Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• abraindrainerabraindrainer Member Posts: 312
    I suspect this is very doable for '07 coupe and not '07 sedan. That would certainly make more sense!
  • saissonsaisson Member Posts: 25
    I just purchased the same thing in Chicago w/o NAV for $1,500 off list. My best quote was $1,940 off a MSRP of $36,940. I went with the lower discount at a dealer who was 3 miles from my house. It took a lot of work on the Internet contacting a variety of dealers in the Midwest but it was worth it.

:)
  • g35powerg35power Member Posts: 2
    hey guys, been following this forum for a while..and just bought my first 07 G35 sedan platinum graphite, journey with premium package at Southwest Infiniti in Houston, Tx 2 days ago! It was an easy process...did some tough bargaining but in the end I believe they came out the best. You have to talk to the internet managers for the deals..you cant talk to the regular salespeople or you will get jacked. Went to another dealer close by and they gave me a regular guy who could not negotiate at all...it was pathetic. Anyways with ttl i saved around 5-6 hundred dollars. They threw in free tinting, splashguards, and also cash back in form of gift cards! These guys are very professional and friendly...this car is extremely limited! so the price will remain msrp..but if you show concern and caution u can win at the end. good luck in the buying process....
    fyi walk out 36900!!! maybe im just lucky??
  • desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    The problem with Houston is that although there are 4 infiniti dealerships, the two largest (Southwest & Clearlake) are both owned by Fred Haas so that decreases the competition greatly. North Inf and West Inf are independent but each are a lot smaller.
  • ppnffppnff Member Posts: 65
    I believe what the people at Southwest Houston Infiniti did in terms of comparing prices and artificially trying to keep prices elevated for the consumer is illegal. You may want to document this and tell them that you plan to report them to the fair trade commission to be investigated. I am not an attorney (and you should find one if you pursue this course), but anytime retailers try to gouge more out of consumers, retailers will be faced with stiff fines and penalties... I think the term is collusion. Good luck and I agree we should all boycott these people...
  • calif_mancalif_man Member Posts: 4
    Just purchased my 07 G35 sedan Journey with Premium, Nav, Tech package,and Splash Guards. MSRP is $38290. I got it at $36164, It's $2100 off MSRP.
  • spyderredspyderred Member Posts: 138
    Calif_man...Where are you located and which dealer? Did you buy through fleet/costco or other? Sounds like a good deal. Congrats.
    Excellent-I just bought a G-35X 2007 for $1,940 off....
    :D
    You are so wrong!! Dealers are independent businesses and can charge what they want. Cars are not "fair traded" and a Dealer has the right to charge MSRP. You are free to buy or not buy-no one is forcing you to buy the car. What do you consider gouging? Anything over invoice? Using your logic, since Nieman-Marcus is an expensive store- they should be fined and penalized. Have you seen their XMAS catalog? They have a car selling for $1.2MM!! I just bought @ 2007 G-35X for $1,940 off. The dealer made a $1,000 profit + holdback. Was I gouged? I am not a dealer nor working for a dealership.

:P
  • yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    you are right about collusion. merchants can charge a price and the consumer has the right to buy it or not. BUT the merchant CANNOT prevent the consumer from buying it somewhere else at a lower price, by talking to other merchants into keeping a price up.

THAT IS COLLUSION...not fair trade. I posted a note on another blog (maybe this one too), where some major dealers in my area had to defend against collusion charges brought against them by in a class action suit..I believe the litigants won the suit, in fact.

Collusion happens all the time..it isn't far fetched that this may be happening to the gentleman in houston...

that's all for me again....
  • walterquintwalterquint Member Posts: 89
    This is a free market. The 2007 G35 is in great demand. Thus, no dealer is obligated to discount it. Quite the opposite. If a dealer can charge $6k over sticker, so be it. The dealer owns the car. If you don't like the price, take your business to a different manufacturer......it's ironic, very few complain about the overpricing of Bimmers, the G35's natural competitor. Bimmer dealers are the height of arrogance. But like I said, they have that right........BTW, collusion is tough to prove. And in most cases, dealers have nothing to gain from it.
    i agree...collusion is tough to prove..but that doesn't mean that it doesn't happen.

dealers have a right to charge what they want...also true. They don't have a right to create an artificial market floor. no retailer does, but it happens all the time.

The idea here is the only way the dealer can consistently charge over sticker, is because they've rigged the system to prevent the customer from getting it at another price..ie, another dealer willing to sell it cheaper...

ANOTHER POINT - Bimmer dealers are the height of arrogance, and you are correct, the vehicle is hugely overvalued and overcharged. THAt's why i bought the G35x..cheaper, some fun to drive, decent quality. I went to Bimmer, first..i received poor treatment, illegal comments and a price quote $5k over the TMV of the car. What did i do? i had the two people who referred me there, pull their business from the dealership. we also wrote letters of complaint to BMW of america AND we are in the process of putting more verbeage on our company letterhead (an international firm), because our office USED to use them for our corporate car program...

So, the idea here is that consumers have to push back. Dealers have a right to run a profitable business, but the consumer has the right to push back...

The fact is dealers will overcharge on all cars, as much as they can..it doesn't matter what kind of car it is.

This particular car is very, very hot right now - so prices are higher than others...

peace!
  • virtkingvirtking Member Posts: 25
    So you went with higher discount after all, congratulations. Makes sense, since you don't have to service at the dealer you bought from. ;)

May I ask you which dealer did you purchase the car from as well as which one gave you $1500 off quote?

TIA.
  • walterquintwalterquint Member Posts: 89
    Yogiowner, bravo on your response to the BMW dealer! I never met someone who actually stood up to Bimmer. Their cars are so prestigious, however, it'll take a decade (or more) to humble BMW so it'll make a difference.

The best weapon against an arrogant manufacturer is competition. The G35 is tremendously competitive with the 3-Series. And Nissan/Infiniti, as a Japanese manufacturer, is motivated to seize market share. So I really think the prices of the G35 will fall, in time. (It happened to the New Beetle, Miata.)

Once we can land a G35 for $30k or less, then BMW will start shivering.
  • ziggy8ziggy8 Member Posts: 11
    going in tomorrow to try and squeeze the best deal on a leftover G35X with Premium C . Dealer has over 12 units still available , per their web site . What is the best I can negotiate this week ?
    thank you for the compliments...I wish it really mattered, but i know that a couple of hundred people and companies will take my place...

it's hard work. i am very much a capitalist pig :) BUT
    I also believe that you should not have to beg someone to SPEND your money AND get treated like crap in the process. The mercedes dealership ALMOST treated me with some disrespect...however, my vibe gave them some pause. In the end, they just didn't have what I wanted.

For another forum i guess, but Bimmers and Mercedes are status cars, so people take a lot of guff off the dealers. You shouldn't have to...it's your money and your choice. Don't give it to an a - hole.

My new G is only a base model with a sunroof. no bells and whistles (I am too cheap to pay for it)..but i think the car will continue to hold it's price at 30k and above (like Hondas and Toyotas hold their prices) because it offers so much at a competitive price all things considered. Now that Nissan/Infiniti has figured out that it has to have a somewhat exciting interior, there's no telling where this brand will go.

I'm already planning a strategy to get a 2007 or 2008 G-35x in two years.

Peace!! :D
  • calif_mancalif_man Member Posts: 4
    I brought from Infiniti of Pleasanton (N. California), just made a deal by the phone with their internet sales manager.
  • topracertopracer Member Posts: 2
    It's for a 07 6MT Sedan if you place an order and wait for the car. They are in MD and N. VA.
    Dear Smokey....

Suggest you post on www.prius.com

• flyinfoolflyinfool Member Posts: 3
    Just bought an 07 G35x with premium, navi and tech. I used the costco auto program and ended up payin 1450 over invoice. Everything (tax, title, fees) came to 41k OTD, (gotta love sales tax.) Good deal??

- Robert
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    What city and dealer please
  • jhs70jhs70 Member Posts: 213
    I'm not sure, so I went to see on CarsDirect.com. IF your car MSRP'ed for around $40K, then its invoice should be in the neighborhood of $36,500. Tack on $1,450 and you're at $37,950. Where I live, to get a ballpark OTD, I figure adding 4% to the total cost (covers TTL/fees). Doing that, I come out with $37,950 x 1.04, or around $39,500. $41k OTD sounds a bit high to me, but I don't know where you are or your taxes. Alas, all that matters is that if you are happy with the car/deal. Let's just say .... I'm jealous!!
    the car was titled in Ct so 6.5% sales tax

The car came to 40280 than the dealer added registration (120) and dealer fee (600)
    Not a big fan of that dealer fee....

-Robert
  • gssethigssethi Member Posts: 25
    Got the 06 Sedan w/ Package C for 28.9k + TTL.

The 07 was going to cost ~4-5k more and I didnt think it was worth for me atleast.
  • ziggy8ziggy8 Member Posts: 11
    gssethi - WOW - where did u pull this deal . That's like $3.3k under invoice ?
    I am trying desperately to sell my 03 M45 for a decent price , so I can do exactly the same . 06 G35X + Premium C.
    My M is babied , mint , etc., but considered 'high miles' ?at 63kmi. Best trade in number I was offered is $13K . So I'm losing precious time on the available 06 G leftovers .
  • desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    did u try carmax? They pay the most for used cars outside of a private sale in my experience...

Also,dont buy a 06 G... I have one today as a loaner as the shop fixes the tint on my o7 G... there is a huge difference in the interior... not even close. 07 G is a lot more luxurious. The 06 G handles and drives well but not as good as the 07.
    I got the 06 for 28.9k for Package C & Splash Guards (MSRP of ~35680) at Infiniti of Pleasanton. Oakland was also willing to do the same price but they did not have the black interior in stock. They are both under the same ownership and are sister stores.

in response to Ziggy8, yes, the 07 has a better interior but also ends up costing ~5-6k more with the same features. Do you think that in ~4-5 years, the 07 will fetch the extra 5k ?

I bought the 06 at ~3500 under invoice, that means that the 06 will not depreciate that much. Buying the 07 at near MSRP means it will depreciate a lot more.

I know people who are trying to sell their 05 for ~27k (they still owe ~28k on the car after 1.5 yrs of ownership b/c they paid MSRP on their 05s).

I never never buy a car at anything more than invoice. You can spend the extra $5k on the 06 and make it more luxurious than the 07 ;) (well, thats the way I think BUT yes, the 07 is more nicer than the 06 and if you think it is worth the extra 5k, definitely go for it)

Also, One main difference in favor of 06. The 06 takes regular 87 octane and wont void your warranty. The 07 Requires premium gas and using anything else will void your warranty (~$0.25 extra per gallon for the 07 each time you fill up)
    Excellent deal..you should be happy!
    I just purchased a 07 G-35 for $1,060 over invoice...
    It's a hot car and most dealers are getting list...
    Where did u see that the 07 requires premium??
    According to my dealer 87 is fine and won't void any warrenty.

-robert
  • jlindquistjlindquist Member Posts: 2
    Hello All:

I have been lurking on this forum for a few weeks while researching my next car purchase. What a great resource! Kudos to all who have provided posts and info.

I am interested in the G 35 x, and have just started to solicit quotes (via e-mail) from the two local Infiniti dealers here in Minneapolis. Does anyone have any experience with these dealers?

Has anyone received a below-MSRP quote on a 2007 in the Twin Cities area?

Thanks.
    Premium Gasoline is REQUIRED on the 07. Check the Specs on Edmunds and/or Owner's Manual. (Do comparison on Edmunds between 06 G35 and 07 G35 and check the FUEL type).

Confirmed this with my Dealer when I purchased the 06. Regular 87 Gasoline on the 06 is OK and will NOT void the warranty. 87 will void warranty on 07 though.

EDIT: Do comparisons between 2006 G35 and 2007 G35 on Edmunds. Click on SPECS and Look for Fuel Type. For 06, it says Regular Unleaded. For 07, it is Premium Unleaded.

pls let me know if I am wrong.
  • nefariousbcnefariousbc Member Posts: 6
    Wanted to ask a couple of questions to seasoned car buyers out there. I plan on buying the 07 G35 Sport 6MT with the premium package. I have a pretty good idea of what the price will end up being. My question is about financing the purchase. I consider myself to have excellent credit, but I don't have any "major" credit history (i.e. no mortgage, past car loan, etc.) and I'm pretty young (25 yrs. old) So will I qualify for these super low rates that I see out there? Even for a third party bank loan like from Eloan or Capital One...the 5.75% kind of stuff?
  • g35powerg35power Member Posts: 2
    Good luck...the lowest they offered was 6.99 w/ excellent credit!
    This is straight from '07 G35 manual page 9-3:

FUEL RECOMMENDATION

INFINITI recommends the use of unleaded
    premium gasoline with an octane rating of
    at least 93 AKI (Anti-Knock Index) number
    (Research octane number 98).
    If unleaded premium gasoline is not available,
    you may use unleaded regular gasoline
    with an octane rating of at least 87
    AKI number (Research octane number 91),
    but you may notice a decrease in performance.

So, 93 is recommended, but 87 is still acceptable. :shades:

Hope this helps.
  • pjt6970pjt6970 Member Posts: 38
    I got my G35x in May 2005. Lupient was great. E.G. is the man! Great to work with and got a great deal @ the time. I'd imagine w/ the new '07, sticker is about all you'll get for now.
  • phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    No credit will probably not equal good credit. To find out, you need to get your credit score (this isn't the same as your credit report).

Many online credit reporting services are available. I use freecreditreport.com that has an option to get reports and scores from all 3 reporting agencies. It will tell you if your score is excellent, good, fair, or poor.
    Forget the car and buy a HOUSE!!
    Then apply for a Home Equity loan which is tax deductible.
    An 8% loan after tax in a 30% tax bracket is 5.6%...
    "If unleaded premium gasoline is not available,
    you may use unleaded regular gasoline
    with an octane rating of at least 87
    AKI number (Research octane number 91),
    "

That is a BIG IF. It means that If you cannot get Premium, only then use Regular.

The wording from the 05/06 Manual is this:
    "Use unleaded regular gasoline with an octane rating of at least 87 AKI."

Notice the difference in wording. Why would infiniti change the wording if their requirements were the same in terms of Gas requirements.?
    If we are talking about voiding warranties, that won't happen. So Edmunds and your dealer are wrong. If the subject is what's better, then 93 is the answer. If the question is can 87 be used with '07 G, the answer is still yes (but with less power.) In the case of '05/06 G, (based on what the manual says) 87 is the base line and you probably won't observe any better performance from using 89 or 93.
    I am meaning "voiding warranties". Could be that my Dealer is wrong (dont know until we have more info on the 07..so its still up in mystery).
  • azpackfanazpackfan Member Posts: 2
    I was quoted a price of $33556 with window tint, wheel locks, & cargo net. MSRP = $35140. How does this compare to other quotes? I am in AZ.
  • jlindquistjlindquist Member Posts: 2
    pjt:

Thanks for the info. Have you had your G serviced at Lupient? Have you had similarly good experiences with the service department?

Thanks.
  • michael66michael66 Member Posts: 3
    Saisson - Which Chicagoland dealership did you go to? I am willing to do the work to get a deal close to yours!
  • twincitiestwincities Member Posts: 1
    I'm also looking at a 07 g35x prem pack in Minneapolis. I was hoping to get $1000 or so off MSRP. Both dealers seem to have plenty of inventory. I had a good experience at both dealers but the Bloomington dealer seemed to know more about the car. Has anyone purchased one in the cities? I was also thinking of going to Madison WI if I could get a better deal.
  • spiralexspiralex Member Posts: 3
    I'm looking to lease a 2007 G35 Sedan Sport AT. Here are the options/numbers.

2007 G35 Sedan Sport AT
    Premium Package
    Navigation Package
    39 Months
    12,000 a year
    $0 Down

Due at delivery is only first months payment and a single security deposit.

$579 a month (This includes all taxes, title, registration, fees)

Also, please note I am in Illinois where the taxes work a little bit different then most states, even on leased vehicles.

Is this a good deal? Should I move forward? Thoughts?

Thank you guys for your help in advance.
    This forum will not allow me to identify particular dealers.
    There are only 4 Infiniti dealerships (owners) in Chicago. The suburban dealerships will negotiate. Suggest you start negotiating via the Internet to get your discount. I feel that Cars.com is the best site to use since you can direct your request to particular dealers. Good Luck.
    :D
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 235,188
    You may identify dealership names, city and state... Please leave out any individual contact information.

Thanks!
    kyfdx

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• katiekatkatiekat Member Posts: 1
    Hi all,

Just got off the phone with a salesman and was offered $31,500+TTL for a 06 coupe, auto, Premium Package + Painted Splash Guards + Trunk Mat, Liquid Platinum Metallic and Graphite. Should I take it? Any suggestions? Thank you very much.

Katie
  • migitymigity Member Posts: 4
    So what was your final purchase price? What options/package?
  • irvsteroniirvsteroni Member Posts: 56
    Used edmunds.com to send out queries and got one back at $1,800.00 off MSRP for an 07 Sport, Premium Package, XM. Sounded like a good deal but thought I'd post it here before I commit early next week. Any input is much appreciated.