Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• subicbaysubicbay Member Posts: 2
    Dennis,

Thank you for the valuable info.

Subicbay
  • starbuxxstarbuxx Member Posts: 4
    I have an offer of $33,995 for a 2008 Infiniti G35 Journey with premium package in graphite. The sticker price on the car is $35,250. They are offering me $3000 on my trade in of a 97 Honda Accord SE, automatic with 100k miles. I checked invoice in Edmunds and it is approximately $32,350. The deal also has the 3.9 financing for 60 months. What is an appropriate counter offer over invoice? I loved the car more than I expected to and was leaning towards a 2006 CPO BMW 325i with 16,000 miles. Now I have the choice between a new G35 or a 2 year old BMW.

Thanks for any feeback and I'm in Northern California if that makes a difference.
  • hawkmanvahawkmanva Member Posts: 27
    I just got a Journey with premium, nav, technology, rear cargo mat, rear cargo net, mud flaps, wheel locks, for $35,495, which is $12 over invoice.

You should be able to get it for invoice. They have somewhere about $500-600 dealer hold back the dealer will make even if they sell it for invoice. They are also prob charging you a $399 processing fee. So ask for invoice or walk.
  • mikeintheocmikeintheoc Member Posts: 23
    FYI for everyone...ended up with a great lease.

Invoice 34007 Prem/Sport/trunk mat/cargo net/splashguard
    Oil changes - 240 (AAA discount)
    15K miles, 36mo
    Drive off in CA - 886
    Monthly in CA - 527

They quoted me a MF 0.00195? not the typical MF for a 36mo 15K mi from IFS.
    Anyway, real easy deal...awesome ride.

--Mike
  • hawkmanvahawkmanva Member Posts: 27
    That is a better money factor than what I was quoted, but is still = to 5% interest.
  • iceman2011iceman2011 Member Posts: 12
    packrfan,

i got one qoute from motorwerks in hoffman estates at 34,500 + ttl for a G35X with moonroof and spoiler. From what i heard the inifinit dealer in lisle is the biggest in the MIdwest so i am expecting a something better from them. Let me know if you find someone better. Maybe we can a better deal if we mention we got 2-3 people interested
  • mikeintheocmikeintheoc Member Posts: 23
    It's part of the game I guess. They kept changing the MF and Residual around to get the same same amount paid over the term of the lease (LOL). I told them to just get me to the lowest total amount paid over 3 years. I knew the MF and Residual from IFS, but the dealer can definitely do better. You might have to leave the dealership a few times to get your way or just do everything over phone and email.

Thanks to everyone on this forum! It really helped me get the deal I was comfortable with and to put the screws down!
  • dwynnedwynne Member Posts: 4,018
    It really does not work like that - at least not for an IFS lease. They have a MF and a residual and they pretty much is it. Now there is no reason the dealer can't shop the lease deal around to any of the many lease banks they could be dealing with and get you a better net payment. Normally the 3rd party bank residual is a bit lower than the IFS number, but at times the MF can be lower as well. Unless he IFS number changes mid-month then you must have a lease with someone else - or you are not correct in the MF you posted.

What the dealer can change is the amount they charge you for the car, they can't give you a lower rate than the IFS or other lease bank says you qualify for and they sure can't change the lease bank's residual - but as I said they can shop around and get you the lowest payment if one is offered by a difference bank.

Hard to say without more info - residual amount, break down of the cap cost and money paid at signing, tax rate, tag cost, etc.

Dennis
  • gertybertygertyberty Member Posts: 1
    Hi, I just saw your post asking about dealership experiences in Nashville, Alabama, Chatanooga etc. Did not see any replies however. I am now looking for a M35 and have the same question you had. What dealership did you end up buying from, and how did you like them?
    Thank you---
  • bg18947bg18947 Member Posts: 184
    I saw the new G35X Sport (badged G35XS) at the dealership today. I plan on ordering one this week. The price I got using the Corporate VPP plan through my wife's employer discount is $460 over invoice which is $37,317 for a G35X w/ Prem., Nav., and Sport pkgs, including destination charges, in NJ. I am waiting for another dealership to give me his VPP pricing, which he says is normally $300 over invoice. Costco pricing is also very good at $500 over invoice.

I saw that some folks were paying invoice prices on the board. Are any of these dealers in the NYC metro area?

Happy Holidays! :shades:
    VPP pricing should be fixed - you pay the set price (printed on the invoice) plus any dealer doc or prep fees and for any dealer added options. So you need to find a dealer that has little or no doc fee and will honor the VPP pricing. On a loaded up G sedan this would be $300 or less over invoice, on a loaded up G37 it would be a little over $300, and even on a near $50k M45 it would be less than $400.

Formula:

Invoice less destination less 1.65% discount, plus dealer added options, if any, plus 2.5% fee, plus destination = VPP plan C pricing.

So your price of $460 over invoice sounds too high to me, must be the dealer fee jacking it up.

Folks are reporting getting better deals w/o VPP pricing, but that depends on the dealer you work with, your timing, and negotiating skills. If you find a no doc fee dealer, your x would be $275 or so over invoice without any haggle or effort on your part (other than finding the right dealer). You may can save a little bit more but I would not expend a lot of effort trying to save so little :D .

Dennis
  • rippingpantsrippingpants Member Posts: 19
    For employees of NNA and Affiliate-companies and their immediate family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

A & B PLAN
    Dealer invoice
    Minus VPP discount (Nissan 4.3% : Infiniti 3.58%)
    Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    Plus destination and handling charge
    Minus applicable incentives
    Equals participant’s purchase price

For NNA and affiliate employee sponsored friends and extended family members, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

C PLAN
    Dealer invoice
    Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    Plus dealer added options, Security Plus, Infiniti Extended Protection Plan, etc.
    Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    Equals participant's purchase price

For Business Associates, the VPP price is calculated as follows:

D PLAN
    Dealer invoice
    Minus VPP discount (Nissan 2.87% : Infiniti 1.65%)
    Plus 2.5% delivery fee of dealer invoice after VPP discount has been subtracted
    Equals participant's purchase price

Hope that clears up some confusion.

Yes, In theory, unless you have an VPP A or B plan, you can negotiate yourself a better deal than VPP C and D plans.
    Hope that clears up some confusion.

Yes, In theory, unless you have an VPP A or B plan, you can negotiate yourself a better deal than VPP C and D plans.

No confusion here.

Most folks can only get the C or D plan which is the same and figures out to < $300 over invoice with no negotiation. If you have an A or B plan code then again no negotiation needed to get under invoice.

The point is that there is no "negotiation" if you have a VPP claim code - the price is set by Nissan. The only variables are the dealer doc fee, if any, and any dealer installed options the dealer or you add to the car - other than those the price is fixed and no negotiation needed.

With some folks reporting prices below VPP pricing then you just need to make sure you explore that option first - get your best prices for the car with destination and fees included. If you can get under VPP then don't even mention the claim code. If you can't get to that number, then use the VPP claim code. Still, I have not seen a lot of prices that beat VPP by a lot - so it would not be unreasonable to just use the VPP code and save all the time and trouble of haggling - only so save $100-200 or something.

Dennis
    Thanks, Everyone! I'm going to put the order in today at Pepe Infiniti in White Plains for the G35XS at $300 over invoice with the D Plan. Initially, I went to Ramsey Infiniti and they gave me a quote at $1060 over invoice after I told them that I had a quote of $500 over with Costco and also presented them my VPP claim code. I found this kind of insulting. Did they think I wasn't going to check the numbers after getting home? I live in Jersey, but I'm willing to drive over to Westchester for the no-hassle/no-haggle pricing. Lynnes in Bloomfield also gave a reasonable quote, but the folks over a Pepe seem to be straight-shooters to me. I'll let you know how it goes.

I also got a call this morning from Park Avenue Acura honoring my request to pay $33,850 for an Acura TL Type-S. This took a bit of negotiating after reviewing the helpful information from other Edmunds forum experiences. But, I told them I am set on the Infiniti.

I'm going to order Liquid Platinum with Graphite Interior with Prem/Nav/Sport pkgs. Picking a color was difficult, but the Silver wins probably because it looked really sharp in the showroom. The alternative was Blue Slate.
  • anks175anks175 Member Posts: 3
    Hey Guys,
    Thankx for sharing your experiences..i did read a lot about the car over here before finally buying one from Competition in Smithtown , Long Island. Josh - is the sales guy who helped me out and he was great. Thankx Josh

The price they offered was a real good one - 08-G35x, Perm, NAV, Cargo Net & Mudguards - $35500 + taxes & registration.

I live in Boston so saved another 3.5% on taxes (8.5 in NY v 5 in MA)

Folks in Tristate might want to consider Competition, i spoke with one other dealer in NJ and they were giving a better offer but since i dealt with smithtown first it didnt feel right to go to a different dealer for ~500 bucks difference.

well good luck with your search -
    BTW love the car
    2008 Infiniti G35
    Journey 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)
    Invoice
    National Base Price $29,480
    A note about advertising fees
    Regional Adjustment -
    for Zip Code
    Change
    Optional Equipment $6,292
    P01 Premium Package $2,155
    U01 Infiniti Navigation Package $1,853
    S01 Sport Package $1,422
    J01 Moonroof $862
    Color Adjustment -
      Liquid Platinum
    Destination Charge $715
    Total with Options $36,487
    {Plus $300 <----Dealer profit}

Also included 4 mats, working on getting the spoiler for free. So looking @ $36,787. With no Dealer fee as I asked twice.
    I went to Ramsey Infiniti and they gave me a quote at $1060 over invoice after I told them that I had a quote of $500 over with Costco and also presented them my VPP claim code. I found this kind of insulting. Did they think I wasn't going to check the numbers after getting home?

So you gave them the VPP code and then they gave you a $1060 over invoice quote? No dealer has to honor VPP pricing, it is strictly voluntary on the dealer's part and they can add any dealer installed options and their normal "doc" fee to the VPP price. Locally the dealer has a $500 doc fee and lots of pre-installed "can't remove" dealer add-ons like wind deflector, nitrogen tire fill, etc. So a VPP price from them can be $1k or more over actual invoice. Go where there are no add-ons (that you do not want) and no doc fee and you are looking at < $300 over invoice.

Dennis
    The moonroof is part of the premium package, if the dealer is charging you $862 for it they are making all that in extra profit.

$35,625 is the invoice for a journey sedan with premium/nav/sport, which is $1,162 less than your price.

Almost every G I have ever seen has the port installed splash guards and cargo net (or mat) which would make the invoice $35,785 with the net and splash. Very, very few cars around here every show up at the dealer w/o these added. In fact, the dealer can ORDER a car for you and it will show up with these added though you did not order them.

"Front and rear carpeted floor mats" are included with every G as well, so if the dealer is claiming they are "throwing them in for free" then they are tricking you into thinking your deal is better than it is.

I think I would find a better, more honest dealer as this one has you thinking you are $300 over when you are nearly $1,200 over invoice.

Dennis
    The VPP "rules" say that when presented a valid VPP code they have to show you the actual invoice that has the VPP price on it. The only things they can add to that price (if they accept the code) are any dealer installed options, extended warranty, and the dealer "prep" or "doc" fees they normally charge. I would assume the difference between the actual VPP price and what was offered would fall into one or more of those categories.

What is typical varies with dealer as some load up the cars with "mop and glow" to boost the price for extra profit, some have high doc fees, some low, some have no fees. If you find a dealer with no add ons and no doc fee then VPP should be equal to what you work on given the formula.

Note that the VPP price as shown on the invoice does not include the destination fee. So your price would be that plus the fee which works out to less than < $300 under "invoice". When we refer to "invoice" we mean including the destination fee since you have to pay and there is no dealer markup on it.

Dennis
  • johndoesyjohndoesy Member Posts: 5
    I know this isn't the right forum for questions about an issue I'm having with Navigation, but I am looking for a quick response and this forum has the most traffic. Just so it's fair, I can tell you I just got a 2008 g35x with tech, nav and prem packages, plus wood trim, the cargo net and mud guards using the VPP plan D and I paid 300 over invoice in bridgewater, NJ. No haggle, no problems (except that the salesperson tried to add the destination charge on after the total price, but I called him on out on that, and he said he was only joking to test me - yeah right).

Now, my question is about my navigation system. The navigation system keeps turning the map while i'm driving or sitting in traffic in one location. Sometimes, it will turn the map so much that it shows my position as perpendicular to the road that i'm on and thinks i'm travelling off road. after a few minutes it places me back on the road in the correct direction, but will begin to turn again. this happens repeatedly and i was wondering if this is normal, or whether something is wrong. is there a simple way to reset the navigation or have it check my location that might fix this, or is it a dealer fix issue?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
  • tmnaaitytstmnaaityts Member Posts: 8
    Thanks Dennis.
    Have you ever heard of the dealer adding their cost of the "free" scheduled maintenance they offer for 36k miles on top of the VPP price ? Do you think that is appropriate? In my view, the dealer added options woudl be wheel locks, tint, wind deflector etc., but dont buy cars enough to know if that is the common. Waht are you thoughts here?

Question to the forum (or Dennis :) ) are you seeing that most/some/few dealers include some "free" sheduled maintenance in your net purchase price?
    I got the price from Edmunds with the added moonroof.
    If they add for it, then it is not free :D . If you are going to them for service anyway, then call the service department and ask what they charge for oil changes on a G and see what they say. Add up the cost of doing it every 7k-10k miles (whatever the G manual calls for) and compare to the pre-paid "free" maintenance and see how it works out.

Nothing is ever free - they may include the maintenance to compete with BMW, etc which have free maintenance for new cars. They also do it to justify a higher price (compared to another dealer) you have to decide if the benefit is worth the extra cost.

Note that they change the oil when the book and/or service indicator calls for it - NOT every 3 months / 3k miles. So the amount of the benefit should be calculated on what they WILL do for free.

To me, the dealer should not had ANYTHING to any car on the lot until they have a buyer and that buyer requests it. Some Honda dealers will add mud flaps or pin stripes, etc - cheap stuff - to all the cars but will not charge you for them when you are dealing near invoice with them. Some dealers load the cars up and add a side sticker to boost the price and make more money. If you try to negotiate the price they want to start at the MSRP + add ons and if you try to start from invoice they will mention invoice + add ons. With those dealers you are better off to just walk away and find one that does not pack crapola on the car before you have a chance to buy it.

Dennis
    Edmunds pricing is "dumb" - it will let you add options together that you can't order or buy on the same car. In this case, the moonroof is priced twice.

You need to find you a car, get the equipment list and MSRP on that car and research that invoice and see if that matches what the dealer is offering to you.

Dennis
    Thanks I already called the guy hopefully there's some remorse as I already signed the financially agreement but do not have the car yet.
    I put the order in for the G35X with Premium/NAV/Sport at Pepe in White Plains, $300 over Invoice with VPP Plan D. It will take about a week to get another dealer to trade for the car as I ordered it. The finance guy asked if I was interested in an extended warranty which would be $1392 which extends the std warranty to 7yrs/100,000 miles. This is my first Nissan product. The only time I ever bought an extended warranty was for my 2000 Honda Odyssey. The only thing that I got out of it were engine mounts when the the transmission was replaced after 6 yrs. The transmission was covered by an warranty extended to all owners up to 7yrs/70K miles. I also had the EGR port cleaning which created a Check Engine light to go on which was also a known issue covered by a special extended warranty to all owners. In summary, all that I got were 2 replacement engine mounts from buying the extended warranty. I actually bought it to cover the power sliding doors thinking that there could be an issue with it since it was new at Honda.

What's the history of Nissan products, Infiniti in particular? Should I decline the warranty? I only bring my cars into the dealership for brake/radiator/transmission fluid changes (for environmental disposal purposes). Oil changes and brakes (pads/rotors), spark plugs, I prefer doing on my own.

Can't wait to get the new ride!
    I would shop online for prices on the extended warranty and see how they stack up to your quote. There can be a LOT of added profit in the warranties. Note that under the VPP they are supposed to offer you a discount on the Infiniti warranty, you might ask if that IS the discounted price. You probably do not need the warranty, but if you do get one be sure you ONLY get the factory backed plan. Too many of the 3rd party plans have gone under and/or are not accepted everywhere. The factory backed plan should always be good and works at any Infiniti dealership.

Is your actual price $300 over? Just wondering, since based on the invoice of your car it should really be $275 or so. Not that I would toss the deal over $25 :D .

Since you had a VPP claim code, you could have found the car just like you wanted it for yourself and (if the stocking dealer accepted VPP) gotten the car direct. Are they charging you anything for the locate and fetch of the car?

Dennis
    Dennis,

Is it refundable within 30 days? My finance guy told me.
    I have no idea, but most of them are within the first 30 or 60 or 90 days. You would get a full refund if you have not used any of the features of the plan (like roadside assistance) during that period.

Dennis
    The list price for the 3 extra years and miles is somewhere in the $2K price range. So, there is a discount. I think I will decline the option. My wife also wants me to drop the NAV package (no arguments there). A good portable works for me too. A backup camera is more important with a minivan or SUV. The money could be used on a set of winter tires & rims if I find it necessary, or pay for the extended warranty.

The VPP was somewhere in the neighborhood around $300 over invoice. The only requirement that Pepe had was that wheel locks come installed on all of the cars because they are located in White Plains. They don't want any missing wheels from the cars in the lot. Infiniti rims do look slick! They did charge me the full list price of $99, but I'm not going to haggle over it. I could probably pick up a set of McGard locks for $35 on my own.

Are the all weather mats from Infiniti any good? Or, should I go with Weathertech's? I could also try a set of rubber mats from Costco first to see if they fit close enough. Can't wait to get the new car.
  • mvs1mvs1 Member Posts: 462
    Just signed the following deal for a Black on Black G35X w/ Nav/Tech/Prem/Wood. Numbers may be slightly off, I'll try to itemize as mush as possible.

MSRP: $41,025 (includes the splash guards, wheel locks, cargo net, all season mats)
    Selling price: 37895 (looks about $366 over listed invoice)

Term: 36 months
    Money factor .00206 (previous Infiniti owners receive .00193?)
    Mileage: 15000 per year
    residual: 57%
    Monthly Payment: 509.15 (+$30.55 CT tax)

Total due at inception: $1651 Includes the following
    1st month:$539.70
    Acq fee: $595
    Plates: $160
    Doc fee: $299 (results in deal being roughly $665 over invoice)
    Taxes/tire fees: $53.85

Overall a decent deal, this car will be my wife's. In CT there are four Infiniti dealers, two are Harte which we bought from, the other two, Greenwich and Devan do not negotiate much, the best from either was +$995 more than this deal. We also contacted by email Pepe, Ramsey, and Competition but had little success getting return phone calls or when we did, anyone that could quote a deal without speaking to their manager six times.

Harte did have a G35XS, black on black same as our new G, and someone just rapped up a deal for their first one at $500 over sticker. Too bad since if they did offer a similar discount on that model we would have paid for this option.

After a long and exhaustive search for her car I had the opportunity to drive many vehicles. I was positive her car would be the EX35, but no luck. We had our final choice between the G and a Lexus IS250awd with a lower lease payment of $470.XX including CT tax and $14XX due at inception.

We pick up car Saturday and the wife is very happy as she ended up getting the car I wanted :cry: I guess I'll wait for something new to peak my interest and in the meantime borrow hers :P

From what the dealer told me Infiniti just changed the lease programs seven days ago
    The buy rate is supposed to be 0.00193 - for anyone - sounds like your dealer jacked it up a bit for some extra profit. The difference is just 0.312 PERCENT so it may not make a TON of difference in your payment, but I don't like it when dealers mess with the rate.

The residual should be 58%, but the dealer can't change that so no worries on that item.

$41,025 is the MSRP when the dealer got it, but then they added the wheel locks and the mats (you can't get those factory or port installed). The invoice would be $37,405 and the locks are around $35 mail order and the mats are $75 or less for the set. That comes to $37,515 so your price is $679 over invoice counting the dealer stuff and the doc fee. Not too bad, but folks have posted better deals - but that may not apply where you live to the model you wanted.

I would plug the buy rate and your rate into a lease calc and see how much difference it makes and then ask the dealer if they can't give you the better rate.

One note: the rates posted reflect IFS tier 0 or tier 1 credit, if your score ranks you tier 2 or lower then your rate will be higher - even if the dealer does not mark it up. No offense or intent to make a comment on your credit, just re-stating that (I often forget) for those reading the thread that might wonder why their lease rate is not the same as what is shown for others or as the buy rate. I can be dealer markup or due to credit rating. Most captive auto lease banks use a special "auto enhanced" credit score that give more weight to paid off car loans and lease than to other types of credit. So if a person always paid cash for cars and now want to lease, their 780 FICO might be below 700 "auto enhanced" or even worse. Similarly someone with a sub 700 FICO but a lot of paid off never late expensive car loans and lease might have a tier 1 or 0 score due to the auto enhance number.

Dennis
    The OEM NAV hurls - it looks nice but the maps are horribly out of date. The new system is hard drive based - the maps are loaded on the hard drive and the free space is available as the music juke box :D. That means a trip to the dealer when, if ever, new maps come out. On my RX-8 and M5 I had DVD or CD based maps and those were $200-250 per update and NO DEALER was involved, so I shudder to think what the dealer installed maps will cost...

A couple of the dealers I visited for test drives and looking around were NOT on the maps in the new Infiniti cars I test drove. Pretty bad to be sitting in the dealer's lot and the dealership is not on the maps. You would think they would make sure THAT part of the map is up to date, at lease.

You can get a Garmin for Navigation Package :

&#149;Infiniti Navigation System (Heavy DutyD) .&#149; Includes Infiniti controller, touch screen, lane guidance (part of route guidance) and building footprints (enhanced graphics)..&#149;9.3GB Music Hard Drive .&#149; Includes Gracenote CD database and compact flash slot for playing MP3 files..&#149;XM Satellite Radio .&#149; Includes satellite radio hardware, body-colored antenna, activation fee and first 3-months of service..&#149;Rearview Monitor .&#149;Includes XM NAVTraffic real-time traffic information (requires activation and contract after initial period) and voice recognition for HVAC, audio and navigation functions..

may be worth the $1,853 cost at invoice. I back into my driveway and pulling in at night becomes more of a chore as I get older - and if you deep tint the windows it REALLY is a pain. The voice command does work and XM is sweet.

If you hunt around online you should be able to get the mats for $75 or less at a discount Infiniti dealer. I have never seen or used them, but for that price would be worth a shot if you live in the snow belt.

Dennis
  • cadreamncadreamn Member Posts: 56
    I went to Ramsey Infiniti and they gave me a quote at $1060 over invoice after I told them that I had a quote of $500 over with Costco and also presented them my VPP claim code. I found this kind of insulting. Did they think I wasn't going to check the numbers after getting home?

I had a very similar experience with Ramsey. All other dealers quoted same VPP pricing and most provided the worksheet, but Ramsey just presented a number they claimed to be VPP which was way over - similar to yours. I too had the same thoughts as you - I'm not sure why they are making themselves look bad and pricing themselves out of the market.

By the way, I also ended up buying from Pepe for similar reasons - and ended up with a deal several hundred dollars under invoice (beating VPP by a few hundred). They were willing to beat my best offer from another dealership that was also offering less than VPP. I ended up passing on the sports package since car will also be a family car - but would have gotten it if I were still single ;) - good luck with the delivery and enjoy your ride when it arrives!
    Dennis,

As always thanks for the feedback, my credit score is 715 which I believe is tier one.

I'll verify the money factor, although the mark up may result in roughly a $300 additional dealer profit.

I would have liked to be slightly more aggressive with the deal to be inline with the invoice to $300 over as others in this thread although, like I stated dealers in my area did not seem willing to negotiate too much further.

Mike
    It looks like with IFS that tier 0 (there system goes to 0 for some reason) is 740+ and tier 1 is 700-739. They use the "Auto Finance Bureau Score" which I think is an "auto enhanced" score. The trouble with these special scores is they are something you and I can't see or know.

As long as you have some car credit history, your score would be tier 1 for sure so the extra is additional dealer markup, I guess.

Keep in mind that the buy rates are passed along from Infiniti dealers then typed up and re-typed and there is always a chance that somewhere along the way the numbers got hosed and are not correct. I have found that if you just ask the dealer if they mark up the buy rate they will tell you the truth. So that would be the first thing to do, just ask them about it :D .

You are limited to what dealers you talk to are willing to do, for sure. It also depends sometimes on the options and colors you want. Talk to a dealer with a bunch of tech/nav/premium pack cars on the lot and you are likely to strike a better deal than when you talk to a dealer that only has 1 or 2 sitting for sale. If the difference in price is great you can start expanding your search further and further from home, but for a couple hundred or so there is no huge reason to spend hours travelling or spend much time haggling.

Dennis
  • krea99krea99 Member Posts: 3
    Well, I know we can't predict the future but I was curious if anyone had any predictions regarding Infiniti extending the 3.9 x 60m past Jan 2nd.

Thanks
    Krea
  • dee2121dee2121 Member Posts: 1
    Hi there. We're also in CT debating between the IS250 AWD and G35X. We're looking at similar packages (black/black, nav, premium and wood) however our quoted lease payment is much different. For the G35X with taxes it came out to be $490 (36 months, 15K/year). The IS250 AWD came out to $510 (36 months, 15K/year). Both require ~$1,700 down. My husband negotiated the G35X payment so I could be wrong but that was what he told me when he called from the dealership last night. We've been working with the Infiniti dealership in West Haven and Lexus dealership in East Haven.

Out of curiosity, why did you pick the G35X?
    Ask me next month and I will let you know :D .

Seriously, only IFS knows and they will not say until the current deals expire. Actually, they may not know yet - the base it on sales volume and the "days supply" or unsold cars. If the current lower lease rates and promo financing move a lot of cars between now and then, then they may see no need to continue the cheap financing deals. If sales are not as they would like and they still have lots of cars on lots and in the pipeline, then they could continue the cheap money to try to move more cars.

If you are planning on financing I don't know if I would wait. I would not expect rates much lower than 3.9% for 60 months and you should be able to price the car near invoice. That does not leave much room for a better deal later on, unless they had big dealer money at the end of the model year.

Dennis
  • g35ortlg35ortl Member Posts: 10
    Does anyone know if Costco pricing is the same all over the country, or if it is different for every dealer? My dealer just told me that their Costco pricing is $500 below MSRP. From what I've read I thought it would be more like $500 over invoice.
    I think it varies. These "Buying club" prices are just them going to the dealer and saying "if we send you everyone that asks about a deal for this brand, what kind of price will you give them?". Some local dealer may be willing to offer $500 over invoice to get the business, in another area they make offer $500 off of full MSRP.

You can get the same thing at sites like carsdirect.com . You put in your ZIP and they show you what a local dealer says they will do on the car. The nice thing is you can put in other ZIP codes and see if you can find a better deal :D .

The TMV is just what Edmunds thinks you can do on the car based on what consumers and I guess dealers tell them for pricing. So that is just a guide as to what you can expect and not the gospel for a price you CAN get or HAVE to pay.

Dennis
    My experience with Costco participating dealers so far have been $500 over invoice dealing with Acura and Infiniti. It may vary by brand. Some won't give you a price quote unless you come in with the card.
    I just got a call from the GM at Lynnes Infiniti in Bloomfield who wanted to know what I had paid and they said that they offer G35 at $100 over invoice and that the person I had been dealing with doesn't know the pricing. Well, that's good to know. They should have said that in the first place because I am not going to run back and forth. So, if anyone is in the market, ask to speak with the GM, I forgot her name, but say that you heard it was supposed to be $100 over invoice with the Costco discount.

Good luck!
    Dennis,

Funny and long story I'll spare the forum all the details. My wife had second thoughts after she got up this morning, about 15 minutes after my post. In any event she cancelled the deal, of all things, not wanting the wood package. So buyers remorse??? :cry:

The dealer in West Haven refunded the deposit no questions asked and from what she tells me treated her great and took the time with her even while she was canceling. The exact vehicle both she and I want was going to someone else but it appears the deal may be falling through. So who knows???

Once we (or she) locates her black on black with nav/premium, tech & Sport we'll buy it.....Saga continues
  • jaxg35ownerjaxg35owner Member Posts: 7
    This site was very informative during my search of the car.

I was comparing G35 Vs Lexus ES350. Liked G35 from value for money, IMHO.

I purchased 08 G35 yesterday at Infiniti of Jacksonville Florida. Good experience with them, so far. I am hopeful to get same attention for services too.

Journey G35 with Premium Package, Technology Package, Navigation Package, Trunk Cargo Net, Splash Guards.

MSRP 38725.00
    Edmunds Invoice Price 35311.00
    Paid Out of the Door 37900.00

I also had question. Dealership made many offers for services at additional cost. Did not choose any one, so far. Although one of it seems to be attractive. $2337 for 5 years of scheduled quarterly maintenance. Any thoughts? P.S. In general I put around 8000 miles/year on the car.

Thanks
    Hello, The Infiniti dealer in West haven is who we were working with and may ultimately still lease from.

The East Haven Lexus dealership, I know very well. Their internet manager is spot on, gives you quotes with all the details. Most often times he's the lowest or there about. They often don't have the exact vehicle you're looking for and sell their cars before they hit their lot.

The IS250 awd we were quoted was roughly $1400 out of pocket $470 per month CT tax included. MSRP was $39,990 (ish) This was from Lexus of Westport. They are often much more aggressive than other Lexus dealers and they do have plenty of stock and are motivated, I believe they're #2 in CT (not saying much since maybe only 3 or 4 dealers total).

My email, is in my profile and I'd provide you with my contact and the deal we were offered at Lexus of Westport. The salesperson was extremely professional and the deal they put together was the best we received from several dealerships in CT and NY. If the Lexus is the vehicle my wife wanted we'd be picking it up tomorrow from Westport with no regrets.

As far as picking the G35X (eventually), for us the main difference is the additional rear seat room. The car also has 50% more HP than the IS with about the same gas mileage, the amenities about equal as well (Nav in the Lexus has it's advantages though, I miss saying "I'm hungry" and having my choice of restaurants. I actually think the G is the better of the two cars for the few reasons stated above. I do however think the fit and finish overall, but primarily the interior is better in the Lexus. Infiniti is not yet at the Lexus level, however the EX35 closed the gap IMHO.

My wife's comments often frame things in ways that make me laugh but then I can see her point. She thinks these are two completely different vehicles, and said, "The IS is for young rich kids like what the Civic is for not so rich kids." I've also owned two Lexus to date so maybe the been there done that mentality plays a part in it.

Mike
    In just about every state a deposit is always refundable, I have been told. They may act like it is a non-refundable but I don't think they can keep your money if you don't sign the paperwork and close the deal.

Finding the right car can be tough. I started looking for a 6mt sedan with nav/tech/premium in the colors I wanted (black leather and either silver or maybe lakeshore exterior) back in June. The lease rates were good, but I could not find the right car. I put a deposit on one, but when the selling dealer went to pick it up it was hail dinged. So he ordered me a car - trying for an 07 but could not get one so he ordered me an 08 with my EXACT specs. It did not come in until October - just in time for the worst lease rates (by far) for the entire year. So I told them I would not take it, but if it was still there when rates got better I would. November and December were better, but not great. The end of Dec lease numbers look pretty good, nearly as cheap as back in June, so I e-mail the dealer and (you guessed it) they no longer have the car. They did a locate and there are only 2 6mt sedans in the region and neither is the right color or options. So I am back at "oval 7" (as Seinfeld says) in my search for the car. I may start looking around again, or I may see if I can get another dealer to order me a car and hope that the numbers look good when THAT car arrives. I am also tempted to wait out IFS on the G37 lease numbers. They are still silly high, but at some point they will need to move more coupes and start leasing them at better prices. I have other cars to drive so I can wait, although daily driving the snow-day xB pales in comparison to driving a new G :D .

The dealer could do a locate and find the right car for you, but you might be better off to find the car yourself - or maybe find a dealer with no doc fees and willing to deal more and let them find you one.

Dennis
    Congrats on the new car!

I would pass on the pre-paid maintenance, to me those deals are almost always a rip off - and in your case with such low yearly miles you would NEVER get anything close to full value for it. They may say "quarterly maintenance" but they add that "scheduled" in front of it. What they are likely to do is follow what the owner's manual which probably calls for oil changes every 7,500 miles and maybe tire rotations at that time . So once per year in your case. The more expensive 30k service would be covered, but not the 60k.

They could also have provisions to let you get more service that the book calls for, but that is just wasting money and oil - follow the Infiniti service schedule and all should be fine.

What I would do is chart out what has be be done and when based on the schedule - for the 5 years, 40k that would be covered, then just call a couple of Infiniti service departments and get their prices for those services. Compare that to the $2337 price for the pre-pay and I would be shocked if the needed service was not a LOT less. Even better, check what your local tire shop charges for a tire rotation ($12-16 here) and what a local shop will charge for oil changes ($20-35 here) and stuff like that. You can probably change the cabin air and engine air filters yourself buying the new filters online cheap. Add all that up and you are probably at 1/3 the pre-pay price and maybe less.

Infiniti wants to be the Japanese (French, actually) BMW they should include free scheduled maintenance for their cars like BMW does. It would really be free, as they would probably bump the prices up to cover it but it would make for a more "luxury experience".

Dennis
  • jaxg35ownerjaxg35owner Member Posts: 7
    Dennis,

Thank You for prompt response.

You are confirming my thoughts of not getting emotional during car purchase and make irrational decisions. With such a low mileage I put on the vehicle, it did not make sense to me either. Dealers point was that these services would cost me $3470 at todays price. So I am locking in for future inflations at lower price of $2337. Made me think for a while but I decided to wait.

As you suggested and based on maintenance manual I would keep up with 7500 miles/6months schedule 2. That means oil change every 6 months and then at end of 24 months some additional services as mentioned in manual.

Ultimately isn't that one of the reasons we buy Japanese cars? Low maintenance! At least I did, when I purchased Toyota's for last 15 years. Hopeful to get same worry free experience with Nissan Family car as I did with Toyota cars.