Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedans

Comments

• nyccarguynyccarguy Member Posts: 16,373
    When I drive cars, one thing I judge them by is their comfortable driving speed or "natural loafing sweet spot" as you so nicely put it. According to me, it is the driving speed at which the car "feels" just right driving at. Not full throttle, where's the fire, my wife's water just broke, and her contractions are 2 minutes apart driving.

My Prelude feels perfect at 75, even though the tach needle is over 3K. Anything over that and I feel I'm driving the Prelude "fast,"

My former TSX felt just right at 80. Which seems logical given that it is heavier than my Prelude, has more sound deadening material, and an actual overdriven 5th gear.

I've had the BMW up at 90 for a few brief moments and the car was as you and my wife have pointed out is "scary fast." The car is just inceredibly planted at speed.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,435
    Price is big to me. An unfortunate side effect of being poor! If I only figured out 20 years ago how much I could have saved getting 2 puppies instead of having kids...

anyway, that is why I have fully embraced the mantra: depreciation is your friend! Assuming you aren't the first buyer. the couple of CPO 328i models I found last week (a 2008 and a 2009) were going to cost about what a load up Focus would, or a mid-level Camry. IOW, affordable, and a very realistic alternative to brand new.

Though I still want to see a Dodge Dart in person!

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

Stickguy - you don't want a Dodge Dart. I don't care how much of a guised up Alfa Romeo it is. It happens to look great in the pics I've seen. It's not a BMW.

Just a personal note about those '08 & '09 CPO 328is (plural). Some of the '09s came with these 16" wheels standard. They look small on the E90 IMHO.

My Mom had an '08 328xi for 3 years & almost 60K miles. Not only was it a great car to drive, but absolutely bulletproof.

2001 Prelude Type SH, 2022 Highlander XLE AWD, 2022 Wrangler Sahara 4Xe, 2023 Toyota Tacoma SR 4WD

• kdshapirokdshapiro Member Posts: 5,751
    There is a refinement in the BMW not present in the G. Only you can decide if that is worth it to you.

@nyccarguy - congrats. It is gorgeous. Makes me really miss by ex-BMW. My G cannot match the smoothness of my ex-BMW. HP ain't everything.
  • sweendogysweendogy Member Posts: 1,310
    Agree the refinement is something for sure. I'm sure the new BMW 3 for 2012 should help the dated interior and nav setup, as others have pointed out. Audi continues to excel at interiors and is the standard for the class for such. The 25% or more msrp difference is Hard to ignore for the 335 vs g37- (please dont argue with me - ive priced them option for option) and even the msrp for the 328 balloons to 50k. I think NyC did a great job getting the deal on a great car- and I wish him well and I hope to see him on the Merritt one day.
    My argument has never been the g as a better car- but a better value for a lot of the same things the BMW does. The g or Acura might never be the top pick for car and driver mag, or the "true driver"- but in consumer reports they have consistently ranked better. An unbiased news rag with no advertising support- I think the true driver, a person who wants the true sport and performance is going to get the 335 or 328 - with sport and stick. Other then that set up these cars in this class are very close regardless of price. -
  • flightnurseflightnurse Member Posts: 2,217
    There is a difference between comparing two cars and mentioning cars. No were are you going to find anyone comparing a mustang (Boss 302) to a BMW.

Now I would love to add the Chrysler 300C to the list, after having one for 8 days I have to say for the price you get a lot for your money. When the 8 spd auto goes into the car for MY 2013 this will be a car that will give Infiniti and BMW a run for their money...
    edited April 2012
    I don't understand the first paragraph - but agree the chryster has made major strides in a short period. Nice job flight - your back
    Hey Stick I agree with you to a point regarding depreciation. Price is a relative thing, if I couldn't afford a new BMW, yes, I would go for a CPO BMW, but I keep my cars longer then most, currently I have no plans on selling my 05. If I had to sell one of my BMW the 2011 is a goner.

My partner hasn't made up is mind what car he wants, he was edging towards a 535i, I was sort of pushing towards a 740i (same engine with 15+ more hp.) But he started looking at used A7s he is looking at price (trying to save some money.) So who knows what we will buy, but for him price is playing a factor.
    Sweeny the reason why you don't understand the first paragraph is simple, it was directed at you comparing a Jeep to a BMW...

With the 8 spd coming to 300C, the might G will have major competition in the best bang for the buck. For under 40K the 300c will be a major player. Just as long as Chrysler doesn't program the 300c to go into "eco" mode so quickly even BMW will have to watch out.
    edited April 2012
    And your back to the defensive norm- if you follow the posts my comment again was for stick guy saying the 328xi autonwas scary fast in the real world- and I responded with saying the jeep was almost as fast - but it's a jeep, thats the point -

Fun odd fsct- Jeep and the c300 share the same parent - please give us updates on when to expect the 8speed auto becomes available.
    Kdshapiro - Thanks my man! I just love the car and cannot say enough good things about it. Haven't heard from you in a while & glad you are still here!

BTW men - I turned 36 today!

• m6userm6user Member Posts: 3,181
    Gee, didn't know Chrylser was a luxury brand. Never see it mentioned in the rags as such. Since the Chrysler 200 is the "entry-level" Chrysler and can have the same engine as the 300, I guess one could make an argument that the 200 should be part of this discussion. Wait, isn't that the remake of the acclaimed Sebring? That will never do.

It seems like anytime someone drives a car with leather, some power and decent driving attributes they think it's ELLPS. Use some discretion folks. The 8spd is offered in the Charger. Again, leather, decent handling, 8spd tranny and good power from a v6. Should it also be ELLPS?

Personally, I think there is more to being a luxury brand than nice leather. Including driving experience, styling that holds up over time, amenities, cutting edge tech, customer service, warranty, dealer experience and overall quality of components. I don't think Chrysler is there yet....maybe a couple of pieces but not the whole pie.
    happy birthday. Keep enjoying that early present.

I was 36 once. A long time ago. A real long time.

I have a birthday in a few weeks, but it is much more renowned than 36 (as a milestone!)

I love Alfa's, I had a GTV-6 for a short period, the music the engine made was so Ferrari like however, like all Italian Cars, if they are not kept up as far as service they are a nightmare to keep running. However, I would have to assume that the modern day ALfa's are not of the old, much more derivable and much less a problem. I'm for once waiting to see what the new Dart will look like in person and drive.. Hoping that National will get them as rentals I would have to give it a try.
    I am not the one who continues to write comments about how wonderful the G is over the 3 Series. In fact your G is very dated compared to the 3 series. Your comment about dated interior and Nav in the new MY 2012 shows you do not have first hand knowledge of the car.

Go buy a new G37 then talk about how wonderful it is, stop reading the mag's and coming off as an expert.
    NYC - thx. Life takes over. Happy birthday to you. This particular discussion is probably the best on the interwebs. Now stay out of the cops radar. :)
    edited April 2012
    I really can't agree with your post. BMW makes the better sports sedan and has great tech. And while the g is certainly due for a refresh, it is a great car in its own right.

The nav is very good, tech in the car is good. It's an acceleration monster and really hugs the road. The wood trim gives the interior a very classy look. Cup holders stink, but I love the electric telescoping steering wheel. Highway mileage is decent, trunk is roomy. I love that hids are standard. And I have all the goodies for a measly 45k. Bt integration is awesome, and the Bose is good. Non sport seats are comfortable.

So while I love bmws, the g37 is not an also-ran and in almost every comparo, comes in second for good reason. I tested out the awd system during that freak October storm and I was impressed.

As i started out this post, the g is a fine car in its own right.
    Fact, I never talked about the Chrysler 200, all of my comments have been regarding the 300C.

Fact, the only LX car NOT to have the 8 spd for MY 2012 is the V8 cars, whether they are Dodge or Chrysler, that will change for MY2013 when all LX cars will get the new 8 spd auto.

Fact, Chrysler was the Luxury division, granted they suffered in the past, but I can state things have gotten better, and yes, they should be in the ELLPS. The feel of the leather, switches, steering, handling and the closing of the doors have a great feel to them, if you haven't driven one then it is hard to make comments about the cars.
    Sweeny wrote, " Fun odd fsct- Jeep and the c300 share the same parent - please give us updates on when to expect the 8speed auto becomes available."

This makes no sense, the Nissan Versa and Infiniti G37 are from the same parent too, so when we can expect the Versa to get a V6 option?
    Upscale vs luxury. My local Chrysler dealership is not in the same league as my local lexus dealership.

Do all manufacturers who put leather seats in their vehicles belong in this discussion?
  • graphicguygraphicguy Member Posts: 13,665
    kd....if Chrysler slapped an Imperial badge on the 300 would that make it a worthy candidate for this discussion? Not disagreeing with you, only that, at the very least, I've heard Chrysler execs state that the 300 IS their luxury offering.

flightnurse and nyc....I'm with you on the 0-60 thing. If that was the end all to beat all, then this discussion would only be about Mustang GTs/Boss/KC, Camaro SSs, Charger/Challenger RTs and 'Vettes.

Then again, as we all know, nothing really competes with a G series, regardless of the parameter you use......well, except maybe a Jeep.
    ;)
    2023 Honda Accord Hybrid Touring
    Graph and Flight- please put the BMW blinders away-- I think everyone here can agree the BMW is the best in class car-- but if you include Price its got some serious competition-- and since this is ELLPS you have(i think ive said this now 25times) to include price- 0-60 time and HP should be included as well as they are very important to the overall package-- as ive mentioned bmw has many advantages - but price is not one of them- 25% more for a car is a huge chunk to pay for a similar car-- is the premium worth it, thats the question- and in my eyes and others that are owners of LEXUS IS, G37, TL - its not. Again if you equip a 328xi maxed out its 50k-- a 335xi gets you over 55k- others top out at 42-45k-- huge diff and need to be factored in.
    KD, then the TSX shouldn't be here either since its an accord made fancy. Or in JDM the G is far from a luxury car.

Once again, have driven the new Chrysler 300c? I think I know the answer already. I dont think you have, so why are saying that the 300c shouldn't be here if you have no first hand knowledge of the current 300c?
    I thought the concept was more about the cars, but it is sounding now like the dealership is a big part of it? But to me, that is far down the list. I don't expect to spend any time there anyway (after buying it!). So if they have a clean, drive in, well organized service area, good to go! THough I guess a loaner car would be nice, but again, how much do you want to pay for that?

As to the cars themselves, I would discard the 300C since it is a FS barge. And if you are including that (maybe even if not), why isn't the Hyundai Genesis included? Simply because you have to go to the Hyundai dealer to get one?

edited April 2012
    I think the TSX is the classic definition of an entry level sedan within a lineup of models. While it may not have the cache, I don't see why it's not an ELLPS. Acura markets it as a sporty vehicle.

No, I haven't driven the 300, but what should be litmus test for including an ELLPS in this category. It has to be more than leather seats. :)
    edited April 2012
    1. I never said you mentioned the 200. I simply stated if you want to include the 300c, then LOGICALLY the 200 should also be included as that is the "entry-level" offering from your so called luxury car division....Chrysler.

2. I realize the 8spd is only offered on the V6 now. That is why I mentioned that the 200 can have the same engine as the 300, the v6.

Please read posts more carefully.

If marketing jargon is the criteria for inclusion then many manufacturers would be discussed here. One doesn't have to drive every car made to know that certain manufacturers and certain cars shouldn't be included here. There are many ways to determine through magazines, auto shows, dealer showrooms, etc. and the test drive is just one factor(albeit a major factor). There are many aspects as to what makes a luxury car and carmaker and, yes, it does include the dealer experience. Go to your local Chysler/Dodge dealer and see how it compares to a BMW or Lexus dealer and honestly report which ones feel like a luxury carmaker and which one doesn't.

However, everything I say is based on the premise that the cars discussed here are supposed to be from what is commonly as a luxury carmaker. If that is wrong and it just depends on any one members perception of what a luxury car is without regard to brand, size, price than I will stand corrected.
    Good post- I especially agree that he should read the posts more carefully.
    Just to elaborate on pricing a little bit. If BMW didn't have this crazy factory backed lease program + $2500 rebate + making the 1st 2 payments, I'm still driving the TSX. The BMW is expensive. My 328xi had an MSRP of just over $44,000. That also includes a whole heap of standard features and "no cost options" BMW put in the car because it was the end of the E90's run. For comparison, my Mom's (former) 2008 328xi had less equipment than my 2011 328xi yet had an MSRP of over $46,000.

When my lease is up, I'm going to have to make a decision. I'm obviously going to drive an F30 (4 cyl 3 series), but I think with similar equipment to my 2011 will be priced out of my league. The IS is going to be all new. The G37 is going to be all new. MB might get some sense knocked into it and offer the C350 with 4matic.

I might not like any of these and want to buy my 2011 back from BMW or buy a similar 2011 328xi CPO with 25,000 or 30,000 miles (instead of the 50K mine will have).

Yeah man- I know and rooted for you to get a great deal on the search and you did. For the price you paid I think throws my cost agrument out the window- its a great deal on a well equipped car. Like you pointed out most are not going to get such a deal- I would bet the 2012 are going close to list because of the new body.
    Landscape should change a bit and it's going to be interesting to see what happens with this new Caddy as well- looks like a power player on paper.
    While I don't think other cars mentioned here should be officially added to the list here, there is no shame in discussing them. We've got a pretty steady following of regulars here and everyone's opinion is weighted equally. I know if flightnurse says the 300C is a nice driving car, he's not just talking about the fact that it has leather seats.

If when my lease is up, I can get into a G37 with 100 more horsepower for $100 a month less or $50 a month less on a lease, then I'd most certainly go for it. If MB offers up the serious "conquest cash" that they did last year for the C - Class and I can drive one for less than my current 328xi, I'll drive a Mercedes (C350 4matic).

In 30 months, I might not exclusively shop this ELLPS class either. I might dig the X1 or a CPO X3 with the N55... Who knows.

For now I LOVE MY BMW 328xi!

edited April 2012
    I Agree that the 300c and the c300 should be mentioned, yes i agree with flight, even when he asks for my age but doesnt respond why he needs it,don't be shocked. I'm a firm believer that dealership experience means little certainly given the cars we talk about here - they should be low maintence and most are- sure some try to bait you with free maintence programs for free wipers and oil changes but most of these cars should not see the dealerships for more then a couple of oil changes for the first few years. I think the most important thing you can get from a dealer is a good deal on initial price. Flight has a point we should look further and this 300c could be a BMW competitor in the future- a value leader as he once said even thou it's classified as full size and cars to the right are midsize at best. I am not a firm believer that an 8 speed transmission means anything at all but the guy has his Performance views and I guess a strong 8 speed is one of them.
    I think his statement has more value then others talking about m3s or Porsches that are clearly out off the category all together.
    Let's not forget that Edmunds is very topic oriented, am I'm not being the forum police here. Anybody is certainly free to go to the News And Views board and create the thread of their choice to discuss whatever is related to the auto world.

Don't forget all of these cars have some competition on almost every level and some marquees, e.g. Hyundai produces the genesis and equus, which some may say are luxury cars, but the dealerships don't pass the litmus test of a luxury dealership. Neither do Chrysler dealerships. Especially if one uses Lexus as the benchmark.

Maybe this particular thread has outlived it's usefulness due to the changed landscape of the auto world.
    kd....outlived its usefulness? Not so certain about that. The names may have indeed changed. But, the market segment is still alive and vibrant (luxury sport sedans/coupes).

nyc....BMW does indeed discount their cars pretty heavily....especially with lease subsidies. I think I got $7K+ off on mine (including a hefty $2,500 rebate). You got almost as much off with the addition of favorable money factors and residuals.

This is not distressed merchandise. They are "best in class" vehicles.

That blunts things as far as making that financial commitment.

That said, if I was staring at a ~$50K '12 328i, with a 4 cyl, with little to no discount, I'd be moving down the road into something else, for certain.

I've tried to warm up to Mercedes a few times, both C and E class. I can not do it. For the life of me, I can't see the appeal....especially for the price. They don't do one thing that's better than the competition.

To add insult to injury, you can get a Chrysler 300C, which has a honkin' hemi, that rides and handles about the same as an E Class with a 6 cyl. And, it has better tech features. So, maybe the 300 does belong here.
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    "I've tried to warm up to Mercedes a few times, both C and E class. I can not do it. For the life of me, I can't see the appeal....especially for the price. They don't do one thing that's better than the competition."

I bought a '12 C350 in November. Drove other ELLPS's. The Benz was the clear winner. I'm a car enthusiast for many decades, read C&D, and know BMW's reputation. Was quite surprised how much I didn't like the BMW. Interior was bad, very bad, looks the same for the past 10 years. Driving was nothing special, the salesman encouraged us to drive very quickly around his route which included a traffic circle as well as interstate. Just didn't do it for us.

The MB handled much better and rode better and was better in every regard. We would have bought an A4 well before a BMW. It's really personal preference. We got the C350 for $43k out the door with 18's, keyless go, no NAV. Most features are standard on the 350 such as upgraded sound system.

I do like the way BMWs look. There are way too many on the road now - I see more of them than Accords. The interior and driving dynamics - not so much.
    Hello wireless! Welcome to the BMW 3 Series Rules The Universe, I mean Entry Level Luxury Performance Sedan board. Congrats on your C350. I'm glad you are enjoying it. It is a beautiful car. It's also got a ton of standard features. So much so that I don't know why anybody would consider a "loaded up" C250 because it gets to the same sticker price very easily.

Just curious as to where you live. In many of our necks of the woods here, we like to have our ELLPS fitted with some sort of AWD system. MB only offers the C300 w/ 4Matic AWD.

Which 3 series did you drive? Did you drive the C250 & C350?

Thanks for sharing about your C350.

• andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    been seeing and earning a lot of black dots lately.
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
  • qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,889
    What does that mean? Is that a CR thing?

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• dino001dino001 Member Posts: 6,162
    Yes, full black dot is "significantly below average" in a given category (they have aroun 15) for a used car of a given year.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Lesson learned, pay heavy premium get the free maintence program for 4 years, enjoy the ultimate driving machine, but trade it back in before warrantee is up or it will be the ultimate repair bill.
    So what do they show for an '08 335/135? :blush:

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

BMW sells a lot of cars. Maybe their target market doesn't read CR. :blush:
  • wirelesswireless Member Posts: 47
    Yeah I know what you mean about a loaded up C250 - they have those in the dealership for just shy of $50k. Beautiful cars if you wanted loaded up everything and I think the gas mileage is a little better.

Personally I wouldn't mind the smaller engine as much as the turbo. Just don't trust the long-term reliability of turbos. Have heard bad things about the Audi's and VWs ("cripplingly expensive to repair").

My wife said get a powerful engine and, man, who could argue with that? :)

I live in NC so no need for AWD. I heard the C350 AWD drive will be out soon though.

Getting ready to leave on an 8-hour trip in a few minutes... in the Toyota Minivan Argggggggg!!!
    I only know I don't. ;)

kd....never been a CR fan. Their flaw is they tell their readership what their reliability should be, and they respond accordingly. That's why Hondas have been at the top of their lists for so long. On top of that, they only grudgingly took Lexus/Toyota off of their "recommended" list when they were going through the unintended acceleration fiasco. Even though Toyota was exonerated, CR had no reason to pull them from the recommended list, other than public opinion.

So, if a BMW is thought to be problematic, regardless of the facts, CR rates them as such. Perception is reality is CR's world.

I agree with you. I doubt CR sells many subscriptions into the BMW market.

For decades, they put different values on cars than those of us in here do. In CR's world, everyone should be driving a Camry, Corolla, Civic or an Accord.

I haven't read their mag in 15 years. When I did read their rag, I didn't find one thing about their ratings and opinions I agreed with. I just hear people in these sorts of threads talk about them.
    edited April 2012
    Even though Toyota was exonerated, CR had no reason to pull them from the recommended list, other than public opinion

Too much conspiracy theory, IMHO. It is actually much simpler. Besides acceleration fiasco, Toyota was actually going through a quality dip during mid-to-late '00. It was related to their goal of being No. 1 in sales, catching a moderate case of GMnitis, absorbing too many new suppliers too quickly and attempting too aggressive pricing cuts to meet the points (and sales quotas). The acceleration thing was just the apex of the process. Regardless whether the issue was real or imaginary (pedal was real and they kicking and screaming admitted it, electronics may have been imaginary) , CR simply noticed what people did - their new spanking Camries and Lexuses (Lexi?) were NOT as reliable as the previous ones. They had no choice, but take them off that "automatic recommendation" list. BTW automatic recommendation really meant that if a new model tested well enough to get positive review, they would not wait for the reliability data to recommend it, as history of previous models had a consistent track record of good reliability. Toyota simply lost that streak. There are plenty of models that have good reliability, but are not recommended due to lower score in tests and vice versa - good score, but reliability below average, or "New/no data".

It is all consistent. One can dispute their ratings (they tend to focus things that enthusiasts simply don't care about and other items that are very important to the enthusiasts get low weight in their score), also their reliability survey method can sometimes be disputed, as well. I just don't exactly believe in conspiracy that the results are predetermined. BMW 3-series is usually "in or out", depending on the year, point in the cycle. They usually get top ratings in their category (so even CR likes them as ELLPS), but the recommendation is occasionally withheld, when the survey data shows consistent issues with significant repairs, regardless whether paid by the owner, or in warranty.

BTW, Honda is going through similar crisis today as Toyota did in late '00. It is not related to reliability, but to overall design/quality feel. The new civic is such a flop (not in real terms, vs. expectations and competition progress) that Honda decided to accelerate the refreshing cycle.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

edited April 2012
    For decades, they put different values on cars than those of us in here do. In CR's world, everyone should be driving a Camry, Corolla, Civic or an Accord

That is not entirely accurate. They place vehicles in different categories. It just so happens that small and midsize sedans are most known and followed by people, hence Camry or Corolla. They have other categories, too and occasionally test them. BMW 3-series consistently wins its own class (sporty upscale sedan) in terms of points, it even sometimes gets recommendations, which it can later lose due to reliability data. Same often happens to Passat - it very often is on top of the ratings, but it does not get recommended due to reliability. Then Camry/Accord step in, as being half-notch below, but with better record.

They do not say "you should buy ..., period". They say, "If you want a familly sedan below $30K, you should buy...". Big difference.

In other words, their criteria and values are not as different as yours, but they use a two-stage evaluation process. Step one is the car merrits, as what pertains to its category. You score above certain threshold, you become a candidate. Step two is reliability data. It just so happens that those darlings of ours also happen to be more prone to failures than those more hum-drum offerings of others.

2018 430i Gran Coupe

Sweeny to set record straight In a posting that was pulled by the host, I responded why I asked your age.
    I haven't read their mag in 15 years.

Yeah, I'm going to take your perception as reality. Got any proof that people filling out their surveys are just lambs led to slaughter and who can't seperate fantasy from reality? Gimme a break.
  • Kirstie_HKirstie_H Administrator Posts: 11,145
    CR isn't for enthusiasts. BMW drivers tend to be enthusiasts; therefore, CR isn't for BMW shoppers. I doubt anyone wondering whether they should or shouldn't get a BMW bothers consulting CR.

It's more for items where there isn't a wide array of difference in performance and options - say, toasters. Toasters have one job - to turn bread that isn't toast into toasted bread. Some may do it a bit faster or more evenly, and may last longer, but that's about all there is to rate.

MODERATOR /ADMINISTRATOR
    Need help navigating? kirstie_h@edmunds.com - or send a private message by clicking on my name.
    Share your vehicle reviews

KD interesting point, however, Hyundai has an interesting approach when it comes to the Equus. If you want to look at one and are serious, the Hyundai dealer will bring the car to you whether it is at home or the office, so you don't have to walk into a dealership. If and when it comes to service, Hyundai will come and pick up the car from you, with a loaner car. Hyundai knows that if they want to be taken seriously they have to play different. I also like the fact that the Equus's owners manual are on a iPad that comes with the car. Again, thinking outside the box.

I believe the Genesis is a luxury car, for Hyundai. For the size, equipment and, price they have a great product. Give then another year or two and I truly believe they will be a big player in the luxury car market.

People laughed at Acrua, Lexus and Infiniti when they started and today, we have people who do nothing but praise them like they are gods.