Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• adduaddu Member Posts: 16
    Danabfly, the quote seems high compared to what people on this forum have paid
  • jensadjensad Member Posts: 388
    When we purchased our 08 RL, I did not want the ext. warranty. But my wife paid it and it cost her $1800. If I remember correctly, you can recend a warranty within a certain time period. Don't know the time limit, but it is brief.

I wish you well in your new MDX.

Good luck and stay safe.

jensad
  • bradcabradca Member Posts: 12
    panga,

You're welcome ... was curious why you would buy the car before its at the dealer and haven't test drove or inspected it yet? Was it a particular color combination you wanted? The dealers I spoke to always said I could put $500 deposit to hold the car then I get first dibs on buying it. I balked at that since I figured it would be very difficult to get it back if negotiations fell through.

Anyway, good luck on the pick up and let us know if you had any problems. The "new car orientation" will take 2 hrs, just to let you know. Bring all your questions! :)
  • jungle3jungle3 Member Posts: 5
    Hello Everyone,

I finally picked up my mdx last night. Its a TECH + ENT package(Grigio metallic/Taupe interior).
    paid a sale price of $44,598
    Got accessories worth of 2300(roof rack + cross bars + running boards + side moulding + tow package)
    total OTD price including accessories + taxes + fees etc was $51,980

They were trying to sell me the 8yr/100k miles extended warranty for $2500. I resisted for now. They said if I buy it before end of the month, the warranty comes with a full money back guarantee, meaning if I don't make any claims between the 5th year until the end of 8 years, my $2500 is completely refundable.

What do you all think about this?

In the meantime, I am loving the car and still learning...:-)

Once again ThankYou to everyone in this forum, it made buying the mdx a lot easier.
  • hanuman2hanuman2 Member Posts: 2
    Hi bradca,

Congratulations for your new Acura mdx.

Can you please let me know the dealer. I am in the process of finalizing deal with Steven's creek acura (Sunnyvale). I am negotiating for mdx with tech. package.
    finally what they are offering is 43K and 4 yrs. of free maintanance service. that includes oil changes and tire rotations.

But what you got looks like better deal. with all that accessories you mentioned. Can i contact your dealer.

thanks
    ketan
  • hanuman2hanuman2 Member Posts: 2
    can you please let me know the delear? I am in Sunnyvale CA.
    i am looking for exact same thing i mean MDX with tech package.

The lowest so far i got is 43K.
    Please let me know your delear. so that i can try to get your deal.

thanks
    ketan
  • pangapanga Member Posts: 23
    Fair question - the dealer had a color combo in the trim level I wanted - couldn't find another one within 50 miles ...

I test drove an MDX, obviously not this one - didn't think of any downsides until you raised the question :) Wondering if I have the ability to walk away before I take possession if there are any issues (excessive miles, any damage etc.). Any experiences on this forum? Am also worried (now that I am thinking about this) about the dealer keeping me waiting for a while for it (transit delays? misrepresented the delivery date)?

Regarding the pickup, I am usually a 'read-the-manual' kind of guy, so I will probably listen half-attentively and then be lost for a while until I really need something :)
    I bought at Los Gatos Acura.

Are you dealing with Autowest Acura in Santa Clara and not Sunnyvale Acura (in Sunnyvale)? Autowest is the only offering the 4yr free maintenance.

$43k for Tech sounds reasonable ... from my shopping experience, although Autowest is a volume dealer (they have the largest inventory in the south bay area) they don't seem to want to budge too much on price. I had better luck at a smaller dealer but had to play the waiting game since their inventory wasn't that big.
    panga,

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about ... I found the Acura dealers to be very professional, courteous, and respectful. I never got the feeling they would play mind games with me, it was a pleasant surprise. I have had some pretty bad experiences previously with Mazda and Ford, and didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling even with Honda this time around (I was also considering the Honda Pilot).

If your MDX is fresh off the truck it will probably have zero miles on it. :shades:
  • kfourkfour Member Posts: 4
    northern california (SJ valley) paid $55,200 (before taxes, etc). they tracked down my color and were prompt/professional in dealing over email.
  • kfourkfour Member Posts: 4
    sorry, correction: $45,200
  • mdx_rulesmdx_rules Member Posts: 3
    Paid $48,384.54 out the door. Included roof rails/bars, all weather floor and cargo mats and wheel locks. Had to buy from dealer 120 miles away but they had the color I wanted and included free delivery to my home. All negotiations over email and phone. Never went to dealer.
  • mdx_rulesmdx_rules Member Posts: 3
    Try Acura of Columbus, GA.
  • jg100jg100 Member Posts: 6
    Panga, Did you get your car? The dealership is autowest acura?
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Member Posts: 2
    Just finalized a deal for a MDX with Tech. Vehicle itself was $43,000. Also got Towing package, Roof Rack (Black), Cargo Cover and Protection Package 1 (All Season Mats, All Season trunk liner and wheel locks) for a grand total of $45,194 + TTL.

I contacted 13 dealers within 100 miles of Boston and only two got to this price (next best price was $400 more). Based on posts here it seems like I could have done a little better if I held out longer, however I was happy with the price and wanted to wrap up the negotiations and move on.
  • rswmkwrswmkw Member Posts: 6
    Con-grads What dealer The best I am getting is $4100 off list for MDX with Tech
    Enjoy and Travel safe
  • pangapanga Member Posts: 23
    Picked it up today. Autowest it was. 8 mi on the MDX :) Salesman was very grumpy (I haggled with him over the weekend for accessories) - claimed he was tired. Didn't even walk me out to the car. Oh well, I got what I wanted I suppose ...
  • blkcarblkcar Member Posts: 2
    Picked it up for $50,140 with back up sensors in socal before title, tax, registration.
  • judgesmails1judgesmails1 Member Posts: 2
    Morande Acura in Berlin, CT. Herb Connolly in Framingham and Acura of Peabody implied they would also do this price but did not explictly say so. Good luck.
  • rainedonrainedon Member Posts: 6
    edited June 2010
    The best I have gotten dealers in my area to do on the 2010 MDX Tech Package is $1100 or so off the sticker so I am pretty much done playing and will just walk away from this. Not worth paying $45k for this trim..

I should add that I had a dealer tell me over the phone that they can do between $43k - $43,500 but when we went to the show room, that offer wasn't there and we were told that they couldn't do that price since it is below invoice which I know is not true. They also refused to show me the actual invoice so we just walked out. They tried to stop us but we no longer felt comfortable so we just kept walking..

Any ideas on when the 2011's will hit the dealer lots? Maybe it's worth waiting since I can't get near the deal that some of you are getting...

Thanks
  • jg100jg100 Member Posts: 6
    It is good to get the car you want. It seems it is very hard to ask autowest to throw in some basic accessories in the deal for free.
  • dagmdxdagmdx Member Posts: 9
    Guys, I am new here, but I have been watching for while now. With two kids we are considering the mdx and x5 as a family hauler. I just got an offer of 47,900 for an adv/ent 2010 mdx with 2,400 miles on it. What do you guys think? How much lower should I go, since it is preowned? All your feedback is appreciated.
  • heytrayheytray Member Posts: 14
    First let me say that I buy all my cars from dealers in the washington DC area. They sell more cars so they will go down more in price. My last purchase was a 2007 cadillac SRX (v8). Here's my deal-2010 Acura MDX tech black/black
    MRSP 46765
    my price 42099 including destination
    my payment 616.51
    nothing out of pocket except first payment 36 month lease 12,000 miles
    .56 residual
    my money factor was higher .00150 instead of .00140 because I did not want to pay tax up front and you need to do that to qualify for .00140 (read the fine print)
    dealership********** RADLEY ACURA********* good experience
    Picked up the car, no upselling, no changes, awesome experience. very impressed with the dealership. :)
  • baseballmom97baseballmom97 Member Posts: 101
    edited June 2010
    I had a GMC Acadia which was totaled in a highway accident two weeks ago. I'm trying to figure out whether to buy or lease another Acadia or buy a foreign car.

My husband has an '08 MDX and loves it. I've been driving it recently and also like it a lot. I'm considering buying a 2010 MDX in a different color than he has.

Would it be strange to have two of the same car in the family since it's the same basic body style?

The other considerations are cargo space and third row space. We have two teens and the Acadia definitely has more room and a better third row (even though we don't use it a lot.) The third row on the MDX is good for 5 year olds and that's about it!
  • cegledicegledi Member Posts: 11
    My thoughts only - go with another Acadia if you liked it. I have (my wife really) has the 09 MDX and we just keep missing the Acadia and we only took it on test drives. What I am most disappointed about with the 09 MDX is the transmission. I know they 'fixed' it with a 6-speed now instead of a 5-speed but... My 04 Expeditions was smoother. We would have been driving an Acadia right now had they met my price. Though I like the MDX I will not buy another one when it is time to upgrade.
    I understand your situation. I came out of a 2007 Cadillac srx prior to my 10 Acura MDX. In my opinion you cant compare the Arcadia to the MDX because the trim levels are different. You are comparing a top of the line luxury honda to a mid level GM. I did not want to go with the Arcadia after coming out of the Cadillac SRX. I suggest test driving those and adding the Buick Enclave which is more aimed to compete with the luxury trim level. The new Cadillac SRX deleted the 3rd row so it was no longer an option for me. Good Luck :)
  • kaliorcakaliorca Member Posts: 1
    My sis picked one up at the dealership for around $55k in SoCal area. Its weird, she pays the full amount, and gets the financing treatment interrogation. She is happy with her purchase. If your interested ask for Jim at N*** R***** Acura. Oh and Kalolo at D** T***** had the best OTD price when she was getting quotes. But she bought cars from N*** R***** dealership before and hadn't any bad complaints about them. So we told her to go to N*** R*****. :shades:
  • amitb1amitb1 Member Posts: 4
    I just picked up mine this weekend from Sunnyvale Acura (Norcal bay area dealer), settled for 43k +TTL, I got the Cherry Pearl color which is extremely hard to find as I have been looking for a it for some time. So far I have been loving the car, I took forward to go to work or anywhere else for that matter. I am getting poor gas mileage right now but I am guessing it will get better as the engine breaks in.

My advice to those who are still looking, be ready to walk out from the dealership, I did walk out from another bay area dealership as they wanted $700 more than what I paid for my car and they did not have the color I wanted. So be patient, take your time, remember the dealer is more desparate to sell it than you are to buy the car.

Goodluck and happy hunting for those still in search.
  • mtk98mtk98 Member Posts: 1
    Does anyone have a clue if Acura will extend the 0.9% and 1.9% financing beyond 7/6/10? This may factor into the timing of my MDX purchase. Thanks.
  • jekelljekell Member Posts: 1
    Just signed today for a Black TECH/ENT for $44,100. Added Protection Package 1, Silver Roof Rails, Silver Cross Bars, Side Body Molding for a total of $45,803.32. Plus TTL.

I am in SC and Bradshaw Acura in Greenville did a great job working with me.
  • dtcedtce Member Posts: 4
    I just purchased a base 2010 Acura MDX for $38,217 + $810 destination = $39,027. With TTL + $154.38 doc fee = 42,145.18 OTD.
  • dolphmeisterdolphmeister Member Posts: 2
    What dealer? I'm in indy, they offered me $1,000 under msrp.
    Acura of libertyville.
  • mitch58mitch58 Member Posts: 1
    Did you shop around and this was the best offer? Considering getting MDX with tech package in western suburbs of chgo and was wondering what I should expect to pay?
  • alwaysacuraalwaysacura Member Posts: 8
    I just bought my 2010 Acura MDX with NAV/ENT last night from Elite Acura in Maple Shade, NJ. We had a fantastic buying experience! The folks were great and no dog and pony show. I've been two other dealers and cannot say the same. After negotiating with them, I had a pretty good idea of what I could get the car for and what my trade was worth. I checked their internet inventory and they had the exact car I wanted. I called the internet sales dept to confirm that the car was there and laid out the deal I was willing to make. If they agreed to my terms, I'd buy it the same day. The sales manager called me back about 30 minutes later and told me that he could work within the parameters I set and promised no funny business when I arrived. I got mine for $44,300 with all-weather mats, wheel locks and advanced running boards. I had a great experience at Elite and would highly recommend them. They are a class act! I love my new Dark Cherry Pearl MDX!
  • juli714juli714 Member Posts: 4
    I think you are a liar. The invoice price on the Tech/Entertainment is $44,692.00. You want us to believe that tehy lost almost $2000 on you becasue you are such a wonderful negotiator?? HA HA
  • helpmebuyacarhelpmebuyacar Member Posts: 3
    edited July 2010
    Hi. I am interested so if you are able to give me the location in NJ I would be grateful for it.
    ~Thank You :)
    Sounds like its too good to be true. I see one post from you. Hope you and the others reading this board have a peaceful 4th. :)

jensad
    Now this one sounds darn good. Checking the last page:

"I just purchased a base 2010 Acura MDX for $38,217 + $810 destination = $39,027. With TTL + $154.38 doc fee = 42,145.18 OTD"

jensad
  • saberdriversaberdriver Member Posts: 1
    Took Delivery July 3rd after much research. Had to go outside my local area, one dealer in Southeast Wisconsin makes for very low bargaining motivation. Found my Tech in Chicago area for $41,997 + 860 destination charge + TTL. Also got 2 years free scheduled maintenance, based on distance from my home may or may not use that. Entire deal was done via email and a couple of phone calls. Very low stress. Car had 6 miles on it when delivered and I could not be happier. good luck finding yours, hope this helps.
    edited July 2010
    Wow...aren't you polite? Yeah, I have nothing better to do with my time than join this forum to lie about what I paid for my car. Seriously? Would you like to see my Sales Agreement? $44,300 plus destination, and TTL. I had a trade, but think I made a pretty good deal there, as well. Did I mention, that not only did I get this deal at Elite Acura (where they sweetened it with the advanced running boards!), but at Metro and Turnersville Acura as well? They didn't have the color I wanted, and I didn't care to wait. I don't know where you live, but this is what they can be had for in this area. Maybe you should jump down off your high horse and walk here. Check out Truecar.com. The dealer cost is $43,557. They made some money on my trade, as well. BTW, thanks for the warm welcome Juli714. :mad:
    edited July 2010
    So, because this is my first posting that automatically means I'm a liar? I'm so glad I wasted my time on this forum. The 2003 MDX forum was composed of much nicer people. Since you and Juli714 think you should pay more for your MDX, so do I. Perhaps they could throw in a remedial course in good manners, as well.

To the rest of the forum folks. Happy MDX shopping! I hope you can use the info I provided to get a good deal on your MDX. When you do get a good deal, don't even bother posting it, since no one will believe you either. $44,300 is what I paid in South Jersey for a TECH/ENT and I could have made the deal 3x. Maybe without a trade, you'll pay a little more. Dealers make money one way or the other. Good luck!
  • jamtracyjamtracy Member Posts: 75
    Thanks for the posts. I'm sure some people on here can and will use your experience to help them get a good price on their car. I'm waiting for my Pilot lease to expire and I'm upgrading to an MDX. Good luck and enjoy your ride!
    Elite Acura is in Maple Shade, NJ near Mt. Laurel. Exit 4 off NJ turnpike, RT 73N to RT 38E. Sales manager that I dealt with is D. H. You can find his full name at Eliteacura.com. :)
    Thank you. This is my second MDX and I am a fan for life. Test drove the Acadia because we love the look, but the interior quality just couldn't compare. Cheap plastic everywhere. The drive was ho-hum as well. Took the MDX out on a test track (think grand prix, not nascar) at one of the dealers and it was awesome. The tranny just propelled it around the tight turns! Woosh! I wish I could drive on that track every day! :oD I love all the new tech too! You can tell the car to do practically anything-even change the radio station and such. I read yesterday that 2011's will be updated inside and out. You may want to wait and see what changes are made. Good luck!
    From Automobile.com:
    The Acura MDX will get a styling refresh for 2011. Acura has also said it may offer a V6 diesel engine option on the 2011 MDX. Expect the 2011 Acura MDX to hit showroom floors in the autumn of 2010. Read our car review of the 2011 MDX for additional details.

Specifications

Here are specs we know so far on the 2011 Acura MDX:

Pricing: the 2011 MDX should start at around $43,000 MSRP; no invoice data available
    Fuel economy: current fuel economy car ratings for the MDX are 16/21 mpg city/highway, but if Acura decides to offer a diesel V6 engine option, the ratings for that engine option will likely be higher.
    Engine: 3.7-liter, 300-horsepower V6; diesel V6 engine may also be an option
    Drivetrain: six-speed automatic transmission with manual shift control
    Acceleration: 0-60 mph in under 8 seconds likely, but no data available yet
    Model lineup: five existing trim levels will probably carry over to 2011, but only select trims may be available with new diesel engine
    Car safety features: identical to those of the 2010 MDX
    Suspension: active sport suspension available with Advance package trim
    Warranty: four-year/50,000-mile bumper-to-bumper warranty; six-year/70,000-mile powertrain warranty; roadside assistance for life of the vehicle
    Exterior Features

The first auto review articles of the 2011 Acura MDX suggest a significantly revised front end. Buyers can also expect redesigned headlamps and a refreshed lower bumper fascia for 2011.

Interior Features

Typically, Acura refreshes its models’ interiors when they revise their exteriors, but we won’t know for sure until official photos are released. The center stack console of the current Acura MDX model has taken a lot of flak from critics, so a redesign is likely in that regard.

Performance

Honda has not confirmed any changes under the hood for the 2011 Acura MDX. However, the automaker has said that it would like to offer a fuel-efficient diesel V6 engine option in the MDX for either the 2011 or 2012 model years. Should the MDX offer a diesel option for 2011, buyers can expect radically improved fuel economy. Changes to the existing 3.7-liter, 300-hp V6 are unlikely for the coming year. We’ll know more about the performance, braking, and handling of the 2011 Acura MDX once we conduct an official road test.
    I emailed around to 5-6 different Acura dealers in Chicagoland (mostly northern/western burbs). Got quotes from 3 or 4 of them. The dealer I bought from (which thankfully was also the dealer closest to me) provided the best quote up front, with the nearest being a couple of hundred dollars more expensive. I've done this now 3 times over the past 4 years or so (other 2 times buying Hondas) and it's by far the best way to buy a car nowadays, assuming you know what vehicle you want ahead of time, so that you're not wasting time jumping from dealer to dealer. It's relatively painless. Of course, it's easier with Hondas/Acuras, where the packages are essentially set with few if any options (vs. Toyotas and other makes where there are tons of various options, which makes comparison much more difficult, as dealers will quote you a price, but without being specific enough for you to know what exactly is in that quote).
  • valueguyvalueguy Member Posts: 208
    edited July 2010
    Sorry, but that auto mag is wrong. They made an error. The MDX got a MMC for the 2010 model year. While a diesel option is likely I expect no other changes to the MDX until the complete redesign in 2013 (Fall 2012).

By the end of september the 2011 MDX should start rolling in to dealers. Typically, Acura will discount the remaining 2010 Inventory by offering incentives of $1,000-$2,000 (more if there is a redesign). I expect the $1,000 incentive to start soon.

By the way, Acura sent me a coupon for $700 off my next MDX/TL purchase provided I take delivery by August 31, 2010. So, in September my $700 coupon expires but I expect Acura to raise the incentive to $1,000 (no coupon needed).
  • crikeycrikey Member Posts: 1,041
    I wonder where Automobile Mag got their image, then.

Although, it does seem like there aren't any real changes from the 2010 model.