Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Honda Odyssey vs Dodge/Chrysler minivans

Comments

• artgpoartgpo Member Posts: 483
    I don't care what is posted on the other borad. I religiously check my gas mileage. I get 22 in average driving: 50% city, 50% freeway, and 28 on the highway at 70 mph.

"The 2008 T&C and Grand Caravan will blow the Ody away." As my pappy used to say "You can't polish a turd".
  • dennisctcdennisctc Member Posts: 1,168
    I am still waiting for you in the curvy off-ramp with your Sedona. It would be very delightful for me to embarrass you there as I have done to so many other minivans.

In the minivan class, the Ody rules in performance. By the way, some of my other family cars include a CTS-V, and a Maxima. My son just purchased a BMW 550i and also drives his in-law's M-B SL500, all new models. These are perfomance leaders in their own car class. You have to intelligently compare apples to apples, not car to minvan. In the minivan world, the Ody rules - many sources would support that, not just the average owner here.

Just gimme your vehicle license plate so that I would know when we are both exiting the ramp together. It would be a delight to have see/have you smell hot air from my (Ody) behind. LOL!

That's exactly why I bought my minivan, to act like an idiot on off ramps, endanger sensible drivers, and to show how my 1.4 sec 0-60 time is so vastly superior to all others!!! Somehow racing on exit ramps doesn't sound all too intelligent to me, especially in ANY minivan. Sounds like something a 16 year old would do.
    I don't care what is posted on the other borad. I religiously check my gas mileage. I get 22 in average driving: 50% city, 50% freeway, and 28 on the highway at 70 mph.

Love this recent post on Ody problems:

Spent the better part of a day killing time while the SUV guzzeled up gas, even worse milage than the van, but not by much.

Guess this guy's Ody is in dealer...typical scenario these days.
  • coltswincoltswin Member Posts: 17
    Among others ... before you buy an Ody.
  • jipsterjipster Member Posts: 6,244
    "what I remember most after driving them back to back was I can't see a significant difference except price.""

I remember thinking the same thing dennis. After reading about how great the Ody was and it's sporty handling....I expected it would be like getting inside a Ferrari. Drove as well, but not better, than every other minivan I test drove.

Perhaps, I didn't take it on enough hairpin curves at 80mph as mac suggests? ;)
    2020 Honda Accord EX-L, 2011 Hyundai Veracruz, 2010 Mercury Milan Premiere, 2007 Kia Optima
  • hayneldanhayneldan Member Posts: 657
    Finally has indicated he owns a Odyssey EXL which he compares with a rental T & C LX. He compares a 26K (MSRP) T & C 3.3 V6 with a 30K 3.5 V6 (MSRP) Odyssey. Wow! what a fair comparasion. Wonder why he went for a EXL instead of the lower cost LX Odyssey?
    I know there is a certain non-profit consumer magazine the DCX folks like to slam but check out the frequency of repair numbers for both Odyssey and DCX. The DCX has dropped way down in quality (was it ever there?) while the Odyssey maintains its high quality.

latest CR report I've seen rates them identical? Much more of an improvement than "dropping down".

The facts are my friends that American consumers are leaving GM, Ford and Chrysler behind in droves and buying Honda, Toyota, Hyundai and Kia because that is where the quality and reliability is. If Kia can get it why can't DCX or GM?

I'm always skeptical with "facts", especially when no numbers or information is provided....just opinion!!

If you look at Sales....DCX is kicking butt, even in Minivans. I'd have expected more from the highly touted Ody...brand new design etc....it's up but no where near plant capacity.
  • day9day9 Member Posts: 57
    These numbers sound too good to be true. Wondering how do you calculate mpg?
    GM, Ford and Chrysler were all DOWN last month with Toyota and Honda up 10%. Where do you get what you try to pass off as facts?

Yes, I own an EX-L. I never made it a secret. So, your beloved DCX is only good if its sticker price is above that of my Odyssey? The LX Odyssey rides the same as the EX.

In October, 2004, I was selected by a marketing research company to do a consumer test of four minivans. At that time I owned an '03 Silhouette with no intention of trading. The four vans I drove, all top of the line, fully optioned out with less than 500 miles on the odometer were: Relay, Grand Caravan, Freestar and Odyssey. There was no comparison, the Odyssey was way above the other four. The only one to come close in ride quality was the Relay. Since my Olds was a reliable rattle trap, there was no way I would buy another GM van. The Ford was just junk. It sounded as though it was about to fall apart. The Chrysler was just barely ok. When I got home later that day I told my wife that the Old's days were numbered and that an Odyssey was in my future as it was a year later. I had no axe to grind and no preconceived notions about any of the vans I drove that day. I was excited by the prospect of being able to evaluate these vans one after the other. I had to go over ever feature, including Stow and Go, sit in every seat and then give a grade to each feature. While I was driving a monitor rode along and asked my opinions of each feature. All the questions were the same for each of the four I drove. I remember that I gave the Odyssey highest marks in every category with all others far behind.

I have owned seven new minivans: '83 Vanagon; '87 Nissan Van; 90 Trans Sport; '93 Grand Caravan; '97 Windstar' 03 Silhouette and now an '06 Odyssey. Never buy another VW, Nissan or Chrysler van as all were just junk. I did buy two GM vans but never another until their QC, fit and finish improve. There are only 4,000 miles on the Odyssey but so far, I am happy.
    latest CR report I've seen rates them identical? Much more of an improvement than "dropping down".

From CR: The owner satisfaction of Odyssey 78%, DCX 58%. Since CR is a copyright publication I cannot reprint but they are down on DCX. Read the March, 2005 issue, the latest minivan review. The only two vans CR recommends are Odyssey and Sienna. CR no longer can recommend DCX because their frequency of repair has dropped way off.

I do not mind debating facts but I cannot debate misrepresentation of fact.
  • macakavamacakava Member Posts: 775
    I tend to buy the best performing vehicle in its class, whether it is my minivan and car, because I enjoy driving energetically and the performance of a great handling vehicle. Of course I have a minivan in the family for the practical applications I need it for. In the minivan class, the choice is obvious for those mechanical perfomance features. Even though I drive energetically, I have never been in an accident in my 30+ yrs of driving - my family and friends says that my driving reflexes and instincts are extremely fast to allow me to do so.

Of course I have come across drivers of all sorts in all vehicles categories. Some drive so lethargically that you could swear that they have one foot in the grave already. For those folks, the DGC would be the best economical choice. An Ody would be under utilized for its superior mechanical performance. Maybe that describes you very well?
  • fljoslinfljoslin Member Posts: 237
    That's exactly why I bought my minivan, to act like an idiot on off ramps, endanger sensible drivers, and to show how my 1.4 sec 0-60 time is so vastly superior to all others!!!

I have vivid memories of impending peril trying to get my 1992 Grand Caravan up to highway merging speed when I lived in St. Louis. I would even avoid some ramps in favor of others where I had a better opportunity to get to a safe merging speed without flogging it too too hard. I blew up the water pump on one particular merge trying not to be run over by a semi. The same engines (slightly massaged) that were available in 1992 are still being used on the DC vans. I feel that adequate acceleration is critical for safe driving and Honda beats the DC 3.8's and kills the 3.3's in this field.
    If you are trying to merge with a semi bearing down on you and you have no choice but to get on it you want everything that you can get and Honda gives you more. This is not about racing, but safe driving
  • bobw3bobw3 Member Posts: 2,989
    Not that I have any particular interest one way or another, but if you can get a DCX for $23K and an Odyssey for almost $29K, that's a $6K difference. I like to keep cars a long time (8-10 years), so I don't worry about depreciation, but over the long haul, do you think that the DCX will have at least $6K more in repair costs? If now, then the DCX would be a better value to me.
  • sebring95sebring95 Member Posts: 3,241
    We have a short/very steep hwy onramp we use daily. The Ody with a full load can get to about 80mph with full acceleration. 65mph with more reasonable foot. It's nice to have when you get toward the top and a sea of traffic is bearing down on you. Our previous family cruiser was a 285HP V8 Tahoe that struggled to get to 65mph with a full-load, unless you mashed it right from the bottom of the ramp. I've driven a 3.8L Caravan up that ramp many times and it wheezes pretty hard to get to 65mph. I won't buy a vehicle that can't pull that ramp at least decently. It's a safety concern and every vehicle I've test driven gets that routine. My Jetta TDI actually goes up it better than most anything but it can pull the rockies at 80mph in 5th gear too.

I think the tranny in the Ody makes it pull the hills much better as it remains in a lower gear when it senses hills. Even under normal driving, it revs a bit higher on the hills. I drive twisty/hilly roads daily and the Ody was the only minivan that performed adequate for me. I can't stand driving vehicles with soft suspensions, particulary when it's 7 miles of twisties just to get to town.
    Not that I have any particular interest one way or another, but if you can get a DCX for $23K and an Odyssey for almost $29K, that's a $6K difference. I like to keep cars a long time (8-10 years), so I don't worry about depreciation, but over the long haul, do you think that the DCX will have at least $6K more in repair costs? If now, then the DCX would be a better value to me.
    I would not be too surprised if the Odyssey wasn't still worth $6k more that the DC after 8 years.
    Also your assumption is that the vehicles are equivalent and the only difference is initial cost vs. maintenance cost. I would say that the Odyssey is $6000 better than the DC and will stay that way.
    We have a short/very steep hwy onramp we use daily. The Ody with a full load can get to about 80mph with full acceleration. 65mph with more reasonable foot. It's nice to have when you get toward the top and a sea of traffic is bearing down on you
    Absolutely.
    Not only do you need to merge properly for your safety, but also for the safety of the other drivers also merging. Just at lunch today I merged onto the highway behind someone who was not going fast enough (45 in a 60 mph zone). I got up to speed, but had to slow down which messed the guy who was trying to slow down to get into my lane. It was all very messy and we are not talking about any speeding.
    It may be worth $6000 more ... I doubt it. $6000 better ... no way.
    Exactly...that's only IF both vehicles are similar in quality, ride, etc. I'm not a minivan owner, but if/when I do need on in the future (I have a Ford Freestyle now), I want to get one with the most car-like handling in terms of handling, steering, etc...I avoided minivans up to now because of their handling characteristics.
    that guy going 45 mph needs to trade his corvette for a Ody ... maybe he is just a lousy driver?
    I was only looking at the $6000 in the long run, and if both cars were the same in quality, ride, handling, etc.

If, for example, I bought the DSX and save $6000, and then after 7-8 year of driving and 150,000 miles (our family does a lot of road trips) I've only spent a few thousand on repairs AND I've been satisfied with the ride, handling, quality, etc of the DSX, then I'd have made the right decision...even if the Odyssey was trouble free for the same time period because I saved $6000 on the initial purchase, spent $3000 on repairs, so I'm still ahead $3000. And I'm guessing I'd have to spend somthing on the Odyssey in repairs during that time.

On the other hand, if after 7-8 years, I've had numerous repairs, lots of time in the shop, and spend $6000 in repairs, then I'd have been better off with the Odyssey.

The problem with CR and other magazine quality ratings is that they don't tell you the COST of the repairs, only the frequency. While frequency is important, if the Odyssey has a couple of major and costly repairs, while the DSX has a lot of little and cheap ones, then I'd rather have the DSX and save the $$$ in the beginning. But these are only examples. Until I see something that shows the average repair costs over a five year period that I can compare between vehicles, then the red circles, black circles, and other ratings don't give me enough information.
    Checking Edmunds used car values disproves a $6000 advantage for Ody after 7 years. The 1998 Odyssey wasn't the comparable van , no sliding doors and smaller. Comparing the 99's reveals only a 1500 to 2000 advantage for the Odyssey after 7 years. $6000 - $2000 = $4000 advantage for T & C over Odyssey. But I wonder how many 1999 Odyssey's sold at at only a $6000 price difference over the T & C.
    "The Ody with a full load can get to about 80mph with full acceleration. 65mph with more reasonable foot.I've driven a 3.8L Caravan up that ramp many times and it wheezes pretty hard to get to 65mph"

You understand and really enjoy the Ody for the superior performance it has, Mon!

This is one of the enjoyment/thrills I get (and safety as well like you described) in the Ody that is not available with other minivans. This is priceless! It translates to the drivers in the vehicles left behind smelling hot air of the Ody.

"I think the tranny in the Ody makes it pull the hills much better as it remains in a lower gear when it senses hills."

If I remember correctly, the Ody has this innovative electronic intelligence(i.e. fuzzy logic) that senses a driver's style and remembers/adjusts the tranny shift patterns for maximum performance the driver needs.
    If I remember correctly, the Ody has this innovative electronic intelligence(i.e. fuzzy logic) that senses a driver's style and remembers/adjusts the tranny shift patterns for maximum performance the driver needs.

DCX has had this feature since 1989
    In the DGC, it is so fuzzy(i.e. unrefined and primitive for the times) that,

"I've driven a 3.8L Caravan up that ramp many times and it wheezes pretty hard to get to 65mph" "
    But if the T&C had $5000 more in repairs after 7 years, then give me the Odyssey.
  • khoakhoa Member Posts: 64
    While frequency is important, if the Odyssey has a couple of major and costly repairs, while the DSX has a lot of little and cheap ones, then I'd rather have the DSX and save the $$$ in the beginning

Hmm ... some one I knew has a DCX whose numerous repairs may not cost much, but it left him stranded one too many times. Imagine that in cold freezing weather and full of kids ... you can't put a price on that. Sometimes it's just not the cost of repairs that you'll have to think about.
  • jntjnt Member Posts: 316
    My family is currently owning a 05 Odys EX-L and 97 Oldsmobile Sihouette minivan. Away from home, we normally rented Dodge/Chrysler vans since they are available in great number at reasonable prices. So I personally love minivans and consider then the most efficient vehicles for carrying people and luggages. I have following impressions on the new Honda minivan vs. others (not including Toyota however since I have not a chance to drive this vehicle yet):

1. Handling: Honda is the top dog here. The old 97 GM van, even it was old, handles quite well for an old design. New Ford Freestar has similar behavior. The Dodge is the least secure in my book when driven above 70MPH and on choppy roads.

2. Ride: Dodge van is probably the best on smooth roads. So it sacrifies handling for ride. Honda is second;and GM old van at the bottom.

3. Engine: The 240+ HP Odys is the clear winner. GM, Dodge are roughly the same since their engines are rated below 200HP. The Honda also has better smoothness. Ford 3.9L V6 sounds like a tractor engine

4. Transmission: I like GM transmission the best. Eventhough it only has 4 gears and weaker engine, this transmission knows how to shift to take the most of what it got. Chrysler van does have the 2-3 second delay when you push hard on the gas pedal to merge onto high speed traffic. This is extremely scary when you drive in LA seeing a semi bearing on you at 80MPH. My Honda , EX-L has the VCM option(cylinder shut off) that creates a booming sound at about 2000-2500 RPM. This is very "unrefined" for any transmission in modern times.

5. Head Light: Honda is the best. This has been a big problem on Chrysler minivans for decades. Last year, I rented a new one, and sure enough, the is no significant improvement. My old GM van is probably at the bottom too.

6. Brake: Honda is the best.

7. Assembly quality: Every Chrysler vehicle I rented were put together really well. No rattle, no squeak and everything seems to aligned well. I was somewhat disappointed with my new Honda on this aspect. That may be why the 05 Odys only got 2 stars on JD Power rating

8. Radio reception: Chrysler may have old looking radio, but their reception is the best. New Honda with side glass antenna actually does worse in this aspect even when compared to the older Odys with whip antenna. In adition, one can hear more vehicle noise in AM mode (besides weaker sensitivity) in the Honda

9. Seat Comfort: about the same for both Honda and Chrysler at least for front seats.

10. Space: Plenty for both Honda and Chrysler. Not for GM since they have 5 inch narrower body

Personally, we value the mechanical aspect of the vehicle above everything else, so that why we picked the Honda. We paid premium for it since it was the first model year. If we were to buy a new van again, we probably pick this vehicle above everything else in the market (including the Toyota). The only thing that may worry us is the longivity of the Honda 5 speed Automatic transmission.

jt
    But if the T&C had $5000 more in repairs after 7 years, then give me the Odyssey.
    Like most Odyssey owners when you are losing an argument, change the argument. Read the Odyssey problems board!
    Great comparo.

Regarding your concern with the tranny, this was mostly related to the earlier, 2003 and older models, which Honda has addressed well.

As a habit that I have done for the past 30+ yrs of vehicle ownership, I change my vehicles' fluids myself on a very regular basis and have never had any mechanical problems. Engine oil every 3K miles and tranny fluid before every 25K. The key is clean fluids that have the required active chemical ingredients in them. This is CHEAP insurance.

Changing the tranny fluid in the Ody is a piece of cake. You just remove the tranny drain plug like you do for the engine crankcase drain plug. After draining the fluid, just replace with ATF-Z1 Honda fluid(Use no substitute, some garages are known to use cheaper Dexron for obvious reasons) with the same quantity, which I do through the dipstick barrel for convenience. The domestics tranny do not have a drain plug - you have to drop the pan or try to syphon the fluid through the dipstick.
  • jntjnt Member Posts: 316
    macakava,

Thanks for the AT fluid advise. I will do so on my vehicle

jt
    GM, Ford and Chrysler were all DOWN last month with Toyota and Honda up 10%. Where do you get what you try to pass off as facts?

For the YEAR, not month sales for DCX minivans are up! Most people in the automotive industry use Model Year when talking about sales figures.
    The same engines (slightly massaged) that were available in 1992 are still being used on the DC vans.

There's this thing called "continuous improvement" that most manufacturers perform. There have been many changes and improvements since 1992. If you compare minivans in 1992, and other vehicles from same time, you'd have problems with all of them. In fact, Honda didn't build a real minivan til 1999! Today's performance numbers only show a 1.4 second (longer than it takes me to type it) difference between GC and Honda. The HP rating are even closer this year, since Honda is playing on same field.

If 1.4 second difference is that critical in merging, maybe it's not the vehicle.
    I've driven a 3.8L Caravan up that ramp many times and it wheezes pretty hard to get to 65mph.

I love you Ody owners!!!! Wheezes????? Mine doesn't wheeze even when towing an RV!!!
  • socalawdsocalawd Member Posts: 542
    Today's performance numbers only show a 1.4 second (longer than it takes me to type it) difference between GC and Honda.

Maybe you should work on your typing. ;) The 0-60 times are nice for the Honda but the things that make me happy are the better passing times. 45-65 Honda 4.3 seconds Dodge 5.6 second. 60-0 braking Honda 123ft Dodge 136 ft. 10% better laterial acceleration and it has VSC. I love the looks inside and out. The seat comfort thruout is first rate and the extra seat I've used a few times now is great. It's really not all about 1.4 seconds its more about having a smile for 8 years + and getting what you want!! For ME it was the Odyssey!
    But I wonder how many 1999 Odyssey's sold at at only a $6000 price difference over the T & C.
    I purchased a 1999 Intrepid in 1999 at MSRP. Things were different then.
    I believe that the decent Chrysler minivans were in the mid $20,sK and the Town and Country Limited were about $35k.
    that guy going 45 mph needs to trade his corvette for a Ody ... maybe he is just a lousy driver?

Actually it was a newer Camry and probably a lousy driver. I just used the example to make a point.
    This is related to a previous post about the cost of a Dodge Grand Caravan.
    At Midway Chrysler Jeep in Post Falls ID (1-800-476-2703)
    2005 Dodge Grand Caravan purchased from Chrysler under warranty. VIN # 1D4GP24R25B384196
    Stow and Go, PS, PW, PL, tilt, cruise, 3 zone temp, rear heat A/C, sun screen glass, keyless entry, roof rack, Sirius radio, heated mirrors. $12,990
    I got onto the Dodge web site and as close as I could figure, the MSRP on this vehicle (you can still buy new ones) is about $28,000.
    They also have 2005's without the stow and go for $11,990.
    Not sure where you're getting your data at, but CR has the following (March 2005).

45 - 65 Ody 5.3 seconds DGC 6.3 seconds

60 - 0 braking Ody 136 ft DGC 140 ft

At these numbers, the differences are minor when you factor in conditions like weather, mileage, drivers etc.. Was the Ody on it's first or second set of brake pads? Did the Ody have windshield leak affecting its drag coefficent? :P

And apparently CR doesn't consider lateral accelertion critical in its testing of minivans. But for those who race on off-ramps, I guess it would be.

I prefer real world pricing differences that people can actually feel in their pockets. I love being able to outfit my minivan in any config I want i.e...power hatch or not, leather or not, DVD or not. I love the flexibility and comfort of Stow N Go seating, the quiet smooth ride. I love getting EXACTLY what I want, with great quality, reasonable price and performance...FOR A MINIVAN!

Now if I was going thru a midlife crisis and felt a need to prove my manhood on off ramps, instead of pretending the ody is a sports sedan (which takes quite the imagination having driven Odys!), I'd buy a BMW or Porche!

Check out post 6030 in Ody problem area!!! $5000 for Tranny for 2002 Ody? OUCH!!! Thank god the guy has a warranty!!

Gotta love posts:

this van has been in the shop more than our Town adn Country ever was! We have never gotten rid of the front end problem and now they say it is due to the brake caliper which is "too heavy" and there is no permanent repair...we are thinking of trading and don;t really want another headache from Honda.

I expect these things only from DCX, never from a Honda!
    "I purchased a 1999 Intrepid in 1999 at MSRP. Things were different then." I don't think so. I purchased a 1999 Dodge intrepid in December of 98 at invoice, looks like you need to sharpen your negotiating skills.
    My point was that if there were facts out there indicating the average repair cost for different vehicles over a 5 year or 100,000 mile period, then we could compare and see which one was a better value. Just going back and forth with each others repair experiences means nothing. You're always going to find someone with horror stories about their vehicle, or miraculous one. I'm looking for some facts...for example, the average repair cost for a 2002 Odyssey is XXXXX dollars? Does anyone know if those facts exist?
    I purchased a 1999 Intrepid in 1999 at MSRP. Things were different then." I don't think so. I purchased a 1999 Dodge intrepid in December of 98 at invoice, looks like you need to sharpen your negotiating skills

That was with zero down, zero % financing.
    However, you believe that relative to MSRP Chrysler vehicles are not cheaper now than they were in 1998-1999!Earlier in this thread I asked how much someone really paid for a 2006 T&C that was as close as possible to an Odyssey EX-L. I never did get an answer.
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    Most Chrysler minivan owners are NOT lurking in internet sites trying to see if others feel the purchase of a T&C is a wise choice. Same with Sienna, GM, and Ford minivans.
    We who purchase the vehicle WE LIKE do not depend on CR or others to justify our purchase. ;)
  • george94george94 Member Posts: 75
    I hang around BMW boards most of the time as this is my car but I just saw the debate here. We have 2000 Ody EX, 78K miles on it and the car is absolutely bulletproof. Initially I had a problem wiht the auto doors, but once when fixed (6 month into the ownership) I was told I will never ever have problems again. They were right. The car is pleasure to ride in, we hauled so much in it, I would not exchange the car for any other Chrysler/Dodge products. The Chrysler incentives are great, but for long term I would not want to own them. Just my $0.02.
    Most Chrysler minivan owners are NOT lurking in internet sites trying to see if others feel the purchase of a T&C is a wise choice. Same with Sienna, GM, and Ford minivans.
    We who purchase the vehicle WE LIKE do not depend on CR or others to justify our purchase.

Thats why they don't input all the problems they have they just complain to CR when they are asked. OWNER SATISFACTION FOR DCX VANS IS POOR. I wasn't satisfied!!
  • hansiennahansienna Member Posts: 2,312
    DC minivan owner satisfaction is MUCH higher than for the over-priced, over-hyped Odyssey. That is why you don't see as many complaints in the Town Hall DC minivan problem forums as Odyssey problem forums. ;)
    DC minivans do NOT have as many problems per minivan since 1999 as do the un-reliable Honda Odyssey.
    DC minivans do NOT have as many problems per minivan since 1999 as do the un-reliable Honda Odyssey

Ok then show me some proof as usual you have nothing. You just keep pushing unsubstainable information. Well look at the posts heck I do and there is like 20 times as much Honda traffic as DCX traffic. This goes from problem to buying experience to upgrade etc. So go look at the posts maybe your can reverse engineer the honda posts so you can upgrade your 2002!!
    link title

The JD powers shows the Chrysler Town and Country limited getting 3/5 for overall appeal and Ody getting 5/5 for overall appeal. Now people relize I'm only talking about satisfaction. Sure there are some catagories that DCX beats Ody but not in owner sat. Actually Seinna is the leader here!
    From the J D Power site http://www.jdpower.com/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2005069
    Highest ranking minivans 2005, Toyota Sienna, Chrysler Town & Country, Dodge Caravan, Dodge Grand Caravan. (no mention of Odyssey)

If you're a Honda Ody owner or potential owner you have no other choice than to lurk on internet sites, looking for a "deal", checking out problems/issues. They need some justification to make a $30k+ purchase and to make themselves "feel" superior to lowly domestic brands.
    Thats why they don't input all the problems they have they just complain to CR when they are asked. OWNER SATISFACTION FOR DCX VANS IS POOR. I wasn't satisfied!!

Funny how DCX sells over 2 times as many minivans as anyone else, yet only CR seems to have problems with them, whereas the Honda sites are awashed in problems? Can someone provide explanation?

If I were a Ody owner and just spent $30k on a minivan, I'd rave about it to everyone to! To let anyone know how vastly superior it was over much less expensive vans from the competition.

Maybe you weren't satisfied, maybe you got a lemon even. But this is my third DCX van and I've been extremely satified with all of mine. I have never had any major problems, in fact NONE to speak of...just tires, brakes, and oil changes. The first two were company supplied, and believe me, they weren't babied, yet they were flawless. My best friends back in PA are on their 4th or 5th DCX minivan. You'd think after 20 years of building minivans, that if they were that bad, theyd be out of business, not gaining business.
This discussion has been closed.