Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Dodge Ram Prices Paid and Buying Experience

12345679»

Comments

• Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,142
    A reporter would like to speak to a loyal Ram owner who is shopping for a new truck. If you'd like to share your story, please send your daytime contact to [email protected] no later than noon PT/3 p.m. ET on Friday, 1/18/13.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

Did you buy a pickup truck recently? A reporter is looking to speak with recent truck buyers and how they made their decisions: Which brands did they consider? What did they trade in? And would they consider a different brand in the future? If you'd like to help the reporter with this story, please contact [email protected] by no later than February 5, 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? [email protected] - or send a private message by clicking on my name.

A reporter wants to learn how owners of the new Ram 1500 feel about the truck, and more specifically, how they like the rotary shifter. If you're interested in helping out, please shoot a note to [email protected] by Monday, April 15 2013.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR

• sshabajsshabaj Member Posts: 10
    Hello,

The best quoted price that I have gotten so far for a FULLY loaded ram 1500 sport crew cab with a sticker price of $51,340.00 is $579.00 a month with only first payment and $350.00 for DMW fees.
    So Total out of pocket would be less than $1,000.00. Please let me know if this is a good deal or if I can do better.

Thanks
  • vinnynyvinnyny Member Posts: 764
    edited April 2013
    A monthly payment and cash-out-of-pocket don't provide enough information to judge. It could be a great deal ($579 per month for 60 months) or a mediocre deal ($579 per month for 84 months). If you detail the equipment, MSRP, and finance terms, then people could probably help.
  • faroutfarout Member Posts: 1,609
    HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A 4X4 WITH THE 3.6 V6 ?
    The 4.7 is history as last week, the production stopped. As of now its the HEMI (can you say Hemi?) and the 3.6 V6. I am real close to buying the Lone Star Crew cab 4X4. The V6's are just really showing up about one or two at each dealerships. They seem to go pretty fast. But I really want to get some information fron someone that has one. I have seen the Towing comaprisons between the 5.7 and the 3.6 engines. Towing MPG was 10mpg with the 3.6 and 12 for the 5.7 But mpg without towing Ram says 23 with the 3.6 and 19 for the 5.7 I would not be towing, maybe three times a year with less than 3,000 #. I do put on about 2,000 miles a month. The 3.6 mpg might be worth while if it gets the mpg. So far I most always get what ever the Chrysler sticker says, the same for my jeep's and dodge trucks.

So if You have a 3.6 I sure would like some info from you.

farout
  • sshabajsshabaj Member Posts: 10
    Yes, It is a lease the sticker price/MSRP is $51,340.00
    Lease term is 36 months
    Its fully loaded. Has everything in it except the ram box and the 4 way hydrolic suspension
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    A reporter is looking to talk with a Texas resident who's in the market for a new pickup truck. If you're able to help, please contact [email protected] with your preferred contact info by Thursday, September 26, 2013.
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    edited September 2013
    Just bought my Ram 1500 3.6L SLT Crew Cab, 2WD. Only options were UConnect 8.4 and Luxury Group. Dealer added bedliner, window tint, chrome step-bars, K&N Filter, and nitrogen in tires. Sticker before these dealer items was $36,820. Paid $1300 in taxes and left for $33,400 after taxes, fees (no trade in). Dealer offers 6 free oil changes / tire rotations with purchase. No real haggling was involved, nobody tried the hard-sell of extended warranty, etc. I was pleased.
  • igozoomzoomigozoomzoom Member Posts: 801
    I’m seriously considering a 2013 RAM 1500 SLT Quad Cab 4x2, White w/ Gray Interior, V6/8AT and the only options are the “Premium Display Package”, 3.55 Rear Axle Ratio and Remote Single CD Player. It stickers for $33,480 and I have a written offer for $26,080 plus $66 tag/title fee and 6.5% TAVT Tax (in lieu of Sales Tax in Georgia) for an OTD total of $27,841.

The Premium Display Package adds a 7” Multiview Display in the Instrument Cluster, Integrated Voice Command w/ Bluetooth, Uconnect 5.0 AM/FM/BT, 5.0” touch screen display, Rearview mirror with microphone and 1-year of SiriusXM. It’s a nice package for just $465.

I was planning to buy a 2013 Ford F150 SuperCab STX until I read several reviews and they all said the RAM was the best of the V6 pickups- best fuel economy and best acceleration. I am very impressed…..
    2015.5 Volvo S60 T6 Drive-E Platinum, 2012 Mazda CX-9 GT
  • thegraduatethegraduate Member Posts: 9,731
    Sounds like a great deal! Go for it, you won't be disappointed. It's quiet, and offers plenty of power if you lay your foot into it. Stay out of it and it is pretty miserly. The premium display in the dash makes it easy to keep an eye on MPG.
  • saratogastevesaratogasteve Member Posts: 186

anyone purchase a Dodge Ram with the new V6? can you tell us how is performs? is the MPG as advertised? How's towing? and what did you pay for it? anyone?

• bayouwoodybayouwoody Member Posts: 1
    Can I really get 25 MPG with full size Ram1500????