Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2013 and earlier-Acura MDX Prices Paid and Buying Experience

Comments

• selvappselvapp Member Posts: 15
    rphman,

I just wanted you to know that $49081 is his price, so anything over is his profit. I would recommend always negotiating up from his cost price than down form the sticker- obviously the final price depends upon what exactly you are looking for and whether he not only has it in stock but how much sales he has had this month. Usually end of the month is a better time as they are more willing to make some deals. Truecar states the lowest price in the last 30 days locally here in Houston is between $49124 and $49542
  • rphmanrphman Member Posts: 29
    looking at a 2011 mdx with advanced and entertainment package...

msrp 54965

what is the money factor and
    residual for 2011 mdx

looking at 3 yr 36k lease

thanks
    wade
  • mdxsportfanmdxsportfan Member Posts: 6
    Hello MDX'ers,

I found a CPO 07 MDX w/ Sport Package for $32k with 32,000 miles in CA state.

Is this a good deal or do you think I should negotiate for a better price?

Thanks in advance.
  • alwaysadaylatealwaysadaylate Member Posts: 7
    edited October 2010
    Is 38.700 a good price for 2010 base mdx? Why are there differences in prices between edmunds.com and truecar.com? Edmunds invoice price is 38,776. True car states the dealer cost is 38,669 and factory invoice is 39,936.
    I have read that others will not buy a 2010 unless it is $1000 - 1500 below the invoice. Would that mean Edmunds invoice, True car dealer cost, or True car factory invoice?
    Thanks in advance
  • hilltoperhilltoper Member Posts: 2
    New to the forum. learned a lot. thanks!

Last week bought a 08 MDX with Tech package, 35K miles. Agreed upon a price of $32.2K with the sales, but then he said if I wanted the car as CPO, I had to pay another $600. I pointed out that they ad. the car as CPO. He said yes, but only at the price of $34.8K. Sounds weird to me because, if I don't take his offer and pay the extra, will they de-certify the car?!

To play safe I agreed to add CPO, paid $32.8K +TTL. The car is still the same car with nothing changed. After $600 it is labeled CPO. Is this normal or the sales is playing trick on me? Just feel that you can NEVER trust anything out of car salesman mouth.
    The finance guy offered me an extended warranty, called "wrap", 7 yr, 100K mile (from 1st day of the new car sold). It costs $1100. Read here many people paid a lot more than that using online warranty seller bernardi. Don't know if it is the same coverage. Mine is basically covers power train and GPS + electronics. It is said bumper to bumper, but it doesn't even cover many things like hoses or belts ... Any thought on this?

Anyway, bought the car, don't like the dealer 's sales. Hope the car won't disappoint me. Thanks again everyone.
  • svofan2svofan2 Member Posts: 442
    Think it over...I bought on Sept 24 in NJ a base MDX 2011 for invoice at $39,900....not a great price for a year old vehicle regardless if the 2011 and the 2010 are exactly the same.....think about it...it all depends on your area and how sales are going on the 2011...good luck and I hope you make the right decision...
  • hilltoperhilltoper Member Posts: 2
    If it has the Tech/GPS, the price is about right. I am in Chicago though
  • mdxsportfanmdxsportfan Member Posts: 6
    Thanks hiltoper. Yes. It does include Tech(Navi)+Sport Package.
    need your guys input...lowest price for 2010 mdx advance that i have gotten $47365,,plus tax and title...what do you guys think?
  • adjohnadjohn Member Posts: 8
    I believe there was a $1000 dealer cash incentive last month on the 2010 MDX. Does anyone know if that's still valid for October?

Thanks...
  • mdx2011lpmdx2011lp Member Posts: 3
    Ok guys, I just copy part of dealer e-mail here.
    =======================================================
    "...At this time, I am pleased to quote the 2011 Acura MDX Tech at: $42,176.00 plus tax, title, license plates, destination charge and any options you choose to add to the vehicle. This price includes all current factory incentives. Financing is available. This special internet price is only available through the internet department, so be sure to ask for me if you call or decide to stop in......
    I'm sure you will agree, that this price is quite aggressive. This has been done in an effort to earn your business. Please let me know if you have any additional questions, or if you'd like to set up an appointment for a test drive. "
    =======================================================

I need suggestion. cause if dealer exclude destination charge at this price, it will be 43k. Is this a good deal?
  • 49ers49ers Member Posts: 12
    fantastic deal! Which city and state?
    Ok, I just feel that it sounds good. But unless I get the car at that price. Will go to dealer next week. Also I am considering to get 19 inch wheel.

The only thing I am wander is that they did not include the destination charge.

I am in Midwest, I will publish the dealer (even person) name if I really make this deal next week.

Truecar.com mentioned that the best deal is 42880$ for tech pack (include destination fee) but exclude TTL in Midwest area.

Looks like there is little bit more negotiation margin.

How do you think?

I'd like to receive more comment for this deal.

Thanks
    42880-1160=41720; I will show the dealer this price from truecar.com, and see what they will say
    Hi, 49ers:

What is $1160 that you are subtracting from $42880?

thank you
    destination fee 860 + 300 AD = $1,160
  • baoerbaoer Member Posts: 8
    I just got the final price $41K plus Destination @ $860, taxes, tags, $95 processing fee and $97 for Wheel Locks which are already installed. How about this?

Also, I'll go to the dealership tomorrow and probably will have them install the following accessories for me:

Wood Steering Wheel $631.13, Cargo net $54.82, Chrome Side Steps @ $760.47 (alternately the Running Boards would be $779.63), Remote Engine Start @ $762.42 and the Silver Roof Rack with Side Rails @ $1078.90 or $622.61 in Black. All prices are complete and include installation.

Do you guys think it's necessary to have dealer install them? Are the above prices reasonable? I checked Acura website and figured that these prices are above MSRP. Of course the prices include labor, but not sure if I can get additional discount on that. Any feedback is appreciated!
  • sonnysssonnyss Member Posts: 2
    Is this 2011 MDX-tech? What city and State? I am in Maryland.
    I'm in Maryland too. I'll post the dealership name after I finalize the deal this afternoon.
    Rosenthal Acura
  • r0r0r0r0 Member Posts: 1
    What does everyone think?

2011 MDX Tech/Ent
    Adv Running Board
    Wheel Locks
    TriFold Cargo
    Cargo Cover
    All Weather Mats
    Dest+Docs
    Quote: $45,700 neg. in N East

Would like to negotiate for:
    Body Molding
    Silver rails
    Silvet cross

Think they will bite on $46k?

Also got another quote for just the car at $43,800 and Adv Running Board for $800 (yikes!) But prenegotiation
  • cporppcporpp Member Posts: 1
    that actually appears to be the best deal anyone has gotten throughout these boards. not taking into account the extras...not sure on those. It looked like if you could get $500 to $1,000 under invoice on a 2011, that is a great deal. it looks like you are around $1,500 under invoice unless i'm missing something.

was this in chicago?
  • dave210dave210 Member Posts: 242
    edited October 2010
    If I had to go out on a limb, I would say the "best deal" is offset by the high margin profit dealer add-ons. I'd be curious if the dealer would still stick to the $41K if the add-ons were subtracted.

I personally bought all my past accessories online for a significant discount, and then had what I couldn't install be done by the dealer at a later date.
  • drmike101drmike101 Member Posts: 20
    If the dealer would still offer 41K, i think it will be better to take it and then buy the accessories online from Authorized dealers like Curry Acura in NY.There products are covered by Acura's warranty if i am not wrong, i bought some floor mats from them i got the Acura recipient and the warranty info.
    I would definitely compare cost of accessories online!
  • sonnysssonnyss Member Posts: 2
    Please let me know once you are done. I was there yesterday evening for the same car. Plz just leave your name so I can reference it. Thx
    How did you know that? You are right. It IS Rosenthal.
    You are right, it's $1426 under invoice.

No, I'm in MD.
    Thanks for your reply. The final price for the car is still the same as I posted yesterday.

I only bought running board and side molding from the dealer, will shop for other accessories online.
    I'm done but sorry I don't feel comfortable leaving my name here.

The trick is that you need to get multiple quotes from other dealers around to let them compete. My sales person said that he can match any price that other local dealers can offer. Try Pohanka Acura, they always offer lower price, and then make Rosenthal match if you don't want to drive to Virginia, that's what I did.

Good luck!
    dealer cost is $42,198; is your price 41k? if yes, then 1.2k below instead 1.4k below
    I checked carsdirect.com, the invoice is $43286, mine is $41860 including destination, so, it's 1.4K below invoice. I don't think it's below dealer cost, they won't lose money.
  • freedm2freedm2 Member Posts: 68
    According to many sources your price is actually below Dealer Cost vs Invoice.

There must be a new Acura Dealer Cash program on the 2011's.

The best I could do about 3 weeks ago was 600 below invoice (with $175 PA advertising fee invoice = $43,461) at $42,900 for a 2011 Tech. That was talking to 11 dealers. One would have $200 lower but they were sleezy and I didn't want them to get any of my money.

Out of curiosity, did you finance with the dealer and what is the rate?
    Yes, I did. The rate is 3.99% up to 66 mo. Not very good, but since I plan to pay off within 3 months, it's not a big deal.
  • cha2cha2 Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2010
    I am located in the western burbs of Chicago.
    Has anyone purchased a 2011 MDX advanced/enter for at or below dealer cost?? If so, any info would be greatly appreciated (also, any favorable dealer finance rates?).
    If under dealer cost, there must be some dealer incentives to which the public (at this time) is not privy! :confuse:
    sorry, 2011 MDX not 2010 :blush:
    $42,900 including $860 delivery and $300 AD fee, right?
    That makes sense. The dealer made a few hundred bucks on the backend by getting you to take a higher rate. When I was shopping and asked for below invoice pricing, the 1st question they all asked was if I was financing with them. One even said they would make it up on the backend with the lender.

The dealer who was $200 lower in price quoted me a 1/2% higher rate through the same bank I got. The dealers will get their money one way or another.

If you have the money to pay it off, then your approach is best. Accept a higher interest rate and the dealer passes the lender kick-back on to you. You pay it off right away; the only one hurt is the lender but that's a cost of doing business.

I got 2.89%. Just low enough that I don't know if I should pay it off or keep the loan.
  • newgiantfannewgiantfan Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Where did you get the $41860 price. I want to get the same car.
  • alwaysadaylatealwaysadaylate Member Posts: 7
    What is a great price for a 2011 acura mdx base model?
    My husband was offered 39,900 plus TTL on the phone with no negotiations. I'm sure there is a doc fee.
    I on the other hand was offered 42,900 over the phone. Nice way to alienate a customer.
    We are looking to purchase this coming Friday or Saturday.
    Is the special finance rate only for 2010, or is it for 2011 as well?
    TIA
  • tom298tom298 Member Posts: 14
    What is Out The Door Price--at you figures it should be about 45,000--this price is excellent---what dealer did you get it from-I'll be there today for one--please let me know. thanks
  • jdoriajdoria Member Posts: 7
    I was thinking of buying an 2011 MDX on Saturday.

Anyone have experience withthe Advance suspension? Can you comment on the difference between the non-Advance equipped car?

Its between this and a 11 QX56. Yes, I know these are light years apart. But the main focus is a 3rd row with some storage behind (X5 doesn not work) and excellent navigation/technology in the car. If the MDX turns out to be a good performer, I can save myself $350 per month ina lease.
    edited October 2010
    agreed selling price 46800 plus tax and title...msrp on car was 52915..
    dealer gave me 29500 for 2008 gmc acadia that had nav and entertainment system...

so i only owe them 17300 plus sales tax...

according to truecar..dealer cost was 46108..so i was close to it.they did out extra mdx chrome pieces on each front doors..which they said was $199which is included in the $46800 price ..but anyway happy with price..

what do you guys think???

wade
  • shortie_gurlshortie_gurl Member Posts: 4
    edited October 2010
    I paid $33k TTL included for a 2007 mdx tech ent 36k mileage. Is that a good price?
  • ballgame31ballgame31 Member Posts: 2
    i just bought brand new 2011 mdx base with 5 miles on it.
    $37,740 Price
    $ 2,400 Tax and title
    $ 860 delivery
    $(2,500) less trade in
    $38.500 out the door

i felt the trade in value of $2,500 was decent considering it was a non-luxury 2001 with 140K miles, check engine light on, and the tires had absolutely no tread.
    i think i got a decent deal.
  • tk17tk17 Member Posts: 6
    Can you say what dealership?

I am looking for the same thing.
    Yeah sure. They sold you the MDX for $37,740. That's several $K below invoice and actually below their cost....

Sounds like they gave you more for your trade than what is showing up on paper.

The trade in for your car is: (Ballpark)
    Excellent $6,425
    Good $5,875
    Fair $4,975

You still got a decent price on your 2011. You basically paid invoice.
  • msuactionmanmsuactionman Member Posts: 5
    Just for reference to know what you guys are working off of:

2010 MDX w/Advanced and Entertainment Package has a dealer holdback (price they actually paid below invoice) $1613.

2011 MDX w/Advanced and Entertainment Package has a dealer holdback (price they actually paid below invoice) $1623.

So when you negotiate off of invoice, you aren't going in their pockects much if you dont ask for anything under that.

Last year 2009s got all the way to 15% off MSRP when the 2010s hit; I'm holding out as long as I can to get close to that for a 2010.
    Hi,
    I just got a new quote for 2011 mdx tech package at $42,640, including desination fee. I feel pretty good about it. If this is a great price, I will pull the trigger tomorrow.

This is in CA.
    Hi,
    I just got a new quote for 2011 mdx tech package at $42,640, including desination fee. I feel pretty good about it. If this is a great price, I will pull the trigger tomorrow.

This is in the west coast.
  • taylor614taylor614 Member Posts: 9
    Do you happen to know what the dealer holdback is on the 2010 MDX Tech Package?

Also, is the holdback off of dealer invoice or dealer cost?

Does anyone know what type of incentives are coming for November? Also, given some of the pricing i'm seeing on the 2011 Tech Packages on the boards, what would those of you buying a 2010 Tech being shooting for?