Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• Options
    quattrodocquattrodoc Member Posts: 20
    Thanks MDX2011 for the info; so a couple of questions since you offered :) So the 44168 invoice is essentially the same price edmunds.com lists for invoice less destination (44149) - you say that destination is already included; not according to the website, etc - so you're saying it's just essentially extra profit? I'm looking at base 2010 vs 2011 - so if we use the same numbers, the true invoice is 39094 for the 20110 and 38776 for the 2010? Do these numbers seem correct for you? Any comments from anyone are appreciated! Thanks!
  • Options
    gf28gf28 Member Posts: 3
    Hi Everyone. I'm new to the board. I'm shopping for a 2010 Tech and the lowest price I've gotten is $42,201. From what I've read on the board, I should be able to get this car $500-$1000 below invoice. Would this be true in the LA area, as well? Also, should I get the pre-paid maintenance which covers 6 oil changes and 3 tire rotations for $225?

All feedback is appreciated in advance!
  • Options
    gf28gf28 Member Posts: 3
    Vinehill,

New to the board, but that was a great post. Thanks.
  • Options
    svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    If I correctly recall the invoice according to Edmunds for the base model including destination charges is about $39,954..I just bought a 2011 Palladium/taupe base in northern NJ for $39,900 plus all the taxes etc. I think the 2011 is too new to get under invoice, but anything is possible...someone said that the prices are better the further away from the North...possible,,,I don't know good luck to you...I willick up the X tomorrow am..
  • Options
    saaber1saaber1 Member Posts: 31
    leex,

i leased my MDX tech from the ramsey dealership. i got it for $42,500 which was the lowest of about 10 dealers i requested quotes from. this was back in late may.

talk to the internet mgr there. he was super helpful and a straight shooter.

good luck.
  • Options
    jpickjpick Member Posts: 15
    I spoke to a dealer and when I asked about the 1000 incentive, he said yes, they did get one. He said it is not advertised. So how can you find out if the dealer has an incentive, I can not find it anywhere, including truecar.com.
  • Options
    splitwindowvetsplitwindowvet Member Posts: 13
    There is no incentive on the 2010 MDX yet. Maybe he thought you were asking about the RDX, which does have a $1000 dealer incentive.
  • Options
    srs149srs149 Member Posts: 35
    The $1000 incentive does indeed exist. I just to my local dealer not more than an hour ago. Only on the 10 mdxs, though. I'm pretty close to closing a deal on a tech/ent...
  • Options
    freedm2freedm2 Member Posts: 68
    I was in the market for a 2011 MDX Tech - I was told by 50% of dealers that the 1.9% does apply to the 2011's, the other 50% say no, it was a mistake.

My local dealer has about 7 2010's Advance's in stock. They just quoted me invoice..... That seems pretty crappy considering another dealer quoted me $700 below invoice on a 2010 base and that was BEFORE the $1000 incentive.

I'm thinking the 2010 Advance should be $2K UNDER invoice. Can anyone else speak to the price quotes they recieved on 2010 Advances? Can you also tell me when it was quoted?

Thanks
  • Options
    mdx2011techmdx2011tech Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I signed MDX 2011 Tech Pkg for $200 over invoice price this evening. All season mats/wheel locks/Nitrogen/1 free oil chng included. Added Advance Running Board for $677 (Including labor)

Black with Taupe:
    $43486+TTL+Advance Running Board ($677) + All Season Mats ($0)+Wheel Locks ($0) +Nitrogen ($0)+1 Free Oil Change:

OTD : $47,200 with 3.95% financing

(without Advance Running board about $46500)

Went for 2010 deal which talked over phone..but they sold out the remaining Black ones...so started negotiating for 2011 based on quotes I received from out of town (esp from East Coast)....to my surprise, the Sales Director said..lets do for $200 over invoice.....the same guy did not yield for invoice price on 2010 just couple of months ago..now gave me 2011 model for invoice price+200 with All Season/Wheel Locks thrown.

Do u guys think it is a better deal for 2011?
  • Options
    tom298tom298 Member Posts: 14
    2011 MDX Tech-paid $500 over invoice-Cash. If need low % you could home equity at 3.25% that is tax deductible interest.
  • Options
    acuramdx2011acuramdx2011 Member Posts: 2
    A 2011 MDX Tech 200 over invoice sounds like a solid deal.

What dealer did you use in Dallas and what was the sales director's name? I'm in the Irving area and going to get quotes from a few dealers this week.
  • Options
    red300zmanred300zman Member Posts: 1
    2010 mdx tech, black/black, 42500 not including tax, title @1.9%
  • Options
    mdx2011techmdx2011tech Member Posts: 2
    edited September 2010
    I am also in Irving area. I bought it from Goodson Acura. No one could match this price locally. I did not expect DFW dealers matching the price quotes from East Coast. I just tried couple of months ago..no one came close...I tried again yesterday when I went there personally..this time successfully...the director name is (sent u PM)....I could have saved couple of hundreds more...but I was happy with the price that I got ..and did not want to continue penny pinching anymore.. :)
  • Options
    rjhvt00rjhvt00 Member Posts: 5
    Just bought a 2011 MDX with tech package, wheel locks, nitrogen/3 free oil changes for 42,300 which included destination charge. Polished metal metallic w/black.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    All of these prices you guys are quoting that you paid, does this include the "Dealer prep/doc" fee (around here is $499) which is as we all know a bogus charge.
  • Options
    The 43,200 I paid only included the destination charge. I had to pay a $399 doc fee (non-negotiable) + taxes + title. The "invoice" on edmunds is currently 43,426 not including destination but who really knows.
  • Options
    acuramdx2011acuramdx2011 Member Posts: 2
    Hi rjhvt00,

Which did you pay $42,300 or $43,200? And where are you located?

Thanks.
  • Options
    My bad on the typo. I paid 42,300. I'm located in the Northern Virginia area.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    That was a great price for a 2011! What dealership was it?????
  • Options
    dpmj1968dpmj1968 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all your info on pricing, I was able to negotiate my 2010 MDX Tech & Entertainment package for $44,062 (includes destination) plus tax and license. The tax rate in So Cal is 8.75% so out the door was around $48,600. I'm not sure I got a "great deal" but I'm happy with the price and purchase.

If interested, you can contact internet sales at Norm Reeves Acura, they were very helpful and made the transaction very smooth. I think they had at least (3) more tech and ent package on Sun. Check their inventory on their website (Google is your friend). This dealer was not willing to negotiate or offer a discount on the 2011 MDX.

The Acura dealer closer to my me (Tustin Acura) was the one that actually offered me the car at $44,062 (also through internet sales) but Tustin only had (1) tech/ent package left and it was black on beige and they wouldn't/couldn't get me the color I wanted (Grigio and black int), and I had to get it matched at Norm Reeves. Tustin did have the adv/ent but they wanted $48K-49K for that package. All other Acura dealers refused to match this price and the lowest they would go was around $44,600-$44,800.

Anyway, just wanted to give something back to this forum and hope this post can help someone get their MDX.

Thanks again to everyone who posted to this forum!!!
  • Options
    This was at Pohanka Acura in Chantilly, VA.
  • Options
    Does anyone have the true cost and factory invoice price on a 2011 mdx tech and 2011 advance? Its not out on true car.com yet.
  • Options
    rkorangeparkrkorangepark Member Posts: 6
    I am getting a 2010 base MDX (38500) with roof rails(599), body side moldings (499) and DVD sets 2 installed (1700) - 41300 - in the northeast florida area - is this a good price.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Depends on where you are - I'm having trouble getting anywhere near 38500 in colorado/utah; thinking about buying one east coast and shipping it!! This sucks!!
  • Options
    somerset1somerset1 Member Posts: 2
    I got unbelievable higher quote from Pohanka Acura in Chantilly.
  • Options
    teabone413teabone413 Member Posts: 3
    that is a good price. ive been haggling for days and that seems to be the lowest i can get.
  • Options
    i thought i posted this earlier, but can't seem to find the post, so my apologies in advance if it's a double.

i'm considering the clear film (likely 3M) for the horizontal surface on rear bumper to prevent scratches from pulling things in and out of the cargo area. has anyone gotten this and see the value / utility of it? it's $92 installed from the dealer.

i'm currently in the throes of final negotiation for a 2010 tech/ent with roof rails, running boards, all-weather mats, lock nuts, and maybe the bumper applique... any feedback is very much appreciated!
  • Options
    If you want the name of the salesperson I had let me know and I can email it to you.

My basic strategy was to use autocircle from USAA which essentially links to zag. I got 3 quotes but the salesman at Pohanka actually offered me less than the quote on the internet from their dealership before I said anything about the internet quote.
    I called another dealer and told him my initial quote and he offered me less and an extra 2 oil changes. I called back Pohanka 2 days later and they said they would come down and throw in the oil changes. The whole process was much smoother than I expected and I didn't receive any pressure to buy. The finance guy did try to sell me an extended warranty but it was close to $500 more than the same 96 month/100k mile warranty from Bernardi.
  • Options
    dvricedvrice Member Posts: 73
    That price is pretty good, but keep in mind I got the 2010 base model for $38,400 a couple weeks ago BEFORE the $1k incentive was available to dealers. Now, with the incentive I would think you could negotiate to the high $37k's.

I purchased at Radley near Washington DC.

We are loving the MDX so far. Next project is installation of headrest DVD players.
  • Options
    Updated pricing : 44,200 - MDX base + roof rail package + two 7 inch DVD headrest sets installed + body side moldings + protection package (i.e cargo mat, floor mat, wheel lock..)... Should I go for it ?
  • Options
    What happened to the $41300 you stated before?
  • Options
    When you say OTD, you're including sales tax, no? To keep it simple, it's always easiest to list price before taxes and tags.
  • Options
    for the 41300 i stated earlier the dealer gave me OTD 45,200...I called around and they (dealers) kept on matching each other ( 3 dealers) and have come down to 44,200 OTD ....I have not bought it yet..i may buy/finalise within the next 2 days
  • Options
    I am still negotiating. Look at my other reply. I will ask them for a breakdown once the OTD price comes down some more or they add on some more accessories ...is that the right way to go ?
  • Options
    I'm working on a deal pretty close to what you got
    2011 tech 42,686 with mats, cargo tray, wheel locks. I have another dealer that wants to match that and include a lifetime powertrain warranty. Does anyone know how much that warranty is worth?
  • Options
    kindakinkskindakinks Member Posts: 10
    Is that with or without Destination?
  • Options
    In addition, what is the doc fee they are charging you. Some dealers are charging high doc fees to make up for the low price quote. Some go as high as $400 vs. the more traditional $100.

If your price is with the $860 destination and normal doc. fees that is a very good price.

I've been trying to get that price myself
  • Options
    you are right. I am buying a 2010 MDX and hence negotiating on OTD price because the doc fees are different at different dealers.
    Can u advise if this deal is good - need some input - 2010 Base +, 2 dvd sets installed (1700) + roof package (1000) + mats wheel lock package (380) + running boards (600) + side molding in florida -
    44,500 (OTD)
    accesories approx = 4000
    tax approx = 2500
    after all calculations ( Base +destination, tag, title, doc fee...) = 38000...is this good or ask for some more ?
  • Options
    If I could get that, I'd buy it today - I think you're at the point where does another $50-100 really make a big difference?
  • Options
    destination included , but 599 doc fee is not.
    includes, wheel locks, all season mats and , cargo tray and lifetime powertrain warranty.
  • Options
    If I'm correct the invoice price was 43,286 , and I got 42,686 which was about 600 under invoice or I am thinking half of dealer holdback. Everyone was charging the 599 doc fee in our area. I'm in the SouthEast.. some of the other dealers that called me back today were floored by that offer. I could get them to go invoice, but only one was going 600 under, then another matched and threw in the lifetime powertrain warranty.
  • Options
    tom298tom298 Member Posts: 14
    Great price--I paid 43,786 500 over but doc fee etc etc only 300--600 under is fantastic
  • Options
    $600 doc fee is crazy! But you still got a good price - basically invoice with doc fee. The best offer I'm getting today on a 2011 Tech is $176 over invoice + $100 doc fee.

I also got a quote on a 2010 Tech for $500 under... They'll have to do better than that...

I'm going to need the $500 + the $1000 Acura to dealer incentive.
  • Options
    37,500 for the 2010 MDX base. Northeast Florida area. Buying it tomorrow
    I got lot of accessories 2 DVD sets, roofs, running boards, mats, moldings... hence the OTD is 44000
    Thanks to the forum.
  • Options
    Can you tell me what dealer please??
  • Options
    jjbestjjbest Member Posts: 5
    I was at a dealer in IL. Got quoted for a 2011 MDX tech with $500 below invoice. At the same dealer, the sales manager would also let his one of the few 2010 MDX advanced go with $2000 below invoice.

Could you guys give me your opinion on which is the better choice?

I was going to purchase a 2010 MDX tech, but seems like most of dealers only have higher optioned 2010 MDXs left.

Thanks!
  • Options
    Both are good prices; however, how much is the doc fee?

Here's the best I have gotton so far.

2011 - $175 Over Invoice
    2010 - $1000 Under Invoice

There is $1000 dealer cash so the dealer who quoted you $2000 under is either dipping into their "holdback" of around $1300 OR they are charging you a crazy doc fee.
  • Options
    jjbestjjbest Member Posts: 5
    The dealer seemed willing to part with 2011 more than the 2010s. He considers the 2010 he has got a good color combination.
  • Options
    Do you know what the doc fee is?