Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Dodge Ram Prices Paid and Buying Experience

satyr66satyr66 Member Posts: 11
SLT, 4.7, auto, 4x4 quad cab.

MSRP-----$32,700

Paid-----$26,400

Was an employee purchase

What an awesome Truck

Not one problem since I've taken delivery

Comments

• Options
    sundayduffersundayduffer Member Posts: 10
    Truck looks good with 20" wheels & tires. Picked it up Friday night put 200 miles on it so far looks like avg fuel is 16 mpg so far. Hope it will get up to around 18 or so after break in not to bad for 5,000 pounds of sheet metal considering my Hyundai Sonata ONLY got 25 mpg.

MSRP $26,720

Discount $4141
    Rebate $1500

Paid $21,079 + TTL only $2k more than the Dakota I was looking at. Alas the Dakota had the Infinity speakers and keyless that this one didn't, BUT this one has the room & speakers & keyless can be rectified when the Lo Jack goes in.

Ram Quad SLT w/ Lonestar Package, 4.7, auto
  • Options
    newramfannewramfan Member Posts: 22
    What is that? I've never heard of it. Wish I was getting that kind of mpg. I'm averaging 11 mpg over the last 3000 miles with QC Sport 2wd and 4.7l auto.
  • Options
    sundayduffersundayduffer Member Posts: 10
    Includes the 20" wheels, foglights, antislip, 3.92 for about $750 after package discount.
  • Options
    newramfannewramfan Member Posts: 22
    Oh! I guess that's what they call it on the SLT w/out sport pkg. Mine is a sport so that's why I had no clue. Thanks for the education.
  • Options
    brnzbkbrnzbk Member Posts: 33
    I've had mine for about 3 weeks, here's the details:
    SLT, 4WD, security pkg, 24G, P265 WOL, Premium seats, 3:55 anti spin, sliding rear window, standard chrome wheels, fog lights, towing pkg.
    Listed for $31600, paid $26400. After 1000K miles I'm averaging 14.8 mpg with 50/50 city and highway, . I absolutely love this truck.
  • Options
    JvodkaJvodka Member Posts: 5
    I didn't do as good as other posts

Sticker was $31,065.00
    dealer disc. 2,500.00
    rebate 1,500.00
    com. rebate 300.00
    -----------
    paid $ 26,765.00

The big problem was that they did not want to give me anything for my trade. We were going back and forth for about 2 Hrs before it came down to being $300 apart, I stood up and started heading for the door when they caved.
    So I got the NADA trade-in value for my truck which was a 2000 Silverado Ext. 4x4
  • Options
    brnzbkbrnzbk Member Posts: 33
    Many of the prices you see on this site are from all over the USA, a couple of hundred dollars is pretty much irrelevant when your buying a $31000 truck. I don't know where you bought your truck, but from what I've been seeing on this site you still got a very good deal. You will love this truck!!!

By the way, why did you trade a 2000 Silverado, did you have a lot of problems?
  • Options
    JvodkaJvodka Member Posts: 5
    I bought it in MA.
    Nothing wrong with the Silverado, Its just when the new dodge came out, it was love at first site. The real four doors, the totally new design.
    I had reservations since I had a bad experince with a Dakota years back. But I fiqured it was time to give dodge another shot.

I went over it with a fine tooth comb. This thing is flawless. And I have the 20" wheels which makes it that much more impressive.
  • Options
    fishwifefishwife Member Posts: 2
    4X4 SLT Quad,SportPckg,20"wheels,side airbags,60/40rear bench seat,tow package.
    $28,700
    So far, so good.
  • Options
    fishwifefishwife Member Posts: 2
    That doesn't sound like such a great deal compared to others so I guess I should add...
    Sticker Price - $36,100
    MSRP - $33,050
  • Options
    redramqcredramqc Member Posts: 4
    I got my '02 Quad Cab last week.
    Flame Red, 20" wheels, 3.92 axle, SLT, premium seats, cd player, keyless, 4.7 auto.
    Sticker was 27945, paid 24400. Not sure I got the best deal here, but I'm happy w/ it. Invoice was 25050 according to Edmunds.
  • Options
    b360b360 Member Posts: 6
    assuming these post all deal with 1500s?
    Here, local dealer has windshelds on 2500s priced
    26-27000.they look loaded, two tones ect.
    btw my 94 was around 17, time changes everything!
  • Options
    boardernhvn1boardernhvn1 Member Posts: 2
    I just ordered a new 2003 2500 diesel. They sure were happy to take my order. However, my So.California dealer was unsure of three minor things:
    1) If 20 inch wheels are available on the new 2500
    2) When will it come in.
    3) The price. They estimated the MSRP at $38,500.

Does anyone out there have any info on the 2003's 2500???
  • Options
    tirnaogtirnaog Member Posts: 2
    SLT 4x4 140"
    5.9l
    AutoTrans
    26G
    Image Group
    Protection Group
    Two pane Color {Forest Green}
    20" Wheels

Window Price: $33,565
    After Trade{4000} & rebates: $26,600

Love the ride and Jude my wife likes it too.
    I am in a pickup again :)
    Deasun
  • Options
    rlchapinrlchapin Member Posts: 4
    I just got back from the dealer. Needed a very basic truck. Drove all over this morning trying to drive a Chevy, GMC, Ford, Toyota. All the dealers had nothing that was interested in (basic truck). They had none or one (It is hard to get a good deal when they only have one). I was in heaven when I pulled into the Dodge dealer. They had about 10 basic trucks to choose from. So......

Sticker was 19850.
    less 2000 rebate
    less 300 commercial rebate
    less 1850 dealer discount (took about 2.5 hours)
    So price was 15700. I think I did pretty good.

I added in a bed liner after this for $261, I beat them up on this too, down from 289.
  • Options
    steveuk1steveuk1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Everybody I imported mine from Canada to the UK it's the SPORT model has the 5.9 engine leather seats 20" wheels cd keyless entry and it costs a fortune to run I am only getting 10mpg around town and at about $1.10 per litre I will always be poor but I love it. So think about us poor brits driving American metal we pay for our passion by the way I paid $40900 canadain thats about 26500 us
  • Options
    xtocakxtocak Member Posts: 5
    I just got a terrific deal on a diesel!!

2002 Dodge Ram 2500 4x4 Cummins HO Turbo Diesel Quad Cab
    6-speed manual transmission
    Light group
    Trailer tow package
    Convenience group
    Antispin
    Clearance Lamps
    Air Dam
    Total price (financed) including tax and licensing: $27388.00

Not bad!
  • Options
    xtocakxtocak Member Posts: 5
    I neglected to post a little more info.....

MSRP - $34,585.00
    Dodge Rebate - $2500
    Dodge E-Internet Rebate at their website $500
    Negotiated Discount - $2949
    Cash down payment - $1000
    Tax, title, license - $248
    Total amount financed - $27,388.00

The $500 E Rebate is only available on the 2500 and 3500 series only if you go the www.4adodge.com website and print out the coupon. Without it, there is no $500 available.
  • Options
    racerraulracerraul Member Posts: 1
    24g quick order option
    Southwest pkg, 4.7l 20"wheels w\ 3.92 anti-slip & Auto, overhead console, CD w\changer controls, Sliding rear window, premium cloth interior

23k-ish after all rebates 24,900 OTD.

Love the truck & can't wait to add a worthy stereo system & performance goodies...
  • Options
    goose1207goose1207 Member Posts: 113
    Will it be difficult for me to find the 4.7l V8 with the stick shift on dealer lots? Also, does anyone have the MOPAR aftermarket nav system installed in the 1500 quad cab? Thanks.
  • Options
    inukeu2inukeu2 Member Posts: 23
    goose,

You'll be hard pressed to find a manual on the dealer lot unless someone ducked out on a special order. I had to order mine but it was a painless process that allowed me to get EVERY option that I wanted.
  • Options
    goose1207goose1207 Member Posts: 113
    INUKEU2/Everyone:
    Do the dealers not discount as much when you order the vehicle as opposed to picking one off the lot? Also, have you driven the automatic? How does it compare to the 5spd?
  • Options
    inukeu2inukeu2 Member Posts: 23
    goose,

I can tell that you have thought about this a lot. I offered 2% over the kbb invoice BEFORE the rebates and got the price without any haggling. This was in mid January after the initial shock of the mayor was over. I wish I had gone lower than that. The dealership was eager to sell, and I said nothing about the dealer holdback which they gladly pocketed. They even went so far as to give me the loyalty discount to offset the advertising fee and I'd never owned a dodge before. The fact was that they wanted wanted to make $500 and I wasn't about to drive any of the loaded trucks they had on the lot. To answer your second question I did drive the automatic and it is smoooooth. It had plenty of power for the casual around town driver, but it ran out of wind when really pushed. I think I could still respect anyone for driving the auto but only if they ordered the 3.92 rear end. You'll need the torque to turn those big tires. Whatever you decide it's a great buy. You'll be happy no matter what but I knew that I would be happier with everything that I ordered. Good Luck.
  • Options
    jimpat65jimpat65 Member Posts: 4
    I have been pre approved for a loan for 24K and am hoping to find a dealer that I can get a QC 1500 4.7L that is not fully loaded, but has some of the nice upgrades. I have researched the invoices on various dealer sites and it looks like the truck I want has an MSRP of $30K. My hope is that with the 2K rebate and $1-$2 back for my trade I should be able to fit within my limit.

Does that sound right to this group? I have built this on Edmunds and it appears I am close.

Also, if anyone has purchased a sheel for the back of one of these who much do they cost?

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Options
    jimpat65jimpat65 Member Posts: 4
    Well, I just got back from the dealer and brought home my new truck. I think I got a good deal, but am sure I could have done better if I pushed. I read a lot on the negotiations board and tried to use some of the advice to get a fair price that I could live with. I think I did.

2002 QC 1500 4X2 140" WB
    Bright White Exterior
    Navy Blue Interior
    4.7L V8
    Premium cloth seats w/
    8 way driver
    60/40 rear
    Flat load floor rear
    Customer preferred Pkg 24G
    Trailer Tow Group
    Two tone paint
    Anti Spin differential
    Sliding rear window
    Keyless Entry
    AM/FM/CASS/CD w/ Infinity Speakers
    Steering mounted radio controls
    17 x 8 cast alum wheels
    Front Hood Shield

Sticker was $29,215
    Minus Rebate $2000
    Minus Trade In $1000

I got out the door for $24,500 including taxes, title, tags everything. That is $500 over my target, but my target was really for the price of the truck so I felt good to get the TTL also.

Jim
  • Options
    darthmayxjdarthmayxj Member Posts: 1
    1500 ST
    3.7 V6
    Automatic
    Cloth Seats.
    19150 Sticker
    Talked down to 16000 BUT Had a 2002 Sunfire that was wrecked and repaired to trade.......Upside down 3000. Payed 19100 For Truck....
  • Options
    youngeryounger Member Posts: 16
    I think that I just need a little convincing. I currently have a '01 Silverado 5.3 L. I love the truck except when I am loaded down or pulling my camper, 3000 lbs dry. I was looking at a 2002 Ram 2500 Ext. Cab with the Cummins SLT. I sat in the truck and loved the set up, not too mention the truck looks great. I wouldn't let myself drive it yet, as I am still debating the over expense. I do commute approx 250 miles per week, and hall the camper approx. 10-12 per year. Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

sy
  • Options
    slick1ru2slick1ru2 Member Posts: 6
    Extra Options being Rear Sliding window and automatic tranny.

Std equipment includes Cruise, CD single with changer controls, 4.7l Engine.

Just a few bucks over $24,000 (includes $1000 rebate) sticker being $27595.

Added a receiver hitch for $150 installed and a bug deflector for $87.
  • Options
    loncrayloncray Member Posts: 301
    To the gentleman thinking about the Ram to haul his camper - I just took delivery on my '03 2500 CTD HO QC - and I love it. It's got a ton of power and is the best-looking vehicle on the road. I don't think you'd have any problems hauling a 3000 pound camper (I presume you don't mean slide-in) - and you KNOW you're the best-looking thing out there!
  • Options
    cabowabo78727cabowabo78727 Member Posts: 2
    Hello loncray, May I ask how much you paid and what major options you have on your new 2500 CTD? Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    cabowabo78727cabowabo78727 Member Posts: 2
    Hello XTOCAK, I wanted to make sure the truck you listed the info. on was a 2002 and not a 2003 Ram 2500 4X4 QC. Please advise and thanks in advance.
  • Options
    Well, it was about $39.6k for everything. I got the Laramie package (which comes with about everything), the CTD HO, and 4x4. I think about the only things I didn't get were the side airbags, Sport package, and the heated seats. She came with the leather and the dual temperature controls and the rear load-floor (which has already come in handy) and the limited-slip rear. Oh, I also got the tow package. She's already been in for her first recall - a few CTD's came out of Mexico with loose fans so they're checking them all out - but mine was fine all along.
  • Options
    jeff186jeff186 Member Posts: 95
    The ads I've started to check by me seem to show that the best deals are available on regular cab pickups as opposed to the crew cabs. Guess the crew cabs are more popular? Anyone else notice this or I am seeing a mirage?
  • Options
    azrynoazryno Member Posts: 1
    I haven't received my dodge yet, it's supposedly on the train, but, I have been quoted a price of $500 over invoice, which I feel isn't all that bad. I will be paying $32,500.
  • Options
    tpeterso2tpeterso2 Member Posts: 2
    am working with dealer now.

Says Edmunds invoice price does not include a $500 regional advertising.

Is this fee legitimate????

Other wise he is selling:
    2003 Quad cap Ram 1500 SLT 2WD, Short bed for $26.4K with following options:

M9 Premium Seat-Cloth
    AHC Trailer Tow
    CVN Storage - Fold flat
    24G Auto Transmission
    DMH Axle Ratio: 3.92
    DSA Limited Slip Rear Diff.
    GXM Keyless Remote
    SCV Leather Steering
    WPG Wheel - 20" x 9"
  • Options
    Karen_SKaren_S Member Posts: 5,092
    Check the Edmund's FAQ for info about advertizing fees. Whether this fee is legitimate has been debated in Smart Shopper. This archived discussion may be of interest:

Dealers Advertising Fees

Hope this helps!

• Options
    jehalljehall Member Posts: 1
    Bought my Ram 1500 back in August 2002. Dealer had MSRP listed at $25,595. Just needed basic truck have two kids so did not want carpet, plus I do lots of outdoor activities. Truck has convience package for cruise/tilt, chrome wheels, rear-sliding window, automatic transmission. Walked out paying $20,900, which was cool because most online car sales listed it at $21,800.
  • Options
    03dodgeram03dodgeram Member Posts: 1
    2003 Ram
    Regular Cab
    4.7L
    4x4
    5-45RFE (I think that's the abbr.) Auto
    17x8 chrome-plated steel wheels
    265/70R17 Goodyear SR-A tires
    Under the rail bedliner, diamond plated rail protectors
    Cruise, tilt, CD player w/changer controls

Got the truck for invoice in the end. ($22,600). I had about $1200 rollover from my other truck, but I got the rebate, plus an extra $700 for my tradein and a 5yr/75000 bumper-to-bumper warranty.
  • Options
    yogi_bear_79yogi_bear_79 Member Posts: 2
    Had to order it today, since there were no 1500's with the old 5.9ltr to be had in the configuration I wanted.

03 Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4x4
    Atlantic Blue Pearlcoat
    5-45RFE Five-Speed Automatic Transmission
    Hemi(R) Magnum(R) 5.7L, V8 SMPI Engine
    3.92 Axle Ratio
    20" x 9" Chrome-Clad Aluminum Wheels
    Four-Wheel Disc Antilock Brakes
    Folding Flat Load Floor Storage
    Anti-Spin Differential Axle
    Remote Keyless Entry
    Fog Lamps
    Power Trailer Tow Folding Mirrors
    Sport Appearance Group
    Trailer Tow Group

Dealer invoice $30,770, MSRP $34,533
    Got it for $30k + Tax + Paperwork
  • Options
    bweavebweave Member Posts: 16
    Yogi, what is the delivery date for your truck?

thanks,
    bweave
  • Options
    yogi_bear_79yogi_bear_79 Member Posts: 2
    Looks like Mid January. Don't have a definate Delivery Date yet :(

They said 4-6 weeks, that means NTL 2ns Week In Jan
  • Options
    boardernhvn1boardernhvn1 Member Posts: 2
    Yogi, Nice Choice!!! Have you heard anything about the problem with the Hemi on the 20's. My dealer said they are delaying the 1500 Hemi with 20 inch wheels due to a calibration problem. He said after a few hundred miles the engine would start running horrible and needed to be re-calibrated. Therefore this So. Cal. dealer is only getting the Hemi with 17's in January. No word yet on when it will come in with the very nice 20's.
  • Options
    savage7savage7 Member Posts: 10
    Love the truck, bottom line. Purchased truck back in July 02 from a dealer in Dallas. Went to cars.com and built the truck I wanted and sent it to several dealers in the Dallas area. Grapevine Dodge returned my call and said they had my truck, come get it. I told them I only had a check for 25G (ended up OTD price of $25,800 as I agreed to $600 over what I wanted to pay and added front tinted windows and keyless entry at the dealer). They said come on down! This is what I bought ...

02 SLT 1500 4X4 4 door short bed, manual 5 speed 4.7 V-8 w/17" Goodyear tires, CD, keyless entry, Heated mirrors, tint all around, travel convienence package - trip computer (think it was the 24G group package)& 7/70 warranty (just missed the 7/100,000 mile warranty by two weeks).

I drive my truck on muddy lake roads; very impressed with handling and performance even w/the smaller V-8. 4x4 easy to use. Gas mileage varies between 15 and 19 MPG so far. Nice truck, love the pick-up in second gear!

Cars.com was a painless way to get the deal I wanted at the price I wanted to pay and the new Dodge dealership in Grapevine was awesome. Recently I saw a Lone star edition at a dealer north of Dallas advertising same thing for $23,889. Oh well, still happy, just don't have the lone star logo and 20inch dubs! Still Love that truck!
  • Options
    dpetersedpeterse Member Posts: 1
    I just got the truck home yesterday and I love it. It does have the 5-spd manual tranny so maybe thats why they put it on special for such a low price. It only has a couple of options, cast aluminum wheels, foglamps, overhead console, but it seems like the SLT already has about everything I wanted anyway. The dealer is Bryan Bickmore Dodge in Portland Oregon, and they have 2 left at this price.
  • Options
    mccoy6mccoy6 Member Posts: 2
    Received my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 with OffRode Package on 02 Jan 03:
    Had the following options SLT
    Trailer Tow
    Infinity Sound System with steering wheel controls
    Off Rode Package
    Premium Cloth Seats
    Security Package
    HEMI & Automatic 45RFE
    Sliding Rear Window
    After taxes, employee plan(thanks Mom & Dad for 51 years between the two of them)rebates of $2500 and the trade in of my Dodge Dakota 4x4 with the Magnum that had 161000 miles with no troubles of which they gave me $2000 and the $2000 I put down I walked out with the Truck of my Dreams for about $23000. Now this truck is worth more to me after driving off the lot then any Ford, Chevy or Toyota. Thanks Dad (in memory of Bob Williamson)
  • Options
    wtcmaswtcmas Member Posts: 2
    Picking it up 01/09/03..

Here's what I got:

Dodge Ram 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x4
    Alantic Blue Pearl Coat
    Premium Cloth
    5 spd auto
    3.92 Axle
    5.7L "HEMI"
    Sliding rear window
    Auto Dim rear view
    Fog Lamps
    Leather Wraped Steering Wheel
    20X9 Alum Wheels
    Hood Shield
    Under Rail Bedliner
    Formed floor mats
    Molded mud flaps

I paid 600 over invoice, and after rebates the final price was 28,400
  • Options
    mhall7mhall7 Member Posts: 1
    I am looking for the best price in the Toronto area for a 2003 Ram 1500 SLT Quad 4X4. I had my 2001 totalled 10 days ago and need to replace it.
    Has any body had a recent purchase at a great price?
    Oh yes, since the Hemi is an option this year, does anyone know the gas mileage it gets? I hear its better than the 5.7.
  • Options
    Dunno from new prices, but the Hemi IS the 5.7 - and is supposed to get better mileage than the old 5.9. That said, rumor is that the Hemi is not getting nearly the mileage it was supposed to - people towing have been getting under 10 mpg.
  • Options
    earl1z19earl1z19 Member Posts: 39
    I just got an 03' 1500 quad cab short bed with the following stuff
    4x4
    slt
    premium seat
    cd infinity sound with changer controllers
    sliding rear window
    3:55 axle
    auto
    bed liner
    towin pkg
    spot appearance group
    17" alim wheels
    owl goodyear tires.
    side impact air bags
    paid $26300 plus tax with $300 of mopar acessories
    How does that compare?
  • Options
    RickRRickR Member Posts: 4
    Carmax shows Ram 1500 QCs at over $7000 less than sticker, is that a real price?