Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    It is the Out The Door Price (OTD) that counts...any quotes are meaningless. Do not get hung up on the various "fees" or charges... they do not mean anything! because it is the OTD price that ultimately counts.
  • irvsteroniirvsteroni Member Posts: 56
    jb_tuner: So I should walk in and basically stand by paying $35k or less if I can negotiate it(MSRP $36,800.00-$1,800.00)+ taxes, and tax, title, license and no more. With 6% tax here in Ga., I'm figuring the total OTD should then be $37,300 or so, no fees or charges to be added. Walk out if I don't get it.Thanks.
  • saissonsaisson Member Posts: 25
    If it's an 07 it's a steal..... :)
    2007 G-35X-Premium package, splash guards, trunkmat
    MSRP: $37,290 - $1,940 discount =
    $35,350 + TTL (tax,title,license)
    It's an awesome vehicle....
    Beats Every BMW 0-60; except M class...
    ;)
  • opsmoopsmo Member Posts: 8
    I have to say that I believe I walked away with a great deal today. '07 G35xAWD with premium package and cargo net for $200 above invoice (34,011.26) with a trade-in of $21,000 on my '05 Honda Odyssey LX ($18,000 Kelly blue book trade-in value). It's year end and 2 dealerships (apparently) are having a sales volume rivalrey and frankly I don't care WHY but I got my car at what I believe is a fabulous price !!I can show anyone who is interested the websites to print to show your local dealership who claim to beat any competition.
  • lafaimlafaim Member Posts: 1
    Wow! That's the best deal I've heard about. Where and what dealership did you buy from? What websites are you talking about?
    Enjoy your new Xmas toy.
  • badgoldbadgold Member Posts: 2
    I am ready to buy a 06 G35X with premium C package.

The first dealer to come back is throwing around $32,500. This looks a little high. The Invoice is $34,300, TMV is $33,300 and there is the dealer incentive of $2500.

Should I be shooting for $32,000 or less?

It is getting late in the year and everyone in my New Jersey area seems to still have a lot of 06's left.

:confuse:
    I currently live in south NJ and I bought it at Holman Infiniti on Rt 73 in Mt Laurel (I think) but they also have one in Egg Harbor. I bought it yesterday (12/15). They aren't really toting a year end sale at this point but they said they will beat any regional competitor. So Infiniti of Willow Grove (PA), only 20 mi away) is having a year end, internet sale of any '07G35x in stock or to be delivered by year end for $200 over dealer cost ($800 over for the navigation and tech packages).I showed it to my guy here and it was done.
    Got the car I wanted at the price I wanted. This is a first for me. !!!!
    They do have alot of '06's left over but you need to walk in and tell them you will pay what you want to pay (in nice terms, of course). That's how I got the great deal I did yesterday on my '07. $200 over invoice.................not bad if I do say so myself.
  • badgoldbadgold Member Posts: 2
    What is reasonable price for a 06 G35X at this point in the year?

:confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse: :confuse:
    Where are you located? Would they have given you that prices if you did NOT have a trade-in? If not, the trade-in "muddles" the transacation.... ;)
    The options cost more in the 06 than the 07 because more is standard on the 07. so look at the invoice and get a feeling in your gut what you want to pay for a car that is leftover that a dealer HAS TO GET RID OF SOON. Then you stick to that price and go for it.
    same price as I told them I was going to sell my Honda privately originally.
  • prosource1prosource1 Member Posts: 234
    IMO, having sold a number of car liine and knowing holdback and profit, $200 over invoice is not a great deal. I bought my last vehicle far below invoice but only after dealing with a number of dealerships. Some just will not budge but some will.
  • jb_turnerjb_turner Member Posts: 702
    If you had a trade the G35 trade price is meaningless.
  • topgun7topgun7 Member Posts: 412
    Come on, Proscource1. If you sold a number of car then you know that car price is driven by supply and demand. 07 G35 is a brand new car with really good review. 200 over invoice is a great deal at this time. Have you shop this car lately?
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    $200 over invoice on a 2007 model is a fabulous deal, which most of us probably won't be able to get in most parts of the country. This is a brand new model, and in high demand.

On the Out-the-Door price issue: When negotiating with dealerships, yes, always get out-the-door prices from each of them so you can compare apples to apples. (This is because dealer doc fees and city sales taxes vary.)

But when reporting your deal to this forum, out-the-door prices really aren't very helpful, except to those members who live in the same locale as you. State and local sales taxes vary greatly, as do state registration fees. So the most useful thing you can do here is to report the actual price you paid for the vehicle: take the out-the-door price and subtract all the taxes and government fees. Leave the dealer fees in, since they should really be thought of as part of the price.
    You must be kidding; if you bought a car far below invoice it was probably a model no one wants
    ....btw what is a liine?? :P
  • agbiggsagbiggs Member Posts: 19
    I'm looking at the G35 and wondering whether it's a better deal to go with an 06 model, with presumably heavy discount that might let me get an upgrade package, awd, etc., or with a stripped 07? From looking around, my guess is that for roughly similar specs I can get an 06 for about $5k less than an 07.

Any thoughts on how much better the 07 is than the 06? Clearly more hp, better interior, but any thoughts on this choice?

Thanks v much.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Partly it'll depend on how long you plan to keep it. The resale value of the newer car will be considerably higher for the next 3-6 years. If you're planning to drive it in excess of 100K miles, that year won't matter much.

OTOH, if you're looking at 2-4 years/40-50K miles, the new one wouldn't be a bad plan.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • agbiggsagbiggs Member Posts: 19
    Thanks. I'd like to keep it for 4-5 years, though I don't put on a ton of miles (10k per year, tops).

I find resale values hard to predict (other than that you never get as much as you thought...). But you're right that the new one would resale for more.
  • brownie523brownie523 Member Posts: 22
    Hi Everyone! I'm new here, but have been following the forum for a while now. Has anyone recently purchased a 2007 G35 in the VA/MD/DC area?? If so what kind of deals are you coming across??? I'm looking for Premium Package with Nav.
  • michael66michael66 Member Posts: 3
    Saisson - Thank you so much for the advice. I called several dealerships and they were saying "Maybe we can move 500-1000 off of MSRP." Then I did cars.com, and within minutes my local dealership did $1000 over invoice. On my car (lakeshore awd, prem) that worked out to be $2,119 off of the MSRP!! Normally I would be bummed with $1,000 over invoice, but with a new car that is pretty hot, I am thrilled. I pick the beauty up Weds. Thanks again. Michael
  • cristobawatcristobawat Member Posts: 2
    Any thoughts on this deal?

This is a lease deal I have been offered

07 G35x with premium pack
    12k miles
    $449 month
    $3k down

live in the Boston area
    - also, the dealership is really looking to screw me on my trade - it is an 03 G35, trade in value anywhere from $15k-$19k. They've offered me 12.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    opsmo, where did you see the the ad for infiniti of wg for 200$ over invoice. I'm in the market for the '07 sedan also after I hit a deer yesterday morning w/ my '05 coupe. thanks.
  • theshawntheshawn Member Posts: 30
    Yeah opsmo, where o' where did you get $200 over invoice? If I could find that I believe I would be sold! Otherwise I may have to try to hold out :cry:
    So far in DC/VA/MD they are asking MSRP...too steep for me.
  • tszhfungtszhfung Member Posts: 12
    Just purchased an 07 Journey with Prem and Navi + perf wheel and tire pkg in Platinum Graphite this past weekend. The deal couldn't be easier. Emailed all the dealers around and there are only a couple that would do below MSRP. Pick the one with lowest price at $1500 off MSRP. MSRP be 37450 and paid 35950 (39269 OTD). Being in southern california with 8.25% sale tax, the OTD is not too bad, the dealer only charged $45 doc fee.

Overall, the experience was great, all price was finalized via email and no pressure to purchase additional items when picking up the car. I would highly recommend the dealer, Infiniti of Montclair, to folks in So Cal.
  • jjraiders45jjraiders45 Member Posts: 5
    I concur. Opsmo, I too would like to see this coupon. I live in PA and would be up to driving a few hours for this deal. Thanks!
  • jac167jac167 Member Posts: 1
    I would like to tell you about my nightmare attempted purchase of a 2007 G35. It started on Thursday December 14th. I purchased a 2007 G35 Journey (Lakeshore Slate, Navi, Premium, and Wood interior) from Infiniti of Charlotte, NC. We did the typical negotiating and I felt I got a great deal and it was a great experience. They kept my car and gave me a loaner to use for a day while they got the car which was located at another dealer – Nalley Infiniti, Marietta GA. I paid in full and was told the car would be at the dealership the next day later in the afternoon. On Friday the 15th, I was heading to Charlotte that morning to get the car when I got a call from my sales associate saying there was a minor glitch. The glitch was that the car was no longer available. Nalley apparently sold the car Thursday night after they had promised it to Charlotte. My sales person was not very much help in fixing the problem so the sales manager got involved. He was very apologetic and said that he could get a Serengeti Sand with Navi, Premium, Tech, but no wood interior from Greenville, SC. There would be no extra charge since they screwed up or just give me my money back. I said when the wood becomes available, I would pay for the wood package if you pay for the labor. He agreed but said he could not quote the price of the wood since it was not in the system yet. Needless to say, I was still in shock and not very happy since I paid for the car. I told them I would think about it and let them know by Saturday. Josh said that was fine since he was leaving for vacation.

Here is where the true nightmare starts. I thought I would check with a few dealers to see what was really out there. I called Knoxville, TN and spoke with the Sales Manager and he said the only car that was to my specifications was in St. Louis. He said the shipping cost would be high. He was very helpful and courteous. I finally thought I would contact Nalley Infiniti, in Marietta, GA, (since they sold my first car) and see what they had available. I spoke to a sale person and he started the ball rolling, I told him what I was looking for and the issue that I had had in Charlotte. He looked in the data base and said he found the car and could have it to the dealership by the end of the week. I said are you sure we are talking about the same car and specs? He said he was positive but would verify and call me back. He called back and said it was the car. I then asked that if you guys can give me the same deal as Charlotte, that we will do business. I faxed them my detailed Bill of Sale showing my new car price and trade-in. He called me back and said they can do the exact same deal. They didn’t say, we will see, or come on down, but said they will do the same EXACT deal. I was in conversation with Nalley at least 6 times verifying the car and to make sure the deal was on. If it was not going to happen, I still had a very good deal on the substitute car that Charlotte offered and did not want to loose that opportunity even though it was not my first choice. Nalley assured me that the deal was on. So, Monday the 18th, I called Charlotte and told them the deal was off and took their loaner back and got most of my money back (had to wait for check to clear.) I could tell they weren’t happy but it was their fault, not mine.

I told Nalley that I couldn’t come down Monday but would be down Tuesday morning. They called back and wanted a deposit so I gave them a credit card number and was all set. Tuesday morning I drove 4 hours to Atlanta to cut this deal. I got to the dealer and sat down with the sales associate and went through the usual formalities. I gave them my Bill of Sale, they checked out my car, and started the paperwork. About 30 minutes later the sales associate comes back and tells me there’s a glitch. ANOTHER GLITCH! The car they are getting also has the Tech package. I didn’t want the Tech package and why after 4 days are they finding this out? I told the sales guy that I was not happy at all but I would meet them half way and give them $600 for the package. I then looked closer at the deal and noticed they were giving me $1000 less on my trade-in. I then was getting highly pissed and got the usual BS story about the mileage. That all did not matter because I had a solid agreement stating they would do the same deal. The Sales Manager then came over, I think his name was ***** , and I had to listen to the same old BS that I’ve heard in the past about the mileage, transportation cost, etc. That did not matter. I had a deal! As a matter of fact the quote from the sale associate was when I asked if I was getting the same deal he quote said, “No, you are getting a better deal because we have to get the car from another dealer.” So now I’m $1700 off. They said would you do another color? I said I would do the Serengeti Sand with my options (I knew it wasn’t out there.) The wood package is the problem. There seems to be no cars with wood. The sales guy, came back to me and said that they found the Serengeti Sand car with no wood. I said, “Hell, I had that deal in Charlotte with a Tech package for free” that you guys made me loose. He then actually said so what about the other car? There was nothing to discuss so I told him to get my keys immediately. I then said I want to see your sales manager again. He came out and I told him that he was plainly screwing me and this whole Infiniti experience has been terrible from the first day I stepped on the Infiniti lot. He said that he would try to do something for me so he went back and came back with a deal of splitting the tech package but nothing on my trade so I was still $1000 off. These guys blatantly lied to me and had me come to their dealership under false pretense. I didn’t get the car I was promised or the price I was assured. There is no misunderstanding between Nalley and me since there were over 6 phone calls verifying everything. Charlotte Infiniti screwed up, thanks to Nalley, but admitted fault and tried to fix it as best as possible. Nalley Infiniti is a bunch of crooks and this is a prime example why consumers look at car dealerships as slime! Thank you
  • arizonajoearizonajoe Member Posts: 123
    Did you buy the car from Nalley?
  • guestguest Member Posts: 770
    No, I did not buy the car from Nalley Infiniti. Thanks.

Jeff
  • blerner2blerner2 Member Posts: 47
    Jac167,

I am planning on buying/leasing a G35 from Infiniti of Charlotte in early January. I'm looking for a similarly equipped car.

May I ask how much you were able to negotiate with them off MSRP. I was hoping for MSRP less $1,000-$1500. Were they willing to deal, or were they trying hard not to come off MSRP.
  • cdnpinheadcdnpinhead Member Posts: 5,506
    Always get it in writing, signed.

You could have had one of these crooks print out what they told you on the phone, sign it & FAX it to you. Odds are they wouldn't have done it, but at least you'd have saved all the additional hassle & could have done the deal on the second choice car at the first dealer.

Verbal agreements are worth squat.

Written ones are a contract.
    '08 Acura TSX, '17 Subaru Forester
  • kmartlakmartla Member Posts: 4
    For the past few weeks, a dealer in Houston has been advertising 2006 G35 sedans for $27,500. I'm interested but haven't gone as far as visiting the lot yet. I've checked out the inventory on their website and seen several '06 G35s with an MSRP of 32-33K; I'm guessing those are the ones the ad refers to but not sure. Can anyone provide any insight regarding how good of a deal this is? Also, how different are the '06 and '07 models?
  • jgrahamiiijgrahamiii Member Posts: 3
    I know things vary year to year, but based on prior years, when would one think you'd have the best chance to get the best lease on an '07 G35x (15K, 39 mo): December, January, or February. My lease on my current car is up the very end of January, so any of these are available to me. I live in NY if that's a help. Getting quoted $559 on a Premium package ($597 with Nav), and there is some room to go down), but these prices are good only through 1/2. Thanks.
    $27,500 I believe is still high for an 06 model. Dealers here in Atlanta have advertised as low as $26.5k. If they're advertising that, you can bet you can get it lower. Also depends on what options you have on the model you're looking at. The 06 and 07 models are quite different. I recently test drove the 07 Sport w/premium and can only compare the 06 sedan I've been given as a loaner from time to time (I have an 04 G35 coupe looking to trade)-BIG difference. The overall quality is higher, the feel/ambiance much better, stronger engine. With dealers discounting the 07 models allready, more reason to shoot low on the 06 you're looking for.I'd make an offer of $25k (again, depending on what options you're looking for) and go from there.
  • gooddeal2gooddeal2 Member Posts: 750
    "I'd make an offer of $25k"

25K? That's really a good price for a brand new '06 even if for the base model. That's the price for a base Maxima SE. I might be looking around if I can find 1 at this price.
    $25k offer is just that-an offer, a starting point to go up. There's no guarantee you'll get it and probably you might not. Then again, you could get lucky. I look at it this way-its close to Christmas and New Years and dealers, at least here in Atlanta, are looking to sell. I looked at one dealers' inventory and saw 29 07's and 17 06's, various G35 models ranging in price. You can bet they want to get rid of those 06's selling well below invoice right now before 07 hits. No dealer wants a stack of 06's with people thinking "thats LAST years model" instead of this year. $25k offer might get you laughed but then again, the dealer may come back with $26k. That's still, for the person who asked whether $27.5k was a good price, another $1500 down.
    As for my 07 Sport/XM/Premium Pkg sedan I'm looking to buy, the MSRP is 36.8k. They've given me $2k off MSRP but I feel they're given me way less on my G35coupe 04 base model (no leather, no sunroof, nothing except that great engine!), w/27kmiles, only $1,000.00 trade-in. I offered the dealer $34k out the door. They came back, with my tradein, $35.7k. I feel I should get at least $2k on my tradein so my next move is to go $34.5k.
    BTW, this dealer is Nalley, the same one I've read about earlier with the nightmare experience, so that's got me somewhat suspicious allready....
  • impact2ooimpact2oo Member Posts: 1
    THe worst experience I had was in October when I was ready to sign on a '06 g35x at infiniti of manhattan. They are a bunch of liars there. they told me the price with premium and navi would be $298 a month for 39 months with $3800 out of pocket. when all ready to sign, they put me in this room with some big guy who tries to scare you and act like they are doing you a favor. he brought up a problem i had with a car from 8 years ago where i missed 1 payment and said i needed to do the infiniti insurance discount deal which was $68 more a month and he wanted $5500 out of pocket. None of this was said to me when they told me my appication was approved. they are very rude and not trust worthy at infiniti of manhattan. stay away from them if your in ny. I went to pepe infiniti in white plains, ny and It was the most enjoyable experience i ever had getting a car. the lady who helped me was very polite and made me feel comfy. I told her the car i wanted, sign the application and within 3 minutes i signed the lease and picked up the car the next day.i paid $4100 out of pocket and $349 a month for 39 months 12k a year. I recommend Pepe Infiniti in White plains to anyone looking for an infiniti. The process is truley enjoyable.

the car is great, handles really well in the rain and bad weather. I'm waiting for snow so i can try the car out. the car is very comfy and is enjoyable to drive. I love the intelligent key feature & bluetooth! :P
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    I'm finally pulling the trigger on my 2007 G35 Sport Auto, w/ Premium and Navigation...and in perfect timing too since my current lease ends on friday, and I'm hopefully picking up the car on thursday!

1437.00 down (1st, title, tax, bank fee)
    4500.00 (9 security deposits)
    36 months
    15k miles/year
    $485.90 per month (including tax)

Not bad huh??
  • desidoggdesidogg Member Posts: 26
    Houston, TX... Damn.#$%@#%% and they took my V1 radar detector! WTF.... Anyone else have any problems with security in this car? How the hell did they break in so easily? And yes, i had the doors locked... I'm no country fool.

Damn, 450$ down the drain ;-(
  • phairphairphairphair Member Posts: 39
    What was the selling price of the car upon which your lease program is based? Did you agree to MSRP?
  • richbf2richbf2 Member Posts: 73
    Hi all. I place my order of an G35 M.T sport pck. with a dealership in Houston; it will come in Jan. I asked the guy about break-in period for M.T. He said that for manual tran. vehicles, it would NOT be neccesary to :confuse: :confuse: have a break-in period. I dont think this is right; i am very skeptical about this. To me, it is the same engine just different drive train. Right? Please post you inputs. Thanks
  • sprinkler13sprinkler13 Member Posts: 452
    No...the VPP plan is the employee friends and family plan. There is no negotiating the price...it is what it is, and it is NOT MSRP. I'll post more details as soon as I physically have the car since I haven't picked it up yet. But if you know anyone who works for Nissan you should be able to qualify for it as long as they can get you a VPP number, and those are individually assigned to the purchaser. The other issue is finding a dealership who will accept the VPP plan since they are under no obligation to do so...and a few that I've talked to won't right now because the car is "hot".
  • jtlajtla Member Posts: 388
    There is a thread discussing break-in where you may find some useful information.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.f102f24!make=Infiniti&model=G35&ed- _makeindex=.f102f24
  • yogiowneryogiowner Member Posts: 117
    i happened to be hear, to let readers know that the dealer i bought my 06 x sedan (under $29) - who i was "concerned" about - they just agreed to give me two free oil changes and detailings.

service is getting better all the time. they express mailed my license plates to me. the courier screwed up, so i got the courier to refund the service delivery fee to the dealer.

I hope they appreciate it. it was my way of thanking them for being professional and addressing my basic needs.

I initially started with infiniti of manhattan. i found them to be very, very shady. first they tried to sell me a 2003 model with shoddy brakes. then i gave them my price which they said they could not match. they would not go below 31k, so i discontinued contact with them. i'm very happy i did.

I did some research; i believe they are owned by bay ridge motors. that company owns a lot of dealerships in new york and is NOTORIOUS for screwing customers.
  • travispetetravispete Member Posts: 24
    What was the purchase price of this vehicle? I have been quoted at MSRP only!
    I haven't purchased yet, but one place (Sheehy in MD) said they'll take $1500 off MSRP on any 07 G35. I've been quoted $2000 off through a local buying service. JBA Infiniti in MD also said they could beat most other DC area deals. Hope it helps...don't take my Sport though.
  • daveyd088daveyd088 Member Posts: 9
    The bottom line price you will pay for this car from most dealers in my area is $200-$500 over invoice. Depends on color and equipment, garnet ember or lakeshore slate with premuim and navi is impossible. Most places are offering 1000-2000 discount, which is pretty much splitting the difference in MSRP and invoice. If you factory order a car, it will be at sticker. i sell these cars every day and these are the best deals i've seen. however, it's been a slow month and managers need to make their numbers, so this last week may tell the tale.
    I've seen on the VPP site that the G35 isn't yet available for VPP, at least for Plan-D? What area are you in where they are selling for $200-$500 over invoice. Thanks for posting your experiences!