Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• jpickjpick Member Posts: 15
    Ok I went and test drove the BMW x5 and the MDX advance. Now this time the MDX did not drive like the first one I drove. Now keep in mind the first one had 10K miles on it and it was a rather jerky ride. Yesterday I drove the advance with 20 miles on it and I loved it. I asked the salesman about the two differnt rides and he said the dampers were not on and they are to give the car a more sporty ride. I really don't like the sporty ride, I like more of the smooth ride. He said that the adv without the dampers active should ride the exact same as a base model. Would anyone agree or disagree. Also is the ride going to change that much when it gets a few miles on it? The salesman said that maybe the first one I drove needed to be serviced.
    The only dissapointment that I had was in the rear leg room. We are all tall and there was very little leg room in the back and the seats seemed to sit very upright, you really couldn't lean back into them. I would think that would not be comfortable on a long ride. Has anyone else had issues with the rear leg room?
    My last question was on the Ent Unit. Has anyone put a RES in the headrest. I was trying to look at the sceen while i the back, but it sits so close to the seats that it just seemed strange. It was almost like looking from the side. I was wondering if the ones in the headreset would be any better. I think I would have to do those aftermarket.
    Surprising I didn't really care for the BMW because I don't like the sporty drive with the annoying "racing" sound. But it has great leg room and good gas mileage on the 2011, 17/25. However the price is a little steep.
    Thanks for any input.
    Did you have any extra options that came on the vehicle?
  • mdx2011mdx2011 Member Posts: 5
    We drove the car home Thursday's night after we signed all the paperwork. My wife and kids are loving it.

On another note, I knew that Acura was not offering 1.99% special financing on 2011 MDX but I called the salesman and he gave me an AWESOME price (Selling Price-$44,548 (including dest), doc fee was $154, electronic fee was $25, Plates was $194 and Financing for 1.99% for 60 months through Acura Finance). I knew they were offering this deal for 2010 MDX models but if I can pay the same for a 2011 then i will take it.

The finance manager also called me this morning and mentioned that I got the STEAL of the year. Acura is going to eat the difference since it was their mistake. Both the salesman and finance manager are AWESOME to work with. I would recommend anyone within the chicagoland area that is looking to buy a Acura car to give them a call.

Good Luck and hopefully everyone can save some $$$$ from my posting. Reading these postings definitely help me negotiated with all 5 dealers via email/phone.
    No extra options. The car just came with whatever was included in the tech and enterntainment package.
  • eraineseraines Member Posts: 1
    After negotiating among 4 Acura dealerships within a 90 mile radius, today I purchased a 2010 Acura MDX Base Model (Black / Parchment Interior) for an out-the-door price of $41,800. This included tax, title, tag, destination charge, etc, along with an accessory package (wheel locks, upgraded mats). I also received 1.9% financing for 60 months.

My question is: How did I fare in terms of price? There was actually another dealership that was willing to give me an OTD price for $41,322.00, but it was a bit of a drive, so I decided to stay with the closerl delaership because of convenience for maintenance, any repiars, etc. The other dealerships said that they couldn't believe I was getting $41,800 OTD, much less an offer $41,322.00.

Thank you for your thoughts!
  • mdx2011chicagomdx2011chicago Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2010
    I just closed the deal for my Acura Base 2011 at 39600 (includes dest) + TTL and processing. I talked with at-least 5 dealers in last 1 week and this was the best price I could get. Last best was 39800 (this dealer was closer for me) but he declined to meet the price offered by other dealer. I believe 39.6 is very good price for this vehicle which is few hundred less then invoice.
  • tom298tom298 Member Posts: 14
    I just purchased 2011 MDX tech (no advance) for $500 over invoice sticker was 47115 my cost was 43786 plus tax etc 47151 OTD
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Congrats!!!! I am getting mine dekivered Saturday...base...palladium/taupe dealer is in town (northern NJ)...purchased $39,900 I don't think on the 3011s we can get below invoice is too soon...enjoy it in the best of health
    I think you could have done a bit better that $500 over invoice, but again it all depends on location and supply and demand and the MDX is in a fairly good demand nowadays...no incentives yet....but who cares?...did you think it was a fair deal?...that is the only opinion that counts...so now go and enjoy it...good luck
  • jborrellijborrelli Member Posts: 15
    Any feedback is appreciated
  • shawng2shawng2 Member Posts: 2
    I live in NY and looking for best price on 2010 vs. 2011 mdx with technology and entertainment. Anyone purchase one recently? Can you still get 1.9% financing on 2011? Willing to travel to NJ, PA, or CT for best price. Any recommendations appreciated.
  • shawng2shawng2 Member Posts: 2
    Where did you get this great deal? Did it have entertainment and tech?
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    I picked up my 2010 base Friday evening at Radley Acura. I had agreed on a price of $38,400 including all fees others that tax and license. I also had them trade for the color combo I wanted and throw in all weather mats.

When I picked up the car, it could not have gone smoother. All paper work was ready for me to sign with the pricing we had agree on. They did not try to sneal in any fees or pull any type of bait and switch.

I could not be happier with their service. I highly recommend Radley Acura.

I ended up going with the 3-yr 0.9% financing.
  • srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    The finance incentive on 2011s was a mistake and has since been rescinded by Acura Financial. My local dealer mentioned 2.9% on a 2011 for 60 months, but i'm not sure if that's a local deal only. I think BofA is offering 2.99 for 60 months on new car purchases.
  • spiderman21spiderman21 Member Posts: 1
    Hi
    I am looking to buy a 2010 MDX Tech. What would a be a good price to pay in the IL area?
    One dealer id not even willing to offer me a price. He says he will beat whatever lowest offer I get.
    Please advice.
    Thanks
  • cmartin411cmartin411 Member Posts: 42
    tom298,
    That is a better price than I was quoted. I got quotes from three dealers and they ranged from $44,996 to $45,595 for the 2011 Tech. Where did you get this quote?
    Westhaven Acura (?) in Chicagoland appears to be the best in that region. They did a tech/ent out the door for $44600, which is about $300 under listed invoice. Get invoice from Edmunds and go $300 under for that package. Or better yet, go to www.Truecar.com, enter your zip code, and configure the MDX with Tech to see what best price of dealers in your region are offering and start from there! Let us know how you make out!
  • tk17tk17 Member Posts: 6
    Could you say what dealer you bought your 2011 at?

Thanks

I'm looking Chicago as well.
    to cmartin411----Lindsay Acura Columbus Ohio also Mathews in Marion-same price but I purchased from Lindsay--MDX TECH 47,151 OTD
    Are you sure this was OTD price $44600 for tech/ent--to IL (srs149)
    Let me clarify, it was a tech/ent, but it was $44600+TTL.
    Please disregard this post if it was sent twice. I don't see the post that I did an hour or so ago.
    My question is regarding the dampers system in the Advance. Shoudl there be any difference in the ride if the dampers system is not activated. The salesman said no. I ask because I drove a base with about 10K miles and it was a very rough jerky ride. I drove a new advance and it was very smooth. The salesman said the sports supension, gives you more of a sports ride (like the bmw) . I am looking for more of a smooth ride.
    What about the tires, do you get a better ride going to 19inch wheels from 18 inch which are on the base?
    Has anyone test drove both the advance and base models and seen any difference in the ride? The salesman said maybe the base that I test drove needed servicing. I have also read that if you don't put premium gas in the ride can be jerky.
    Pick the advance--I loved it but did not go for it because of price instead got tech pack and it is a great vehicle but not an advanced. I could not detect a rough jerky drive--for an SUV the ride was super (not like a car though)
    I'm looking at the price also, and I don't really care about any of the other advanced options, but I will pay more for a smoother ride, but if the ride is going to be the same in both, then I don't want to pay the extra.
    I thought ride was much more carlike in advanced and it also had some other great features. But I am well satisfied without advance-I don't really need sport car like driving in an SUV---if I want that I'll drive my car. The suv is for general running around,trips, towing a boat, etc etc.
    Check out all the other features of advance before you decide--great stuff but about $5000 extra

good luck
  • dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    I bought my 2010 MDX last week so I missed it, but I heard Acura came out with a $1,000 incentive on the 2010 MDX today.

If you are in the market for the 2010 MDX I would act fast. The inventory is already low, and I bet the remaining move fast with this incentive.

Disappointed I missed it, but wanted to inform the forum because this forum was very useful to me in getting a good deal.

Thanks
    Motortrend magazine is big on performance. Check their articles about mdx advanced.
    1st one is 4/30/10.
  • freedm2freedm2 Member Posts: 68
    That price seems to good to be true on a 2011.

I've contacted 8 local dealerships and the best price I got so far (on a Tech) is $380 OVER invoice. You're talking several hundred BELOW invoice.

I'm starting to question the honesty on the 2011 models based upon my experience with the local dealers.
  • vvr1vvr1 Member Posts: 4
    Hi, could you let me know as to which dealer you got the price from pls.
    Hello Everyone,

I am looking to buy a 2010 ACURA MDX in the next week or so, i am a little torn at this point if i should go for the base model or with tech.

Could the members in and around Jersey share what price/quotes did they recieve for a 2010 MDX base or with tech pls. Also details of dealership would be really helpful.

Thanks
  • scott_freescott_free Member Posts: 6
    I am looking to buy a 2010 or newer 2010 MDX advance. The cheapest used 2010 advance I could find on Interent also has entertainment. It is listed at...$46,680,silver with 12k miles. It would cost about $800 to ship from TX. It is certified and it apprears the certified warranty is actually better than the new car warrenty. I have also been told by a dealer you can buy a super certified warranty through dealer than takes it bumper to bumper for 8 years. What thoughts do the forum members have on this subject?
    The following was the post i was referring that was submitted by mdx2011, dated Sept 16;

Today, I just brought a brand NEW 2011 MDX tech & entertainment sale price of $44,568 with 1.99% financing for 60 months from a acura dealer in westmont, IL near Chicago land area. The price above does include the $860 destination charge but not tax. Title or license. I think a got a very good deal but if anyone can confirm that would be great...
    Note that I got another dealer near the same that did not offer the same financing so I went with the lower rate and save myself over $2,500+ in financing. We are very excited to drive our first SUV. I can provide salesman name if anyone is interested. Also, negotiated via phone and emails so buying process took a couple days but very painless.

I can't get any local dealers to come close to that price, either, but it could certainly be a regional thing... who knows? Either way, the hunt continues.... I'm still between a 2010 leftover or 2011.
    It appears to be high...since you can probably get a new 2011 for very close to that price...I think...I think you should do a little more homework and then decide...in my opinion you are not getting any bargain and on top it is a used vehicle...but to each it's own...research...research...and then hopefully you will be able to make a decision that only YOU must be happy with...my 2 cents..
    I got an MDX 2011 base palladium/taupe for $39,900 in northern NJ...a couple of dealers offered the same price (which is about invoive according to Edmunds)..on a 2011 I think it is a fair deal...and this one dealer is my town...good luck to you...the tec is probably 2k to 2.5 k mores..in my case It was not worth it...keep in mind that the interiors change only when you go to the Advance or Advance with ent...base and tech, tech ent are all the same interior...no changes..
    That's the one I was responding too also. Either it was a 2010 (not a 2011) OR that included a small trade-in allowance. Not trying to call anyone a lair but I'm not seeing that pricing or even close unless its a 2010. Even the 1.9% is suspect. All the dealers I talked to said that 1.9% on 2011's was a mistake and Acura quickly corrected at the very start of the month.
    That's not entirely true. The Tech package upgrades the leather. It may have the same color, but its a different leather than the base.
    Thanks everyone, the best price have right now for a MDX 2010 with tech is around 41500 to 42000 inclusive of destination...any feedback if this is a good deal or if i should wait for some more time, would really be appreciated.

Out of door price comes to around 45,000.

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
    that's about 1000 under invoice--go for it-can you still get low % finance also from Acura? My 2011 was 500 over invoice and its the same exact car. 2011 invoice was a bit higher at 43,286 invoice- 43,786 my price (includes destination about 800 ) MSRP was 47115.OTD 47,151
  • scott_freescott_free Member Posts: 6
    That was lowest price advertised on Autotrader nationwide....usually you can find some good buys if you search nationally. I thought price seemed high, I did not call..I assume the used 10's price will soon drop as they will show used prices of the 10's on Edmunds, NADA and KBB etc.

Edmunds shows new 2011 Advance to have invoice of $48,681 and says TMV to be $52,461.

I am in Tampa Bay area and they have several dealers....How much over invoice would be a good deal on a new 10? How about an 11? The $3800 that Edmunds is adding seems high. There are a lot of 2010's and 2011's in area but most are base models.
    I'm not sure why he'd lie about the price he got, but I know for a fact that he's telling the truth about the financing deal. Trying to get in on the special financing on the 2011s myself, I spoke to the finance manager of his dealership directly and he confirmed that the did mistakenly give the deal to him. So that much is certainly true.
    I wouldn't go any more than $1000 over invoice on a 2011. some dealer will do it for you, especially in this economy.
    You are correct...my mistake now I remember that the stiching is diffirent and I assume the leather is probably a better grade...still not worth it to me including all the tech...but to each it's own...we are talking a difference of probably $3K
  • quattrodocquattrodoc Member Posts: 20
    So it seems reading over the last pages of posts, should you expect to get a 2010 MDX for 300-1000 UNDER invoice?? Are they primarily just making money off the holdback then? As far as 2011, 200-500 over invoice seem fair? I'm looking in the denver area... I guess if I could get a 2010 for 1000+ cheaper and 1.9%, I'd go for that, otherwise a 2011 w/ BOA 2.99 seems pretty good as well.... thoughts? Thanks in advance for your replies!!
    Thanks everyone. I bought it today !

Price was 41,300 - MDX with tech 2010 (inclusive of destination) ..not inclusive of tax ..etc..

The lowest offer i got was 41,050..but they did not have the color i was looking for.

Thanks everyone.looking forward to picking up the vehicle in the coming few days.
  • mdx2011chicagomdx2011chicago Member Posts: 3
    Like i mentioned earlier I got my 2011 (yes 2011) MDX base just below invoice. I am in Chicago area. I talked with 4 dealers and 3 finally offered me below invoice. I am in lake county but brought it from Cook county- Hoffman estate. I paid 0.25% extra tax ($100) due to this but even then it was a good deal. The internet sales manager name is JP.
    Tech package well worth it when you consider you have to replace Bridgestone Dueller tires on base before you drive in rain or snow-the Michelins on the Tech will be $1000 to get. See Tirerack.com rating or any other reliable rating.
    I didn't relize the tech came with different brand tires. Seems odd.
    That's $2000 below invoice???
  • leexleex Member Posts: 7
    Hi vvr1

Can you share these two dealer's name and contact information, and I am in the market for 2010 MDX w/tech. I am in North NJ. Thanks
    edited September 2010
    Hi All,

I posted my message about the great deal I got last week on MDX Tech/Ent 2011 NOT 2010 (with 1.9% financing for 60 months) so everyone can see that there are good deals out there if you are willing to do some your homework and be prepare before walking into dealership to make a big purchase.

I don't have anything to gain by lying. As freedm2 stated, he called the finance manager at Acura dealership in Westmont, IL to confirm that I got 1.9% by mistake. As far as the price, I know for a fact that the TRUE dealer invoice price for MDX 2011 is $44,168 so I paid about $300-$400 over invoice.

Also, $860 destination charge is already included in the $44,168 invoice price so don't let the dealer tell you otherwise.

Good luck and let me know if I can provide any additional information.