Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    Vehicle Purchase Program - VPP site. If you work for Nissan, know someone who does, or work for a company that has a business relationship with Nissan you can buy a new car for a pre-negotiated price really close to invoice.

Dennis
  • brunnabrunna Member Posts: 53
    Thank you for your thoughts. The car is an auto, but I came up with the same numbers you did. About $35,926. I don't have a way to get a VPP code, but I am a very good negotiator and actually enjoy that part of this game anyway.

My only other choice right now is a 2007 TL Type-S which they are giving $2,500 in dealer cash. I figured invoice of $34,968 - holdback - dealer cash = $31,994. Now that's a bargain!

I am driving the G tomorrow at 11am EST and I will see what he says about the van on a trade. Next stop is the Acura dealer, then it's decision-time. Anyone else want to weigh in on this topic please?
    Acura makes nice cars and I love the way the TL looks - but it is a stinkin' FWD car at that "ruins" it for me :D. If you drive (aggressively) the G and the TL-S back to back there is no comparison just due to the RWD VS FWD. Now most folks these days seem to have never driven a RWD car and "don't know any better" so the torque steer and associated FWD issues may not bother them - but I have had a lot of RWD drive cars and would not spend the money on any sort of premium car with FWD.

The auto G invoice looks like $36,407 with an MSRP of $39,905 so right at $36k at the dealer makes nothing mark. An auto TL-S w/all season tires looks like $35,638 - $2,500 dealer money - hold back = $31,974.15 . So a good bit cheaper for a similarly equipped car - but no intelligent cruise in the TL-S and that pesky FWD issue :D .

I have not met a dealer yet who will lose much money to move a car, so unless they can bury some loss in your trade you are limited in how low a price you can get. In the case of the G, with no dealer money on the 07 cars you might as well get an 08. You can drop the tech pack and still get the backup camera (on 08s) - you do without the intelligent cruise but save about $950 at invoice (on an 08).

Dennis
  • nealnnealn Member Posts: 3
    I agree with the others here - get realistic. By now, the '07s are going through the Infiniti auctions, and those prices paid set a retail price floor, for the same reasons stated above. Example from 12/12 in Dallas: '07 Journey with moonroof only, 11k miles, $27k auction price. Add $500 for auction and cleanup costs = $27.5k

VPP price on an absolutely equivalent '08 model, now with standard XM $31.3

Not the same car, but the pricing relationship still holds, you can beat the guy up all you want, but the car won't get any cheaper than what it would cost to replace it.

Let us know how you came out, I'd love to have that car.
  • packrfanpackrfan Member Posts: 50
    is there a website that lists recent auction prices? I'd be interested in checking it to establish lowest floor (or should that 'expected') trade-in offer. I have a 99 TL w/ 78k in excellent shape and am afraid i'll be lowballed. thnx
    By now the dealer owns that car and while they need to move it, I can't see them giving it away for a large loss. Heck, a few months ago my local dealer still had 2-3 06 sedans new on the lot. Infiniti did offer support to move the left over coupes they never offered anything (that we know of) to try to help move the sedans.

Dennis
    The salesman didn't show up at 11am (he forgot!), so I called him and got him to come down in the afternoon. I went for a nice test drive and fell in love with the ride of this awesome machine. We talked a little bit about price, and I got the impression the general manager told him that "around invoice" ($35) was what he is willing to sell it for. That is, until they get desperate and move it back in the showroom and put a big red tag on it with a super low price to move it. I want to drive the TL Type-S as a basis for comparison, but assuming the G is the best choice for me and with the impending snowstorm hitting the Mid-Atlantic this weekend, I am thinking of offering a flat $33,000, then see if he wants my Odyssey on trade. He said to take KBB "good" trade in and subtract $1,500 as the general offer they make. That puts it at $11,200 to start. I'm not in a hurry, but if I like something, I am the worst impulse buyer. They do still have 4.9% for 60 mos too....hmm.....I'll keep you all informed. Thanks for the information so far, keep it coming!
  • nringnring Member Posts: 97
    Dwynne what does T.T.L stand for? i see poeple use it in the term invoice + ttl....??

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• boston2007boston2007 Member Posts: 4
    Has anyone had any experience with Infiniti of Norwood?
  • kkcarkkcar Member Posts: 2
    I am torn! Did anyone compare the two vehicles? What are your thoughts, if so! I need to make a decision in a day or so and loved both! :confuse: ">
    KKCar
    For what it's worth, I drove the IS250 against a G35 Sport, and there is no comparison in my mind. The G blows the Lexus away; more room, more technology, more get up and go, more fun. I am cross-shopping the Acura TL Type S against the G now to see which fits me better. I am a bank exec, so I want something with the status and luxury that I can also have fun in, seeing that I drive about 24,000 miles a year. Good luck, but always have fun in the process too.
    TTL = Tax, Title, and License.

We try to encourage folks to post the price they paid for the car including the destination fee and any dealer "doc" or "prep" fees but EXCLUDING TTL. TTL varies widely from state to state, county to county and even city to city. So if I post I paid $37k "out the door" (everything including TTL) it may sound like a good deal, but if I lived where there was little or no sales tax then the deal would not be as hot. Or if you live where there is a high license fee (based on the value of the car) or where there is a high tax fee - your prices would always seem to high to others.

If you post you got the car for $35k + TTL then others will know that the $35k was for the car and they can figure out their own TTL to get an out the door cost.

Dennis
    gotcha...makes sense...1 last questions...i see doc fees, desitiantion fees, and aquisition fee's...now i am going to lease with nothing down or nothing to trade in but telling the dealers i am buying at first to get the best negotiated price....are all 3 fees similar, which one can i have waived, and what one can i expect to pay 'put of pocket' for when i sign the lease...i noticed the destination fee seems to be included in the sale price when quoted...not sure about the other ones...thanks again for all yoru help...i need to buy quickly but trying to be smart and not let them know...

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• kkcarkkcar Member Posts: 2
    - this was helpful! The Lexus is a smoother ride, but the G reminded me of my first car: a Z with the rack and pinion steering! It DOES have a lot of zip - and more room, too. I looked at the Aura, but it didn't capture my attention as much.Oh - what to do?!

KKCar
    You can roll the fees and taxes into the cap cost of the lease. The payments, of course, will be higher, but you get do the deal with just the first month's payment due at signing or even do a sign and drive (nothing due). You can put a lot down for a lower payment, but most folks advise against that. One the cost of the car and lease terms are known, the payment just goes up or down with how much or how little you pay into it.

You negotiate the price first, once you get close to invoice for the car, destination, and dealer fees then you are ready to worry about the lease terms. We have the buy rate MF for the 24, 36, and 48 month terms you will know if the dealer tries to jack them up. The bank fee (acquisition fee) is $595 and must also be paid or rolled into the lease. If you get the car near invoice and lease at the buy rate, then as long as the dealer does not sneak any add on fees into the deal then you have "a good deal" and are paying a nice price for the car, a decent lease rate, and whatever the TTL fees are where you live. If the payment is more that what you want to pay every month, then you can either put more into the lease or get a less expensive (or less optioned) car. If you go in and tell the dealer "I only want to pay $400 a month" they may be able to do it, but you will end up with a 60 month lease or something silly like that. So get the price, get the buy rate, and the taxes and payment will be what they are.

Dennis
  • ncognito13ncognito13 Member Posts: 66
    TTL= Tax, tags, License...............
    Dennis, thank you agan for this. I have yet to be able to find out true Invoice, MF, and Residual % for the 2008 Accord EX-L V6 with Navi for a lease of 36 months, 12 miles per year, nothing down, in PA with Tier 1 credit. Did you say you have the MF and Residual for my scenario? If so, can you share this with me? :)

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

I have not seen the Accord lease rates, you might want to ask over in the Accord leasing forum.

The invoice can be found here on Edmunds, at KBB, carsdirect.com, etc.

Most Honda dealers do not mark up the lease money factors at all and they can't change the residual values in any case. So I would go lookup the invoice and make your best deal and the lease should be fine. I would do the same with several dealers and while the negotiated price of the car may not be the same, the residual and MF should be - so you know you have the buy rate.

Dennis
    Thank you. Do you have the lease rates for the G35x with Navi and premium package but not the technology package..i am looking for the MF and Residual % for 12k/miles per year for 36 months with nothing down..I am located in PA with 9% sales lease tax..I was quoted:

INFINITI 2008 G35x
    Black / Graphite (Black)
    Premium / Navigation / Wood
    MSPR $39,925
    Sale Price $36,975

INFINITI 2008 G35x
    Black / Graphite (Black)
    Premium / Navigation
    MSPR $39,475
    Sale Price $36,569

:)

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

• matman33matman33 Member Posts: 1
    Picked up Lakeshore Blue 2008 G35X w/ sunroof for a few hundred below invoice and was loving it the whole drive home. Once I got home though a problem came up. When the salesperson said the back seats did not fold down my first question was can you put a ski rack on the vehicle. He said yes and I moved along not thinking anything of it. Now I am searching all over the internet and cannot find a rack. Yakima and Thule do not have racks on their website for the '07 or '08. Has anyone out their found a rack for their G35??

Thanks
    The G35x rates were posted and are the same no matter how equipped - anything from a base car to a fully loaded one - same rate and same residual percentage.

Dennis
    The G literature says: "Fold-down rear-center armrest with locking trunk pass-through" . So it sounds like you could use that to transport your skis.

Dennis
    I wish you luck with your decision. I just posted my buying experience on the other forum today, as I chose the Acura TL Type-S. For me, it just fits perfectly. A nice blend of class, luxury, practicality, technology and sport. The G is a nice car, but even after using my brother's name/company to get a VPP code, the price I was quoted for the one I liked was about $36k. I paid $33,700 for the Acura as the deals right now are really good. After 95 miles and smiles, I know I made the right choice for me! :):):)
  • treadstone71treadstone71 Member Posts: 4
    Hi Folks,

I'm looking to buy a new car in a couple of weeks (looking to purchase between Christmas and New Years).

I'm looking for a 2008 G35 sedan, either base model or the next one up (Journey)...I have to read up on the differences still.

I live in the bay area, CA, but am willing to drive up to ~150-200 miles to get teh right deal.

MSRP for the two models I'm looking at are: $31.6K and $32K. What is a good deal that you think I should shoot for (pre-TTL)? Is invoice plus $300-500 doable?

I'm not looking to get any added options, the base cars by themselves will suit me fine (ok, maybe the sport package). Are most of the vechicles on teh lots loaded with options? Do they discount the lightly or non-optioned cars less?

One last question: I believe the 2007 G35 was a new model, thus the body style shouldn't change for at least another ~3 years or so, is that correct?

Thanks for any/all feedback.
  • phil08phil08 Member Posts: 3
    I am in the same boat as you. I am trying to buy before the new year because the deals are supposed to be better. I was quoted 500 over invoice for the Journey w/moonroof and splashguards from Oakland. I was actually looking for one with premium. Someone had mentioned invoice in Sac, but they haven't given a quote and I haven't had time to sit down with them.
    There is not much difference between the base and the journey models - dual zone climate control and in-dash 6 disc changer - the big difference is you can't add any of the option packs to the base car. No sport pack, no premium pack, etc. In fact, you can't add ANY options to a base car - so no heated seats, moonroof, etc - nothing but the base car.

I highly recommend you get at least the premium package on a journey (if you want an automatic):

Power sliding tinted glass moonroof with one-touch open/close, tilt feature and sliding sunshade
    • Infiniti Studio on Wheels™ by Bose® premium audio system with 24-bit Burr-Brown DAC, single-feed 6-disc CD autochanger with MP3 playback capability, Radio Data System (RDS), and ten speakers, including 3-way component front door speakers with 10-inch subwoofers and a parcel shelf-mounted subwoofer
    • Interface System for iPod®
    • Driver's Audio Stage
    • Heated front seats
    • 2-way power driver's seat lumbar support
    • Memory system for driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirrors
    • Driver's seat, steering wheel and outside mirror position synchronization
    • One-touch auto-up/down rear windows with safety auto-reverse feature
    • Power tilt and telescoping steering column synchronizes gauge cluster with column for improved vision
    • Automatic anti-glare rearview mirror with HomeLink® Universal Transceiver and compass (compass not included when combined with Navigation Package)
    • Bluetooth® Hands-Free Phone System
    • Heated outside mirrors

IIRC it is $2,155 at invoice and well worth it for all you get - and makes your car worth a lot more when you go to sell or trade it than a stripped car would be.

As to what you can do, price wise, that is up to you and what dealers will do. I have never targeted the end of the year as any better time to buy that any other, but you never know. The lease deals and dealer money normally get better starting around Feb or March or April. In any case, folks are saying that they are getting near, at or even under invoice pricing so anything is possible.

If you pay base on invoice +- a few hundred then you get the options you want for invoice price, there is no "more discounting on this model" since you do not care what the sticker says - only what the invoice is. Now if you take something they can't move - odd color choice or a stripped car - then they may be more willing to deal than on something more mainstream. I would not ask about that as an option since I would not want to have to drive/buy it and they may try to stick you with that car if you show an interest in it - and give you much higher prices on the nicer cars.

The sedan was redone for 2007 so it will be a few years before any major changes. The coupe is new for 2008 so it will not change soon either.

Dennis
  • hawkmanvahawkmanva Member Posts: 27
    I was quoted $36K for the following

2008 G35 Journey
    Premium Package
    Technology
    Navi
    Wood
    Cargo Net
    Mug guards

Invoice seems to be $35,777 for the above. This includes destination but not taxes, title, tags, or the $399 processing fee.
    I get $35,699 for what you list, your price is $36,399 including the "processing" fee so you are looking at $700 over invoice. That is not terrible, but others have reported doing a little better - but it can vary with region and dealer.

Dennis
    There is also a $900 dealer hold back I learned from Consumer Reports on the Journey.. and the hold back goes up more from there.
    The Edmunds page shows Infiniti holdback as 1% of base MSRP, so you are talking about $330-400 on a G35 sedan and not $900. I have seen other numbers posted - like 1% of MSRP + 2% of invoice = holdback and that sounds like what CR thinks it is. An Infiniti GM said it was 1.5% of (MSRP - destination fee). In any case only a very desperate dealer on maybe a left over last year's model is going to deal way down into holdback. For our purposes we just need to know that at invoice they "make money" and I am not sure the exact amount is material unless you are getting an 07 now.

Most dealers do not want to deal into holdback at all - or have you mention it and how much it is. You can get invoice or below deals in some cases and yes they do still "make money" if you do :D .

Dennis
    dennis, i cant seem to find the residual and MF for the 08 g35x with navi and prem package...can you provide?

Thanks,

Noah
    AskNoah@icloud.com

Well, my final price is $35,949 for the 08 Journey with nav, prem, technology, wheel locks, trunk mat, splash guards, and wood.

Add to that $399 processing fee and the total before Tax, Title is $36,348.00

The local dealer here played games so did this all online. I told the local dealer right from the start to not play games, I wasn't for it. One day maybe they will deal straight. Auto Salespeople are the least trusted people in the world according to a report.. too bad, not all are like that.
    They are posted right here in the G35 lease forum.

Dennis
    Sounds like a nice deal. Edmunds shows invoice of $35,728 not counting the dealer installed wheel locks - which are $30-32 at the online discount places - so say $35,760 or $588 over invoice including the dealer fee. Note that there can a little difference in "invoice" pricing depending on which online source you check at any given time :D.

I have found if I go through the "Internet department" or the "Internet sales manager" I have pretty good results - for sure when I tell them I am from out of town. They know that to get my business they have to offer me there best price and no BS either. Most of my local dealers (any brand) can't or won't deal so most of the time I don't bother with them. They may treat out of town buyers better for the same reasons out of town dealers treat me better - strange, but could be true. Salesfolks need to make a living too, but they should not play games to get it. When they see someone is serious about buying and is shopping for the best price and is willing to go out of town to get it - they should just give you the best they can do. The buyer might find that is "close enough" and just buy from them to avoid having to travel to save a little money.

What colors did you pick?

Enjoy your new G!

Dennis
    Blue slate with graphite interior.
    Nice choice!

Love the graphite interior. If the lease rates ever get "right" again mine will be "liquid platinum" (AKA Silver) with graphite (AKA black) leather w/6mt, premium/nav/tech.

Dennis
    I can save $1,050 by not getting the tech package.. is it really worth it?
    Used to be (to me), it was. With the 07 sedans the tech package included the rear view camera, the adaptive "RADAR" cruise control, and adaptive (swivel) headlights. For 08 on the sedan and new G37 coupe they raised the cost of the NAV system and include the rear-view camera with that package. So the tech is just the fancy cruise, the swiveling lights, and the pre-crash seat belts. I wanted the rear view camera so on an 07 I would HAVE to take the tech package to get it. For 08 I can choose not to. It is $948 at invoice on a journey car and $1,100 invoice. If you travel a lot and use the cruise, the RADAR cruise is really nice - on extended test drives I used it and it works quite well. Otherwise, you could save the $948 and skip it.

Actually, the NAV part of the nav pack you could just skip as well. All OEM NAV systems are way overpriced and not nearly as up to date as a $200 Garmin. But in this case you get the crummy, out of date NAV but you also get the 9gb music hard drive, compact flash slot, XM sat radio w/3 months free service, trunk mounted (rather than dash mounted) 6 disc MP3/CD changer, the rear view camera, voice recognition, and XM traffic (for an extra fee if you live in a city they cover). All of that is $1,853 at invoice a journey - but has enough stuff I want to make me willing to pay the price - and put up with the out of date NAV system. This has to be one of the nicest sounding OEM systems I have heard - only the Lexus Levinson system sounds better, but it also has so many ways to get the music to you: XM, ipod adapter (on 08s), 9gb hard drive, 6 disc CD/MP3 changer, CF slot in the dash, and even an audio and video input in the center console!

On other OEM NAV system you could by CDs or a DVD to update them, they were silly high (more again than the cost of a new Garmin) but you could update the maps. The G NAV is hard disk based (the MP3 hard hold 9gb of music and the rest is the NAV maps, etc) so this will be a dealer update item, I am told. No update is out yet and who knows what they will soak us for when it does come out. At several Infiniti dealers I tried to pull up that dealership while sitting in the car on their lot - and it was not on there! They were in my Garmin database with the latest maps.

Dennis
    Interesting. I think I am going to skip the technology package. By doing so, the dealer I am buying from is 3 hours away and they offered to bring the car to me. That saves me about $300 since I would have to pay about $150 in gas for 2 cars, $100 for the hotel over night (I have 2 kids they aint going to ride for 6 hours) and meals if I went and picked up the one with tech package. My guess they have someone who also wants the one with the tech so they are offering me a little carrot.

So the new price without tech and not including processing fee or the other fees is $34,899.
  • andres3andres3 Member Posts: 13,729
    What the heck is that? Do all Infiniti dealers tack on this business expense?
    '15 Audi Misano Red Pearl S4, '16 Audi TTS Daytona Gray Pearl, Wife's '19 VW Tiguan SEL 4-Motion
    All dealers I have seen regardless of brand. They used to say this was so to pay the office staff for registering the car etc.. but now it is all done electronically so it isn't like someone is going to DMV to stand in line. It is a bogus expense and consumers should start to call dealers out on it.
    Most dealers here have some "doc" or "prep" or "precessing fee" - some are as high as $595! In some states there are laws to limit the amount that can be charged to something reasonable, but it most states it is whatever the market will pay. Most dealers that have a high fee have it pre-printed on all their forms which gives the customers the idea that they HAVE to pay it - but they do not but may end up with a higher car price to offset not paying the fee :D .

When I am price shopping and when I post online I always include this fee along with the car and destination since that is the true cost of the car - exclusive of tax, title and tags which vary widely based on where you live or register the car.

Most luxury dealers have a really hefty fee but there are few dealers that charge $0 now but from time to time you can find one. Usually no harm in the fee as long as you take that into account. If one dealer will sell you the car for invoice with a $400 doc fee and another has no doc fee and a price that is $500 over invoice which would you take? You save $100 by paying the fee in this case - which is all that matters.

The only real issue is if you have a VPP claim code (Nissan discount code for employees, families, and the employees of business partners). That price is pre-negotiated at around $300 over invoice for a G and does not include and dealer fees - so you really want a dealer with no or low fees do to a VPP deal. Of course these days some folks are getting lower than VPP prices w/o a VPP claim code.

Dennis
  • aqflipino1aqflipino1 Member Posts: 2
    39month/15,000miles lease

2008 G35 Journey
    -Premium Package
    -Navigation Package
    -Tire and Wheel Package

0 down... sign and drive.
    $578/month (with taxes and everything)
    Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • doubled23doubled23 Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking at the G35x and can get VPP (Plan D) through my company. Where I live there is only one Infiniti dealership, so I figure VPP is going to get me the best price.

My problem with VPP is the Dealer Delivery Fee that is added into the cost. You still have to pay Destination charges with VPP, so what's with this Delivery Fee? It's like they're whacking you twice to "deliver" the car for you.

I think I already know the answer to my question, but is this Dealer Delivery Fee negotiable? I figure that since this is an Infiniti corporate program its not, but has anybody else out there done a VPP deal recently? Any shenanigans I can pull to skate out of the fees?
    I'm not sure what that is, but I am buying mine from out of state at Crossroads Infinity in Raleigh NC. Local dealer was not nice. Email me if you want the sales person's name.
    If you worked for Nissan/Infiniti you cold get a car for invoice or less, since you don't you can get one for just over invoice - the VPP price.

Basically that is the dealer profit for handling the deal for you. On the G plan D is < $300 over invoice plus any dealer add ons or fees. If you work with a dealer that has no doc or prep fee and don't get any dealer add ons (wheel locks, moonroof wind deflector, etc) then all you pay is the VPP price - which is a reasonable deal.

On an employee deal 100% of this "fee" is paid by Nissan, on a plan D deal you pay 1/2 and Nissan pays the other 1/2 IIRC. So the dealer does get to make more than the $300 over invoice, but not a lot.

I would not get hung up and what they call it in the formula, just concentrate on "no haggle for less than $300 over invoice". Some folks are reporting they can get better deals w/o a VPP claim code, others report not so good.

If the dealer participates in VPP (it is optional) and has little or no dealer fee, then just pick out the car you want and drive it home.

Dennis
  • doubled23doubled23 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks, man. With all the stuff you read about dealer processing fees, prep fees, advertising fees, etc., I was just wondering if this was another way to slide in some profit on the sale. The moral of the story here though is that you're getting a car at about $300 over invoice and don't have to do any haggleing.

Now what happens with my trade-in, that'll be a different story...
    At times, VPP can net you a good deal without any work but in other times the VPP price would be higher than you could get on your own. Folks have been posting some deals around invoice here lately so they seem to be able to do as good or better without VPP.

They do take trades on VPP deals, but that will be pretty much the same song and dance as if you didn't have a VPP claim code. It could be a bit better because they are making 5% as the delivery fee - even on a base G this would be $1,500 and on a loaded up coupe could be $2,000 or so. Your price is $300 over but they make a 5% delivery fee - Nissan charges them the discounted invoice on the car so they keep the 1/2 the fee you pay plus the 1/2 Nissan pays. So if you negotiated $500 over on your own they would make $500 plus holdback, with the VPP price you PAY $300 over but they make $1,500-2,0000 plus holdback. Does that make sense?

In any case you should always evaluate your used car options - sell it yourself, sell it to another dealer (Driver's Way, Carmax, etc), or trade it in . Getting the current values before talking to the dealer will let you know if they are in the ballpark or not. In most states you get a tax credit for a trade in, here that is 7% of what they give you as trade. So if the dealer gives you $10,000 that is $10,700 net discount. If you sell the car to someone else you don't get the tax credit.

Dennis
  • subicbaysubicbay Member Posts: 2
    I'm looking into buying G35x 08. I'm interested in purchasing the car with NAV.
    I was told that can't get the NAV without the premium package. The NAV invoice is $1850.00 and the Premium is $1900.

Is it true that I can't have the NAV without getting the Premium?

Thank you all for your help.

Subicbay
    Is it true that I can't have the NAV without getting the Premium?

Yep, it says so right on the Infiniti web page.

Navigation Package

- Infiniti Hard Drive Navigation System with touchscreen, Lane Guidance and 3-D building graphics
    - XM NavTraffic® providing Real-Time Traffic[1] information
    - 9.3GB Music Box hard drive and compact flash slot for playing MP3 files
    - Infiniti Voice Recognition for climate control, audio, information and navigation systems
    - RearView Monitor

The RearView Monitor is a convenience but is not a substitute for proper backing procedures. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. RearView Monitor may not detect every object behind you.

Requires Premium Package

To me, the premium package is a must-have and the NAV is not as much. The compelling reasons to get the NAV package are not the NAV - to get the XM, hard drive jukebox, voice command, and the rearview camera - the NAV itself is not that good - the maps are way out of date.

Dennis