Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs Dodge/Chrysler minivans

Comments

• socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    The Odyssey long term is 15,000K+ review is in!!
    link title

No problem so far!! MT also has there sept review in they are getting 21mpg overall. So far 2 problem with this one both sliding doors issues. I think it wasn't fixed right the first time. As far as I can tell the Ody is doing great overall.

I also want to add a link for the 2001 Dodge GC Longterm Problems. Wow, they had the clockspring problem too.

link title
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    A "test" sample of one vehilce (out of what..over 100,000 Odys produced) over 15k is not very telling is it?

Great for whoever owns that particular vehicle though.
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Anyone considering buying a Odyssey should read the Edmunds Forum titled "Honda Odyssey Owners problems and solutions" all 5,644 posts. Nice comparasion 05 Odyssey to 01 Caravan ;);););)
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    when you're desperate for any good news, an apples and oranges review will do!!! :P
    when you're desperate for any good news, an apples and oranges review will do!!!

Oh just keep looking for the posts on the Ody. Then you can feel good. You know the posting is probably about 10 to 1 or more!!!. Since sept 7th the Honda prices paid has 250+ posts and the DCX prices paid has 0 posts, the last 2 post there are by Hans and dennisctc, now I don't know but dosen't that say something about that amount of posts. Its only about buying a car and what you paid. So, if you have the best sellling van shouldn't you have the most post. Also, I never see you guys getting on dennis when he finds the one person with a engine problem at 600 miles or the 2 guys with the A/C problem. Then makes it seem like that typicial!! Please don't be so outraged when I find something that was written by a unanonymous source. BTW I drive my good news everyday and where is my appology for showing you that you posted on sept 7th that you got your oil changed?? Look at the MT article too that makes 2 articles with good results. What am I supposed to do go to a dodge dealer and log all the issues. Heck I already did that for 4 years!! Not my fault most Dodge owners don't post!! If you want to look at issues with dodge the forum isn't the way to go look at the vehicle ratings. So far 2006 Dodge GC 6.0 rating 2006 Honda Odyssey 9.8 rating.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    THANKS for the link were the cold hard numbers indicate the Grand Caravan is the best choice.

VERY Interesting...if you take the time to read the data for the 2001 GC ES and 2005 Ody Touring with comparable mileage on each.

ACCORDING to Edumunds data, the 2001 Grand Caravan cost MUCH less to operate...and the GC had better gas mileage. ;) Here are the numbers extracted from Long Term Test of each:

Ody: 7,980 miles cost $131.31 (Repair PAX tire $ 50 and 7,500 Service $ 81.31)
    15,013 miles cost $ 141.69 ( Routine Maintenance).

GC: NO maintenance costs listed for 3,325 mile service; 6,928 mile service, and 18,139 mile service.
    ....................( Hmmm...Didn't Edmunds have to pay for oil and oil filter change?)

ODY at 15,013 miles: Overall average 18.5 MPG :cry:

GC at 18,139 miles: Overall average 18.9 MPG
    ACCORDING to Edumunds data, the 2001 Grand Caravan cost MUCH less to operate...and the GC had better gas mileage. Here are the numbers extracted from Long Term Test of each:

15,013 miles cost $ 141.69 ( Routine Maintenance).

GC: NO maintenance costs listed for 3,325 mile service; 6,928 mile service, and 18,139 mile service.
    ....................( Hmmm...Didn't Edmunds have to pay for oil and oil filter change?)

I think the cost data got lost somewhere. But I'm sure the oils change is free. What didn't get lost was the 10 unscheduled visits to the dealership to the Hondas 0.

ODY at 15,013 miles: Overall average 18.5 MPG

GC at 18,139 miles: Overall average 18.9 MPG

NOt much of a difference. But do you know the city to highway ratio. I bet you don't !!!
    One thing that really stands out in these reviews, is the bias. Note that the Oddy had over 11 reviews by Edmunds, the DCX has 6 total...the most recent being the 2001 model!!!

Does CR own Edmunds?????

Edmunds is busy fawning all over the 2005 Oddy. Their last Minivan comparison, Dec 2004, didn't even include a DCX product (when the Stow N Go vans were launching). You'd think the manufacturer with the largest share of the Minivan market would be included? Now maybe there's a good reason, like timing or availability? But still......the most recent is a 2001 DCX Minivan?
    NOt much of a difference. But do you know the city to highway ratio. I bet you don't !!!

Please enlighten us, since you seem to know - right????
    Cold, hard, unbiased facts published by Edmunds indicate the Grand Caravan was the better buy. ;)
    However, each of us should buy the vehicle we like best even if it costs more to buy, own, and operate. ( I was not satisfied with my underpowered, spartan VW Bus even though it got reasonably good gas mileage).
    That's a great PPM number!!!!!!! Hey, maybe CR is onto something, giving DCX the same number of red circles as Honda in their latest buying guide??

Thats great I bet the differance in problems is very close!!! I have never said anything different. I think CR is pretty close to whats going on!! I would love to see how many people responded and what the breakdown of the problems are with each component!
    You also claimed no one was doing better than EP on DCXs, when there was EP plus going on. We can all read the prices paid on Oddy lately here, and if anything the gap is larger with the 2006 Oddy out!

Please don't tell me what I said, I llok at TMV/Carsdirect.com sometimes Carsdirect has a price thats better than EP+. If thats true i use it!! BTW here's a post from me yesterday talking about EP+. And I wan't saying it dosen't exist!! Another slandering tactic! Heck it worked in elections!! Why not here???

Post 4696

I read other boards can't remember when I saw it but you did it and said you were looking at the EP+ vans. I'd say first week of sept. The 24th was when i said that!
    As far as buying it, I'm not selling it so nothiung to buy here!!
    Nice to know that each brand has owners that are completely satisfied.
    For me, the Odyssey, Grand Caravan, and Sienna are all very desireable and each has advantages ;) ...(and each lacks some nice features contained on another brand when the same amount of money is spent for each).
    Nice to know that each brand has owners that are completely satisfied.
    For me, the Odyssey, Grand Caravan, and Sienna are all very desireable and each has advantages ...(and each lacks some nice features contained on another brand when the same amount of money is spent for each).

Hans, are you ever gonna buy a van?? If you keep waiting you'll end up with a 2009 model. I'm passionate about everything. Heck you should see how much I like semiconductor equipment. Now thats some stuff. Plasma and vacuum and High voltage OH My!!!
    Eventually. I am a very cautious buyer and find things on the Ody EX that I like but then find things on the GC SXT that are missing on the Ody. The GC SXT interior looks cheap to me compared to the Ody EX (or Sienna LE)....but the GC SXT power sliding doors are designed better for example. The Ody EX has the most power and greatly outperformed my 02 T&C with 3.3L V6 but the Sienna LE felt better in the test drive than did the Ody EX but the Sienna exterior is least appealing of these 3.
    I am not even sure what "Bluetooth" is and why I should need it.
    Can you see why I am confused? :blush:
    Eventually. I am a very cautious buyer and find things on the Ody EX that I like but then find things on the GC SXT that are missing on the Ody. The GC SXT interior looks cheap to me compared to the Ody EX (or Sienna LE)....but the GC SXT power sliding doors are designed better for example. The Ody EX has the most power and greatly outperformed my 02 T&C with 3.3L V6 but the Sienna LE felt better in the test drive than did the Ody EX but the Sienna exterior is least appealing of these 3.
    Can you see why I am confused?

I hated parting with the money!! Keep looking your 2002 has alotta life left in it!! You could drive that thing until the Hydrogen cars come out!! I'm sure the next gen DCX will have 10 airbags, VSC and be a good value. It should come out in 2007(2008 model) so see 2009 is good for you. I love the competition it keeps improving the product.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241

I can never figure out what these magazines/testers do to get such jacked-up service costs. I just had my first service (6,200 miles) and it was $24.00 plus tax.

And if gas mileage is your forte, I've been running premium in the Ody (rotating tanks for testing purposes) and it's averaging 15% better on premium. Considering the cost of premium is only 7% more....it easily pays for itself. I had wondered if premium wouldn't work better since it's recommended for this engine in the higher power versions.

Bluetooth is a module/device which enables your Car radio/GPS, Cell Phone, Computer and PDA to communicate with each other, share info like names, addys and phone numbers. If your car had Bluetooth, and you had a Bluetooth Cell and PDA, when you entered your car, the 3 devices would share that info. Then....you're driving down the road, your GPS would have the latest addresses in it, you could also make phone calls hands free thru your radio speakers etc....

If you're not a geek, you probably don't need it yet, and it's usually an easy after market add-on. BTW - My customer, Visteon, makes them for BMW, Ford and Nissan....they buy the connectors off me.
  • aaron_taaron_t Member Posts: 301
    Hans,

Bluetooth is a wireless communications protocol. In automobiles it is designed into the radios to handle phone calls hands free with a bluetooth compatible cell phone.

DCX is bringing back the Signature Series for Chrysler vehicles (and probably Special Editions for Dodges) on the minivan for 2006. A great value package with two-tone leather first two rows, power & heated front seats, sunroof, 6-disc DVD changer w/ MP3 input, LCD monitor, and GPS radio. That may help spruce up the interior enough for you. I have the regular T&C Touring and agree the interior has more hard plastics than its competitors.

I don't know if I am allowed to post this on Edmunds, but I can get you an employee price on 06 DCX vehicle if it helps the decision.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    Hans, I know you probably have some money stashed under that mattress of yours. Why don't you just buy all 3 (Ody, Sienna and DCX) ? Then you could have ALL of those features you want. ;)
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • nwngnwng Member Posts: 663
    I pd $19.99 for my 1st service at 6500mi (just an oil change). Maybe CA has higher prices than the rest of us.

I don't feel safe using my half ton jack and the jack stands to change oil for my ody. But with the corolla, I can pretty much do any basic maintainence on it.
    EXCELLENT information from many of you. I got a vague idea about Bluetooth while reading a brochure on the new 2006 T&C while having my 02 T&C LX serviced today but you explained it better.
    jipster has a good idea but our T&C has less than 37,000 miles on it now so I could not convince myself to have a T&C, Odyssey, and Sienna although it would be nice. (What would I do with the Ford F-150 and Chevy Blazer LT? :confuse: )
    YTD sales August, Dodge Caravan 166,917. Chrysler Town and Country 132,907. Total DCC 299,824. Honda Odyssey 121,292. Toyota Sienna 110,836. Let the flaming begin!
    Sadly, the last time I looked the Chrysler T&C sold fewer units the most recent month than did either the Odyssey or Sienna. That might push T&C down to 4th place by the end of December. :cry:
    YTD sales August, Dodge Caravan 166,917. Chrysler Town and Country 132,907. Total DCC 299,824. Honda Odyssey 121,292. Toyota Sienna 110,836. Let the flaming begin!

When I got my first minivan 1988(of coarse it was a caravan I've owned 4) dodge had 70%+ marketshare. Last year the market share was 38%. I really don't think Toyota or Honda want high volume they prefer high profits. I saw a article from earlier this year that said the differance in retained price for DCX vs Honda and Toyota is larger than the differance in purchase price. Meaning that you will recoup your price premiumfor a honda or toyota when you trade in your car. Also for trade-in DCX vans are among the top 5 vehicles traded in for a Honda/ Toyota van. But the honda/toyota van isn't in the top 25 vehicles traded for a DCX van. I would post a link but that against policy here ;)
    I really don't think Toyota or Honda want high volume they prefer high profits. Hmm why did they bother to build a new plant in Alabama? Doesn't look like much of an increase in marketshare over the 2004 MY?

Also for trade-in DCX vans are among the top 5 vehicles traded in for a Honda/ Toyota van. Nothing surprising here.

I saw a article from earlier this year that said the differance in retained price for DCX vs Honda and Toyota is larger than the differance in purchase price. Meaning that you will recoup your price premiumfor a honda or toyota when you trade in your car.

I saw an article from earlier this year too!!! It said that if put your savings (est $5k - $10k) in a bank for a 4-5 period, vs paying that additional money out in higher cost and finance charge for 4-5 years, and apply it to your resale value, you come out ahead!!!!
    I wrote,

I really don't think Toyota or Honda want high volume they prefer high profits.

Then you wrote,

Hmm why did they bother to build a new plant in Alabama? Doesn't look like much of an increase in marketshare over the 2004 MY?

Ok I said they weren't interested in market share(high volume)then you said look they didn't increase marketshare. You twist my info again. They build a plant in Alabama to increase there profits thats what companies do. Was the 1999+ Odyssey ever build in japan??

saw an article from earlier this year too!!! It said that if put your savings (est $5k - $10k) in a bank for a 4-5 period, vs paying that additional money out in higher cost and finance charge for 4-5 years, and apply it to your resale value, you come out ahead!!!!

You financed your car as most people will. How else would you get finance cash? That 2-3 grand(I can estimate too) at 2% for 4 year is nothing, plus you pay taxes on the interest. To me it looks like a wash. People should look for themselves. Now I'm sure Fish will come in and tell me they got 10 grand off. Of coarse what fish didn't say is that the van was on the lot 4+ monthsand they misquoted her and honored the quote. It's supply and demand and when the demand is bad for a new car, what will it be for a used car??
  • dustykdustyk Member Posts: 2,926
    Yeah. Had a ride in a new Sienna the other night and I was impressed. Despite all of the accolades recently bestowed on the saintly Honda, I most certainly don't see anyone making a mini-van that's truly the best in most categories other than Toyota. The fit and finish easily beats the Honda, the ride is supple and secure, and the cabin is quiet. The seats...are much nicer than Honda's according to my back. I didn't drive this vehicle, but the person, a former Ody owner said the performance was just as good as anything he's ever owned.

Regards,
    Dusty
    Honda Oddysey up 17,127 units over 2004( 121,292 vs 104,165 2005 over 2004)
    DCC Caravan and T & C up 43,466 units (299,814 vs 256, 348 2005 over 2004)
    I'm amazed at how figures can be manipulated.
    Figures are from August YTD have not seen Sept yet.
  • ClairesClaires Member Posts: 1,222
    Hi, folks,

A number of posts were removed tonight because they were disrespectful and/or off-topic. Please remember the topic and keep it civil. And before we get too far afield with the Sienna, there are a number of other topics here where you can discuss it:
    Toyota Sienna 2004+
    Honda Odyssey vs. Toyota Sienna 2005+ Models

Need help getting around? claires@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

Tell everyone about your buying experience: Write a Dealer Review

Yeah. Had a ride in a new Sienna the other night and I was impressed. Despite all of the accolades recently bestowed on the saintly Honda, I most certainly don't see anyone making a mini-van that's truly the best in most categories other than Toyota. The fit and finish easily beats the Honda, the ride is supple and secure, and the cabin is quiet. The seats...are much nicer than Honda's according to my back. I didn't drive this vehicle, but the person, a former Ody owner said the performance was just as good as anything he's ever owned.

I like a little firmer seat but it is a nice van. I would have considered one but my wife couldn't get past the looks. Shouldn't make someone buy something that don't like! That is the number 1 reason people buy things because of the way they look. The packaging is a little confusing but I liked the fit and finish better and the ride was very isolated.
    Honda Oddysey up 17,127 units over 2004( 121,292 vs 104,165 2005 over 2004)
    DCC Caravan and T & C up 43,466 units (299,814 vs 256, 348 2005 over 2004)
    I'm amazed at how figures can be manipulated.

I didn't say that DCX wasn't up?? What are you talking about?
    Figures are from August YTD have not seen Sept yet

I have the Honda ones here ya go. Have no idea when the DCX number come out.

http://sev.prnewswire.com/auto/20051003/LAM09203102005-1.html
    The selling price on my T&C Touring was at least $6.5k less than an Ody EX (no estimation required) and my credit uniion is offering 25mo CD's at 5%. So, the difference is a little larger than nothing, IMHO, even with safe bank returns. However, I am leasing for 27 months. I am paying for extra miles, but the standard 12k miles is $218 with $550 due at signing. If Odysseys hold their value so well, why are the lease rates so high?

DCX release sales numbers through Sept on Oct 3rd.
    Download PDF

DCX minivan sales are down for the month of September. Note, the Ody almost outsold Caravan nameplate for Sept. I suspect low inventories had a role in that from the summer sales surge. 2006 models of DCX vans didn't arrive on dealers lots until the last week of Sept. I know because many were parked at at a vacant lot across the street from my work.
    You financed your car as most people will. How else would you get finance cash? That 2-3 grand(I can estimate too) at 2% for 4 year is nothing, plus you pay taxes on the interest. To me it looks like a wash. People should look for themselves. Now I'm sure Fish will come in and tell me they got 10 grand off. Of coarse what fish didn't say is that the van was on the lot 4+ monthsand they misquoted her and honored the quote. It's supply and demand and when the demand is bad for a new car, what will it be for a used car??

I'll use my own personal experience here (like you do for MPG and your numerous DCX problems). I saved $10k over a Oddy EX. That's $10k less to finance and pay interest on. That's $10k more I can put into a 401 or Roth IRA (tax free).

If people only shop online at websites, and make decisions that way...they're hurting themselves and not seeing the full picture.
    I have been itching to find out where I can find a SXT equipped like a ex for $16k, please spare me the suspense! I promise I can sway at least one buyer to the dcx camp if such a deal can be had.
    Odyssey Sept YTD 2005 133,639. YTD 2004 113,694 up 19,945 units.
    DCC Sept YTD 2005 320,608. YTD 2004 290,715 up 29,893 units.
    I think Dennis paid about $19k + TTL for his van, but compares it to one of the higher trim Ody because one can get a power rear gate as a stand alone option on DGC vs. that higher than EX trim Ody. Regardless, my sales price was about $20k on my T&C Touring, and could have been $1k lower if I had lease loyalty. $10k may be a strech for most people tradinging off equipment levels of the Ody EX, Sienna XLE, and DGC/T&C Touring. $5-7k is quite common. If one cannot get a DCX minivan for at least $6k off MSRP, he should buy a ticket to Detroit.
    he selling price on my T&C Touring was at least $6.5k less than an Ody EX (no estimation required) and my credit uniion is offering 25mo CD's at 5%. So, the difference is a little larger than nothing, IMHO, even with safe bank returns. However, I am leasing for 27 months. I am paying for extra miles, but the standard 12k miles is $218 with $550 due at signing. If Odysseys hold their value so well, why are the lease rates so high?

You are leasing do you really know what your paying?? Whats the buyout at the end?? So now your gonna put your 6.5K off a lease into the bank?? Why would HOnda lease a car for less money if they don't have too. Car companies are into making money(Well some of them). You sell it and lease it for as much as you can get! Even at 218.00 a moth that probably dosen't include tax + drive off you pay 6500.00 for a car for 2.25 years. And all you did is rent.
    with side,curtain bags too? 6 disc changer? power seat? split fold 3rd row? I mean as close to the options as one can get on a ex.

My bil will be looking at minivans this weekend. The best I can find on edmunds and carsdirect is about $2500 difference between the two. He is not as big on vsc as I am but after he drove my ody he wants to look at a sxt that has equippment as close as my ex and save at least 5 large. Maybe a different region?
    04 model end odys were leasing at $249/mo

it's low cause honda wants to rid of 04s as fast as they can
    My selling price was $8500 under MSRP. That was with employee pricing before the EP for everyone. $1k difference between invoice and EP. So, anyone should be able to get a T&C Touring or DGC SXT for at least $6k off, hopefully more. Maybe I'll scan some dealer ads from this Sunday's newspaper. Carsdirect and Edmunds TMV do not always show the best prices.

The following comparison has been done before. DGC SXT/T&C touring have similar feature equipment to the Ody EL. Ody has side bags, 6 cd changer, stability control, semi-auto climate, conversation mirror, 2nd row miniseat. DCX has driver knee airbags, 1CD & cassette, and power rear hatch (standard on T&C, $400 MSRP on DGC). Tradeoffs IMO except for the stability control for chick DCX vans cannot get. DCX vans have power drivers seat & 60/40 (more like 70/30) split folding 3rd row.
    You are leasing do you really know what your paying?? Whats the buyout at the end?? So now your gonna put your 6.5K off a lease into the bank?? Why would Honda lease a car for less money if they don't have too. Car companies are into making money(Well some of them). You sell it and lease it for as much as you can get! Even at 218.00 a moth that probably doesn't include tax + drive off you pay 6500.00 for a car for 2.25 years. And all you did is rent.

I state my selling price because that's what I could have purchased it for instead leased. $20k vs. $26.5k if I purchased an Ody EX. Leasing, I do not save $6.5k, nor would I put it into a bank. I can do better than 5% interest rate with anything I save right now.

I'd have to check with paperwork for the exact buyout price, but around $15.5k with the 40.5k estimated miles. MFR and/or credit agency is still making good money. $218 does include tax and I said I wrote a check for $550 when I took delivery. Did not trade anything in. That's the check I write every month. Actually, it is $278 for 1500miles/month with 15c/mi over 1000. That's $7500 paid for 40.5k miles. I've paid much more purchasing some vehicles and selling after 2yrs. Could I have purchased an Ody, put the same miles on it and sold it and pay out less money? Probably similar money, but cash flow/payment differences or investment opportunity as well as uncertain future value did not make sense for me. I don't want to turn this into a lease vs. buy thread. Sometimes leasing is more cost effective than buying. Lots of factors to consider.

BTW, I wrote a check for $2279 to a dealer a week ago to lease a 2005 Dakota for 2 years. That include TT and 1yr L. No payments on that for 24k miles, no commitment after that time. There was an extra $2k incentive over buying for lease loyalty in this example. Is is the best in its class? No. Is it exactly the vehicle I wanted or even my preferred equipment? No. But that's darn cheap transportation for 24k miles.
    tmv and cars direct are about $2k more than what I paid. i checked caravan prices paid forum and there are only a few postings and the ones who posted looked like they paid $21k for a base sxt with no options.
    Exactly...$19k + TTL. I am definitely on the high end as far as $$$$ of MSRP. I had a friend/engineer give me his EP discount last Dec, well before this summer's EP and EP+ promotions (that did away with some of the rebates). I got EP, rebates, finance and end of year $$$$, plus I needed tow package for me Popup RV.

I compare my SXT to a EX Oddy......it's give and take on some options. The SXT is the highest trim level available for the Dodge, the EX is mid level but they both have power doors, ABS, Al Wheels, decent stereo etc.. The tow package is a factory option on the DCX, while it's dealer option on the Honda.
    #1...forget the 6 disc changer, it's almost like buying an 8track player! plunk the $300 (guessing) down on an iPod and iTrip and have your entire CD collection at your finger tips!!! I know some GM models actually have to connector jack to directly plug the iPod into (vs transmitting via FM into car radio).

IMO...the SXT and EX are equals. In Detroit all Honda dealers sang the same song "STICKER STICK STICKER". The Dodge dealers were all over the place. As soon as I mentioned EP price, some didn't want want to talk rebates - which I knew I was entitled to. The one that was the most upfront with me got my business. I'd use Edmunds and carsdirect as a "stake in the ground" but nothing more.
    I use a cassete adapter for my sat radio in the van, which could be also used for an MP3 player.

Interesting fact: The 2006 Cadillac DTS has an aux input. Doesn't seem like the Ipod market to me.
    that must be a song only heard in detroit.

if you're not the first in line, I think most honda models today can be had for close to invoice. okay, maybe not the s2k
    I'd have to check with paperwork for the exact buyout price, but around $15.5k with the 40.5k estimated miles. MFR and/or credit agency is still making good money. $218 does include tax and I said I wrote a check for $550 when I took delivery. Did not trade anything in. That's the check I write every month. Actually, it is $278 for 1500miles/month with 15c/mi over 1000. That's $7500 paid for 40.5k miles. I've paid much more purchasing some vehicles and selling after 2yrs. Could I have purchased an Ody, put the same miles on it and sold it and pay out less money? Probably similar money, but cash flow/payment differences or investment opportunity as well as uncertain future value did not make sense for me. I don't want to turn this into a lease vs. buy thread. Sometimes leasing is more cost effective than buying. Lots of factors to consider.

Well drive it to 40.499K and enjoy. I usually keep a car almost 10years. Except the company cars I've had!! There are many factors to consider. Whats good for some is not for others. Some people want a new car every 3 year. Then leasing is cool. One mans trash is another mans treasure! Prices do vary by location and dealer. If I had a company car I would buy a DCX. Good basic transportation and a good price and the stow and go is good for people who do what I do! But I was buying for my family and the seats will be up. Plus my wife wanted something prissy, and I wanted something with a good road feel/safety features. So in the end if you got what you wanted for a price you think is good. There's no reason to argue. Sorry if I came off gruff!!
This discussion has been closed.