , Illinois with following Options:

ABS , V6 Security ,cruise Control. How much would extended warranty cost.

What is Vehicle stability Control ?

If anyone has purchased Corolla LE recently , would appreciate if you can share the prices

Thanks in advance
  • sk0123sk0123 Member Posts: 5
    Well, I went ahead and just bought the car w/o any further advice or research. According to my calculations, I got the car for 300-350 dollars below invoice, and that's what the salesperson told me as well (even though I never mentioned it to him). I didn't really need all the extra options, but it's nice having them (and I didn't have to pay all that much). The car rides very well...smooth and comfortable, very quiet too. Although the Civic had more pep and better handling when I test-drove it, the Corolla more than makes up for it in the comfort department. The LE is definitely worth it, IMO.

Edit: The car, for some reason, had around 300 miles on the odometer. What's up with that? Any ideas?
    I think you got a great deal! No idea why your car had 300 miles on it, but you could always inquire about it. The Civic EX handles a bit more sharply than the Corolla, but both should have very similar acceleration (they do on paper, at least, so the Civic's higher revving 1.7L may have made it feel faster?)

~alpha
  • john500john500 Member Posts: 409
    Either there were a whole lot of test drives, or more likely, the dealer swapped cars with another dealer that was about 200-300 miles away.
  • hardinhardin Member Posts: 1
    What town and state did you get this deal at? I am lookin to buy 2 Corolla Le for twin daughters.I could use a deal like that. Could you tell me the name of the dealership?
This discussion has been closed.