Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Infiniti G37 Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• mattwkmattwk Posts: 5
    Stillsmiling,

You've seem to have gotten a great deal on the exact same vehicle that I am looking for. Can you tell me the name of the dealer you went through and what kind of tactics you used to get such a great deal. Best I can find is 1k over invoice at a Bay area dealer.

For those getting 2200 to 2700 off MSRP. That is close to 100 to 500 over invoice. Obviously, there are great deals to be had so let us know where and how. Thanks!
  • Some dealers are playing a tight game and trying to hold at MSRP, but playing a little hardball & shopping around doesn't hurt. We just purchased a leather package with sunroof (MSRP of $30,565). First dealer initially said no discount, then eluded that $500 off max may be a possibility, but if we found a better deal elsewhere to take it. We went elsewhere and with stiff negotiations we hacked out an $800 discount off MSRP. Great car and well worth it!
  • aceizwildaceizwild Posts: 1
    Bought the Luxury Leather model in black/graphite with Sunroof, Xenon, Premium, Sport, Aero, Trunk Mat for $32,875 plus tax. Most in NY wanted MSRP. Purchased from Competition Infiniti in Smithtown. Great experience, no problems and car was delivered EARLIER than promised! That was a first.
  • sgorhamsgorham Posts: 1
    Bought Luxury Leather model in Silver/graphite with Premium, Sunroof, Wood, Trunk Mat and Xenon. The car was a demo with 1,130 on the odometer. Paid $31,500 vs the MSRP (which the dealer said of course all G35s are selling for) of $33,495. Good Luck!
  • plchan911plchan911 Posts: 1
    I was planning to purchase 2002 Maxima in about a month ago or so. Then I realized 2003 Maxima just came out and I might want to check out 2003 model too. My friend just mentioned to me about G35 but I thought .. geez.. I might not be able to affort this expensive car anyway. But tonight, i checked out the edmunds.com and noticed the invoice price of the G35 does not cost too much than the 2003 Maxima. I kept reading thru all posts in this site and I get lot of information. Since I was going to use VPP to purchase 2003 Maxima, then I thought why not have a test drive on G35 too?
    More I read thru the posts, which I love this G35 more.
    I have not done any test drive on G35 yet but I will. I am no rush to purchase a new car yet so I want to do more "homework" and get the load work out with bank / credit union prior I go to buy this baby.

Thanks a lot!!
  • jimboy435jimboy435 Posts: 2
    You all need to calm down and NOT pay the MSRP. I repeaT NOT PAY the MSRP. True its a great looking CAR and I bought one(more on that later), but MSRP is not the way to go. I walked into an infinity dealership, loved the car. He offered me the MSRP+tax+tags+fees. I simply refused...MSRP for an infinity? The dealer started to compare Infinity with a BMW M3.."M3??" I said. You know "M3 is a 300+ horsepower car.." to make the story short. I offered him 2% over Invoice. He replied "its a luxury sedan"..I said true it is but its still an infinity..not a BMW or a mercedes to be paying MSRP. HE agreed with me. after haggling(trust me I had all day to spare), We settled on 4% over Invoice + tAx +tags + 149 processing FEE.

Final Price = 26770(invoice) + 4%(1071) + 3.2(tax)891 + 149 = 28,880 OUT THE DOOR.

You need to know that dealers look at edmunds as we consumers do. However, being a great site that edmunds is, It still needs INPUT from everyone to come up with TMV. Hence the TMV is MSRP since the car just came out. IF the dealer mentions edmunds, Just state that Hey thats true you are right but it says "what others are paying" not "what I have to pay"..have is the KEyword here.

Best of luck. I am crusing in my silver infinity G35..will get a spoiler soon :)
  • I made my first trip to a local Infiniti dealer this afternoon. A Sales person took me over to a G35 in the showroom. Within the first 5 minutes, he was offering $1,100-$1,500 below MSRP.

I can't wait to actually start negotiating price. I'm shooting for 2% over invoice. Wish me luck!
  • brewha2brewha2 Posts: 2
    Any one have a recommendation for a good dealer in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?

I went into Grubbs and asked what kind of great deal they would offer . . . 14 minutes later I was supposed to be convinced that MSRP was a bargain. For some reason I did not jump on this great offer.

Well I'll be buying in the next week or two (waiting on the sale of my Corvette) and would like to know if anyone has found a good sales man. I have considered even looking out of state if I need to to get a deal.

Thx
  • duckchowduckchow Posts: 1
    I just bought a Platinum/Graphite Leather, Sunroof, Bose Stereo, and Standard Trunk Mat for $29,387 plus tax and license. He came 2123 off MSRP. I felt it was a pretty good deal.
  • spunkybspunkyb Posts: 2
    JUST A "SHOT IN THE DARK" HAS ANYONE PURCHASED A G35 IN FRESNO, CA. A RECENT POSTING SAID THEY DONT COME OFF THE PRICE TOO MUCH. I NEED AS MUCH INFO AS I CAN GET BEFORE GOING IN TO "HAGGLE". SOMEONE HAD MENTIONED SHE GOT A QUOTE OFF THE INTERNET $350.00 ABOVE COST, AND THE DEALER MET THE PRICE. ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR A GOOD WEBSITE. I CAN DRIVE TO THE BAY AREA,BUT I'M SURE THEY ARE NOT NEGOTIATING AT ALL THERE. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS,
    AND CONGRATS TO ALL YOU G35 OWNERS YOU MUST BE SO EXCITED ABOUT YOUR NEW CAR!!!!
  • dandr2002dandr2002 Posts: 1
    i'm in the market for a G35 and i'm in sacramento. i'll travel anywhere in california to obtain the best deal. could anyone give me names of dealers and contact persons to reach?
  • willjamwilljam Posts: 22
    Here in Oklahoma City, we only have the one Infiniti dealer. I was so eager to get the car that I did pay MSRP. I bought the car 3 days after introduction and it was the first G35 sold in the OKC area. It was equipped with NAV, SR, wood, winter and premium packages. I did not have the fancy truck mat which I not sure what that is. I do have some sort of carpet in the truck. I would appreciate if someone clued me in as to what the fancy truck mat looks like.

Even thought I paid MSRP, I have not regretted my purchase. It is a fantastic car.
  • Crest Infiniti offered $1000 off MSRP right off the bat when I inquired about a base G35 with no options. Sewell Infiniti offered a leather and sunroof model for $28,900. I am sure you can get a much better deal if you go into the showroom and haggle since I got those two prices by inquiring by e-mail. Grubbs Infiniti wouldn't even give me an offer. I think I will be going to Sewell to get my G35 to replace my 1991 Q45.
  • ryanm4ryanm4 Posts: 7
    Before you go to the dealer check to see if your employer is enrolled in the Nissan Vehicle Purchase Plan. I was enrolled through my company and the deal is you start with the invoice price, deduct a certain percentage (I believe about 4%) then add is a percentage for dealer delivery, etc (about 2-2.5%) and arrive at the final price. I bought my wife a G35 using the program and paid below invoice! It's a great deal if you have it available. It's also good on any Nissan or Infiniti. The dealer told me it is the same deal that he would get if he were to purchase the car. Check it out at http://www.insidenissan.com/vpp/vendor/indexb.htm
  • mailitinmailitin Posts: 2
    Dealers in Florida don't seem to be coming off MSRP at all. We're willing to go to GA, TN or SC, etc. if we could get $1000 or more off MSRP. I keep seeing folks who've gotten $500 over invoice, etc. Are there any in SE U.S.?
    Looking for Desert Platinum or Garnet Fire w/premium package and sunroof. Best we can find is $32,500.
  • What's the justice in this? Only 1 dealership in Washington, and 1 in Oregon?? Anyone bought one in either in WA or OR??? What kind of deals are you getting???? I plan to get one real soon and looking for one with everything, but w/o Nav.

Thx, Anita
  • willjamwilljam Posts: 22
    Here in Oklahoma City, we only have 1 Infinti dealer which makes it a pain for getting a really good deal. I was the first purchaser of a G in March 3 days after the car appeared. I payed MSRP less the trade in value of my 99 Chrysler 300M. With the popularity of the car, the dealers have the edge. Although they are going to have to sell them at one time are another. You might watch the dealership to see if they have any cars moving. If they are moving then your chance of getting a terrific deal is slim. However, if they are not you probably have a better edge of getting something off. My dealer has different inventory almost every week, so they are going somewhere, although I have only spotted 2 other cars here in my town.
  • jmezzjmezz Posts: 36
    can anyone offer help on 36-39 month lease on g35 w/leather, zero cap cost just inceptions and 15k /yr. is it possible to lease for less than 500/month tax included

thanks
  • pcoatespcoates Posts: 15
    We purchased our G35 from the Kirkland Infiniti dealership in Washington in the month of April. At that time they wouldn't come off MSRP which is what we paid. With the closest competing dealer outside Portland they really didn't have to at that time. It may be different now that the car has been on the market for a few months. I really have no regrets, if I had to pay MSRP to the my car today I would do it in a heartbeat.

Phil
  • estashestash Posts: 1
    Ryanm4, thanks for the pointer on VPP. I contacted my local Infiniti dealership in Austin and was told that the dealerships in Texas were not participating in the VPP for G35s. Can anybody confirm this with their own experience? Does anybody know of dealerships participating in this program for the G35?